Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Amazing How  (Read 1458 times)

Johnson1111

Amazing How
« on: May 03, 2018, 02:26:07 AM »

Every damn teen is like 6 foot + in Europe US etc. And the new generations coming up just grow taller and taller. I call HUGE bull  on it only being 15-20% of males being 6 feet or over. It's more like 40% in my eyes if you take away the old timers. It's also amazing how us guys that are below 5'8" have to snap our legs in half and go through 2+ years of recovery just to reach slightly below/average height (That will be outdated and considered short in 20 years anyway)   :(

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: Amazing How
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 03:50:31 AM »

It only feels like every teen is 6+ ft because height is something you focus on, so taller people stand out more. Additionally, because your eyes aren't on the top of your head when you look at other people's heights they seem taller than you by a bigger amount than is really the case.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Android

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 05:09:49 AM »

Agreed with Kilo. In fact, American height has actually come to a standstill in the last 50 years.

If you're on this forum, you're predisposed to thinking about height (and by extension proportions) more often than the average person. This could lead to us experiencing the frequency illusion, in which we start to see patterns that are highly influenced by things we care about (e.g. you're thinking of buying a particular car, now you see it everywhere).

Most of us are pretty bad at guessing height too. Shoes, hair style, distance, surroundings, and even personality can influence how a person's height is perceived.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 09:33:14 AM »

Agreed with both. And we have posted already enough data showing how the huge rise in average height has already stopped even in highly-developed, tall nations like Finland.

Even in the tallest nation in the whole planet, the Netherlands, men barely average above 6 feet tall (which is 183cm): 184cm.

That is not to say the world isn't full of people who are above 6 feet. It is. Just like it is full of people under 170cm, or 5'7. Don't let your height neurosis get triggered by it; that's just nature.

Knik

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 09:34:59 AM »

that kind of topic don't even deserve an answer ...
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2018, 09:41:41 AM »

It's also amazing how us guys that are below 5'8" have to snap our legs in half and go through 2+ years of recovery just to reach slightly below/average height (That will be outdated and considered short in 20 years anyway)

That's not really how any of this works.

And you can always just move somewhere else. There's enough variation inside multicultural countries like the US. Move to California. Vancouver, in Canada.

Or Singapore. Taiwan. Japan. There are plenty of developed places you can live in if you don't want to break your bones and also don't want to be towered by a majority of men.

Body Builder

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2018, 12:22:35 PM »

Every damn teen is like 6 foot + in Europe US etc. And the new generations coming up just grow taller and taller. I call HUGE bull  on it only being 15-20% of males being 6 feet or over. It's more like 40% in my eyes if you take away the old timers. It's also amazing how us guys that are below 5'8" have to snap our legs in half and go through 2+ years of recovery just to reach slightly below/average height (That will be outdated and considered short in 20 years anyway)   :(
So much bs in only a few sentences.

New generation is not 6ft+. There are more tall people than before but still the majority is under 6ft and anyone who is 5.10+ has a great height and anyone who is more than 5.7-8 can look good if he has good proportions and a fit body.
Height won't be more on average in the next 50 years and it may be become even less.
Also, even if average becomes 6.4 ft that doesn't mean that so tall heights are more aesthetic than just tall or even average to tall heights.
Many boys today look like Slenderman, very tall legs and a skinny torso and arms, nothing like a real man should look.
The most aesthetically good men are between 5.9 and 6.1 so I dont give a bs if the average teenage boy becomes 6.3 and look like a fragile tall ladyboy.  ;D
Although this is not true, as myloginacc wrote, humanity reached its peak height.

So only a lunatic would believe that people nowadays are easily more tham 6ft, most men are about 5.10.5 +- 2 inches, at least on west.
In the other places of the world men are shorter to much shorter.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2018, 01:35:44 PM »

So much bs in only a few sentences.

New generation is not 6ft+. There are more tall people than before but still the majority is under 6ft and anyone who is 5.10+ has a great height and anyone who is more than 5.7-8 can look good if he has good proportions and a fit body.
Height won't be more on average in the next 50 years and it may be become even less.
Also, even if average becomes 6.4 ft that doesn't mean that so tall heights are more aesthetic than just tall or even average to tall heights.
Many boys today look like Slenderman, very tall legs and a skinny torso and arms, nothing like a real man should look.
The most aesthetically good men are between 5.9 and 6.1 so I dont give a bs if the average teenage boy becomes 6.3 and look like a fragile tall ladyboy.  ;D
Although this is not true, as myloginacc wrote, humanity reached its peak height.

So only a lunatic would believe that people nowadays are easily more tham 6ft, most men are about 5.10.5 +- 2 inches, at least on west.
In the other places of the world men are shorter to much shorter.

5'9-6'3 max is like best in terms of proportions and good looking body imho.
Even current Mr. Olympia Phil Heath(who won 7th time in a row btw) is like 5'9.

Honestly people here should stop with their fetish towards height more than 6'
You can look fkin amazing while being 5'6-5'10. Actual problems start below 5'5 honestly.

Most of the people here should seriously stop reading  ton of crap from heigh whores on twitter or any dumbass forums or subbreddits and just live their lives. You all will be way happier.

Johnson1111

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 01:56:10 PM »

I agree with all of these posts to an extent. Honestly alot of this post came from insecurity, pessimism and a bad general outlook on my future due to my height and proportions. I feel a little better this morning but I still always have height on my mind even if it's way in the back when i'm doing something I enjoy.

My wingspan is also around 6'3"-6'4" while i'm a shade under 5'8". I am in great shape and always have tried to be but can never truly have an aesthetically pleasing look. Just feel like a freak almost.

I do generally feel shorter than most people in the US and all of you might be right because of eye level etc. but it still sucks. More people are focused on height than ever I feel. So it just makes it worse not being in ideal range. Anything short of perfect sucks in the eyes of this society.

What happened to performance and being a real man is what makes you? Instead of "Oh that guy is a multimillionaire but he's 5'6" so he's just compensating poor manlet with a napoleon complex" like really? It's so ridiculous and untrue but social media stigma has dumbed people down so much to really think this stuff?

I feel most of us are dumbing ourselves down by playing to that level so we can fit in. Almost like Idiocracy.

Not trying to vent but just giving some reasoning as to why I posted this.

myloginacct

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2018, 02:17:34 PM »

All we did was to eliminate the obstacles in healthcare and nutrition that did not permit most people to reach (close to) their max genetic potential.

Height is also one of the most heritable human traits, so as people got taller due to the removal of obstacles, their children inherited their parents' taller heights (and genes) and kept the cycle going.

The reason why height stopped that big rise isn't clear to me, but I suspect just "maxed" out genes over generations, the removal of healthcare and nutritional obstacles in modern life, and the general statistical tendency of regression toward the mean.

So there will always be tall(er) and short(er) people, but a relatively homogeneous population (its genetics) should trend towards its mean height when all other variables that could drastically influence the results have been taken out of the equation.

Now, if you're some kind of dictator somewhere, maybe you can keep the tallest among the tallest of your nation marrying only one another for a few centuries to test if increases in mean familial height will always happen:

Bobroczkyi was born in Arad, Romania, the son of Zsigmond Bobroczky, a former basketball player, and Brunhilde, a former volleyball and handball player, 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in). At age 8 he was taller than his mother, at 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in) tall, and by the age of 12 he reached a height of 2.18 m (7 ft 2 in), surpassing his father, ultimately ending at 7'7 (2.31m). He has been the subject of medical studies nearly his entire life, leading to the prevailing opinion that his height is a result of genetics, not a hormonal disease.

Someone get one of these women to marry him and let's see if he has any sons taller than 7'7!

myloginacct

« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2018, 02:18:45 PM »

Alpha male staring at the manlets:

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2018, 02:23:14 PM »

Alpha male staring at the manlets:

He looks horrible

myloginacct

« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2018, 03:06:31 PM »

He looks horrible

Yeah, I was just making a joke, but I do feel bad. That guy probably has body image issues despite all the early successes in basketball. I just wanted to put some things into (7'7) perspective, considering how some people here are with height.

5'9-6'3 max is like best in terms of proportions and good looking body imho.
Even current Mr. Olympia Phil Heath(who won 7th time in a row btw) is like 5'9.

Honestly people here should stop with their fetish towards height more than 6'
You can look fkin amazing while being 5'6-5'10. Actual problems start below 5'5 honestly.

Most of the people here should seriously stop reading  ton of crap from heigh whores on twitter or any dumbass forums or subbreddits and just live their lives. You all will be way happier.

I agree with everything you said here. It gets progressively harder and harder to find "well-proportioned" men above certain heights (above 6'2, imo). Some people just think the taller, the better because the select few who have "athletic/good-looking" proportions easily get picked out and promoted by the sports or fashion industries, and the media around them.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 03:34:11 PM by myloginacct »

Android

« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2018, 06:54:43 PM »

Someone get Bobroczkyi a bigger chair! Poor kid.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh
Pages: [1]   Go Up