Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3cm consolidation time  (Read 2717 times)

Bigpoppapump

3cm consolidation time
« on: October 26, 2016, 01:08:14 PM »

Hi folks

I did 3 cms in my tibias was wondering how much time it would take in your opinion to consolidate with the external frames

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: 3cm consolidation time
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2016, 01:18:19 PM »

The general rule says that it's always double time that you put in lengthening.
So we go like this: 1mm per day which means we get 3cm in 30 days. You double it and you have 60 days.
It's rule for young people mostly, if you are older then consolidation time can be three times the time you spent on lengthening.

But ofc, it really depends on a person or if any complication occured.

Btw, why 3cm?

Morissette

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2016, 01:27:08 PM »

Im also curious as to why 3cm the whole complication thing I understand but you could of at least gotten to 4.5 or so

The Kaiser

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2016, 01:51:26 PM »

First of all congratulation,

Tibia is always take a longer time to recover such as externals in general. i think you should have done 0.65-0.75 mm per day better than 1 mm. Anyways 3 cm is a very realistic goal, especially for tibia, even if you did it with a butcher am sure you gonna be fine with 3 cm. About the time i think its will take from 4-8 months for fully fused and jogging (not sure though)

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2016, 02:10:01 PM »

Hi guys

First of all i stopped at 3cm as i was not happy with the rom i was losing in my ankles.

My foctor said my bone growth is superb and ive been consolidating now for 2-3 weeks id guess. I flew home yeaterday with frames on i need to find a UK doctor to give me x rays and il need to find an orthopaedic surgeon who will remove the frames when the time comes which i hope will be soon.

Im hoping that in 6 weeks or so i can get this contraption off my legs and slowly start learning to walk again

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2016, 02:11:39 PM »

First of all congratulation,

Tibia is always take a longer time to recover such as externals in general. i think you should have done 0.65-0.75 mm per day better than 1 mm. Anyways 3 cm is a very realistic goal, especially for tibia, even if you did it with a butcher am sure you gonna be fine with 3 cm. About the time i think its will take from 4-8 months for fully fused and jogging (not sure though)

My bone growth was so good that i was told to up it from 0.66mm to 1mm each day i only did that for around one week though.

TrueSpartan

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2016, 02:24:18 PM »

The average consolidation period is 2 months per cm for external so your looking at 6 months.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »

Ok my dr in China told me two months i have to come back for removal. I think it is because my bone growth is so good so im not sure if thats why i was told two months would be long enough
Pages: [1]   Go Up