Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Paley vs Dr Guichet  (Read 8758 times)

yyes

Dr Paley vs Dr Guichet
« on: November 03, 2016, 06:32:32 PM »

Hi guys, I am 27 years of age and I am looking to increase my height in the next 2 or 3 years.

I am trying to decide on Dr Paley or Dr Guichet. My biggest concern is that I want a positive outcome and obviously if money is cheaper with one  over the other then that would help out as well. I am currently 5'8 or 5'9 in the morning and wear lifts which bring me up to the 5'9 -5'10 range.

I play sports on the regular and I am wondering what the long term complications are if I were to have this procedure. Will i be in pain for the rest of my life assuming that everything turns out 'well'? I make roughly 60k a year and to me Id rather spend money on this than on a new car or a big house etc.

So im basically trying to go from 5'8 to 5'10.

Assuming I go through with this do you guys expect my life to be significantly improved? Others that have gone through this, did your dating life improve, etc?

BiggestProblem

Re: Dr Paley vs Dr Guichet
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 07:04:53 PM »

I suggest reading diaries to see how people perform after the surgery and after recovery.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

onemorefoot

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 07:49:15 PM »

If you can afford Paley go, Guitchet is an excellent doctor, but for me Paley is the best right now in terms of ability for this surgery.
Budget will determine my future.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 08:29:27 PM »

I think Birkholtz is a great choice.

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

Bander72

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 08:59:05 PM »

Amount you lengthen will affect recovery. If you do 5 cm with paley you will probably have 90% of former abilities back 1.5 years. There  is always the possibility that your never 100% but you should regain most functioning back especially with internal you will have a faster recovery.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

yyes

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 11:07:08 PM »

I am thinking maybe two inches to grow. However, I have another question. If I go with Paley I can prob have ability in 1.5 years.

What if I went to Guitchet? He is 50k cheaper isnt he? I thought I saw he charged 50k for surgery on both legs.

Bander72

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 11:09:22 PM »

Dr Paley is considered by most as the best in the world. Dr Guichet is a good doctor as well.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2016, 12:27:00 AM »

I am thinking maybe two inches to grow. However, I have another question. If I go with Paley I can prob have ability in 1.5 years.

What if I went to Guitchet? He is 50k cheaper isnt he? I thought I saw he charged 50k for surgery on both legs.

Well Birkholtz or Parihar are using the same nail as Paley and are waaay cheaper than him and Guichet. Also you need to decide if you want to use Clicking nail or Precise(which is a bit more comfortable).

Two inches is pretty reasonable but you need to keep it in mind that not only part of your athletic abilities will drop but recovery takes time too.

And no, Limb Lengthening won't solve your life problems. If you can't score at 5'8 you probably won't score with that 2 additional inches. This surgery only makes you taller.

blahblah

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2016, 02:39:38 AM »

And no, Limb Lengthening won't solve your life problems. If you can't score at 5'8 you probably won't score with that 2 additional inches. This surgery only makes you taller.

^ This!

Zaney

• Short & Devastatingly Handsome
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2016, 02:57:26 AM »

Also you need to decide if you want to use Clicking nail or Precise(which is a bit more comfortable).

A bit more comfortable. Try more along the lines of the difference between being put on the rack in medieval times or simply holding the equivalent of an xbox controller on your legs for a couple minutes a day. There's a reason the Guichet nail is called the "twist & shout method"

So is the Betz nail but only a dumbass would go to that guy or use his piece of sh*t nail....

EliminateError

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »

I am in exactly the same situation as you. I am 27 and my height is between 5.8 and 5.9. and all I want is 5.10 that's it nothing more. I think both guitchet and paley are very competent doctors and it shouldnt be a problem going to either of them from what I've gathered after reading a few diaries especially Yellowspike, Programmedude, dreamcatcher and unicorn.

I would personally prefer guitchet given that I am based in Europe already and can save up quite a lot.

Also, I haven't come across any case where someone has only done 2 inches max internal femurs to get an idea about their recovery and athletic abilities. I feel that a recovery would be a lot faster with lesser likelihood of complications for 2 inches (no more) with either of these doctors

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2016, 01:04:16 PM »

Also, I haven't come across any case where someone has only done 2 inches max internal femurs to get an idea about their recovery and athletic abilities. I feel that a recovery would be a lot faster with lesser likelihood of complications for 2 inches (no more) with either of these doctors

Oldiebutgoldie did 6cm with Betz.

yyes

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2016, 03:36:22 PM »

I am in exactly the same situation as you. I am 27 and my height is between 5.8 and 5.9. and all I want is 5.10 that's it nothing more. I think both guitchet and paley are very competent doctors and it shouldnt be a problem going to either of them from what I've gathered after reading a few diaries especially Yellowspike, Programmedude, dreamcatcher and unicorn.

I would personally prefer guitchet given that I am based in Europe already and can save up quite a lot.

Nice. I plan on not telling anyone and just dissapearing for a year. How long will I be out for ? If I go with Paley, how long before I can walk normally?

If i go to Guitchet, will it be longer because he uses different tech?

EliminateError

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2016, 03:46:25 PM »

Nice. I plan on not telling anyone and just dissapearing for a year. How long will I be out for ? If I go with Paley, how long before I can walk normally?

If i go to Guitchet, will it be longer because he uses different tech?

I think a year is a realistic plan if you stick to 2 inches and not even a mm more, I plan on doing the same. IMO, both guitchet and paley are more or less the same recovery time. I am not too sure how long before you start walking but I'll say give yourself 3.5 months.

Alu

« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2016, 03:54:07 PM »

You're the guy who posted a while back the exact same thread wondering if it would make a difference...

At the very least I'm surprised you're still here, but I'm more surprised you're still asking these questions you should already know the answer too. Shows your in part not ready for LL...

yyes

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 04:27:45 PM »

I think a year is a realistic plan if you stick to 2 inches and not even a mm more, I plan on doing the same. IMO, both guitchet and paley are more or less the same recovery time. I am not too sure how long before you start walking but I'll say give yourself 3.5 months.

So regardless of what doctor I use, the recovery time will be the same?

I guess I dont understand why I wouldnt just save myself 50k and go to Guichet. Hes 1/2 the price.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 04:36:12 PM »

Isn't it 65k euro vs 85-100k dollars?

EliminateError

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2016, 05:58:18 PM »

You're the guy who posted a while back the exact same thread wondering if it would make a difference...

At the very least I'm surprised you're still here, but I'm more surprised you're still asking these questions you should already know the answer too. Shows your in part not ready for LL...

Can you reference a case who has only lengthened 2 inches max internal femurs? I guess no as you would have answered it in that thread so it's still an unanswered "question". I am not talking about any guesstimates like grow a certain length at a certain rate etc but will be more convinced after seeing someone who has lengthened 2 inches max so I am hoping that I might see a diary like that.

As for me still being here I am not looking to do this any sooner than another year so why wouldn't I still explore more about this topic and enhance my understanding?

Besides I am in a very similar situation as "YYES" with same height, age, goals etc.

By the way, I wasn't the one who started the thread it was "drvbmc". But you are right, I am not completely ready yet as I am not fully equipped with the information I am after.

EliminateError

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2016, 06:02:19 PM »

I guess I dont understand why I wouldnt just save myself 50k and go to Guichet. Hes 1/2 the price.

I read £50K in someone's diary which was in year 2014 I think. Around that time the GBP was strong against US dollar and Euro. But it has depreciated a lot since brexit so the difference between guitchet and paley will be more prominent if guitchet quotes his rates in GBP.

yyes

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2016, 06:24:52 PM »

Can you reference a case who has only lengthened 2 inches max internal femurs? I guess no as you would have answered it in that thread so it's still an unanswered "question". I am not talking about any guesstimates like grow a certain length at a certain rate etc but will be more convinced after seeing someone who has lengthened 2 inches max so I am hoping that I might see a diary like that.

As for me still being here I am not looking to do this any sooner than another year so why wouldn't I still explore more about this topic and enhance my understanding?

Besides I am in a very similar situation as "YYES" with same height, age, goals etc.

By the way, I wasn't the one who started the thread it was "drvbmc". But you are right, I am not completely ready yet as I am not fully equipped with the information I am after.

I think he was referring to me. lol.

Auron

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2016, 07:00:56 PM »

Can you reference a case who has only lengthened 2 inches max internal femurs? I guess no as you would have answered it in that thread so it's still an unanswered "question".

Dream_catcher lengthened 2 inches with Dr. guichet this summer.

The Kaiser

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2016, 08:35:22 PM »

i belive Guichet has a faster recovery, but Paley has faster better action when some complication occurred

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2016, 08:54:39 PM »

i belive Guichet has a faster recovery, but Paley has faster better action when some complication occurred

Because why? Are you going to finally answer why guichet can make your recovery faster than any other nail or you will still pull out that "facts" from your arse?

The Kaiser

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2016, 08:58:00 PM »

Because why? Are you going to finally answer why guichet can make your recovery faster than any other nail or you will still pull out that "facts" from your arse?

maybe you see from your arse, i said i "believe" its not a fact, and the best recovery patients did LL with Guichet and jut run post 6 months, most of them back to normal walking post 5-6 months. just read his diary before bringing your nonsense  

Zaney

• Short & Devastatingly Handsome
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2016, 09:06:17 PM »

the best recovery patients did LL with Guichet

That statement is flat out bullish*t! Most of the time you have absolutely no clue what the fu*k you are talking about...

There are a lot of patients of Dr. Guichet that took his bad advice and lengthened 10cm just on their femurs. You don't hear much about them on this forum, but they are out there in quite large numbers, and are not doing well at all!

Annalisa

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2017, 03:57:46 PM »

How do you know about these people lengthening 10 cm and who now are not fine, if they are not here telling their stories? I'm asking because I pretty much think Guichet is the best doctor out there when it comes to lengthening and his method is the faster and safer one, comparing to external methods. I'm 1.50 cm, and the increase of about 10 cm is the minimum to me. I don't want to do tibias, cause they take much longer to recover and can give more complications. So, if you really know about case which didn't go well and aren't just trolling, I would apprecciate if you could be more specific about it. The purpose of forum like this is to help people into lengthening to clarify their mind and avoid mistakes which could ruin their life forever.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2017, 05:53:52 PM »

How do you know about these people lengthening 10 cm and who now are not fine, if they are not here telling their stories? I'm asking because I pretty much think Guichet is the best doctor out there when it comes to lengthening and his method is the faster and safer one, comparing to external methods. I'm 1.50 cm, and the increase of about 10 cm is the minimum to me. I don't want to do tibias, cause they take much longer to recover and can give more complications. So, if you really know about case which didn't go well and aren't just trolling, I would apprecciate if you could be more specific about it. The purpose of forum like this is to help people into lengthening to clarify their mind and avoid mistakes which could ruin their life forever.

Please don't do 10cm in one segment. I used to be like "Yeah I'm doing 8-9 cm on my tibias" until I dug deep in to some diaries and spent hours reading and seeing the disasters that came with some people going beyond 6cm.
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Annalisa

« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2017, 07:24:56 PM »

Doing 10 cm on tibias is just very risky. But doing it on femurs, it's a whole different thing. Femurs take much less to recover, so lengthening 10 cm doesn't seem so exaggerated. Plus, Guichet is the only doctor known for requiring pre-op training till you don't gain a specific amount of muscular mass,  which decreases risks by a lot. Do you know some diary from a Guichet patient who has lengthened 10 cm on femurs and has had permanant complications? This guy above always says to know many patients  who had bad experiences with X doctor, but it doesn't seem very believable. There must to be some testimonials/diary on this topic, from people who have personally had this kind of experience.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2017, 08:11:20 PM »

Doing 10 cm on tibias is just very risky. But doing it on femurs, it's a whole different thing. Femurs take much less to recover, so lengthening 10 cm doesn't seem so exaggerated. Plus, Guichet is the only doctor known for requiring pre-op training till you don't gain a specific amount of muscular mass,  which decreases risks by a lot. Do you know some diary from a Guichet patient who has lengthened 10 cm on femurs and has had permanant complications? This guy above always says to know many patients  who had bad experiences with X doctor, but it doesn't seem very believable. There must to be some testimonials/diary on this topic, from people who have personally had this kind of experience.

10cm on femurs is still high risk. Just ask around.
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

Annalisa

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2017, 08:20:10 PM »

I think that the more you lengthen, the more risks you will face. That's logical. But doing it on femurs is still way  safer than lengthening 10 cm on tibias and the Guichet preparation should minimize risks as much as it humanly possible. When you start from a very low height like me, everything is harder. The people here who only need 5 cm to be fine with themselves don't even know how luckly they are. I have not such luxury and I have chosen the best doctor and the safer operation, cause I need to lengthen significantly more than average. Is there not personal testimonials on this matter? You know, asking around to people who have not experience, it is no as reliable as having advices from people who have done the same thing I plan to do.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2017, 08:39:04 PM »

But doing it on femurs is still way  safer than lengthening 10 cm on tibias and the Guichet preparation should minimize risks as much as it humanly possible.

No, femurs are not safer. They do however(assumed internal method) provide more comfort, faster consolidation, and less scarring (which I imagine is the biggest selling point for women).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up