Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb lengthening surgery insurance or other payment options.  (Read 5783 times)

143grazia

• Visitor
Limb lengthening surgery insurance or other payment options.
« on: October 08, 2016, 03:04:02 AM »

I am already a 19 year old girl from the Philippines. For my age, my 143 cm stature caused me extreme depression and anxiety. I could have one shot for hope with my condition through undergoing a limb lengthening procedure which cost around $50000+ in my country. Fifty thousand dollars is an unattainable amount for a student like me.

To have dreams in life is normal for anyone, and it brings extreme hopelessness to understand that I can never attain them due to my condition. I am a hardworking, responsible person and student. I graduated top of the class in elementary and salutatorian in highschool. Currently, I am one of our university's dean's listers. But, no matter how much hardwork I do, constant discrimination, campus bullying still buries all those to oblivion. In God's will, I might graduate in 3 years and thinking about getting employed depresses me. I hope this forum could help me out in finding other payment options for this procedure. I watched a girl from youtube who grew 16 inches with no expenses because it was covered by insurance since she had achodroplasia. As for my case; I am already technically a dwarf, is there any hospital or clinic or any other sort of options for me to get an insurance?  or even get the surgery through longterm installment basis?

This condition is changing my mental state, going out of the house is a challenge each day now. Being aware of the condition kept me from sleeping at night. I know this greatly affected my studies but this deficiency already made its way to the deepest part of my brain.

Or,  do some people here know of possible sponsors or even generous lenders?  I promise to pay back. One of my biggest dreams is to be able to be successful to be capable of helping others. With anyone's help,  I might be able to get a job through my course/career and live normally. If given a shot to enjoy those priveledges, I can assure you that I will give back. I'll return it even tenfold if I could. Sorry if i sound so desperate,  but I got no more options. This surgery will mean everything to me. My family is supported by a minimum wage of around $248 per month, shouldered by my 55 year old mother. To burden her of, even hinting with, helping me with my condition is definitely not an option I would resort to. $50000 could be a one night stay in a hotel,  or even a meal for someone, but it could change a whole life for a filipina girl like me.

Wherever this goes, I am happy that you read all the way here and hope that you'll have a great day.

onemorefoot

Re: Limb lengthening surgery insurance or other payment options.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 03:21:20 AM »

Is not probable that  insurance covers your operation because you are not a dwarf for being a woman. Most of us dont have money, so loans will be difficult to find. I think that you can find a job and save money like a crazy, it is the only way. There are cheaper options for just 30000 K USD. Go to a bank and borrow money. If you want that surgery, your only affordable option would be tibias, but you cant go over 6.5 cm, so 150 is not very bad. After you could save more moeny and do the second sugery, adding 8 cm more, but femurs are damn expensive.
Budget will determine my future.

143grazia

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 03:30:57 AM »

How are femurs more expensive? How high is the price gap between tibias?  It's just that I read alot that it's the better option.  Thanks for your tips and advises by the way.

The Kaiser

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2016, 03:36:22 AM »

Is not probable that  insurance covers your operation because you are not a dwarf for being a woman. Most of us dont have money, so loans will be difficult to find. I think that you can find a job and save money like a crazy, it is the only way. There are cheaper options for just 30000 K USD. Go to a bank and borrow money. If you want that surgery, your only affordable option would be tibias, but you cant go over 6.5 cm, so 150 is not very bad. After you could save more moeny and do the second sugery, adding 8 cm more, but femurs are damn expensive.

how you borrow money and quit your job at the same time? i don't think my job will allow me 4 months off

The Kaiser

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2016, 03:39:05 AM »

How are femurs more expensive? How high is the price gap between tibias?  It's just that I read alot that it's the better option.  Thanks for your tips and advises by the way.

Try femur its easier, safer and less-pain. if you could afford it. I think your height is acceptable in Philippine, but i hope you find a solution, this surgery consider as cosmetic no any Insurance gonna pay. try to fool them if you could this is the only chance 

Bander72

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2016, 03:41:23 AM »

It is expensive in your country. There is one doctor there that charges more than Paley lol. Your best bet is to save money and go to India.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

The Kaiser

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2016, 03:43:24 AM »

It is expensive in your country. There is one doctor there that charges more than Paley lol. Your best bet is to save money and go to India.

hey bander are you from Kuwait?

onemorefoot

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2016, 03:44:37 AM »

Femurs are damn, damn expensive, tibias is your only option. You can quite the job you have when you do the surgery, maybe vacations or something like that, be prepared for complications, for avoid them you shouldnt pass 6.5 cm on tibias, believe me, 2 surgeries are a lot more difficult, but safer.

The Kaiser

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 03:47:33 AM »

Femurs are damn, damn expensive, tibias is your only option. You can quite the job you have when you do the surgery, maybe vacations or something like that, be prepared for complications, for avoid them you shouldnt pass 6.5 cm on tibias, believe me, 2 surgeries are a lot more difficult, but safer.

6.5 in Tibia is pushing it too. what you think about femur? 7? 8?

Bander72

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 03:50:14 AM »

Im from ths u.s bander is just a name I made up as a kid when I played online games.

143grazia

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 03:53:49 AM »

Just more difficult? Does a second surgery mean I have to pay for a full one again too (x2) ? Or it would be lesser or no charge?

Bander72

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 03:57:53 AM »

You will have to pay again unless you work out a deal to get a discount but that will depend on the doctor.

Penguinn

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 04:00:13 AM »

Femurs are more expensive because they're done through internal nails which are pricy. However with femurs, you could do upto 8cms. Tibias are cheaper; you could go to India or China to do them but the total budget counting travel, stay etc. would still come in the $20,000+ range. You can only do 6cms on tibias safely. If you can't afford it now, keep saving money because at your height, going from the 4'8 to the 4'11 range will be a significant improvement even if you do it when you're 30. Honestly, this is corny advice but since you're doing well with studies your best bet is to get a good job and earn for a few years, then do LL.

Bander72

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2016, 04:02:03 AM »

And you live in the Philippines so 4 11 is like 5 2 in the u.s for a women just below or the average acutally the men there are very short.

The Kaiser

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2016, 04:17:17 AM »

Just more difficult? Does a second surgery mean I have to pay for a full one again too (x2) ? Or it would be lesser or no charge?

depend on the doctor, for example Paley give some good discount, but his price is high as weed.
my advice to you is to go to a cheap well known doctor, and increase a little so this will equal to high level surgeon.

you're lucky, you still young. am gonna do the surgery and i will be 26 and half, so i missed my teenage

143grazia

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 04:21:52 AM »

Thanks for,  yeah it's corny,  but making it sound like my condition is not so much of a major issue.  It really is though. I stand at 4'7"...

143grazia

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2016, 04:24:13 AM »

But I doubt I'll even be close of getting my own even at 50  :-\ . Wish you all the best for your procedure. You're still really young though.

Bander72

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2016, 04:29:01 AM »

By what youre saying it would be really hard for you to gather the money in your native country.

143grazia

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2016, 04:59:25 AM »

Do you know the best option for getting the surgery in india? Like,  contact numbers of the doctor or the hospital? It's nice to just have a certain goal starting now.

onemorefoot

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 03:10:06 PM »

The best in India is Mangal Parihar, contact him.

beingtallerdream

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2016, 01:55:17 PM »

do you know what his real email is?

onemorefoot

Pages: [1]   Go Up