Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Polyacrylamide implants  (Read 2478 times)

Koi

Polyacrylamide implants
« on: October 23, 2016, 12:43:17 PM »

Hello folks,

Since there are many people here who can't reach their desired height without passing the limb lengthening maximum "safe" amount (10cms), I think some of you may be interested in this.

I recently found there's a non-surgery procedure that can allow you to grow from 2cm to 5cm by injecting polyacrylamide in the heels. There's another material but it gets slowly absorbed so you have to get those implants again, but polyacrylamide is supposed to be permanent.

All the information I found is written in Spanish so I'll try to explain you what you have to know about it:

- As stated before, polyacrylamide implants are permanent (although removable, of course), unlike the other material that disappears after 12~18 months.

- You can lengthen from 2 to 4~5cm.

- Each injection session costs 1.200€ per foot and can inject up to 2cm, you can do extra sessions every 3~4 weeks. The session duration is 30~60min.

- You have to have your feet badaged for the following week after the procedure. You should also avoid pressure in there and maybe walk on crutches to avoid such pressure.

- You should avoid strong physical activity the following month after the procedure. Also, you should avoid water in there and take quick showers. After that, you're supposed to be fine.

The doctor that performs this kind of procedure is María José Barba, from Spain. I also found another Spanish center that performs it (Clínica Hilton).

I don't know if this has been posted before, but I thought that those who (for example) want to lengthen up to 13cms but are not willing to assume extra risks may do 5cm femur + 5 tibia (or 6+4, depends on their bodies) + 2+1cm  by injections, once their bones are consolidated.

What do you think?

Cheers!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:05:43 PM by Koi »

Ozymandias

Re: Polyacrylamide implants
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 01:05:51 PM »

It's a scam. Don't lose your time (and money) with this.

BTW, I have been reading your last posts, I'm gonna send you a PM soon.

Koi

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 01:06:55 PM »

It's a scam. Don't lose your time (and money) with this.

BTW, I have been reading your last posts, I'm gonna send you a PM soon.
Thanks for your attention and advice, Ozymandias.
Looking forward to your message. ;D

PS. I had already contacted Dra. Barba for more information, I'll give feedback.

PS2. Been reading a bit more about this... if this is a scam, there's definitely no alternative to LL to get those extra cm?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 01:42:15 PM by Koi »

sashawiak

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 02:02:22 PM »

Does this just make the padding of your feet thicker? Sounds kinda weird

Koi

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 02:15:52 PM »

Does this just make the padding of your feet thicker? Sounds kinda weird
I'd say that's what it does. Some people reported they only got 2cm when they paid for 1cm, although they seem to be happy with how their feet look, anyway. I've been doing some research and I found many people report this is a scam, so it most likely is. However, Dra. Barba should answer me anytime soon, so I'll probably know the most important details of the procedure.

Cheers!

sashawiak

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2016, 06:56:19 PM »

Well if it is legit, my feet are really small so it would definitely benefit me that. Maybe I'll actually find shoes outside of kids sizes :P

Koi

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2016, 07:21:58 PM »

Well if it is legit, my feet are really small so it would definitely benefit me that. Maybe I'll actually find shoes outside of kids sizes :P
Some people report success, while others report it's a scam. Many report they didn't gain the height they paid for, but a bit less. I'd say it most likely depends on the doctor and the material with which it's done, so we have to choose wisely. However, many of those doctors promise money back if the injection doesn't give you what was intended to give, so it may just be a known issue, and it probably only works for certain people while not for others.

That's all I know, by now. :D

Cheers!

onemorefoot

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2016, 08:41:48 PM »

Lifts are cheaper, if you use 2 inches nobody will notice, because normal shoes are like 2 cm, so 3 cm more is difficult to be noticed by not trained people.
Budget will determine my future.

Ghostfish

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2016, 10:32:15 PM »

Hi Koi

Please don't consider this option.  I am a scientist and using polyacrylamide all the time.  It is a bad material for the body.  It is a polymer that coagrulates together and forms a gel.  Bad for your body.   I didn't go to the further information, but it is just so obvious to me that it will not help solve height problem.  Gel can't be hardened enough to support body weight no matter what.  It will damage body eventually.

Cheers,

sashawiak

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2016, 10:50:09 PM »

Yeah I looked it up and all I got was "DON'T USE IN BREAST IMPLANTS" so yeah, I wouldn't mess with it or out it anywhere in my body.

Bander72

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2016, 11:15:15 PM »

Unfortunately it was proven that it is temporary.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account
Pages: [1]   Go Up