Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wanted to share my thoughts...  (Read 9813 times)

TIBIKE200

Wanted to share my thoughts...
« on: February 29, 2016, 03:06:27 AM »

So today will be my meeting with Catagni. I can't sleep because of excitment.. You will wonder why (since it's only a consultation). For me this meeting will be the first time I will meet LL in the real world, not just theorizing about it in my mind and discussing it on the internet. This is the real "First step" which will decide what I am going to do.

My height neurosis started 2 years ago. While studying for endocrinology exam, one of the major chapter was growth defects. While reading it, I came across alot of writings about how it is of utmost importance to make sure that your kid (especially male kid) won't be short. Than I saw this huge picture of the W.H.O height diagram. For the first time, my height became a number that was put into a category and was statistically organized.. I became aware that I was shorter than 80-75% of other males on this planets... It struck me like a knife in the stomach.

From that moment of "realization" my height neurosis began... It started with the awful and annoying CONSTANT comparing while walking in the streets my height to others... It is a burden which I carried for two years now... This constant comparing, analizing, starring at other males and if they are taller than me or not. Walking in the streets became a psicological nightmare which I have no control over (I am not staying indoors because of it or something).

Afterwards, the simple mention of "Yeah he is tall, ohhh he is tall, I like tall guys, he is too short etc..." started to hurt my feelings (and before it didn't... I perfectly remember one of my girl buddies saying she doesnt like short guys and it didn't hurt me). It started to hurt me because I was now aware that this kind of compliement or whatever you wanna call it will never be adressed towards me.

Than came all the retrospective thoughts about how my life would have been if I have just been taller. These are the worst because we can't go back in time and there is no way to change the past or know "what would have been".

Today I am just in a situation where I can't stand it any longer. Yes. The main reason for me of doing this is to be more appealing to the other sex (Even though I did great till now)... I have had it with the "A few more cms wouldnt hurt you. Even though you are a little bit short you are still hot, once I got to know you, I didnt care anymore about your height, WOW! We are the same height!, I thought you were taller, you are lucky to be so good looking because you are not tall" and believe me that the list goes on and on and on and on...
   I am happy (phyzically speaking) about every aspect of me (looks, muscles, shoudler width and what not) besides my height... Yeah, it's great that people and especially women are attracted to me because of my personality... But I want to feel wanted also because of my looks (Because I didn't f*king choose them). I want to be a guy that won't be put down just because he is not attractive enough.. It sucks to feel unattractive... It really is....
   I remember this one incident where I was sitting with this super-model beautiful like girl. Everything was going great until we stood up. I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO LIVE THROUGH THAT EVER AGAIN (And it started after my height neurosis began).

All those feelings and thoughts are flowing through me because of the meeting today...
Sorry for the long post.
I learned some stuff during this time

ouroboros

Re: Wanted to share my thoughts...
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 03:30:15 AM »

You have to take a deep breath bro, it's just a consultation....

The most impressive thing will be if/when he introduces you to real patients and you realize that you are no longer dreaming (you're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy!)..... so buckle your seatbelt and enjoy the ride.....

TIBIKE200

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 03:33:04 AM »

You have to take a deep breath bro, it's just a consultation....

The most impressive thing will be if/when he introduces you to real patients and you realize that you are no longer dreaming (you're not in Kansas anymore Dorothy!)..... so buckle your seatbelt and enjoy the ride.....

He is my only option for doing this procedure (And It's not because of budget). If after the meeting with him I will not do LL than I will not do LL. I hope all will go well.

hyong

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 03:45:52 AM »

Somehow i felt,
if one is not tall, we gonna start with a base of negative points
-10, -20, -30 who knows, but from this position we have to work even harder by looking good, gym, humor, etc just to achieve the same outcome.I despise this feeling.Maybe it's just me.

But all the best for ur consultation!! , now a days i surf the forum at night sometimes till 2/3am. Often times the thought of being able to be taller gives me butterflies in mine stomach, the same kind that seeing a hot girl gives. :P lol.

Alu

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 03:59:19 AM »

He's going to say what you want to hear so really there's nothing "to worry about."

Eitherway, besides the sort of obvious mental problems you (and all of us have) that you don't really want to try to address that doesn't involve breaking yourself, good luck. Also you're not that short compared to the world; the male world average is around 5'7-5'8. Sure we live in western countries but still, I find it funny that you obviously made this assumption.

But all the best for ur consultation!! , now a days i surf the forum at night sometimes till 2/3am. Often times the thought of being able to be taller gives me butterflies in mine stomach, the same kind that seeing a hot girl gives. :P lol.

That's unhealthy. My best advice is stay away from the forum...I'm so much more happy away from all this BS. You're only feeding into your own madness. Life isn't best if one is taller, so many other factors to life mate.

In my own personal perspective, considering I can only ever possibly reach 5'8, I'd come to accept that you can't have it all and that is fine. Life's full of people of all shapes and sizes that go throughout their lives contempt with what they have. I have plenty of friends in the 5'7-5'8 that I've talked about their height and they seemed oblivious to feeling "short," because they really don't care. That pretty much goes to show you the power of perspective on the human mind.

hyong

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 04:02:09 AM »

He's going to say what you want to hear so really there's nothing "to worry about."

Eitherway, besides the sort of obvious mental problems you (and all of us have) that you don't really want to try to address that doesn't involve breaking yourself, good luck. Also you're not that short compared to the world; the male world average is around 5'7-5'8. Sure we live in western countries but still, I find it funny that you obviously made this assumption.

That's unhealthy. My best advice is stay away from the forum...I'm so much more happy away from all this BS. You're only feeding into your own madness. Life isn't best if one is taller, so many other factors to life mate.

In my own personal perspective, considering I can only ever possibly reach 5'8, I'd come to accept that you can't have it all and that is fine. Life's full of people of all shapes and sizes that go throughout their lives contempt with what they have. My height doesn't define me as a person

you dun need to reply to a mad man then

TIBIKE200

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 04:04:42 AM »

In my own personal perspective, considering I can only ever possibly reach 5'8, I'd come to accept that you can't have it all and that is fine. Life's full of people of all shapes and sizes that go throughout their lives contempt with what they have. My height doesn't define me as a person

Great for you dude. So what are you doing on this forum again?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 04:05:41 AM »

And no... The male world average is at 177cm. Just check the W.H.O graphs..

Alu

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 04:11:52 AM »

Great for you dude. So what are you doing on this forum again?

Soooo hostile lol. Why is that? I never understood the hostility mate.

In the end I've gotten everything that I need in terms of information about LL. I know my plan, I know it will be years before I do it, and I know what's in store. In truth I'm only here to see the end of certain people's LL journeys; they are good people and I want to give them as much support as I can. Once they are done, I don't think I'll return to this forum again.

And no... The male world average is at 177cm. Just check the W.H.O graphs..

Post the link then. Also considering more non-developed countries I highly doubt it's that high, but if I'm wrong welp, good thing I'm more strong willed that I don't care lol.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 04:19:19 AM »

ouroboros

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 04:24:25 AM »

talk about sour grapes  :o

Alu

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 04:33:50 AM »

talk about sour grapes  :o

I know right? I really can't understand it lol.

Anyways, considering that I've seen that exact same graph here in the U.S used by both my dad and other medical doctors I doubt that's accurate for world usage. Just consider the height of China for instances. It's below U.S height average, and considering they are 20% of the world population, then factor in other less developed nations (like India who also has a monstrous population numbers) and I highly doubt that the entire human population males average around 177 cms. For western/developed countries sure, not disputing that.

But again, that's perspective, I'm fine only ending up shorter then U.S average, if you can't though, then that's fine, that's you lol. Good luck

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2016, 04:42:06 AM »

Anyways, considering that I've seen that exact same graph here in the U.S used by both my dad and other medical doctors I doubt that's accurate for world usage. Just consider the height of China for instances. It's below U.S height average, and considering they are 20% of the world population, then factor in other less developed nations (like India who also has a monstrous population numbers) and I highly doubt that the entire human population males average around 177 cms. For western/developed countries sure, not disputing that.

But again, that's perspective, I'm fine only ending up shorter then U.S average, if you can't though, then that's fine, that's you lol. Good luck

You are talking to me as if I am planning to do an operation to lengthen 10cm on on each of my segments... I am planning to do 5-6cm (and not a mm more). I will end up at a max of 177 (or at "the worst case" 176) and I will feel alright. I dont want to be tall... Just dont want to be short.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2016, 04:56:48 AM »

And why the hostility? Well because you think that the discontent of one's personal height is a mental disorder.
  No it's not (unless it's part of body dysmophism disorder).
  Does a fat man being sad for being fat is suffering from a mental disorder?
 Does a skinny man being sad for not being muscular is suffering from a mental disorder?
 Does a blad man being sad for losing his hair is suffering from a mental disorder?

I think not.

I was fat until the age of 15. I wasnt happy about it and one day I decided to change it and I lost 20 kgs though diet and exercize (I am still thin)
 I was skinny till the age of 22. I wasnt happy about it and one day I started to hit the gym and today I still go regularly and I am happy.
 I dont lose hair :D
 I always wanted to study medicine so to do it I left my country at the age of 19 to study abroad in a different language living by myself (Am I a nutcase for doing so?)
 If there was any other way to change my height I would have done it. Unfortunatly LL is the only way which I know of today.
  Tons of fat people are doing bariatric surguries.. I dont see anyone calling them crazy by deciding to cut out two third of their stomach (gastroctomy) or taking out all of their stomach and Duodenum (Sleeve gastronomy "en route en Y").
  The only reason you see this procedure as "Mental" is because that is what you were meant to believe by society who keeps pumping you bull  about accepting yourself no matter what. So no my forum comrade... If society truly believed a tenth of the bull  it pumps into you, everyone would have been happy... And I have no will to fight society with it's superficiality (which derives from basic evolutionary instincts) in order to proove to myself that I am right...

There is a saying in Jeudaism: It's better to be smart than to be right.

Alu

« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2016, 05:03:47 AM »

you dun need to reply to a mad man then

I missed this for some reason so sorry. To some degree you're right. I don't have to, and to some aspect I don't want to since it's a reflection of my self that is still somewhat within me... But considering I was in your exact position months back, I know the massive despair that can cause. The pain and torment it can leave you. Which is why I'm saying what I'm saying. My purpose isn't to convince you or anyone to do anything: to do LL or not. I'm simply trying to help out in any shape I can. So cheers.

Also this is my 420 Blaze it, BITCH POST BABY
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 05:26:59 AM by Alu »

ouroboros

« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 06:42:45 PM »

@ Alu,  sorry for not being more specific, but my previous comment was towards what you said earlier.

"sour grapes" =  In an old fable by Aesop, a hungry fox noticed a bunch of juicy grapes hanging from a vine. After several failed attempts to reach the grapes, the fox gave up and insisted that he didn't want them anyway because they were probably sour.

Nowadays when somebody expresses sour grapes, it means that they put down something simply because they can't have it.

We all do this in one way or another..... I'm envious of not being able to mentally deal with my height neurosis the same way you seem to be dealing with yours, but it's not right to put down each others views because they don't apply to our specific situation

Thatdude950

« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 08:09:18 PM »

Your entire reason for doing this surgery was misguided from the beginning. There's no way the average world height is 177cm.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 08:38:35 PM »

Your entire reason for doing this surgery was misguided from the beginning. There's no way the average world height is 177cm.

Tell that to W.H.O... And you know what? let's say that all those people in those poor countries/areas take the world average to 170 or maybe even less... So what? I will never be there nor will I ever meet my soulmate among a lost tribe in central china or amongst the pigmies of africa.. I live in the developped world and so do you... I dont try to find comfort by saying "Hey, atleast I am tall in the Sahara! :D"

Alittletooshort

« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 10:25:52 PM »

The world average is not 177, I don't know where you read that but it's just wrong. No country in asia, south america and perhaps africa has an average of 177 or higher, so how can the world average be so high?
Most western countries have an average of around 178~ so it's impossiblt that the world average is only 1cm below that.

Descreteuser

« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 10:48:36 PM »

to be honest, u shouldnt focus on the average because it includes older people who bring the average down alot.. from my experience, being 185 now i only feel just above average... i honestly think the average is 183 for young males..
starting height 181cm (afternoon height)
final height     185.1cm  (afternoon height)   

wingspan 180

TIBIKE200

« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 10:52:09 PM »

to be honest, u shouldnt focus on the average because it includes older people who bring the average down alot.. from my experience, being 185 now i only feel just above average... i honestly think the average is 183 for young males..

where? Germany? Scandinavia? Good for them... I am neither

In Israel it is 177.2-3 according to the army (which studied males of 18-21 years old)

DoingItForMe

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 02:00:14 AM »

So you're telling me that by being 5 cm taller, you'll be banging super model girls?

Do yourself a favor: Before you do LL, go wear 5 cm shoe lifts. A girl will not be able to tell the difference between 5 cm shoe lifts and 5 cm LL. So go put on those 5 cm shoe lifts, and then go ask out those super model girls you hope to attract. Two outcomes will happen:

1) If you attract them and they want to go out with you, then congrats! But now that the girl is dating you already, why do you need LL? You already got what you wanted to achieve with LL.
2) If you don't attract them, then how will 5 cm of LL help you if 5 cm shoe lifts don't?

I've repeatedly warned people to not do this surgery for girls. You'll regret it. Good luck.
8 cm gained with Dr. Paley using Precice 2.1 internal femurs in Summer 2015.
Starting height: 167 cm (5'6") Currently at: 175 cm (5'9")
Link to my experience

crimsontide

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2016, 04:08:55 AM »

i cant walk properly

my left leg is  no better... theres definite nerve damage

ve decided 100% on lower left leg amputation

i just cant walk anywhere

i walk worse and slower than my grandafther did when he was 90 years old, and that not an exaggeration

this surgery is bad news... im just hoping its only my left leg thats holding me back... my left leg is very weak, and its not due to muscle... its fundamentally different than how my right leg is... the bone itself is weak... I probably have more nerve damage than I intially thought

Peaceout

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2016, 09:06:25 AM »

i cant walk properly

my left leg is  no better... theres definite nerve damage

ve decided 100% on lower left leg amputation

i just cant walk anywhere

i walk worse and slower than my grandafther did when he was 90 years old, and that not an exaggeration

this surgery is bad news... im just hoping its only my left leg thats holding me back... my left leg is very weak, and its not due to muscle... its fundamentally different than how my right leg is... the bone itself is weak... I probably have more nerve damage than I intially thought
Wtf?! Amputation????

Knik

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2016, 10:40:07 AM »

Hi,
183 cm is undoubtedly above average
but i think you suffer an important height neurosis and i understand you
you can admit that guys can be taller than you
or if i'm wrong, 185 cm remains everywhere taller (even in Germany, or Nordic countries)
Looking for Pili
Pages: [1]   Go Up