Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Barbell squatting after leg lengthening  (Read 4267 times)

Bigpoppapump

Barbell squatting after leg lengthening
« on: September 21, 2016, 04:29:12 PM »

Hi guys

I was just wondering if people can tell me how leg lengthening has affected their ability to squat.

Im just wondering as in the 2 months i have been here already my thighs have lost a lot of size and are no longer 27.5".

I was wondering if you guys were able to return to squatting to get your leg muscle back okay?

Im aiming for 6-6.5cms in my tibias

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Barbell squatting after leg lengthening
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 06:14:22 PM »

I have to switch from standard squats to sumo squats to go ass to grass now. I think it's due to a combination of muscle atrophy (mostly in the thighs) and the change in tibia/femur ratio. It will take quite a while to return to prior lifting records on the squat rack after lengthening, that's for sure.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Sweden

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 01:06:52 AM »

I'm still only 60% back in my thighs. I'm working on them. But it's hard when ankles and knees ache.
The ROM in ankles doesn't work as before too. As to the grass is just to forget about.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 04:09:19 AM »

Thanks guys

I was squatting 550 for 5-6 reps onnthe safety bar atg in April this year before i decided to undergo this op. i deliberately lost 23kgs by only eating twice a day and doing sprints for the 4 months before i came here

My calfs have dwindled away to nothing they were 17.2/3" before i came here i hope i get them back as well.

Have either of you tried hip belt squatting for your thighs?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 05:27:35 PM »

Thanks guys

I was squatting 550 for 5-6 reps onnthe safety bar atg in April this year before i decided to undergo this op. i deliberately lost 23kgs by only eating twice a day and doing sprints for the 4 months before i came here

My calfs have dwindled away to nothing they were 17.2/3" before i came here i hope i get them back as well.

Have either of you tried hip belt squatting for your thighs?

I always stuck with classic squats but I have a friend who does them with the hip belt. I think it would probably be a safer alternative to the squat rack while you're building your muscles again, especially if you go to the gym solo.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Kraken

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 03:22:53 AM »

BUMP this thread.

Does anyone know if squatting/deadlifting heavy (400lbs+) would ever be possible after leg lengthening 6cm-7cm?

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2016, 04:54:23 PM »

BUMP this thread.

Does anyone know if squatting/deadlifting heavy (400lbs+) would ever be possible after leg lengthening 6cm-7cm?

Deadlifting shouldnt be a problem imo. Most people who deadlift in the gym dont do it correctly from what i have seen

The main problem you may encounter is that your arms are now shorter in relation to your legs than before so you will need to bend over more increasin the initial strain. You could combat this by lifting from inside a rack or by placing the plates on something each side that is equal to what you lengthened. So if you lengthen 2-3" you will need to raise the bar up 2-3" to compensate. Place a 3" block below each side
Pages: [1]   Go Up