Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do people say that LL is the only way?  (Read 4246 times)

jenjen

• Visitor
Why do people say that LL is the only way?
« on: November 21, 2016, 07:50:37 AM »

Every person is different and things like going to PT, taking glucosamine , fixing your posture such as APT,  stretches, taking other types of surgery is proven to give your height to its max. whether it be 1 cm to 2 inches, it is permanent

Penguinn

Re: Why do people say that LL is the only way?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 08:08:04 AM »

What stretches give you 2 inches of height? People that tried them here said they gained 0.5cms - 1cm and it was temporary. Most people that want to grow taller want far more than that.

jenjen

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 08:14:17 AM »

People who have bad posture can easily regain height . People who have knock knees can gain an inch with surgery, and people with disc degeneration can gain 2 inches with surgery. I myself have regained permanent height (1 cm and a half) due to bad posture since I was 9. I also have mild apt and fixing apt always gives you gains so I expect to have regained 2 or more by the end of the year. So yes, it is different for every

The Kaiser

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 10:07:13 AM »

Every person is different and things like going to PT, taking glucosamine , fixing your posture such as APT,  stretches, taking other types of surgery is proven to give your height to its max. whether it be 1 cm to 2 inches, it is permanent

stop lying to yourself, there is no way you will gain 2 inches by fixing your posture. At best you will gain 0.5 inch if your posture is really bad. if you want 2-3 inches your only way to achieve this is LL and its risky at some point, just face the reality and ask yourself do i need this surgery. Good luck

Iamready

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 03:34:55 PM »

Limb lengthening was not a first resort for me. I tried everything under the sun before accepting reality.

Bander72

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 05:55:36 PM »

The sad reality is that LL is the only option. You wont gain past 2 cm improving posture doing inversion, and most people want at least 2 inches.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

jenjen

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 07:55:14 PM »

Like I said, EVERYONE is different. Some people have a different issue than others. People who have downers hump/curved spine or anterior tilt who can gain height by fixing their issues with exercises and therapy. People who have knock knees or bow legs can gain height by surgery . people who have spine issues such as disc degeneration can easily gain an inche or more by surgery.  etc etc I can go on

Thats the reality. Maybe youre not a candidate but there are people who might have these issues and would do anything for an extra cm or so

goldenegg

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 08:33:55 PM »

unfortunately, the only way to gain meaningful height after your growth plates haved fused is LL. all those options you listed won't get you that much height and even then half your examples already involve surgery. If you're going to fix your bowlegs/knock knees solely to get taller you might as well do LL at the same time since your legs will already be broken. doing back surgery just to get taller? no thanks (maybe in the future though if they invent a safe way). once you really think through all these options you'll eventually come to the same conclusion others are saying.

onemorefoot

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 10:07:11 PM »

Stretches cant give you even .5 inch permanently, that is a measurement error, is not possible, even with a bad posture and a sedentary life. Check naturalheightgrowth.com, the guy there started a stretches program plus glucosamine, he gained at best 3 mm and  only was in morning height. Although I dont understand why he says that everybody have hidden height, that is not true. The guys that claim have gained permanent height are measuring them wrong, only with a inversion table you will gain height but damage your spine, LL is the only way.
Budget will determine my future.

jenjen

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 10:44:20 PM »

I was just under 5'8 and a half before correcting my posture at night and  I haven't been shorter than 5'9 at night after correcting. And this was weeks after  I stopped stretching. make sense that people who have scoliosis get taller after surgery due to issues inthe spine . It makes no difference fixing your anterior  pelvic tilt with stretches/excerizes. Some people are skeptical because they don't suffer the same disorders and tried various ways before giving up.

Chris

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 11:05:03 PM »

When I get up in the morning, my spine compresses exactly 2,0cm within less then an hour which is a lot I think and so I once started doing stretching exercises.
I used to daily measure myself at a doorframe and put lines on it to keep track of my changes.
And after some days I really thought I was growing.
It was great until I realized that the floorboard was expanding due to the room heating up which led to a 3mm lift of the threshold between the doorframe I was standing on  :-[ :D

There is only LL to me.
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

onemorefoot

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 01:14:20 AM »

Yes, but scolisosis is a gret deformity, a person with an average health spine wont grow more.
Budget will determine my future.

LLCaptain

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 06:55:44 AM »

Sorry OP, I think you are in denial.

If glucosamine or hanging upside down worked, none of us would be breaking our legs.

jenjen

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 07:26:23 AM »

It worked for me because I had horrible posture since a kid and various disorders (rounded shoulders, apt, curvature). Exercises  and stretches helped me regained permanent  height. Close to an inch. Even if you were in the same situation, you wouldn't be satisfied. not just you, but the majority of the forum. I can call it a day with these gains, but I wouldn't mind an extra inche
Pages: [1]   Go Up