Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: How long after the surgery you stop walking in a weird way?  (Read 4614 times)

Rei

With no crutches i mean and if i’m going to do external tibias and get +6cm, should be more or less 1,5 months per cm but after full consoloditation, you will look normal when walking or look weird for a while?

21FRANCO

Re: How long after the surgery you stop walking in a weird way?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 04:02:17 PM »

Hey my friend quick question how much would it cost if I did the procedure in California ?

InFullStryde

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 04:16:53 PM »

It will most likely take you 5 - 6 months, minimum and that is with the Stryde nail Only.  Other solutions will take you more months.   I'm walking pretty well at 4 months with the Stryde nail right now and I sense about 4-8 more weeks until I feel pretty close to a normal walk.  I also lengthened a whopping 3 inches; so that may come into play; but I doubt it.   Plan for 5-6 Months.

Another thing to keep in mind... Walking normal again has a lot to do with how hard you work. I perform stretching and strengthening 2 hours a day, 7 days a week, since my operation.  Additionally, I'm walking constantly.  First, I walked all the time on a walker, then on crutches, then on a cane and ultimately, I walked unassisted as much as possible.  Work hard and you'll get back to your feet a lot quicker than others.

Here is a video of my gait/walking with the Styrde Nail after only 3 months and 20 days.  I was technically able to take steps after about 3-4 weeks, however, my muscles began to get so tight and sore from lengthening; that I wasn't near normal at that time.

3 months and 20 days.

"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

montahn

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 06:01:57 PM »

lengthening process of 1mm per day for at least 75-100day(for 7.5 cm to 10cm) . you can drive car after 7 - 10 months(for 7.5 cm to 10cm). for normal walk you need at least 10 to 12 months(for 7.5 cm to 10cm). All for external lengthening

so total 12 month to 18 month(for 7.5 cm to 10cm) with lengthening.

Hope its help.
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

notatroll

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 09:17:25 PM »

Some people have a weird gait or don't walk at all for years (Unicorn, Musicmaker...)

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2019, 12:14:57 AM »

I think he is asking for the regular time, not cases which happened terrible medical mistakes.
Go for it

InFullStryde

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2019, 12:36:33 AM »

I'm walking about 75% gait at only 4 Months with Stryde. I'd say about 5-6 months is what one can expect with the internal Stryde Nail. Any other solution....I'm sure it will be  7 to 12 month range.
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2019, 01:14:32 AM »

I'm walking about 75% gait at only 4 Months with Stryde. I'd say about 5-6 months is what one can expect with the internal Stryde Nail. Any other solution....I'm sure it will be  7 to 12 month range.
I think your recovery is in the "too good" spectrum.
Go for it

ned_flanders

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2019, 11:57:36 AM »

3 months and 20 days.

please, can you stop parading this video, it gives Stryde nail a bad reputation.
Stryde patients, including me, walk better than this already 2-3 weeks after surgery.

and as i told you before. given your very short initial height you shouldnt have lengthened 7.5cm.
even with baggy pants, you have this "dwarf-on-stilts" look. I cannot imagine you wearing normal jeans or god forbid slim fit.
finished lengthening 5.5cm femur stryde 2019.
I am not sure if it was worth it :/

Ghostfish

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2019, 02:11:41 PM »

and as i told you before. given your very short initial height you shouldnt have lengthened 7.5cm.
even with baggy pants, you have this "dwarf-on-stilts" look. I cannot imagine you wearing normal jeans or god forbid slim fit.
Hey ned

Please don't come to this forum anymore.  You are just simply rude and do not have any respect to others.  Just finish your lengthening and go home.

Apoplectic

• Gliding Over All
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2019, 02:31:06 PM »

[/quote]

Honestly he looks great and I don't think his proportions are bad as a result of the surgery so stfu

ned_flanders

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2019, 03:22:37 PM »

Hey ned

Please don't come to this forum anymore.  You are just simply rude and do not have any respect to others.  Just finish your lengthening and go home.

you damn right im leaving this forum once i finish legnthening. absolute state of this circus.

and i dont give a fk about gaining any of urs "respect". I am not here to kiss people ass. I am here to tell the fking truth as a LLer to future patients.
I am sure the first man to say earth wasnt flat didnt get any of the others "respect". Shove it up your ass you pathetic, characterless, spineless coward.

Yeah im "rude". Lets all pretend he looks normal in this stupid echo chamber. Just like in crazy+6s diary. We all know how it turned out.
Such a toxic climate here, a pack of sheeps shouting the same. Yes I am rude. Of course i will always tell the emperor is nked. This is a life changing surgery. Future patients who browse this forum will take decision based on what they read here.
You're such a wonderful guys lying out of your a**. The "blood" of all the butchered surgeries in future will be on your hands. Carry on being nice.

finished lengthening 5.5cm femur stryde 2019.
I am not sure if it was worth it :/

sylar94

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2019, 03:51:59 PM »

please, can you stop parading this video, it gives Stryde nail a bad reputation.
Stryde patients, including me, walk better than this already 2-3 weeks after surgery.

he looks perfectly normal
because the camera is placed very low, his legs look much bigger then they are

TinyTL

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2019, 03:56:50 PM »

he looks perfectly normal
because the camera is placed very low, his legs look much bigger then they are

Its been a while since I have seen a post-LL walking video, refreshing :)
I think you are right about the camera. Maybe the author can film again with camera placed a bit higher, at eye-level?

Proportions looks off on this particular video, but we all know cameras can distort what we see, so I am not gonna judge yet.
How tall were you before LL?

LLwarrior

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »

He looks fine to me, im sure he was looking much worse when he was shorter. Stop worrying about proportions when you allready are disproportionate, i dont know any guy below 170 that is not  disproportionate.

BeYourBest

« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2019, 05:15:54 PM »

As you know each case is individualistic. So he is not giving it a bad reputation. He is doing the right thing by sharing his journey with us.

You claim you're here to tell people the truth well clearly telling someone else not to put a bad reputation on something is hiding the truth. If he stopped as you asked him to then people may not know the damn truth. People may expect a 2/3 week time like you if he did not share his journey. Which can impact people's plans. We already know how we have to organise our lives around the surgery. Not having a wide range of info on how long it takes to walk proper will change plans. Like I said I know each case is individualistic but the more cases we have the more likely we can put together an accurate picture of the whole thing.

So, you are wrong here. Like I've told you before the truth is always appreciated. Just a bit weird when you're being a hypocrite.

@IFS thank you for sharing your video. It looks great. You know the entire forum is routing for you. Please don't let Neddy boy over here tell you to stop "parading" the video. Like I said it shows us that Stryde is not going to give everyone a 2/3 time period to start walking. You provide us a more detailed, realistic picture of the process. Thank you so much for this. We are highly grateful.

Ned, you my man are a bit looney. You give us negative info about LL that we already know (or should know through research). Put up your own video of your "better" walk if you really wanna help us seek the truth. Tell us about your own experience... Are you doing well? Would you recommend it? Anything you wish you had known beforehand? Like I said the more info for us the better. That would really be helping us out.

Still wishing you the best cause nobody trying to hate out here.

All the best.

InFullStryde

« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2019, 07:49:35 PM »

Thank you for the positive words you guys and of course your support.  CLL is a difficult and challenging process. It offers a great reward, but in order to achieve these awards, you must cross rugged terrain, which includes dry land, high mountains to climb, and rough waters to swim through.  The rugged terrain also includes serpents that may try to bring you down.  You should ignore serpent creatures in life because they cannot help you achieve your goal.  Serpents do not know success; they bask and feed on failure. 

I want each of you to win at whatever it is that you're trying to achieve.  It helps to have friends, family, and supporters like you guys by my side.  I look forward to continuing to post the most accurate depiction of my CLL experience with the goal of helping others as my primary focus.  I'll also post an updated video each month or so of my walking/gait and hopefully, this too provides a real example of what one can expect.   It is always my hope that CLL patients before me and after me experience a process that is even smoother and that much more successful than my own.  I only wish success on others.     I have only experienced success and this experience will be no different. All in due time.  I will keep going strong toward my goals and I will encourage others to keep going strong toward their own goals, my friends. That is the only way I know how to live my life.

All the best to the good in the community! Let's keep going strong.

IFS
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 10:03:25 PM by InFullStryde »

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2019, 08:46:52 PM »

Girls use 15cm heels and nobody says anything. You just leengthen 2cm more than him. He is obvously jealous.
Go for it

BeYourBest

« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2019, 11:05:52 PM »

Thank you for the positive words you guys and of course your support.  CLL is a difficult and challenging process. It offers a great reward, but in order to achieve these awards, you must cross rugged terrain, which includes dry land, high mountains to climb, and rough waters to swim through.  The rugged terrain also includes serpents that may try to bring you down.  You should ignore serpent creatures in life because they cannot help you achieve your goal.  Serpents do not know success; they bask and feed on failure. 

I want each of you to win at whatever it is that you're trying to achieve.  It helps to have friends, family, and supporters like you guys by my side.  I look forward to continuing to post the most accurate depiction of my CLL experience with the goal of helping others as my primary focus.  I'll also post an updated video each month or so of my walking/gait and hopefully, this too provides a real example of what one can expect.   It is always my hope that CLL patients before me and after me experience a process that is even smoother and that much more successful than my own.  I only wish success on others.     I have only experienced success and this experience will be no different. All in due time.  I will keep going strong toward my goals and I will encourage others to keep going strong toward their own goals, my friends. That is the only way I know how to live my life.

IFS

Well said mate. Keep going. You'll be walking back to normal soon I am sure of it.

Ghostfish

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2019, 08:23:34 AM »

IFS
Hi IFS
Well spoken!!  Ned, you are wrong about the the way to show or to tell the truth.  You need to show the evidence like IFS who provides detailed diary, thorough replies to any questions, lots of pics and videos, while you don't provide any evidence.  You are just saying bad things about CLL, while you are actually doing CLL WITHOUT complications.  It is so obvious which word will be taken into account.

BeYourBest also pointed out the important thing.  The more information this forum provides, the better the future patients will be prepared.  IFS is trying his best to help those people.  You are not the only smart one here.  People are probably smarter than you thought.  They will dig out enough information from here or other places and decide what to do. 

Just one more comment on ned's talk, Ned, you said you and others with Stryde walk better after 2-3 weeks of surgery.  It is absolutely true because you and others at that time have NOT lengthened even 1 inch.  It is getting harder to walk as you continue to lengthen because of tightness and some discomfort.  Once you stop lengthening, it will get better and better but it takes time.

fodawupa

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2019, 08:55:32 AM »

you damn right im leaving this forum once i finish legnthening. absolute state of this circus.

and i dont give a fk about gaining any of urs "respect". I am not here to kiss people ass. I am here to tell the fking truth as a LLer to future patients.
I am sure the first man to say earth wasnt flat didnt get any of the others "respect". Shove it up your ass you pathetic, characterless, spineless coward.

Yeah im "rude". Lets all pretend he looks normal in this stupid echo chamber. Just like in crazy+6s diary. We all know how it turned out.
Such a toxic climate here, a pack of sheeps shouting the same. Yes I am rude. Of course i will always tell the emperor is nked. This is a life changing surgery. Future patients who browse this forum will take decision based on what they read here.
You're such a wonderful guys lying out of your a**. The "blood" of all the butchered surgeries in future will be on your hands. Carry on being nice.

hey ned_flanders

u too can control ur mood swings. i believe in u. i love u  :-*  :-*  :-*

"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."

fodawupa

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2019, 09:01:16 AM »

infullstride... dont take ned_flanders too seriously. u are a man in control of ur life and u will not only be happy but also be a guiding light for others.

ned_flanders has hormonal imbalances that make him act like that. life is not easy if u have 100 emotional out bursts every day (anger, disgust, hope, anxiety, panic attack, sadness, curious, over and over again) life becomes too difficult.  so we must not hate him but love him.

with our love and prayers ned_flanders will become healthy like normal men  :-*
"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."

dreadhead

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2019, 04:00:45 PM »

Idk that walking after 3 months looks pretty bad...
19 yr old
Current: 5'9"(175cm)(5'10 when I wake up)
Goal: 6'1" (185cm)

InFullStryde

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2019, 05:35:02 PM »

Idk that walking after 3 months looks pretty bad...

This video is at 19 days after I completed lengthening 3 inches.   I'll have an update video in another couple of weeks of my gait progress.  Will try to post every few weeks for you guys. 

All the best!

IFS

21FRANCO

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2019, 06:14:47 PM »

I WANT TO DO THE LL WITH DOCTOR M BUT I DONT KNOW MAN ALOT OF DOCTORS ARE SAYING THAT BEYOND 5 CMS ITS REALLY DANGEROUS SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO :-\

InFullStryde

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2019, 06:15:59 PM »

I WANT TO DO THE LL WITH DOCTOR M BUT I DONT KNOW MAN ALOT OF DOCTORS ARE SAYING THAT BEYOND 5 CMS ITS REALLY DANGEROUS SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO :-\

Hi 21Franco,

Which Doctors told you that?  and remember you can always limit your lengthening to whichever amount you are comfortable with.  You're in total control of the lengthening which is a great thing. 

21FRANCO

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2019, 06:21:42 PM »

Well I think he is Russian but yeah he said also I herd you may get arthritis if you LENGTH that much but since you did 8 cm how do you honestly feel .. are you comfortable are do you still feel some pain because this surgery is really serious!!!

InFullStryde

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2019, 06:29:16 PM »

Well I think he is Russian but yeah he said also I herd you may get arthritis if you LENGTH that much but since you did 8 cm how do you honestly feel .. are you comfortable are do you still feel some pain because this surgery is really serious!!!

I feel good.  I'm not that tight and it gets better every day.  I spoke with Dr. Paley, Dr. Rozbruch and Dr. Mahboubian in the United States and each of these Doctors feels that 8cm is achievable if the patient is flexible enough and willing to work hard enough during their recovery.  Additionally, each of these doctors monitors your body closely to ensure that you are not going further than what your body can handle.  Make sure you are being well taken care of by your doctor and your physical therapist.  It all depends on what your body can tolerate.   I recommend you have a consultation with a few doctors and make an informed decision.  CLL is very challenging and it can be painful, but it's tolerable if you're one who can handle a little pain and a big challenge.

21FRANCO

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2019, 06:38:49 PM »

I feel good.  I'm not that tight and it gets better every day.  I spoke with Dr. Paley, Dr. Rozbruch and Dr. Mahboubian in the United States and each of these Doctors feels that 8cm is achievable if the patient is flexible enough and willing to work hard enough during their recovery.  It all depends on what your body can tolerate.   I recommend you have a consultation with a few doctors and make an informed decision.  CLL is very challenging and it can be painful, but it's tolerable if you're one who can handle a little pain and a big challenge.

Thanks man I appreciate because alot people say different things and at the end I'm left confuse.. you think arthritis could happen in the future or it's just fear tattics

InFullStryde

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2019, 06:56:24 PM »

Thanks, man I appreciate because a lot people say different things and at the end, I'm left confused.. you think arthritis could happen in the future or it's just fear tactics

The onset of Arthritis can happen for so many various reasons, including injury to joints.  If you decide that CLL right for you; I suggest you choose a good surgeon and also ensure that you live a very healthy, active, and joint friendly lifestyle before and after CLL.  This betters your chances of an arthritis free life.

21FRANCO

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2019, 07:09:58 PM »

THANKS..  SO YOU WOULD RECCOMEND DR M ? And also how much was the cost of the procedure with Dr m
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up