Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar  (Read 185419 times)

Penguinn

Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar
« on: September 07, 2016, 10:57:36 PM »

About me:
I'm an 18 year old male. I'm looking to go from 5'2 to 5'5 in India which is kinda equivalent to going 5'4/5'5 to 5'7/5'8 in the US, a pretty great gain if I can manage all 7.5cms. I'm also going to get to be home throughout the procedure with my family since I'm from Mumbai, around half an hour away from where I'll be operated.

Surgery/doctor:
Doing Precice 2 nails in my femurs with Dr. Mangal Parihar. My surgery's on 20th September, about 12 days to go. I will be the Dr's first Precice 2 patient(slightly unnerving); however he says it won't matter. The total cost for those wondering is around $42,000 or 28 Lakhs(nails + surgery, not counting hotel stay or travel).
I've had 2 consultations with him thus far and will have another to get the exact surgery protocol.
He's not too big on pre-op PT but I've nonetheless been stretching and working out.
(Special thanks to Kilo for bringing the Dr's name to light with his experience and helping me out tons.)

These are the tests I've to do: http://imgur.com/a/tId5F

So far I'm really not scared, just excited. I guess the last week before their surgery is where people start sh*tting bricks. Fasting before my blood test and woke up at 3am out of hunger, couldn't sleep so decided to start this.
Feel free to ask me anything.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 11:35:29 PM »

Fasting before my blood test and woke up at 3am out of hunger, couldn't sleep so decided to start this.

That eager huh?

Anyway, good luck with your journey. Don't worry about Parihar, he is recommended by Paley so it means something.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 12:15:48 AM »

Very excited for this diary, Penguinn. Hope all goes well for you. One thing that might help you later on during your distraction is to practice having your legs extended for prolonged periods. If you're sitting for a while, have a chair in front of you and sit with your legs straight out and knees locked rather than with them bent touching the floor. You'll want to be able to tolerate not having your knees bent while sitting or sleeping since knee bending complications are common with femur lengthening.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 12:37:33 AM »

You are in excellent hands, so you will be fine. Dr Mangal is demanding , especially in the post- protocol, but with dedication  it will be ok.
Budget will determine my future.

Alu

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 12:38:15 AM »

Good luck Penguinn! I've been waiting for this for quite awhile as well! Hope it all works out man

Penguinn

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 01:03:23 AM »

Anyway, good luck with your journey. Don't worry about Parihar, he is recommended by Paley so it means something.
Thank you! And I agree. It's just the slight worry of being his first pure internal patient, but it's not something that bothers me much.

Very excited for this diary, Penguinn. Hope all goes well for you. One thing that might help you later on during your distraction is to practice having your legs extended for prolonged periods. If you're sitting for a while, have a chair in front of you and sit with your legs straight out and knees locked rather than with them bent touching the floor. You'll want to be able to tolerate not having your knees bent while sitting or sleeping since knee bending complications are common with femur lengthening.
Thank you, and I'll get on that. That doesn't sound too bad unless the legs have to be absolutely stick-straight.

You are in excellent hands, so you will be fine. Dr Mangal is demanding , especially in the post- protocol, but with dedication  it will be ok.
Thank you, he's said even despite lengthening struggles his patients usually come through without regrets. I've read the last cm or so getting to 7.5 can be hell but really don't want to settle.

Good luck Penguinn! I've been waiting for this for quite awhile as well! Hope it all works out man

DoingItForMe

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2016, 02:15:34 AM »

From one fellow Precice II patient to another: Good luck and congrats! Going from 5'2" to 5'5" will be exciting.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

Conan

• Poursuivez vos rêves personne ne peut vous stopper
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2016, 03:20:13 AM »

Hard luck bro

alps

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2016, 03:37:12 AM »

good luck Penguinn! you seem to have the perfect mindset!

Penguinn

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2016, 04:10:42 AM »

From one fellow Precice II patient to another: Good luck and congrats! Going from 5'2" to 5'5" will be exciting.
Thank you, your diary and insights were very helpful.

Hard luck bro
good luck Penguinn! you seem to have the perfect mindset!
Thanks guys. :)
I think I do too but my needle phobia CRIPPLES me sometimes. Even getting blood work done was so hard for me. :-X

Mtall

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2016, 09:29:22 AM »

Hey Penguinn! I've been waiting for this diary to open! All the best bro, stay strong! Will this be your diary or will it be the "Road to LL 2016" diary wherein you introduced the subject?

Penguinn

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2016, 12:41:41 PM »

Hey Penguinn! I've been waiting for this diary to open! All the best bro, stay strong! Will this be your diary or will it be the "Road to LL 2016" diary wherein you introduced the subject?
Thank you, and this one. That wasn't a real diary. I had that one locked a while ago so it wouldn't be bumped over actual diaries.

My blood work came back and I'm fine, so the surgery is locked in.

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2016, 05:01:54 PM »

I wish you the best of luck man; I'm very curious to know your journey through this and hope everything turn's out well.

By the way, how in the world did you manage to secure 42k at age 18?

ajay99

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2016, 06:42:39 PM »

Best of luck buddy ............ . :) :) 

Penguinn

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2016, 04:37:15 AM »

Best of luck buddy ............ . :) :)
I wish you the best of luck man; I'm very curious to know your journey through this and hope everything turn's out well.
By the way, how in the world did you manage to secure 42k at age 18?
Thanks guys :)
And parents. My dad knew how down I was about my height and nothing else worked so he suggested LL. That's right.. he suggested it to me.

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2016, 07:52:13 AM »

Good luck Penguinn. I'm wondering how you came to choose Dr Parihar over Dr Shah. Shah is in Mumbai, has used the Precice on a CLL patient, and from what I understand charges less. Not knocking your choice just thinking is there a reason you seem to have not even considered the other doctor in your city?
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

Penguinn

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 09:06:22 AM »

Thanks, and I'd read some negative things about Dr. Shah on this forum, and later even more stuff through PMs. However I've promised the person who told me that I'd keep it to myself. Also after the first time I spoke to Parihar and through reading Kilo's diary I didn't think I needed to look further.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 11:32:06 AM »

all the best brother :) .. fodd dio ...hope it goes well for u..
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

alps

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 08:51:54 AM »

are you doing retrograde or antegrade insertion? are you going to allowed to partially weight bear (depends on the nail size to be used of course)?

from what I've heard from two doctors first hand is that retrograde insertion for femurs is safer than for femurs. Knee pain is supposedly less likely for femur lengthening insertions regardless of insertion point. Retrograde has some advantages too: lesser hip issues, can insert a thicker nail through the knee.

I'm sure your doctor has all this figured out. I was just curious to know.

Internal femurs is a blessing really for leg lengtheners :)

Penguinn

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 09:01:58 AM »

all the best brother :) .. fodd dio ...hope it goes well for u..
Thank you!

are you doing retrograde or antegrade insertion? are you going to allowed to partially weight bear (depends on the nail size to be used of course)?

from what I've heard from two doctors first hand is that retrograde insertion for femurs is safer than for femurs. Knee pain is supposedly less likely for femur lengthening insertions regardless of insertion point. Retrograde has some advantages too: lesser hip issues, can insert a thicker nail through the knee.

I'm sure your doctor has all this figured out. I was just curious to know.

Internal femurs is a blessing really for leg lengtheners :)
I haven't asked, it's upto the doctor. I'll have a final meeting before my surgery wherein I'll ask this.
I'd ideally prefer the knee because..let's be honest, who wants anything put through their ass...
Looking at my X-Ray he said he'll put the 11mm nail in but supposedly more than one pair of nails is shipped together and the biggest possible fit is inserted. From what I remember from our first meeting long ago, partial weight bearing should be allowed since I'm not overweight.

Oh and a random tip for anyone like me who does NOT want a catheter inserted.. go for general anesthesia. Spinal will mostly get you the catheter because you won't be able to pee for at least a day after.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 10:46:33 AM »

Thank you!
I haven't asked, it's upto the doctor. I'll have a final meeting before my surgery wherein I'll ask this.
I'd ideally prefer the knee because..let's be honest, who wants anything put through their ass...

If it will eliminate risk of permanent knee pain i would.

Mtall

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2016, 11:57:46 AM »

From what I remember from our first meeting long ago, partial weight bearing should be allowed since I'm not overweight.

Hey Penguinn, what is your weight? Because as far as I know, the Precice 2.2 can take upto 60 kgs. Are you above that?

Penguinn

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2016, 12:00:23 PM »

Hey Penguinn, what is your weight? Because as far as I know, the Precice 2.2 can take upto 60 kgs. Are you above that?

I'm exactly that. My weight fluctuates between 60 and 61 but I have a decent amount of muscle weight on me :-\

Mtall

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »

I'm exactly that. My weight fluctuates between 60 and 61 but I have a decent amount of muscle weight on me :-\

If you would happen to know: Who has an easier time during the whole LL process: Thin people or Fat people?

Penguinn

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2016, 12:33:46 PM »

If you would happen to know: Who has an easier time during the whole LL process: Thin people or Fat people?

I don't, but I can't see why fat people would have any advantage besides some extra cushioning in the thighs.

Unicorn888

• Visitor
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2016, 03:32:08 PM »

Hahaha!  Good luck, finally your turn!  8)   You have the same goal as I do :)
🌈 YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY HELPING UNICORN 🦄 ~ ❤️ Every cent goes a long way ❤️
https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-unicorn?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Penguinn

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 05:40:31 PM »

Thank you Unicorn, I'll consider myself lucky if I keep my sense of humour through LL like you did.

Met with Parihar one last time before LL. The nail's going through my hip/ass, he doesn't like putting it through the knee cause it's a joint. He also thinks flexibility is built over years, so a few stretching exercises pre-OP wouldn't do that much. He's probably very demanding of physio during the process though. Chose general anesthesia because I want the catheter in me as less as possible. He says during lengthening, he doesn't encourage sleeping pills or pain killers unless absolutely necessary. Physiotherapy starts the day after surgery. Gotta stay at the hospital for 5 days or so, but he said they let the patient go home post-OP when he feels they're ready instead of an exact date.

My surgery's on the 20th and I'll go there 19th evening unless something on their end changes last minute. A representative from Ellipse(the Precice company) is flying over to be there during the surgery(on my money ::)).
I have all I need to know...just to wait now, I guess. Anytime I feel a little anxious I remind myself my surgery day's the last day I'll be this height, that helps.

Mtall

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 07:18:28 PM »

He says during lengthening, he doesn't encourage sleeping pills or pain killers unless absolutely necessary.

Oh  , this is my worst fear coming true. But from the diaries over here, I don't think you can really go without any pain meds, can you?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 07:24:40 PM »

Some people can't live without painkillers some people barely feel anything.

It depends how pain tolerant you are. You probably won't know before you actually do it.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:54:54 PM by YourSpaceBoyfriend »

Unicorn888

• Visitor
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 07:59:35 PM »

He also thinks flexibility is built over years, so a few stretching exercises pre-OP wouldn't do that much.

He's probably very demanding of physio during the process though.

Chose general anesthesia because I want the catheter in me as less as possible.

He says during lengthening, he doesn't encourage sleeping pills or pain killers unless absolutely necessary.

Physiotherapy starts the day after surgery.

Agreed, shld never nail the knee.

I don't think it's possible to lengthen without sleeping pills or painkillers (they DO slow down the bone calcification a bit) but I really don't think it's humanly possible.  Everyone in my group on codeine have cried their eyes out, men and women!!!!!!!!!

General anaesthesia is great!  Also, they DON'T NEED to insert a catheter in you yet.  You should ask them to give you a chance to try pee naturally (even if 1 hour) than insertion because it's more painful and deeper for men.  And one of my compadre's had a bleeding penis that freaked him out.  So you don't need that extra stress.  It's YOUR CHOICE.

Remember, your goal should be easy to reach and he's right, flexibility takes years to train, not months or weeks before a surgery.  Even me who's extensions go beyond 180 degrees past my head has been reduced to 130 degrees now.  And I can't bend my knees past 90 degrees properly.  SUCKS!  I'm working on it.

Do abs muscles, will help you control your spine later.  And cycle a lot (Guichet makes a do about 3-4x 20-30 min sessions per day).  For me, it's the best exercise ever, keep your muscles supple, elongated, warm, blood pumping, heals faster, and pain goes away!!!
🌈 YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE BY HELPING UNICORN 🦄 ~ ❤️ Every cent goes a long way ❤️
https://www.gofundme.com/f/save-unicorn?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 09:51:37 PM »

Thank you Unicorn, I'll consider myself lucky if I keep my sense of humour through LL like you did.

Met with Parihar one last time before LL. The nail's going through my hip/ass, he doesn't like putting it through the knee cause it's a joint. He also thinks flexibility is built over years, so a few stretching exercises pre-OP wouldn't do that much. He's probably very demanding of physio during the process though. Chose general anesthesia because I want the catheter in me as less as possible. He says during lengthening, he doesn't encourage sleeping pills or pain killers unless absolutely necessary. Physiotherapy starts the day after surgery. Gotta stay at the hospital for 5 days or so, but he said they let the patient go home post-OP when he feels they're ready instead of an exact date.

My surgery's on the 20th and I'll go there 19th evening unless something on their end changes last minute. A representative from Ellipse(the Precice company) is flying over to be there during the surgery(on my money ::)).
I have all I need to know...just to wait now, I guess. Anytime I feel a little anxious I remind myself my surgery day's the last day I'll be this height, that helps.

The risk of damaging the knee cartilage is too high for nail insertion through the knee. I think going through the hip is better for sure. Are you followups going to be once every 10 - 14 days or are they going to be more frequent, like once a week? Seeing him at least once a week for a while might be a good idea just in case there are any problems with distraction of the nail. It would suck to go 13 days with a nail that isn't extending when you think it is. I take it that he for sure isn't going to do any releases?
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23   Go Up