Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar  (Read 185600 times)

onemorefoot

Re: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar
« Reply #527 on: April 04, 2017, 02:15:21 AM »

Have you measured tour new height or estilo have duckass?
Budget will determine my future.

Penguinn

« Reply #528 on: April 04, 2017, 04:59:52 AM »

Have you measured tour new height or estilo have duckass?

Still have a little duckass(<1cm). It won't go until I walk unaided like a normal person and do exercises. I'm not stressed, it's not severe.

The Kaiser

« Reply #529 on: April 04, 2017, 11:11:14 PM »

Still have a little duckass(<1cm). It won't go until I walk unaided like a normal person and do exercises. I'm not stressed, it's not severe.

How many months post- operation you're at right now? its better to right details

Penguinn

« Reply #530 on: April 05, 2017, 04:55:17 AM »

How many months post- operation you're at right now? its better to right details

The Kaiser

« Reply #531 on: April 06, 2017, 03:22:32 AM »

I think its a little bit long, do you think you should be able at least to walk (crippled) after this time?

Do you think if it was Guichet nail which support full weight barring you would be able to walk right now?

onemorefoot

« Reply #532 on: April 10, 2017, 03:16:25 AM »

Which diameter of nail you used?? And how did you go from bed yo bathroom?? I guess you were helped but if alone, how do you do It?

Penguinn

« Reply #533 on: April 11, 2017, 06:28:39 PM »

Update: Walking with crutches. Dr. Parihar told me to walk with crutches 2 weeks ago but I took it extra slow and started now. Way harder to use than the walker. I think out of Precice patients I'll start walking the latest, but I have absolutely no regrets.

I think its a little bit long, do you think you should be able at least to walk (crippled) after this time?

Do you think if it was Guichet nail which support full weight barring you would be able to walk right now?
Yeah but I was given less weight bearing during my lengthening and I was a little lazy after. Can't comment about Guichet nail.

Which diameter of nail you used?? And how did you go from bed yo bathroom?? I guess you were helped but if alone, how do you do It?
It's written in my diary somewhere but I think 11mm. I could be wrong.

With the walker! I didn't poop for 2-3 days after my LL cause I barely ate anything. I was helped sit and get up from the bedside camode so I didn't go to the bathroom at first.

p89

• Visitor
« Reply #534 on: April 16, 2017, 06:55:57 PM »

hey penguin

it is sad you have had non-consolidation despite a breezy experience otherwise. i hope it gets better.

do you still have aches and pains from the procedure? were you very muscular in the legs before? i go to the gym and now i am thinking of stopping it to lose some leg muscles.

Penguinn

« Reply #535 on: April 16, 2017, 09:25:44 PM »

hey penguin

it is sad you have had non-consolidation despite a breezy experience otherwise. i hope it gets better.

do you still have aches and pains from the procedure? were you very muscular in the legs before? i go to the gym and now i am thinking of stopping it to lose some leg muscles.

I didn't have non-consolidation/non-union! I never said that. I just had a slower consolidation but the improvement picked up in the past few months and I'm expecting to be allowed to walk unaided in May.

No aches or pains. Only feelings of tiredness in muscles after walking, the kind you get after exercising. I wasn't very muscular but a little in the quads.

doomsday

« Reply #536 on: April 16, 2017, 09:43:43 PM »

keep walking as much as you can. The nail itself is quite strong and if doc said you should walk keep doing so.

The Kaiser

« Reply #537 on: April 16, 2017, 11:17:42 PM »

I didn't have non-consolidation/non-union! I never said that. I just had a slower consolidation but the improvement picked up in the past few months and I'm expecting to be allowed to walk unaided in May.

No aches or pains. Only feelings of tiredness in muscles after walking, the kind you get after exercising. I wasn't very muscular but a little in the quads.
[/quote

What do you mean by walking unaided? is it walking normally without people notice, or just walking without crutches and walkers like a Penguin ?

Penguinn

« Reply #538 on: April 17, 2017, 04:28:01 AM »

keep walking as much as you can. The nail itself is quite strong and if doc said you should walk keep doing so.

My total walking time (w/crutches) is 1 hour a day. Sure, it may be strong but if I break it now I'll legit fall into depression. I have a lot of things planned for the coming months so I'm playing it a little safe. Still doing my weight bearing.

@Kaiser By unaided I mean without crutches.

p89

• Visitor
« Reply #539 on: April 17, 2017, 03:10:23 PM »

sorry i mis understood that you had non-consolidation.

on the whole would you recommend the doctor? has there been any aspect about him and the centre that has not satisfied your expectation? i read about how you were not happy with the hospital in your diary but other than that, are there any other complaints? were they all professional with you?

when i visited two orthos near me to ask about cll they discourage me from doing this. they also sarcastically wished me best of luck as if i am for sure bound to get screwed. they were both amused and found it funny that i need to do this for my height.

Penguinn

« Reply #540 on: April 17, 2017, 05:40:51 PM »

sorry i mis understood that you had non-consolidation.

on the whole would you recommend the doctor? has there been any aspect about him and the centre that has not satisfied your expectation? i read about how you were not happy with the hospital in your diary but other than that, are there any other complaints? were they all professional with you?

when i visited two orthos near me to ask about cll they discourage me from doing this. they also sarcastically wished me best of luck as if i am for sure bound to get screwed. they were both amused and found it funny that i need to do this for my height.

I would recommend Parihar for sure. He didn't give me any complications and dealt with the Precice nail malfunction perfectly in the OT. The hospital is not state of the art barring the OT, but I think someone really determined to do LL can overlook that if they're getting a great surgeon, especially considering other Indian surgeons' track record. They were professional, but to be honest I never experienced what they would behave like if I had a complication since my process went pretty smooth.

I don't know your height, but they do that despite what your starting height is. When I was 5'2, my bloody 6'2 or something endocrinologist scoffed at me wanting LL telling me height doesn't matter. A second endo(female) asked me if I was trying to be a model, cause there's no other reason to get LL at 5'2 ::) Even Parihar, despite being 6'3 or something himself told me that 3 inches wouldn't make an iota of a difference(I think he was just testing my fortitude). If you know for sure that LL will make your life much better, like I did, then you can shrug this bull  off. If you're 5'8 or something and having trouble justifying it to yourself already, this will definitely make you more doubtful and it should, it's a perfect sh*t test to weed out the wrong patients.

onemorefoot

« Reply #541 on: April 17, 2017, 06:26:13 PM »

Being 5 8" or above Will do more difficult that he accepts you, sh+-, becuase I know that has high technical abilities. What would be your recommendation since you were there for the hurdle( consultation).

Penguinn

« Reply #542 on: April 17, 2017, 09:33:59 PM »

Being 5 8" or above Will do more difficult that he accepts you, sh+-
That's not what I said. I said if you have trouble justifying LL to yourself, and a doctor sh*t tests you like going "You know it won't really help you, right?" it'll confuse you.

becuase I know that has high technical abilities. What would be your recommendation since you were there for the hurdle( consultation).
I recommend not opening up about your sob story and just parroting out something like "I see myself at a level that my height doesn't match". Sadly most doctors can't relate. While it's nice that Parihar isn't just accepting all patients for the $, I think telling a 5'3 guy he needs therapy was lame. Only therapy a 5'3 guy needs is a couple inches.

p89

• Visitor
« Reply #543 on: April 19, 2017, 06:42:10 PM »

penguin

how were in touch with the doctors during lengthening? did you have their phone numbers / whatsapp? or did you just email them?

how many times did you visit the clinic before getting operated? i want to decide how many days plan i should keep to plan and possibly even decide the surgery because i am not in bombay.

Penguinn

« Reply #544 on: April 28, 2017, 03:15:26 PM »

Update: 7 months post op

I'm told it'll be 1 to 1.5 months before I'm allowed to walk unaided (aka without crutches). I can take a few steps unaided right now but my left leg is lagging behind my right, which has consolidated great.

This is what my callus looks like:

Right I: https://ibb.co/hzwwMQ
Right II: https://ibb.co/gY1ro5
Left (the bad side): https://ibb.co/dDvHT5
Left (the relatively good side): https://ibb.co/mjwwMQ

I'm way behind the norm when it comes to walking unaided after internal LL. Life is so stagnant; I can't fathom how people go for a second LL after going through this once. I can promise you once you do LL, you'll never take walking for granted. It's still 100% worth it, never thought otherwise- just wish I was walking like a normal person already. I'm glad I kept a lot of time aside for this. I hope this serves as a reminder that the procedure may take longer than you expect, even when things go smoothly, so respect the possibility of slow consolidation and set a big time frame.

On the bright side, I can take care of a lot of daily activities on crutches and there's a ton of improvement in consolidation with every X-Ray. In Jan, I had almost no callus. Left leg needs to speed the fk up though! For me, LL has been less about endurance and more about patience.

I've bought some weights and started lifting (while laying on the bed obviously) and gone on a diet to get back in shape. No excuses now, I'm more than 80% normal. Some lucky bastards said they lost weight during LL so I stuffed myself with junk food and soda every day (literally every day) thinking nothing would happen and gained like 3-4 kgs. It's not even just what the weighing scale says, I know I've gotten fatter cause I lost a lot of muscle in this process and my weight has still gone up.

Thank god for video games and Youtube. Can't imagine how boring this would've been without them.

Penguinn

« Reply #545 on: April 28, 2017, 03:16:57 PM »

penguin

how were in touch with the doctors during lengthening? did you have their phone numbers / whatsapp? or did you just email them?

how many times did you visit the clinic before getting operated? i want to decide how many days plan i should keep to plan and possibly even decide the surgery because i am not in bombay.

They were in touch cause we could contact the assistant doctors on Whatsapp if it was important, or mail them and get a reply within a few days if it wasn't. I visited the clinic 3 times before getting operated but honestly once should be enough.

alps

« Reply #546 on: April 28, 2017, 03:26:09 PM »

Did you discuss the possibility of titanium nail insertion so you could get back to walking right after distraction?

That might have expedited the consolidation itself apart from giving the convenience of early normal walking.

Penguinn

« Reply #547 on: April 28, 2017, 04:08:41 PM »

Did you discuss the possibility of titanium nail insertion so you could get back to walking right after distraction?

That might have expedited the consolidation itself apart from giving the convenience of early normal walking.

I don't even know what titanium nail insertion is but there is no way I'd go through or pay for another surgery. I'd rather walk a few months late.

alps

« Reply #548 on: April 28, 2017, 05:54:41 PM »

With Precice, this weight bearing thing is tricky. You can't weight bear until your bones heal, your bones don't heal well until you weight bear. Gotta break this somehow.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #549 on: April 28, 2017, 06:30:31 PM »

With Precice, this weight bearing thing is tricky. You can't weight bear until your bones heal, your bones don't heal well until you weight bear. Gotta break this somehow.

There's this really cool middle ground called partial weight bearing... i'm doing it as we speak.

doomsday

« Reply #550 on: April 28, 2017, 07:02:52 PM »

I haven't heard about anyone who would break precise 2 so I actually think it's much stronger than we know. We heard about beztnail braking, guichet nail breaking but not precise 2 and people get them quite often. I'm conviced that the manufacturer plays it safe since the settlements  are so huge in the USA and people are plain dumb sometimes.

p89

• Visitor
« Reply #551 on: May 04, 2017, 02:38:08 PM »

hi penguin. i sent you a pm. can you please check? i just had some questions about where to say in bombay and stuff like that.
thank you!

Penguinn

« Reply #552 on: May 05, 2017, 04:41:27 AM »

hi penguin. i sent you a pm. can you please check? i just had some questions about where to say in bombay and stuff like that.
thank you!

I have no idea, cause I'm at my home in Bombay. Try Kilo's diary since he stayed at a hotel near Parihar's.

I haven't heard about anyone who would break precise 2 so I actually think it's much stronger than we know. We heard about beztnail braking, guichet nail breaking but not precise 2 and people get them quite often. I'm conviced that the manufacturer plays it safe since the settlements  are so huge in the USA and people are plain dumb sometimes.
As someone who's in one of the final recovery stages, I had 2 bathroom slips on crutches. I didn't fall, but I staggered trying to balance and my good leg(right) saved me. Only my muscles felt a little sore but the nail is fine.

alps

« Reply #553 on: May 12, 2017, 08:34:04 PM »

were you given blood thinners through out your distraction phase or right after surgery (to avoid dvt) ?

Penguinn

« Reply #554 on: May 13, 2017, 09:57:50 AM »

were you given blood thinners through out your distraction phase or right after surgery (to avoid dvt) ?

DVT? And nope, I took only multivitamins and calcium pills throughout distraction.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #555 on: May 13, 2017, 10:00:05 AM »

Are there any news regarding your consolidation?
I learned some stuff during this time

Penguinn

« Reply #556 on: May 13, 2017, 11:44:46 AM »

Are there any news regarding your consolidation?

My callus is improving, I've gone out to multiple places on crutches just fine and..yeah that's about all.
Consolidation took way longer than I imagined.

doomsday

« Reply #557 on: May 13, 2017, 11:48:11 AM »

My callus is improving, I've gone out to multiple places on crutches just fine and..yeah that's about all.
Consolidation took way longer than I imagined.
What's your blood pressure?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23   Go Up