Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Growth plates are not the only factor, vertebrate bones are the complement  (Read 2520 times)

onemorefoot

I have been researching about height and I found that growth plates fuse at 16 for most of the boys, however, the vertebrate bones continue increasing in width, so even if your growth plates are closed, there is still hope. Any case of a person increasing more than one inch after 16????
Budget will determine my future.

Nathan2

• Visitor
Re: Growth plates are not the only factor, vertebrate bones are the complement
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 10:56:45 AM »

Not sure where you read that boys stop growing at 16, this is definitely untrue, myself and a lot of my friends grew more then an inch after age 16. Also if you are only 16 or 17 I think you should wait a couple years before considering this surgery.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 11:04:52 AM »

Not sure where you read that boys stop growing at 16, this is definitely untrue, myself and a lot of my friends grew more then an inch after age 16. Also if you are only 16 or 17 I think you should wait a couple years before considering this surgery.

I stopped growing when i was 12yo. My friend who was always shorter than me recently got some kind of growth spurt and now he is like 5'8-9(we are both 19yo).

It depends on a person really. Height and growing pattern is purely genetic.

BillyG

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 02:32:11 PM »

It depends on a person really. Height and growing pattern is purely genetic.

False
For example it can be changed through steroid usage.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 02:44:18 PM »

False
For example it can be changed through steroid usage.

Well if you are taking HGH(when your growth plates aren't fused yet) you can speed up the process and grow a bit taller.

But if in your genes you will finish 5'5 then taking HGH won't make you 6'3, you can get 3 more inches at absolute best.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 03:10:11 PM »

Well if you are taking HGH(when your growth plates aren't fused yet) you can speed up the process and grow a bit taller.

But if in your genes you will finish 5'5 then taking HGH won't make you 6'3, you can get 3 more inches at absolute best.

Agreed.

My half brother was projected to end up 5'4 and he took HGH for years. He ended up being 168. Not only that but because the legs are he part of the bodies that respond the most to HGH (look up on kleifelter syndrome) he has legs much much longer than mine but in sitting height I am a head taller than him.. He didnt lack HGH btw so the treatment was 100% out of his parents pockets.
I learned some stuff during this time

Morissette

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 05:21:22 PM »

Everyone has a genetic potential according to your genes. Where you end up height wise on that genetic potential is a mystery until your plates are fused if you start hgh treatment at a young enough age all it will do is help you achieve your genetic potential. Generally the oldest a doctor will start at kid on in Canada anyways is 14. I'm not sure about youngest I suppose as soon as they see that the child isn't growing at a normal rate or if the parents request it and can afford it.

Morissette

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 05:25:03 PM »

Idk how you would increase vertebrae thickness to gain an inch though and if you managed to do it it would probably require a lot of maintenance to keep it
Pages: [1]   Go Up