Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you feel about having an LL partner? Pros and Cons?  (Read 2281 times)

Zeo

How do you feel about having an LL partner? Pros and Cons?
« on: September 08, 2016, 08:54:20 AM »

I think going to get LL with someone can save some money on an already expensive surgery. I mean you still have to pay for the surgery itself but you can split accommodations costs, assistive personnel costs, transportation, food, and maybe even get a deal on other stuff like PT, plus it would probably be more encouraging for the journey.

I could definitely see this having a few cons, especially having two people being logistically on the same page. I mean you would have to both have to be done saving at the same time and go to the same doctor for close to the same amount of time. Having an LL partner would probably be more appealing to those who planned on going by themselves, I think those who have family to go with them and help them would probably prefer that instead.

Has anyone ever even done something like this before? Would you ever get an LL partner or would you prefer to ago alone? When are you all planning on having surgery?
(sometime in 2018 for me)
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

programdude

Re: How do you feel about having an LL partner? Pros and Cons?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 10:25:30 PM »

I don't think an actual LL partner you reside with would be a good idea. LL is so brutal and you are almost dehumanized during the process. I think private time is pretty important.

That being said human contact and having people around in general is very important- And not having a family member or friend there for some of it is my biggest regret.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

ll3ll

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 12:28:58 AM »

I think it sounds like a really good idea - have definitely thought about asking around whenever definitive plans are made. programdude would definitely know better having been through it, but i feel like having someone in the same boat would be helpful, i feel like when i've had busy/tough times in the past, it's always worse if i've felt isolated. big risk though since most of us likely have some quirk in personality if we're considering this surgery and it'd be a big commitment to spend 2-3 months with someone you don't know, BUT i think pros probably outweigh the cons on balance.

Bander72

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 12:39:50 AM »

I would be down for that, I am thinking of getting it done in India and I did plan on going around the summer of 2018.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

programdude

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 03:40:37 PM »

I think it sounds like a really good idea - have definitely thought about asking around whenever definitive plans are made. programdude would definitely know better having been through it, but i feel like having someone in the same boat would be helpful, i feel like when i've had busy/tough times in the past, it's always worse if i've felt isolated. big risk though since most of us likely have some quirk in personality if we're considering this surgery and it'd be a big commitment to spend 2-3 months with someone you don't know, BUT i think pros probably outweigh the cons on balance.
I really don't think its a good idea to actually room with someone. Granted if you have private bedrooms or are in neighboring hotel rooms I think it is probably a great idea. My point is you will definitely want a sanctuary of sorts to be in for the moments where you feel completely terrible.

You are right being constantly alone is horrible.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Conan

• Poursuivez vos rĂªves personne ne peut vous stopper
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 09:42:17 PM »

For me I think it's not a good idea.. because it will reduce you privacy and therefore increase your stress. Best think in my opinion is to go with best friend or someone verry close to you

ub40

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2016, 06:16:20 PM »

I went and did my LL with someone from this forum. It made things a lot easier since we pressured each other to actually go through with this psychotic idea. The other benefit is we could vent when things were bad and knew there was someone else there that could relate to you. All in all it was worthwhile, the only downside is my partner is doing most the consolidation at home so I'm here all alone now which sucks when you're used to having someone there. The other downside is the doctor's attention is split between two people for visits and sometimes it causes issues.

All in all there are much more pros, I opened a thread asking if someone was interested and that's how I met the other person. We didn't share any costs since we stayed at a hotel with different suites and ordered our own food. Don't mix money into this partnership since it might cause misunderstandings
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating
Pages: [1]   Go Up