Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is my body fit for 16cm increase  (Read 5187 times)

Mod997

• Visitor
Is my body fit for 16cm increase
« on: January 03, 2017, 08:58:56 PM »

Hello everyone
I've been following the LL Forum for too long and I thought I would ask
About what my plan is and is it preposterous
I am currently 19 and my height is 168.5
Am planning to do all types of exercises to get myself 169 by waking up time
I am considering doing LL with dr guichet , besides I didn't hear good news from Betz
I've contacted Sarin and he promised 12 - 13 cm on two segments which is amazing
But again Betz seems to offer 10 - 11 on femur 8 - 9 on tibias which honestly sound heinous
I am considering guichet since he offered 18 cm on two segments 10 on femur 8 on tibias
Still I would love to reach 187 or 186.5 besides wearing any type of shoes will get u at least a cm
So eventually I thought I want something maximum but not completely insane so I think
I'll settle for 6.5 on tibias and 9.5 on femur or 7 tibias and 9 femur
I know this still sounds unrealistic and will makes me disproportionate
Honestly I wouldn't mind having long legs and a bit of a short torso and wingspan compared
So this is me right now

I was wondering would I look okay after 9 femur 7 tibias
And dr guichet says he could do 10 on femur and 8 on tibias and I wonder would that look okay
So yh that's basically it
Am planning to do two separate surgeries with guichet
First femur and the second is tibias obv
I don't mind that much to have long legs and "slightly " short upper body
Honestly I think I would look distinguished, all what goes through my mind right now
Is that is 16 cm or who knows 18 cm is a unicorn cornflakes number
What's your thoughts on this guys and could someone do the picture manipulation
For the specifications I put forward if possible
Thanks ;)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: Is my body fit for 16cm increase
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 09:02:07 PM »

You don't even know what are you talking about.
When you do almost 20cm in both segments it's not even about proportions anymore. Your functions will be wrecked.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 09:28:37 PM »

If you have really been following the LL forum for "too long" you wouldn't even ask this question. You're going to be crippled. If you go to Sarin you'll be crippled + butchered. My 2 cents.
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

goldenegg

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 09:40:33 PM »

16cms or more is pretty extreme... I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but there's no way you actually spoke to dr. G about this plan yet. He wouldn't offer anyone 10cms in the femurs right off the bat, especially without meeting them and doesn't even do cosmetic tibias so he couldn't have possibly offered that either.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:14:22 PM by goldenegg »

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 10:42:28 PM »

16 cm is suicide.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

onemorefoot

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 10:57:13 PM »

Please, dont go above 11 cm. And if some doctor offers you 20 cm or more  you should run for your life( look at apo if you dont believe me). The initial length  of your femur and tibia is there for some reason,you shouldnt go above 15/100 of the initial length of your legs. I am surprised that Guitchet accepted to operate your tibias, he is against that. Are you trolling??
Budget will determine my future.

Mod997

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2017, 12:19:34 AM »

I guess am not fully informed
But hey thanks I just realized how F up my plan was

Mod997

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2017, 12:21:13 AM »

Guys thanks a lot
The thing is I am doing it for cosmetic reasons only
So some doctors said they can go "all the way up" XD
But I believe that that level of increasing is for actually short people
But since I am doing it for cosmetic purposes I'll do the safest
Probably 6.5 on two different segments
Or dr Paley which am sure everyone here knows
Displayed his formula for increasing 14.5 on two separate operations
6.5 tibias and 8 femur
And that's only 1.5 cm shy from 16 cm which is really insignificant
Specially that I want to practice some sport
So what's everyone thoughts on dr Paley ?!

Mod997

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2017, 12:34:28 AM »

Please, dont go above 11 cm. And if some doctor offers you 20 cm or more  you should run for your life( look at apo if you dont believe me). The initial length  of your femur and tibia is there for some reason,you shouldnt go above 15/100 of the initial length of your legs. I am surprised that Guitchet accepted to operate your tibias, he is against that. Are you trolling??

Is apo is some sort of myth
I mean yes the actual apotheosis is some Greek whatever
Is he trolling us !! 20 cm increase!? How could he walk with that thing
Regarding dr guichet, I emailed them and they said " one of our patients increased 18 cm "
Am sure it wasn't on one bone or a hoax as well
To be fair to dr guichet, yes he did once a 18 cm operation
But for an actual short lady , u can enter his website and her pictures is actually there
So it wasn't cosmetic, the lady had some deformities I think or GH deficiency
I called him once and I told him but I didn't discuss the tibias cosmetic surgery
I think he believed that I am actually short where in this case he do tibias I believe

The Kaiser

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2017, 01:47:45 AM »

Guys thanks a lot
The thing is I am doing it for cosmetic reasons only
So some doctors said they can go "all the way up" XD
But I believe that that level of increasing is for actually short people
But since I am doing it for cosmetic purposes I'll do the safest
Probably 6.5 on two different segments
Or dr Paley which am sure everyone here knows
Displayed his formula for increasing 14.5 on two separate operations
6.5 tibias and 8 femur
And that's only 1.5 cm shy from 16 cm which is really insignificant
Specially that I want to practice some sport
So what's everyone thoughts on dr Paley ?!

6.5 cm tibia is still a lot, if you want each cm badly (12-13 cm i think should be the max).

for now, you have to educate yourself and read a lot of diaries, patients experience, most suitable method for you and of course an experience doctor. Forget about 187 cm its nearly impossible, even if you recovered after half decade you will look unattractive.

Mod997

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2017, 02:21:11 AM »

6.5 cm tibia is still a lot, if you want each cm badly (12-13 cm i think should be the max).

for now, you have to educate yourself and read a lot of diaries, patients experience, most suitable method for you and of course an experience doctor. Forget about 187 cm its nearly impossible, even if you recovered after half decade you will look unattractive.

Half a decade lololololol XD
Ok I think I could be happy with 13 cm
Thanks a lot

fujitora

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2017, 05:21:12 AM »

Hey Mod997 -

My response might seem contrary to popular opinion, but I think 15 cm is not an unrealistic goal. I'm not saying it's going to be easy but if you're committed and plan things out, it's very feasible. Age plays a vital factor in your rate and quality of recovery. You're quite lucky to be 19 and can still afford Guichet or Paley, who are considered the best surgeons in this field. So here are some tips/suggestions on how you can achieve this goal.

- Improve your flexibility and muscle mass. Dedicate 6 months to 1 year on drastically improving your flexibility and muscle mass. That should really help to squeeze out those last few cms.
- Go for as much as you can on Femur, and as less as you can Tibia. As in, aim for 8-10 cms on the femur and remaining 7-5cm on tibia. The best case scenario is 10 Femur and 5 Tibia, and the worst is 8 Femur and 7 Tibia. The reason I suggest this because the rate of recovery in femur is quite faster than tibia. Moreover, your femur appears to be shorter than tibia, so it helps proportions wise too.
- First lengthen your femurs. One you're finished, don't immediately go for tibia lengthening. Give your body some time to heal and adjust to your new height and regain flexibility. If you can, I'd say take an year gap before your lengthen your tibia. Because you can increase the maximum on femur, so your height neurosis might be gone by the time you finish femur lengthening and you may not look for another surgery. Moreover, you can still wear shoes with thick sole shoes, which would look awkward if you'd first done tibia lengthening (might look like you're standing on a box)
-When you hit 15 cm, you might look a bit disproportionate. But I think it's better to be disproportionate than being short. That being said, it's also much much much better to be short than being crippled. So take every step with caution.

The key for this whole journey to be successful is your determination - how badly you want this and how much pain and inconvenience are you willing to endure to achieve this height.
Pre-Op Height: 160.5 cms
Surgery performed by Dr. Manish Dhawan at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th April 2016
Lengthening stopped on 14th Sept 2016
Current height: 165 cms (5 cm)
Frames removed on March 19th 2017 | Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3499.0

Mod997

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2017, 06:12:58 AM »

Hey Mod997 -

My response might seem contrary to popular opinion, but I think 15 cm is not an unrealistic goal. I'm not saying it's going to be easy but if you're committed and plan things out, it's very feasible. Age plays a vital factor in your rate and quality of recovery. You're quite lucky to be 19 and can still afford Guichet or Paley, who are considered the best surgeons in this field. So here are some tips/suggestions on how you can achieve this goal.

- Improve your flexibility and muscle mass. Dedicate 6 months to 1 year on drastically improving your flexibility and muscle mass. That should really help to squeeze out those last few cms.
- Go for as much as you can on Femur, and as less as you can Tibia. As in, aim for 8-10 cms on the femur and remaining 7-5cm on tibia. The best case scenario is 10 Femur and 5 Tibia, and the worst is 8 Femur and 7 Tibia. The reason I suggest this because the rate of recovery in femur is quite faster than tibia. Moreover, your femur appears to be shorter than tibia, so it helps proportions wise too.
- First lengthen your femurs. One you're finished, don't immediately go for tibia lengthening. Give your body some time to heal and adjust to your new height and regain flexibility. If you can, I'd say take an year gap before your lengthen your tibia. Because you can increase the maximum on femur, so your height neurosis might be gone by the time you finish femur lengthening and you may not look for another surgery. Moreover, you can still wear shoes with thick sole shoes, which would look awkward if you'd first done tibia lengthening (might look like you're standing on a box)
-When you hit 15 cm, you might look a bit disproportionate. But I think it's better to be disproportionate than being short. That being said, it's also much much much better to be short than being crippled. So take every step with caution.

The key for this whole journey to be successful is your determination - how badly you want this and how much pain and inconvenience are you willing to endure to achieve this height.

Thank you so much
This is really helpful
And yes I'll reconsider the whole thing and evaluate my situation
Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up