Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar  (Read 186309 times)

Penguinn

Re: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2016, 01:54:32 AM »

so many current LLer's are probably really jealous of you right now haha
It was the night I forgot to take my pills too. Slept for 6 hours again. It must be because I'm not lengthening yet.

goldenegg

« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2016, 02:04:33 AM »

It was the night I forgot to take my pills too. Slept for 6 hours again. It must be because I'm not lengthening yet.

sleeping pills messed me up more than they helped tbh. just ended up with still no sleep and extra tired during the day. I guess see whatever works for you once you start lengthening. good luck man!

Mtall

« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2016, 03:28:25 PM »

Penguinn,

If you're finding physiotherapy hard, why don't you just take an extra shot of painkillers just before the physio starts?
Does Dr. Parihar not allow that?
Wouldn't that make the physiotherapy more effective, as you'd be able to do more exercises and more reps?

Penguinn

« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2016, 04:22:28 PM »

Penguinn,

If you're finding physiotherapy hard, why don't you just take an extra shot of painkillers just before the physio starts?
Does Dr. Parihar not allow that?
Wouldn't that make the physiotherapy more effective, as you'd be able to do more exercises and more reps?

In my non-doctor opinion
1) A painkiller before every session(3-4 times a day) is an insane amount of unnecessary painkillers
2) Pain is necessary so you don't do damage to your body while unaware during physio

Mtall

« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2016, 06:03:16 PM »

In my non-doctor opinion
1) A painkiller before every session(3-4 times a day) is an insane amount of unnecessary painkillers
2) Pain is necessary so you don't do damage to your body while unaware during physio

3-4 times a day is a lot, yeah.
How many sessions per day once lengthening starts? And is the physio going to come home everyday, or only once in a while to give you a new routine of exercises?

frank

• Visitor
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2016, 09:41:54 PM »

3-4 times a day is a lot, yeah.
How many sessions per day once lengthening starts? And is the physio going to come home everyday, or only once in a while to give you a new routine of exercises?

If you go hard with pain killers the three months during the lengthening, sure you might damage your liver a bit but wouldnt your liver repair itself over time once you finish taking pain meds for consolidating? Like isnt the slight reversible damage worth the pain reduction?

Penguinn

« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2016, 11:42:29 PM »

Recommended 4, each taking 1/2 hour to 45 minutes but 3 is the minimum.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2016, 11:45:11 PM »

If you go hard with pain killers the three months during the lengthening, sure you might damage your liver a bit but wouldnt your liver repair itself over time once you finish taking pain meds for consolidating? Like isnt the slight reversible damage worth the pain reduction?

Some liver damage from using painkillers is irreversible.

Penguinn

« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2016, 11:48:38 PM »

Also I doubt your liver just washes out the issues but even if it does, what about your body developing resistance to painkillers? Imagine having excrutiating pain but nothing works cause you took strong pain meds for physio.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #164 on: September 29, 2016, 12:03:57 AM »

Yes you body can easly "get used to" painkillers.

Even Ketoprofen that i take from time to time can be a problem, both for liver and building up "addiction".

ll3ll

• Visitor
« Reply #165 on: September 29, 2016, 02:20:08 AM »

hey penguinn, thanks so much for posting the diary

-for the pain killers, definitely best to limit it as much as possible but if you're doing oxycodone or an equivalent it's usually prescribed every 4-6 hours so if you're doing it only 3-4x per day (esp if at a reasonable dose like 5mg or so) you'd be in that window; definitely can build up tolerance though so trying to find a balance and reducing intake over several weeks would be huge! over 1-2 weeks though as you go through the worst part you'd be unlikely to cause major damage or develop severe tolerance (though, would depend on the exact dose/med they've given). i'm not sure if they encourage using heat/massage or non-medical therapy but would be good to maximize that and tylenol if possible

-i scanned through the diary but hadn't seen and please forgive me if they're duplicate questions! 1) how flexible were you before the surgery (any pre-op conditioning, able to touch the floor, etc?). 2) i haven't seen other internal diaries, but did dr parihar say if he'd done previous non-publicized cases before you? from what i read it does seem reasonable since the insertion of the nail is a common procedure and he's a total expert in lengthening in general, but just wanted to check!

thanks for any feedback and godspeed, so excited for you!

Penguinn

« Reply #166 on: September 29, 2016, 03:42:39 AM »

Update
Started lengthening Day 9. Funnily I couldn't feel anything while lengthening in my right femur with the Precice 2(Ellipse representative asked if I could feel anything and I said "no") machine, and for the first 0.15mm or so of the left. Then from 0.15mm or so to 0.33mm I felt a funny, sliiight "zzt" feeling in my left femur every 2nd turn/rotation/machine sound. It's pretty cool. Doesn't matter though.

Thanks to the lengthening my discharge was also postponed and I'll leave for home Thursday morning, Day 10.

Also, turns out the hospital's being renovated.
http://imgur.com/Vpbxux5
http://imgur.com/7AA7OWh

Still at no pain without painkillers. Quads are still weak so I'm going to have to put serious work into physio 4 times a day. The physio does make home visits at about Rs. 1200 a session, but he said I shouldn't have to keep paying and will learn to do exercises on my own. He can only come 1 out of 3-4 sessions a day anyway, so I have to do most on my own.

Penguinn

« Reply #167 on: September 29, 2016, 03:51:04 AM »

hey penguinn, thanks so much for posting the diary

-for the pain killers, definitely best to limit it as much as possible but if you're doing oxycodone or an equivalent it's usually prescribed every 4-6 hours so if you're doing it only 3-4x per day (esp if at a reasonable dose like 5mg or so) you'd be in that window; definitely can build up tolerance though so trying to find a balance and reducing intake over several weeks would be huge! over 1-2 weeks though as you go through the worst part you'd be unlikely to cause major damage or develop severe tolerance (though, would depend on the exact dose/med they've given). i'm not sure if they encourage using heat/massage or non-medical therapy but would be good to maximize that and tylenol if possible

-i scanned through the diary but hadn't seen and please forgive me if they're duplicate questions! 1) how flexible were you before the surgery (any pre-op conditioning, able to touch the floor, etc?). 2) i haven't seen other internal diaries, but did dr parihar say if he'd done previous non-publicized cases before you? from what i read it does seem reasonable since the insertion of the nail is a common procedure and he's a total expert in lengthening in general, but just wanted to check!

thanks for any feedback and godspeed, so excited for you!

-I feel no pain besides very minor muscle aches while chilling. I'm not going to take painkillers unless I need to so I get a good effect when I need it. I'm only at 2.33mm of lengthening as of writing this so there's long ways to go before abusing painkillers. ;D

-
1) I could touch the entire length of all four fingers and 1/4th of my palm to the floor without bending my knees. My quads were great, I don't know what muscle it is but when I flexed there was like a box there lol. Now it's all gone.

2) He might have done internal nails for accidents because if I remember Cure Surgicals says he does tons of nails. This is his first Precice case. But I agree, he's a pro and I'm not worried(although stuff can go wrong with any doctor). What I do fear is my own laziness cause if I don't do PT properly and get my deflated balloon quads(ok not that bad) back up I'm gonna suffer.

Penguinn

« Reply #168 on: September 29, 2016, 06:34:22 PM »

Funnily I couldn't feel anything while lengthening in my right femur with the Precice 2(Ellipse representative asked if I could feel anything and I said "no") machine, and for the first 0.15mm or so of the left. Then from 0.15mm or so to 0.33mm I felt a funny, sliiight "zzt" feeling in my left femur every 2nd turn/rotation/machine sound.
Happens every time, weird phenomenon. Only while lengthening 0.11 to 0.33 on my left leg I get the "zzt" feeling and sound of the nail.

Auron

« Reply #169 on: September 29, 2016, 06:39:03 PM »

Hey pengium, sorry if it has been said previously but how much do you intend to lengthen if your body allows it?

Penguinn

« Reply #170 on: September 29, 2016, 06:39:54 PM »

7.5cms.

ll3ll

• Visitor
« Reply #171 on: September 29, 2016, 09:23:26 PM »

you're great, thanks for the replies -- keep the updates comin! lots of people supporting you!

Penguinn

« Reply #172 on: October 02, 2016, 03:40:18 PM »

Update
Through physio my right leg's gotten back a lot of strength and flexibility but my left is trailing way behind. Lifting it gives me shock-like spasms sometimes cause the small muscles near my quads are weak. The physio says it happens with the dominant leg getting ahead but soon the left should be back on track. No lengthening pains and 0.6cm taller after my lengthening tonight.

My sleep is ok so far, I get around 5-7 hours of sleep sometimes broken by the urge to pee. My right leg's muscles were really sore after waking up but that went away in half an hour. Things are almost painless when I'm relaxing like playing on the laptop.

Getting staples removed on Tuesday, 2 weeks post-op and man that's gonna feel good. I can feel them making the skin tight while doing exercises like side lying leg-raises.

Mtall

« Reply #173 on: October 02, 2016, 03:55:55 PM »

Update
Through physio my right leg's gotten back a lot of strength and flexibility but my left is trailing way behind. Lifting it gives me shock-like spasms sometimes cause the small muscles near my quads are weak.

Hey Penguinn. GLAD you're doing well.

1. Can you describe these shock spasms are they painful?
2. What's your daily rate of lengthening?
3. How's your appetite?

The Kaiser

« Reply #174 on: October 02, 2016, 04:54:41 PM »

Keep going you're doing very well

Penguinn

« Reply #175 on: October 02, 2016, 05:12:01 PM »

Keep going you're doing very well

Hey Penguinn. GLAD you're doing well.

1. Can you describe these shock spasms are they painful?
2. What's your daily rate of lengthening?
3. How's your appetite?

Thanks, and

1. Yup. Like 3 cramps/spasms at once in my thigh area and some little pain travels throughout the leg, leg is hard to control so if there isn't enough support by the physio it gets worse as it comes down. Edit- They mostly happen when I do straight leg raises. I can do leg raises with a pillow under my leg and side leg raises(assisted) but when I try raising the entire leg, thigh part included on my own, oh boy. Funny thing is I did that a lot at Mangal Anand and I've been religiously doing physio so I don't know why it would deteriorate. Thankfully it's temporary, will be fixed over time(his words) and goes as soon as my leg relaxes.

2. 1mm, 0.33mm at 8am, 4pm and 12am give or take 20 minutes.

3. Unchanged.

shorty92

• Visitor
« Reply #176 on: October 02, 2016, 05:28:33 PM »

Hey Penguinn.. !!

I am an Indian myself like you and am considering LL from Dr. parihar.

Can you tell me why you or Dr. P chose femoral lengthening as opposed to tibia lengthening? Also is cheap accommodation available nearby the hospital where you can stay for the lengthening phase? Would it be difficult to get helpers/maids to stay with you full time?

Also you mentioned that the entire procedure cost you around 28 lakh INR. Would it have been cheaper had you not had to pay for flying in the representatives of Precice?

Penguinn

« Reply #177 on: October 02, 2016, 07:42:18 PM »

Actually it's in the 30s lakhs but I should get the Precice machine deposit back.
I chose it cause it's safer, cleaner, takes shorter and tibias/externals can't go over 6cm. I wanna do 7.5.

onemorefoot

« Reply #178 on: October 02, 2016, 07:50:36 PM »

30 lakhs!!!!!!  :o, I am really scared about pin site care, so is very logical why you did femurs, it is simply much more comfortable.
Budget will determine my future.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #179 on: October 02, 2016, 10:14:03 PM »

Actually it's in the 30s lakhs but I should get the Precice machine deposit back.
I chose it cause it's safer, cleaner, takes shorter and tibias/externals can't go over 6cm. I wanna do 7.5.

How much is the deposit?
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

Penguinn

« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2016, 10:39:19 AM »

How much is the deposit?
I think it's around $3000, I could be wrong.

frank

• Visitor
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2016, 09:21:35 PM »

Hey Penguin how much money are you keeping in reserve in case complications occur?

Penguinn

« Reply #182 on: October 04, 2016, 02:44:49 AM »

Hey Penguin how much money are you keeping in reserve in case complications occur?
Parents paid for my LL so unlimited.

The Kaiser

« Reply #183 on: October 04, 2016, 02:49:48 AM »

Parents paid for my LL so unlimited.

Penguin i heard from someone did LL, he said after LL his sexual libido decreased, what about you? i think its a psychological problem not related to LL

Penguinn

« Reply #184 on: October 04, 2016, 02:55:51 AM »

Not really. I just don't have sexual thoughts as often because I'm too preoccupied with LL.

The Kaiser

« Reply #185 on: October 04, 2016, 03:24:40 AM »

Not really. I just don't have sexual thoughts as often because I'm too preoccupied with LL.

so you gonna length 7.5 at max, do you have any thought when you gonna walk normally after the lengthening, how many months pre-op you think you will walk normal again
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23   Go Up