Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adderall cured my height neurosis  (Read 3893 times)

rock112

Adderall cured my height neurosis
« on: November 03, 2016, 09:24:19 AM »

Before I used to walk outside and my inner monologue would go insane. I would look at the trees and count them or think about my ex girlfriend when I saw a girl but worst of all I would look at every tall dude and notice how every tall dude over 6'1 had a 70% chance of being accompanied by a girl, and much worse, at how I haven't seen a dude my height with a girl in 4 months. Needless statisics, observations, worry, calculations.....

I told my doctor and he put me on Adderall. I was reluctant at first. I don't like the idea of drugs. But wow, did it change everything.

I don't give a fk anymore. I walk outside and my head is clear. No voices, no thoughts poking at me. I just focus on my goals and complete them. I don't compare myself to every person I see now. I don't frantically think about the meaning of life or my quality of life or my happiness. I just live life now.

Take my warning though. It does socially reduce you. I was hyper and charming before, now I'm much less charismatic. I'm just not as invested in people.

But when I'm on it I seriously give no fks that I'm short. For once I was able to see clearly The Who cares height doesn't matter argument or at least begin to grasp it which I know may sound ridiculous or impossible to you.

Just talk to a doctor and give it a try before getting stretched lol. I think a lot of what people may call anxiety depression height neurosis is all just chronic overthinking stress and worry that will reduce you to an always tired person who does not want to do much more than lay in bed or on the couch.

The Kaiser

Re: Adderall cured my height neurosis
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 10:02:00 AM »

Before I used to walk outside and my inner monologue would go insane. I would look at the trees and count them or think about my ex girlfriend when I saw a girl but worst of all I would look at every tall dude and notice how every tall dude over 6'1 had a 70% chance of being accompanied by a girl, and much worse, at how I haven't seen a dude my height with a girl in 4 months. Needless statisics, observations, worry, calculations.....

I told my doctor and he put me on Adderall. I was reluctant at first. I don't like the idea of drugs. But wow, did it change everything.

I don't give a fk anymore. I walk outside and my head is clear. No voices, no thoughts poking at me. I just focus on my goals and complete them. I don't compare myself to every person I see now. I don't frantically think about the meaning of life or my quality of life or my happiness. I just live life now.

Take my warning though. It does socially reduce you. I was hyper and charming before, now I'm much less charismatic. I'm just not as invested in people.

But when I'm on it I seriously give no fks that I'm short. For once I was able to see clearly The Who cares height doesn't matter argument or at least begin to grasp it which I know may sound ridiculous or impossible to you.

Just talk to a doctor and give it a try before getting stretched lol. I think a lot of what people may call anxiety depression height neurosis is all just chronic overthinking stress and worry that will reduce you to an always tired person who does not want to do much more than lay in bed or on the couch.

you won, be happy. whats your height?

onemorefoot

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:45:20 PM »

That is very difficult, I do not think I can be well if I dont have a little more of height.
Budget will determine my future.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 08:27:23 PM »

How tall are you?
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 08:31:22 PM »

He mentioned he was 5 4" in some past thread.

insearchofanswers

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 08:44:21 PM »

Good! We should have a try!

BiggestProblem

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 09:01:17 PM »

I mean you foot.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 09:12:13 PM »

Good! We should have a try!

Try it and tell us how it goes for you
I learned some stuff during this time

Zaney

• Short & Devastatingly Handsome
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 03:31:21 AM »

rock112-

Is your plan to stay on Adderall for the rest of your life? Probably not, so what the hell are you going to do when you stop taking this drug?

When you eventually stop taking this drug, holy sh*t is your neurosis going to come back stronger than ever, since you didn't actually work through or solve the original problem...

rock112

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 06:35:56 AM »

rock112-

Is your plan to stay on Adderall for the rest of your life? Probably not, so what the hell are you going to do when you stop taking this drug?

When you eventually stop taking this drug, holy sh*t is your neurosis going to come back stronger than ever, since you didn't actually work through or solve the original problem...

I don't take it everyday. Probably once a week. But just the first time I took it I found a lot of peace and I learned how to relax myself. It helps a lot in that way, like I can channel myself into the mindset I had when I was on it.

Alu

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 06:50:49 AM »

rock112-

OK first off... that sort of comment is a slap on the face to countless of guys at his height who are living their lives just fine man. I know considering all our minds that's a hard thing to realize, but it's the truth.

Second, what Adderall probably did is that it improved his chemical/hormonal balance in his brain. Sometimes depression can be as much about cognitive state of mind, as it can be all chemical properties of the brain of which you really don't have any control over. Scary but true.

OP keep it up if it helps, just don't depend on it

I mean you foot.

He's a 16 year old, 5'9 chubbster

onemorefoot

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 06:58:39 PM »

Than you Alu for

I dont know if it is good. but give a try.

myloginacct

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 09:13:35 PM »

Psychiatric drugs can help, even though I didn't like my experience with them. BDD/height neurosis, specially for more average male heights, can be just a symptom of untreated, underlying issues like depression and anxiety. Not for everyone, but certainly for many.

Before recent events made my height neurosis/BDD flare up again, I used to get obsessive, self-hating thoughts about other subjects regarding myself. So I know my height neurosis isn't purely due to my height. I used to feel worthless as a human being before. Now I tend to just feel worthless as a man when the BDD hits, even though I understand rationally and logically there's no reason to believe that - you just can't control the "emotionally" part. Anyway, it's better to have this than what I had before, specially when CLL is a tangible prospect for my future, one that I can always leave looming in the back of my mind for reassurance. 

extremis

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 05:11:48 AM »

Adderall is addictive, neurotoxic garbage. You've """cured""" (read: put a band-aid over) your height neurosis at the cost of your neuroplasticity and dopamine receptor sensitivity.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4497800/

All three drugs (METH, d-AMPH and MDMA) have been reported to induce psychotic episodes or ‘seizures’ in humans (Ujike and Sato, 2004; Karlsen et al., 2008). Furthermore, the loss of nigrostriatal dopaminergic neurons observed following repeated METH administration in animals has been associated with the pathogenesis of PD (Sonsalla et al., 1996; Harvey et al., 2000; Granado et al., 2010). These unintended (‘side’) effects should be carefully assessed when considering the long-term effects of amphetamine abuse on mental health and well-being.

Serilium

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2021, 01:52:08 AM »

You're pretty much manic whenever you're on adderall and are happy at everything, so yeah, I presume you would temporarily cure your neurosis because you have dopamine to do anything and find pleasure no matter what. Ampethamines do more harm than good in the long term in the majority of people anyways, it'll feel good when you start but eventually you'll regret being dependent on a stim to function normally and you'll eventually go to below your baseline when you come down on it.

PerfectBody

• From 171cm, to >176cm
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 11:24:23 PM »

Yep, it will sure do that. However with time you’ll need more and more. Please be careful, it can quickly become a dangerous addiction.

However I’m happy you’ve found a reprieve. Be strong
LON Femur with Dr Buldu
5cm safely gained; thinking of doing another 5cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66540.0

RealLostSoul

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2021, 12:24:42 AM »

I know quite a few people that went into drug life because vast varieties of life problems they were facing. End result was always very, very, very terrible. IMO it's a big and toxic cope and more destructive than LL ever can and will be, if continued on for years. once you view it as the savior you are already doomed for an addiction tbh. the people I knew lost a lot, not only their health but families, jobs, everything. Yea some do amazing recoveries like a cousin of mine but you will for ever be able to see he did hard drugs for a long period in his young adulthood.

So in my opinion drug abuse to cope with permanent mental struggles like this = very bad. the thing is, it is never ever a solution to the problem (doesn't address the root of the problem at all), just a distraction at best. A real solution for the problem is LL.. that's why it is such a good thing for "lost souls" like us (ha guess were my fking name came from lol)

I know the way of LL is hard, dangerous, expensive but if you are a fighter financially, mentally and physically you can do it. The pain and discomfort will be temporary but the mental relief permanent. You will be free.
At least that's my attitude I try to keep up as I am nearing my time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up