Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb lengthening with Fitbone  (Read 106835 times)

helloworld

Re: Limb lengthening with Fitbone
« Reply #434 on: November 01, 2017, 01:44:59 PM »

Congrats helloworld!

Does that mean you no longer have any “foreign” objects in your legs? As in no nail, rods, screws and bolts are in your body anymore?

If that is the case, it would be very interesting to see if your running feels better the next couple of months.

Our bone is made of material that is somewhat elastic, but the metal nail and rods/screws are not, and thus I have a suspicioun that difficulty in running after fitbone may be partially due to the bone not being able to be elastic (on a very small anatomic scale) and reduce stress on your legs.
You are so right! It will be very interesting to see how the running goes now.
I wont be able to run for another 2-3 weeks just to be make sure that nothing breaks,
But then, 12 month after surgery, I will really be able to see if my running has improved or is maybe 100% back to normal.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #435 on: November 03, 2017, 09:45:26 AM »

newest x-rays after rod removal:
https://imgur.com/a/8UPyV
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #436 on: November 04, 2017, 10:24:01 AM »

Wrapping plastic around my femurs to protect wounds against water:

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

yagen

« Reply #437 on: November 06, 2017, 11:44:35 AM »

Great illustrative videos.

Have a good recovery.

helloworld

« Reply #438 on: November 17, 2017, 11:26:01 AM »

It has been one year since I started.
2,5 weeks since I got the implants out.
My legs are still a bit swollen from the last surgery and thus I still have not recovered the full flexibility that I had before taking out the implants, and am still not running.
However, I bike everyday. For the last few days I have been working outside at the place you see in the video, where I am right now, because I can place my laptop on some concrete which is 145 high and work standing.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #439 on: December 01, 2017, 05:24:46 PM »

Just got a video taken by inferioritycomplex.
One month after the implant removal my knees are still swollen and have not regained the flexibility I had prior to removal.
So the running is still not 100% but I think it is getting a bit closer, as my wounds heal 100%.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

TIBIKE200

« Reply #440 on: December 01, 2017, 05:30:15 PM »

Just got a video taken by inferioritycomplex.
One month after the implant removal my knees are still swollen and have not regained the flexibility I had prior to removal.
So the running is still not 100% but I think it is getting a bit closer, as my wounds heal 100%.

Looks much more natural
I learned some stuff during this time

U only live once

« Reply #441 on: December 04, 2017, 01:45:54 PM »

It looks like you are running with some heavy stuff on your shoulders. I'm sure once inflammation goes away your normal speed and agility will come back.

Keep it up man!
Aim high

Antonio

« Reply #442 on: December 16, 2017, 01:43:06 PM »

Hi Helloworld! I was never much of a runner (more swimmer, only uni never national level), but I could get back to my 5k 30 min time after 17 months stopping lengthening. Everything felt different at first, joints, muscles, gait, but the body just needs to relearn how to run again. I quite sure you will get back to 100% of your pre 'LL level.

InferiorityComplex

« Reply #443 on: December 16, 2017, 03:26:52 PM »

Cool to know Antonio, did you remove your rods? You are welcome to join us here in Barcelona, good place :)

FDR101

« Reply #444 on: December 16, 2017, 05:03:28 PM »

Hey helloworld, good progress you are doing great.

Is there any chance that you could do and film a cooper test at some point?

It is where you run on a track for 12 minutes and is from my knowledge a widespread way of testing the running endurance of a person.

If you could reach 2000-2500 meters in 12 minutes it would put you in the normal category afaik.

If you were able to film it doing so it would prove once and for all that it is possible to reach a normal level of running after lengthening.

Good luck with your further recovery.

backrandom

« Reply #445 on: December 16, 2017, 05:26:08 PM »

Why do so many of you feel this need of showing off about pre LL athletic abilities? Helloworld posting his video is OK, but Inferioritycomplex and other people boasting about their physical abilities is boring. It also leads sensible users to question their mental equilibrium. Only a loser would use this forum to show off.

Antonio

« Reply #446 on: December 16, 2017, 05:47:28 PM »

Why do so many of you feel this need of showing off about pre LL athletic abilities? Helloworld posting his video is OK, but Inferioritycomplex and other people boasting about their physical abilities is boring. It also leads sensible users to question their mental equilibrium. Only a loser would use this forum to show off.

Who is showing off? The mention of pre-LL athletic abilities is so that a proper comparison  can be made between pre and post 'LL states without subjective opinions. Running at x speed pre 'LL and 90%x post 'LL means that the loss can be quantified and so the risk rewards can be better evaluated. Instead of talking ck you should be thanking us

backrandom

« Reply #447 on: December 16, 2017, 07:09:36 PM »

Who is showing off? The mention of pre-LL athletic abilities is so that a proper comparison  can be made between pre and post 'LL states without subjective opinions. Running at x speed pre 'LL and 90%x post 'LL means that the loss can be quantified and so the risk rewards can be better evaluated. Instead of talking ck you should be thanking us

Not you. You said uni level, but Inferioritycomplex is showing off too much, as well as other users. I'm not thanking you because I have my own LL Friends, and their accounts are more accurate than all the propaganda posted in this forum. I just felt the need to tell users not to consider Helloworld as an example, because there are both worse and better cases. Don't generalize please.

helloworld

« Reply #448 on: December 17, 2017, 09:39:38 PM »

Running became a bit more normal.
Only thing that is bothering me is that my left knee is still a bit swolen after the rod removal surgery.

@FDR: I am always on the lookout for a track where I could measure my running. As soon as I find I will do it.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Antonio

« Reply #449 on: December 19, 2017, 12:25:18 AM »

Running became a bit more normal.
Only thing that is bothering me is that my left knee is still a bit swolen after the rod removal surgery.

@FDR: I am always on the lookout for a track where I could measure my running. As soon as I find I will do it.

Looking very good hello world!  Are you now based here permanently?

helloworld

« Reply #450 on: December 20, 2017, 04:41:29 PM »

I live right next to the tower you see in the video.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #451 on: December 27, 2017, 03:42:59 PM »

Hey helloworld, good progress you are doing great.

Is there any chance that you could do and film a cooper test at some point?

It is where you run on a track for 12 minutes and is from my knowledge a widespread way of testing the running endurance of a person.

If you could reach 2000-2500 meters in 12 minutes it would put you in the normal category afaik.

If you were able to film it doing so it would prove once and for all that it is possible to reach a normal level of running after lengthening.

Good luck with your further recovery.
Hello FDR,
Today I did try out your suggestion and ran 12 minutes.
I was able to run 2700 meters, which is just as much as I expected.

Before I was able to run 4000 in 15 minutes and 1000 in 3 minutes, so I am expecting I would have been able to do around 3200 before. But those times were my personal records and achieved after trying, while now I have not run 1 km or more in over a year.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #452 on: December 27, 2017, 03:44:32 PM »

the track is 400 m per lab, I did 6.7 rounds in 12 minutes, equalling 2700 m.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #453 on: December 28, 2017, 04:18:56 PM »

2km in 8:44 min
before operation I think I would have been able to do this in close to  minutes, but of course I did not run for very long time.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2018, 09:34:07 PM »

2 more videos of running at the beach in Barcelona.
Running feels quite normal now.
I am pretty sure I am not far off my maximum speed prior to surgery.

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

helloworld

« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2018, 09:34:26 PM »

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

Android

« Reply #456 on: January 21, 2018, 10:33:43 PM »

Looking good! Thanks for sharing these videos.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

happytofita

• Visitor
« Reply #457 on: January 22, 2018, 12:51:48 AM »

Helloworld im very happy that you are close to your original running speed that a great thing thank you for all your effort you will Help many people by making videos about running you made me optimistic beceause im very worried about losing my running abilty if i decided to do LL in the future
Im 177 cm tall wingspan 192 cm yeah I have wide frame compared to my height
Can i ask you a question why you have done LL because you are Farley tall 180,5 is good height in Brazil compared to average Brazilian male height
Sorry my English is poor and i hope the Best for you
I hope you recover very well peace

helloworld

« Reply #458 on: January 22, 2018, 07:31:41 AM »

My family is very tall and when I went to the doctor when I was 12 he analyzsed my bones and ssid I would be 1,85 which was very disappointing. But the real disappointment came when I was 15 nad 1,79 expecting to grow another 10 cm and the same doctor said I had pretty much finished growing.
But you are right, my feeling of height depends on the country I live in. If I am in northern Europe it is worse than in sourthern Europe or Latin America.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

happytofita

• Visitor
« Reply #459 on: January 23, 2018, 06:44:25 AM »

Helloworld lol i know now why you did LL because i spent a lot of my time reading each post you have written
I have to a conclusion from my short journey here in this forum , that most people suffered complication
Did more than 5 cm  like unicorn and Sweden for example  I'm 177  cm  but i will try to improve my back posture and my head posture if i can squeeze a  1 cm or 2 cm , i think i have posture but not very bad  just a bit than normal
Im following your dairy and  i will check your progress  that going to motivate me more
If i got the resources and time and the willing i will do LL 
My goal is to gain  4.cm no more
I will be 181 cm and if i managed to squeeze 1cm from my posture that will be good  181 cm to 182 cm is very good heigh for my , I'm not doing LL for girls  absolutely no . from my experience i dated tall girls 180 cm, short girls, fat woman all type's the important aspect they really like is if you are good looking men , and i think im a good looking handsome olive skin  27 years old men  with soft hair wide eyes , i have no problem dating any women
But i the problem is im the shortest men in my family my father is 189 cm my mom is tall 178 cm taller than me my brother 190 the youngest brother 18 is 185 cm tall my only sister is 178 the same height as my mom the same case as you i feel you men why you have gone through this torture
And the reason why i stayed 177 cm since 14 because i become addicted to drugs i fked up in school and life i barely eat i became a zombie
And i fought all this and quite all this since 2011 i never smoked drugs nor a cigarette nor even a beer
And the guilt is killing me because i fked up my height and my body , i can't  leave with this guilt anymore that why im considering LL
Sorry if said some  offensive inappropriate words
And forgive my poor English i started learning it mars 2017

helloworld

« Reply #460 on: January 23, 2018, 08:47:44 AM »

Your starting situation is similar to mine.
I think in your case LL is the right decision.
Althought I only gain 5 cm, I would do it all over again.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

happytofita

• Visitor
« Reply #461 on: January 23, 2018, 09:01:00 PM »

I think you made a perfect decision for not going beyond the 5 cm mark because i doubt you will get a wonderful recovery like you got now
And i think you look perfect and proportions look good for me 185.5 cm is Cristiano CRonnie7 height lol
I'm big football fan  5 cm is huge jump from 180 cm
Just Google Cristiano CRonnie7 and James Rodriguez standing together And you will see the huge difference between 180 James and 185 CRonnie7 , i will never ever go beyond 5 cm actually 4 cm is my goal to get a good recovery and enjoy my life
I hope you will improve more because your dairy is impressive and please don't stop uploading good stuff here . peace

zantac20

« Reply #462 on: January 25, 2018, 12:26:03 PM »

Helloworld lol i know now why you did LL because i spent a lot of my time reading each post you have written
I have to a conclusion from my short journey here in this forum , that most people suffered complication
Did more than 5 cm  like unicorn and Sweden for example  I'm 177  cm  but i will try to improve my back posture and my head posture if i can squeeze a  1 cm or 2 cm , i think i have posture but not very bad  just a bit than normal
Im following your dairy and  i will check your progress  that going to motivate me more
If i got the resources and time and the willing i will do LL 
My goal is to gain  4.cm no more
I will be 181 cm and if i managed to squeeze 1cm from my posture that will be good  181 cm to 182 cm is very good heigh for my , I'm not doing LL for girls  absolutely no . from my experience i dated tall girls 180 cm, short girls, fat woman all type's the important aspect they really like is if you are good looking men , and i think im a good looking handsome olive skin  27 years old men  with soft hair wide eyes , i have no problem dating any women
But i the problem is im the shortest men in my family my father is 189 cm my mom is tall 178 cm taller than me my brother 190 the youngest brother 18 is 185 cm tall my only sister is 178 the same height as my mom the same case as you i feel you men why you have gone through this torture
And the reason why i stayed 177 cm since 14 because i become addicted to drugs i fked up in school and life i barely eat i became a zombie
And i fought all this and quite all this since 2011 i never smoked drugs nor a cigarette nor even a beer
And the guilt is killing me because i fked up my height and my body , i can't  leave with this guilt anymore that why im considering LL
Sorry if said some  offensive inappropriate words
And forgive my poor English i started learning it mars 2017

I know how you feel bro... In my case I took accutane when I was 14-15 because of severe acne. My younger brother who also had severe acne decided not to take it. Well I stopped growing at 15 or 16 but he kept growing till 19 or so. I'm 175cm while he is 191-192cm. We are really alike in many genetical and phenotypical terms so Im pretty sure this drug stunt my growth. The saddest part is that my brother doesn't have worse skin than me, he recovered well from his teenager acne. I think nobody should treat their acne with drugs if he is a teen, its just a normal phase of your life. Doctors are ruining lifes prescribing this  .

I feel angry, everyday of my life, towards the doctor who decided to give me this drug even if I was concerned about growth stunt and he denied it, and towards my father who is also a doctor and couldn't care   about knowing what accutane is.

At least my father is willing to afford the price of LL with Monegal but... the only thing that restrains me from doing it is that I have a really big number of friends and it would be really weird... some of them would even be angry at me since they are also 170-175 and wouldn't understand why I need this. Just because they don't have a giant brother and a tall mother like me and an obvious reason for my final height...

What did you tell to your social circle, @helloworld ?

happytofita

• Visitor
« Reply #463 on: January 25, 2018, 11:55:51 PM »

We have the same problem but with different circumstances , you blamed the doctor and i blame myself every day
If you can afford to do LL don't care about people what they may think about you , the most important thing is breaking your legs and going through the horrible torture of lenghtning and loosing your athletic ability and complications you may get from LL
I think helloworld didn't tell his family about the surgery
Please think carfuly even the best doctors can make you suffer

backrandom

« Reply #464 on: January 26, 2018, 12:09:36 AM »

Guys you really have a problem that LL isn't going to fix. CLL is contraindicated in people suffering from BDD as you obviously are when you wish LL at 175 or above.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up