Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alex's Journey - Internal femurs - Dr. Betz - September 2016  (Read 5204 times)

Alex von Buetow

• Visitor
  • If you have a dream, do everything for it!
Alex's Journey - Internal femurs - Dr. Betz - September 2016
« on: September 24, 2016, 05:15:34 AM »

Hello everybody! :)
Hallo alle zusammen!

I don't really know how to start my diary, so I start telling you, how I came to LL and why I want to do it.

8 years ago, I read an really interesting article about Dr. Betz and LL. This was 2008.
I have to say, that I didn't care about it, because I was just 14...
3 years later, when I recognized, that I wont grow anymore, I remembered this article. So I started searching other articles about LL and Dr. Betz.

2 years later I first met Dr. Betz in Orscholz (in the rehab). Silencly I was still hoping to grow a bit, so I just wanted to talk to him and get some informations about LL.. and best of all.. I had the chance, to talk to other patients of him. Some of them were doing LL with Dr. Betz for medical reasons, some of them for cosmetical reasons. I'm glad to say, that I'm still in contact with to of them.
I was very impressed and first time I could feel this kind of happiness, when I recognized, that this great possibility of LL really exists.

The years went by.. I went to university, worked hard, lived my life, got a wonderful girlfriend.. I was still thinking of this. Now, in the year 2016, 22 years old, I AM sure, I'm not growing anymore. (My girlfriend is the only one, who knows, I'm doing this. She's supporting me, even she thinks, I wont need it.) Sadly: All men of my family and most of my male friends are taller than me. (All around 1,90m or more)

So, after collecting enough money, I got my (second) consultation with Dr. Betz in Neunkirchen (Saarland/Germany).
I asked him all my questions. He was really honest. Told me about the risks, the operation, the nail, the physio, etc. I had nearly 5 hours to ask my questions, talk about my goals, showing me fotoshopped pics of me how I would look when I'm taller, doing xrays, talking about them, and what exactly will happen, when I'll do the surgery.

Short facts:
I will get the Betzbone, 11mm
Current high: around 1,80 m (5*11)
Goal: 1,86m (6*1), maybe 4-5 cm more with LL on tibias.. so final: around 1,90m (6*3)
Weight: 72kg (159 pounds)

After my time in Neunkirchen, I will go to a rehab in Bad Füssing (Bavaria/Germany).

I will arrive on Sonday, 25th September, in Neunkirchen, where I have another talk with Dr. Betz.
On Monday, I'm going to have my "check-in" in the Komfortklinik of the Klinikum der Diakonie Neunkirchen, where I will stay approx 14 days.
On Tuesday, I'm going to have my surgery. Wish me luck and success for that.. or like you say in Germany: Drückt mir die Daumen!  :D

Greets
Alex
Doing LL on femurs with Dr. Betz in Neunkirchen (Germany), September 27th 2016 :)

onemorefoot

Re: Alex's Journey - Internal femurs - Dr. Betz - September 2016
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 05:23:08 AM »

I have the same goals 6+4, bt you are almost 2 inches taller, do you have enough money for do tibias too? Basically you are saying that the average of your social enviorment is almost 190, oh God.
Budget will determine my future.

Alex von Buetow

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 05:43:24 AM »

I have the same goals 6+4, bt you are almost 2 inches taller, do you have enough money for do tibias too? Basically you are saying that the average of your social enviorment is almost 190, oh God.

That's great! Will you do it on femurs or tibias or both? :)
Well, not yet, but I'm saving every cent I can.

That's right. Especially the young generation in the age of mine is very tall. Even the girls are very tall.
Doing LL on femurs with Dr. Betz in Neunkirchen (Germany), September 27th 2016 :)

onemorefoot

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 05:46:01 AM »

Ok, I am doing femurs in some years 6-6.5 cm, tibias I dont know, maybe if I have money. I am concerned about knee height, femurs will be very long for my tibias.

Alex von Buetow

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 05:54:05 AM »

So I wish you all the best for your future journey.

If I finally understand how the upload some pics, I'll do it. Especially from mobile. Maybe anyone can help me.
I went on imgur, but I don't know, what comes next.  ;D

onemorefoot

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2016, 06:12:30 AM »

The same, god luck with your journey.

Alex von Buetow

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 06:43:20 AM »

Thanks

Alex von Buetow

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 07:03:29 AM »

Here you will find all up-to-date pictures of my diary.
Everything after surgery will be here with the current date.

http://dawa.ws/dr-betz-diary/ufpl66krm3/t7hheik5t7l3/

onemorefoot

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2016, 02:57:49 PM »

Ok, I want to see your pictures,to have a bigger idea.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 04:19:42 PM »

That's right. Especially the young generation in the age of mine is very tall. Even the girls are very tall.

Few weeks ago we had a guy claiming that 6' is average height in Canberra, now this.....

Screw that, im not starting this topic again.

Auron

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2016, 05:13:19 PM »

Few weeks ago we had a guy claiming that 6' is average height in Canberra, now this.....

Screw that, im not starting this topic again.
I understand your point, however, if a 180cm tall guy feels the need to be taller to the point of breaking his legs, maybe most of the his social environment is definitely around 190cm. Imagine the average height once we hit 2030...

Alex, at your height I'd rather try not to damage too much your proportions. I feel like 8cm in 1 segment alone is too much. Is it possible for you to share your sitting height and wingspan?

Peaceout

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2016, 08:49:01 PM »

Well you have a great height,but i really cant blame you.I know it sucks to feel short around your family.How tall are your parents?And siblings if you have?
And you said that most of your friends are very tall.Where are you from?(i understand if you dont want to say it.)
Good luck on your LL journey.

Alex von Buetow

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 04:00:49 PM »

@YourSpaceBoyfriend
I really got your point. Feel free to think about it, what you want. But noone should be jugded for anything, because you never know much about the person's situation. Everyone has his own reason. But I needn't to talk about MY reasons. I do it just for my own. And I want to share my experiences with everyone, who likes to now more about it. :)

@NoRegrets
That's why I "just" want a few cm. Only have this one photoshopped pic. Sitting hight is very tall ("Sitting-Giant"). But dont know the exactly cm.  ;)
Wingspan is 186cm.

@Peaceout
Mother 165 cm, Father 198 cm, brother around 2m.
I'm from Germany. But I wont tell, where I'm exactly from, sorry :)

Alex von Buetow

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2016, 04:01:22 PM »

Short update:

Yesterday:
Arrived in Neunkirchen
Talking again about all the risks.

Everybody here is very kind and nice. You get what you want.
Rooms are very nice and comfortable.
Food is VERY good, but definitly too much  Cheesy

The staff told me, that I wont need any money here, because everything is included. That's right. Food, drinks, medicine, physio.. etc.
If you have any needs, you just have to ask.
You can always call Dr. Betz or his assistent.

Today:
Had a talk with the anesthesist. They tested my blood. Typical surgery preparation things.
I talked to a patient, who already had his surgery. Asked about pain. He is very happy.
He got painkillers, is doing many exercises, physio and is walking a lot (With crutches).
So I'm very excited and looking forward to tomorrow's surgery.

Greets
Alex

Alex von Buetow

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2016, 04:30:06 PM »

Sorry, really try to upload some pics, but it doesnt work

Here is the Link to my Photo Diary
http://dawa.ws/dr-betz-diary/ufpl66krm3/t7hheik5t7l3/
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 04:50:52 PM by Alex von Buetow »

LLuser1

• Banned
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2016, 09:06:13 PM »

One surgery enough. Don't get 2 just because a greedy doctor recommends it. 190 is too much. A doctor who accepts this... I have no words. Good luck
Banned for wrongly implying a patient death/posting incomplete information and repeated spamming/bumping irrelevant threads to post about Dr Monegal/MMaker despite warning.
Pages: [1]   Go Up