Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My LON Journey in South Korea (Dr.Lee Donghoon - Severance Hospital)  (Read 3400 times)

drleespatient

• Visitor

Basic Information

Doctor: Donghoon Lee 이동훈
Type: LON
Area: Tibia
Lengthening Target: 8cm
Final Length: 7.5cm
LL status: Finished lengthening
Total LL time: 146 days
Price: 44,000,000KRW + extra revisits fee (every 2 weeks) + internal nail removal fee (after 2 years)

Accommodation: Hostel(Airb*b) nearby the hospital
Translation Service: Provided
Physical Therapy: Free Sessions every 2 weeks **You have to do physical therapy and stretching exercises at home everyday
Dr.Lee's Webiste: http://www.drdonghoon.com/index.php/home#googtrans(ko|en)

My experience with Dr.Lee

I'm really glad that I have chosen Dr.Lee as my doctor. He is a very responsible man, he really takes care of his patients, not only is he good at performing the surgery, he makes sure your condition is in good hands after surgery. Even though he is very busy, he still takes every patient's case seriously and makes sure every patient recovers well. He would carefully analyse the patients' conditions and would tailor make a lengthening plan according to each individual patient(e.g. your body proportion, your body condition, etc), he would not perform surgery if you're not/not yet suitable for surgery.

You're welcome to ask if you have any questions regarding the whole process.

I will start updating my diaries in S.Korea with Dr.Lee soon and will cover useful topics like physical therapy, pain level, sleep, medication, commuting, accommodation, VISA extension, ordering food in Korea, Korean food delivery apps, hiring caregivers/helpers, coping and many more, in the meantime feel free to ask me anything!

What my legs looked like during my first week:
https://imgur.com/a/OSFvh

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:24:19 PM by drleespatient »

dean9191

Re: My LON Journey in South Korea (Dr.Lee Donghoon - Severance Hospital)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 01:21:37 PM »

Thank you for starting the diary mate. I wish you swift recovery

lostwing1993

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 05:31:10 PM »

There was a problem with the visa,i come from china, i cant directly apply medical visa。
  i dont know how other can stay in korean so long(5months or long?),plz tell me。and i have a idea about i apply a travel visa for a hospital visit,then doctor give me follow file
    1. Korean medical institutions or health care institutions issued by the treatment or treatment related to the relevant information

2.Medical and nursing institution business registration certificate and tax certificate
i m looking forward to your reply,im very confused about visa.

drleespatient

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 06:56:36 PM »

There was a problem with the visa,i come from china, i cant directly apply medical visa。
  i dont know how other can stay in korean so long(5months or long?),plz tell me。and i have a idea about i apply a travel visa for a hospital visit,then doctor give me follow file
    1. Korean medical institutions or health care institutions issued by the treatment or treatment related to the relevant information

2.Medical and nursing institution business registration certificate and tax certificate
i m looking forward to your reply,im very confused about visa.

Hi, basically you can come to Korea with a visitor visa first, then you can apply for an extension of stay and change your visa status in Korea before your visitor visa expires. You can either apply for the visa extension yourself at the Korean immigration office or let Dr.Lee's translator help you find an agent to assist in the visa processes, which would cost you around KRW330,000 including the visa fee as well as the fee the translator pays the agent.

drleespatient

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 06:57:12 PM »

drleespatient

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 06:59:27 PM »

Thank you for starting the diary mate. I wish you swift recovery

Thank you for your kind words mate! Right now my biggest hope is to be able to walk without crutches!

lostwing1993

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2017, 02:46:53 AM »

man,what is your previous height?u can lengthen 7.5cm,that is amazing。
  and i plan to stay in hospital about 5months,although it is expensive,i think rent apartment and live by myself is not safe and convenience。ty your reply for my visa question。

TemakiSushi

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2017, 06:43:54 AM »

Thank you for your kind words mate! Right now my biggest hope is to be able to walk without crutches!

Hello drleespatient,

I really hope you are doing well now.
I'm aslo considering Dr Lee, so wil really appreciate if you could update with your condtion now.
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable
Pages: [1]   Go Up