Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What about lenghtening the spine?  (Read 2241 times)

clear

• Visitor
What about lenghtening the spine?
« on: February 24, 2017, 11:23:36 AM »

Hey guys, I don't know if it is stupid to ask but I just ask as I am really curious and maybe you have already thought about that too.

So as the only option for height increase right now is lenghtening the legs - and that is a very lenghty process I asked myself the following.

Astronauts grow during their time in space as the intervertebral discs expand. So we know that they can become thinker and it does not harm the human body - even for kind of prolonged time.

We also know that there are procedures for people that suffer loss in liquid in intervertebral discs where this liquid is filled up in an operation.

If one would only fill up 15 discs in the middle of the spine by 2mm each that would mean an increase of 3cm and we know from Astronauts that that is possible without injuries - as they often grow even more in space.

So my question - do you know the reason why this procedure is not offered as it kind of seems thoroughly tested and it is technically possible already.

Im looking forward to your answers =)

PS: Here is a  Link to a method that is used - seems very simple. https://www.joint-surgeon.com/orthopedic-service/spine-surgery/back-pain-therapy/hydrogel-filling-degenerated-spinal-disc-with-chondroid-gel.html
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 12:13:51 PM by clear »

KrP1

Re: What about lenghtening the spine?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 12:16:45 PM »

Incredibly risky. Complicated and dangerous for what you could obtain. 3cm are not going to be noticeable if you end in a wheelchair .

TIBIKE200

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 12:20:14 PM »

Incredibly risky. Complicated and dangerous for what you could obtain. 3cm are not going to be noticeable if you end in a wheelchair .

Actually, 3cm on the spine while being wheelchair bound will be more noticeable than 7cm of LL and ending up wheelchair bound hihi
I learned some stuff during this time

KrP1

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 12:26:09 PM »

Actually, 3cm on the spine while being wheelchair bound will be more noticeable than 7cm of LL and ending up wheelchair bound hihi

Well. Its much less possible to end that way with LL . The spine IS something you Must not Play with.

clear

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2017, 12:26:35 PM »

You think so? Here it seems that there is not a real risk involed in these new techniques.

"The operation carries standard risks, including bleeding  and infection.
There's also a risk that when using a needle you may damage the nerves or cause a leak of cerebrospinal fluid, which cushions the brain, says Amjad Shad, consultant spinal surgeon at University Hospital Coventry and BMI Meriden Hospital in Coventry.
'This isn't necessarily dangerous but can cause headaches,' he says."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2470411/Me-operation-Gel-jabs-spine-treat-chronic-pain.html

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2017, 12:27:16 PM »

The spinal fluid procedure is for people with disc degeneration, I'm not sure if there is a noticeable height boost or even if the spinal fluid injected is permanent. There is also artificial discs, but I don't know if they add any height.

All in all, there is no effective method yet and we have to wait for the future. I'm confident stem cell research will lead to a method to incease people's height some day in the future, but we might have to wait 50 or 100 years.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

KrP1

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2017, 12:32:41 PM »

You think so? Here it seems that there is not a real risk involed in these new techniques.

"The operation carries standard risks, including bleeding  and infection.
There's also a risk that when using a needle you may damage the nerves or cause a leak of cerebrospinal fluid, which cushions the brain, says Amjad Shad, consultant spinal surgeon at University Hospital Coventry and BMI Meriden Hospital in Coventry.
'This isn't necessarily dangerous but can cause headaches,' he says."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2470411/Me-operation-Gel-jabs-spine-treat-chronic-pain.html

Allmost all people with back surgeries end with some degree of dissability caused by the surgery It self.

crimsontide

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2017, 07:32:26 PM »

Lengthening the spine seems crazy. Would never risk this in a million years
Pages: [1]   Go Up