Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Height neurosis so bad I'm not going to the club with friends for new years  (Read 7415 times)

DreamOf180cm

Yes guys, it's gotten really bad... Anybody else feel this way or am I psychologically and mentally unstable at this point? To elaborate, thinking of going to the club gets me anxious. All the girls in heels, 6 foot guys, it's gotten to the point where I'm just avoiding these places because if I go I'm just going to be conducting height tests and comparing heights and not enjoying myself.
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

TheLichKing

I can easily relate to this. This happened last year and it was my birthday. I avoided being in many group photos and when I was in a photo I would make sure no photo be uploaded on social media where I look short and all that. You're not alone and it's fairly common here with people on this forum I think.
I always avoid being in groups of people where I would look significantly short. Being short sure sucks as hell especially at places like weddings, parties where girls are likely to be in high heels. The beta feeling is just sooo depressing.

It's for events like these I bought a pair of 5.2 inch elevator shoes (boots) from tallmenshoes and they are extremely uncomfortable to walk in. So next I bought a pair of 4 inch patent leather dress shoes which are a bit more comfortable and do-able. But it should be noted the actual height gain these shoes give are 1 inch less than advertised, I read from expert review.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

DreamOf180cm

I can easily relate to this. This happened last year and it was my birthday. I avoided being in many group photos and when I was in a photo I would make sure no photo be uploaded on social media where I look short and all that. You're not alone and it's fairly common here with people on this forum I think.
I always avoid being in groups of people where I would look significantly short. Being short sure sucks as hell especially at places like weddings, parties where girls are likely to be in high heels. The beta feeling is just sooo depressing.

Oh man I fking hate photos. It's gotten so bad for me that I can't leave my house without either wearing Airmax 90's or timberland boots.. I cannot wear flat shoes. Hopefully in 1-2 years I can just hit average height (177cm) and live in peace.

TheLichKing

Oh man I fking hate photos. It's gotten so bad for me that I can't leave my house without either wearing Airmax 90's or timberland boots.. I cannot wear flat shoes. Hopefully in 1-2 years I can just hit average height (177cm) and live in peace.

Sometimes the depression gets so bad when you come back home from university or party feeling all trash and beta, you sometimes wish life isn't even worth living right now and you might just die from a depression heart attack or something any moment. This was before when I sought after limb lengthening as a safe resort/ haven. Even now, the depression is pretty severe when I come back home from university sometimes and feel like crying. (Seeing 90% of the attractive taller than me girls with tall guys in groups, walking past through them in the corridor - Incredibly painful).

For the past 2 years, rarely have I ever been outside without my 2 inch insoles in my high top sneakers. I'm 23 as of now and I've been conducting heights tests and comparisons ever since I was in high school at 16 years old.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

onemorefoot

That is pretty common. I will not see my own family for this reason, but mainly for other reasons. I cant go for this surgery before university, so I will live unhappy for some more years. I would say that I  am a lonely person, not just because height, I enjoy being alone.
Budget will determine my future.

TIBIKE200

Where are you guys from that you feel extremely short at 169-171?
I learned some stuff during this time

DreamOf180cm

I bought a pair of 5.2 inch elevator shoes (boots) from tallmenshoes and they are extremely uncomfortable to walk in. So next I bought a pair of 4 inch patent leather dress shoes which are a bit more comfortable and do-able. But it should be noted the actual height gain these shoes give are 1 inch less than advertised, I read from expert review.

I'm trying a new secret weapon now. I have timberland boots which give me ~1.5 inches. I bought 2 inch lifts so I'm going to combine the boots with the lifts to get 3.5 inches and see how it is. If it all goes to plan I will be at 5'11.

DreamOf180cm

I'm from Canada. With my boots I'm ~5'9. I think my problem is that I just focus so much on people who are taller than me and ignore the people that I am TALLER then. It's become a vicious circle. I have friends who are 5'8 who seem so happy and don't even pay attention to their height (I might be wrong) and then there is me who is feels miserable.

TheLichKing

I'm from Canada, it's not that bad when around general public in malls or restaurant with my 2 inch lifts but where the young generation is at i.e. University, parties e.t.c. things start going bad, really bad..

TIBIKE200

I'm from Canada. With my boots I'm ~5'9. I think my problem is that I just focus so much on people who are taller than me and ignore the people that I am TALLER then. It's become a vicious circle. I have friends who are 5'8 who seem so happy and don't even pay attention to their height (I might be wrong) and then there is me who is feels miserable.

I was in toronto half a year ago. I am also 171. I felt better there. Also had success with women in parties and tinder. You canadians are pretty short on average. Its in your head

DreamOf180cm

Re: Height neurosis so bad I'm not going to the club with friends for new years
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 02:53:58 AM »

I'm from Canada, it's not that bad when around general public in malls or restaurant with my 2 inch lifts but where the young generation is at i.e. University, parties e.t.c. things start going bad, really bad..

What part of Canada if you don't mind me asking? I'm from QC btw.

The conducting height experiments though, don't you feel it consumes so much energy out of you? I just can't have a good time because I keep doing this everywhere I go (metro, bus, parties, mall, grocery shop). It's never been this bad but lately it's gotten out of control for me.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 02:56:19 AM »

I was in toronto half a year ago. I am also 171. I felt better there. Also had success with women in parties and tinder. You canadians are pretty short on average. Its in your head

Unfortunately some of us here are trapped in our own heads. I can be average Canadian height with my boots but I feel 'fake' when I wear them. It just doesn't do it for me.

TheLichKing

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 03:01:14 AM »

What part of Canada if you don't mind me asking? I'm from QC btw.

The conducting height experiments though, don't you feel it consumes so much energy out of you? I just can't have a good time because I keep doing this everywhere I go (metro, bus, parties, mall, grocery shop). It's never been this bad but lately it's gotten out of control for me.

Yea, really energy consuming without a doubt to the point I feel all relaxed when I finally sit down. And I have had this symptom since years be it almost everywhere I go (even in the elevator lol). I live in Ontario, GTA area. Again it's not really that bad around general public but significantly noticeable in area where people are around my age. 5'8 ain't bad at all but 5'6 - 1/2 sure sucks big time.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 03:03:08 AM »

Unfortunately some of us here are trapped in our own heads. I can be average Canadian height with my boots but I feel 'fake' when I wear them. It just doesn't do it for me.

I am not telling you not to do the surgery. Just that till you do it, you dont need to suffer... There is a huge difference between wanting to be taller than suffering for not being taller. Dont fear to feel good (regardless of height) because you fear that you will give up on wanting to do LL. Anyway, if you walk around 177-179, you are taller than the average canadian

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 03:08:44 AM »

Dont fear to feel good (regardless of height) because you fear that you will give up on wanting to do LL.

That struck a few chords in me. Very good point.

TheLichKing

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 03:17:12 AM »

I think we should just enjoy our lives without focusing too much on our height. Just bear in mind that you'll and are destined to get LL in a few years ==> peace of mind. It's only a matter of time...

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 11:06:37 AM »

Didn't you know the average height of the 'younger generation' is 6'5 ?

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 12:59:03 PM »

Please don't say "beta" it's a ridiculous term.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Alu

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 05:15:11 PM »

Please don't say "beta" it's a ridiculous term.

I can never take anyone who uses that term seriously... it's like you're basically playing yourself

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 05:26:45 PM »

I can never take anyone who uses that term seriously... it's like you're basically playing yourself

>5'7,5
>Beta male

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2016, 05:28:11 PM »

>5'7,5
>Beta male

Lmao you're turkish? HAHAHAH when I lived in Turkey I loved topkek!! Selamlar kardes!

Chris

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2016, 05:32:41 PM »

Or "manlet", this always makes me wish I could rain down fire on everyone >:(

And to stay on topic: I also avoid going to the club or any other crowded places. It's not like I would miss out on anything, I wouldn't see more than the backs of other people anyway ::)
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2016, 06:01:56 PM »

I always found it funny that the truly tall guys (6'0 - 6'3) never made it a point to call others short. Rather, it was always the taller short guys (5'6-5'8 ) who would call those below 5'6  manlet, little guy, etc.
Insecurity no doubt

Chris

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2016, 06:36:52 PM »

I always found it funny that the truly tall guys (6'0 - 6'3) never made it a point to call others short. Rather, it was always the taller short guys (5'6-5'8 ) who would call those below 5'6  manlet, little guy, etc.
Insecurity no doubt

Hmm...I think you're right about the really tall guys, but it's more the ones who are taller than 6'2 /190cm, at least where I live.
And it's rather the average guys (5'9 /180cm and up) who love to tell you how short you are, especially the not so close "friends".
My guess would be that it is because I am around and kinda "protect" the 170cm-guys from being called short, because I'm only 161cm and they always pick the shortest.

I'm a real LL-patient.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2016, 06:44:45 PM »

Hmm...I think you're right about the really tall guys, but it's more the ones who are taller than 6'2 /190cm, at least where I live.
And it's rather the average guys (5'9 /180cm and up) who love to tell you how short you are, especially the not so close "friends".
My guess would be that it is because I am around and kinda "protect" the 170cm-guys from being called short, because I'm only 161cm and they always pick the shortest.

5'9 is 175. Not 180. 5'11 is 180.

Chris

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2016, 06:52:23 PM »

5'9 is 175. Not 180. 5'11 is 180.
Yea, I was lazy and used the Google converter and it showed me 180cm = 5,90ft and I read it as 5'9 :P
I'm a real LL-patient.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2016, 06:54:19 PM »

Or "manlet", this always makes me wish I could rain down fire on everyone >:(

And to stay on topic: I also avoid going to the club or any other crowded places. It's not like I would miss out on anything, I wouldn't see more than the backs of other people anyway ::)

I hate that word so much.

TheLichKing

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2016, 07:21:25 PM »

Don't forget "midget" as well  :D

Yea, I was lazy and used the Google converter and it showed me 180cm = 5,90ft and I read it as 5'9 :P

That converter should be in ft and inches. Pretty unconventional to show results in ft measurement only. I always thought something about it was glitched until I noticed it lol. (Many, many people report incorrect measurements using that good for nothing converter)

The Kaiser

« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2016, 12:42:07 AM »

So you think 7 cm more will make you taller than them?

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2016, 01:07:21 AM »

They do make him taller...after all that's what cm's do. LOL.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

hype88

« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2016, 05:20:39 AM »

Oh man you took the words out of my mouth haha.

Not to beat my own drum but I'm an attractive guy, but I lack confidence because of my height. Growing up, the only things girls would ever attack me about was my height and I guess it has stuck with me, and I bet there would be a number of us on this forum who could relate to my story! I know it's superficial but facts are facts and height does make a significant impact in how people perceive you. Example I have a couple of tall friends that are 6'2 average looking lads and you can definitely tell the difference when people talk to them compared to yourself.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up