Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL for 6.000 Pounds?  (Read 525 times)

Iso9

temp banned for posting irrelevant topic in wrong section

Android

Re: LL for 6.000 Pounds?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 05:40:58 AM »

It can be, especially if you're a local in Russia. The price mentioned may only be for the surgery itself, leaving out accommodation, physical therapy, etc. And keep in mind that she probably got this surgery during the Ruble crash.

If you get classic Ilizarov with Dr. Kulesh for instance, it's currently around $6k (372k rubles) for the bare minimum. Adding accommodation, physical therapy, and the rest and it comes out to around $11k.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

lucindaris

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 10:23:06 AM »

Yeap, it was during russian financial crisis especailly early stage which is 2014-2015 and this article is from february 2015

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 02:11:33 PM »

What a horrible article to write. But it's dailymail, so it's about to be expected.

Women generally already have enough insecurities about their own bodies, and oftentimes are comparing themselves against other women. The only fatality we had (that I know of) in a non-dwarf involving CLL was in the case of a female patient. Now I understand where some threads regarding "doing CLL to become a model" came from. Probably from the time period of this article.

EDIT: They also got 5'4 to metric wrong, and called it "just 5'4", when I heard that was about the average for British women. Like one inch below average, at the most.

And also, she did great considering her parent's heights:

'At first my parents were really against it. My mum is only 5.2ft (158cm) and my dad 5.5ft (168cm) so we are a family of shorties.

She's almost her father's height at 165cm (5'5, not 5'4). They were probably undernourished.

And again, the imperial or the metric is wrong here. They meant 5'6 and a bit for her dad (5'6 = 167.74).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 02:42:56 PM by myloginacct »

myloginacct

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 02:27:17 PM »

Not much sympathy, either, for someone who wants to go for 3 operations (is she intending to rebreak her bones later?) to get to 6ft. It's her body and life, so she can choose what to do with it. But it really does seem like she needs help more than surgery. She's still haunted by an event that happened to her as a teenager.

I just hope she really gets peace of mind if she makes it to 6ft.
Pages: [1]   Go Up