Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Classic Ilizarov: How to stay active during 8 months in frames?  (Read 5563 times)

randomguy

Classic Ilizarov: How to stay active during 8 months in frames?
« on: January 04, 2017, 11:01:15 AM »

What kind of physical activities can you do while in frames for 8-10 months? Am I limited to walking and a stationary bike?

With a pretty active lifestyle I have now the vision of spending such a long time at home, without a proper workout is really depressing.

I am visiting Dr Catagni next month so if I decide to go with him I'll stay in Lecco. Any ideas how to enjoy my time there will be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:34:53 PM by randomguy »

Zyker

• Visitor
Re: Classic Ilizarov: How to stay active during 8 months in frames?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:09:57 PM »

Where are you from?
Actual height: 172 cm
Goal: 176 cm

randomguy

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:33:51 PM »

Where are you from?

I don't think it matters here

Zyker

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 12:54:08 PM »

Sorry, I only want to know if you are Italian or not, since you are going to visit Dr Catagni.
Actual height: 172 cm
Goal: 176 cm

randomguy

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 01:57:31 PM »

Sorry, I only want to know if you are Italian or not, since you are going to visit Dr Catagni.

Understood. No I'm not Italian.

The Kaiser

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 09:20:15 PM »

How many cm you lengthened and whats your initial height?

Anyways i don't know much for externals, but i think biking and stretching and if your doctor allowed you to walk cautiously to flow some blood and faster the process

Pingvi

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 03:04:44 AM »

I am 5 month with illizarov frame. First month was difficult but after start  to fell better. If you need some advice I can share :)

randomguy

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 01:06:17 PM »

@KAiser
175 now. Planning for +5cm gain.

@Pingvi
Feel free to share here. Are you in Lecco now?

The Kaiser

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 05:36:54 AM »

@KAiser
175 now. Planning for +5cm gain.

@Pingvi
Feel free to share here. Are you in Lecco now?

You have a great height, why you want to risk and make this surgery? where're you from if you let me ask?

randomguy

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 11:01:39 AM »

You have a great height, why you want to risk and make this surgery? where're you from if you let me ask?

175cm a great height?! Maybe for a girl LOL. 181 is an average male height in my country and it's even more for my generation. Out of 17 guys in my class in high school only 4 were shorter. I'm just mediocre and I've heard that I'm pretty short for a guy many times (yes, also from girls).

Honestly guys, let's quit asking this stupid question and stay on topic. Everyone here has his reasons to do this. Some aim for mediocre, others want to be average, and some want to stand out.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 12:23:36 PM by randomguy »

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2017, 04:58:03 PM »

175cm a great height?! Maybe for a girl LOL.

You need ballsack transplant, not a LL.

randomguy

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2017, 06:10:03 PM »

You need ballsack transplant, not a LL.

And you YourSpaceBoyfriend deserve a brain transplant.

Why are short people so rude, jealous and frustrated!? Just a reminder of your reply in another topic @YourSpaceBoyfriend

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4140.msg63837#msg63837

There are plenty of people on this forum who aim at 5'11 or 6ft. I spoke to Guichet and Catagni and they have operated on guys taller than me. What's your problem?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2017, 06:24:56 PM »

Why are short people so rude, jealous and frustrated!? Just a reminder of your reply in another topic @YourSpaceBoyfriend

There are plenty of people on this forum who aim at 5'11 or 6ft. I spoke to Guichet and Catagni and they have operated on guys taller than me. What's your problem?

So what are you waiting for? Go for it.
I learned some stuff during this time

Alu

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 07:19:54 PM »

175cm a great height?! Maybe for a girl LOL.

Cause of stupid   like this.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 07:50:05 PM »

Yes, there have been some people that were at your height and did the operation, but most are not. The 5'9'' and above people doing LL are really a small minority, on this forum, there are perhaps 6 or 7 people who did it with that starting height, but I would say 95% of LL patients are shorter than 5'9''. Most people come here in hopes of getting taller and leave after realizing how grave this surgery is. So just use that information to get some perspective onto the issue.

Also the "why are short guys so rude" comment of yours was really a load of crap. I can tell you that most people, irrelevant of their height, would tell you that you are insane if you wanted surgery at 5'9''. If you are unhappy your feelings are valid, but the rejection you get is not because of "short people".
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

randomguy

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 08:05:22 PM »

Also the "why are short guys so rude" comment of yours was really a load of crap.

Oh really?? Have you read YourSpaceBoyfriend's comment before that? How is that not rude?

Do you honestly think that 175cm is a great height for a male? I didn't say it's bad either. All the stats from well developed European countries confirm that it's mediocre height.

For a guy who is below 170cm 175cm can be a great height but stats are brutal and you are only mediocre in Germany if you are this tall and pretty short among young people.

Now I get a feeling that this thread is from another planet LOL: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4140. Why do you think I'm insane if I want to gain 5cm only to reach what you describe as "Comfortable height" there?

Auron

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 08:29:42 PM »

@RandomGuy

There is no point in arguing with them, just let them be. Also, you're absolutly right about what you said but avoid saying it. Why? Because alot of short people in here would love to be your height and when you say that a 175cm guy is short (which I agree but is debatable in many countrys) it's the same as saying that even after LL they will never be able to hit the average height which is like a dream to many of them.

I'm doing it at 172cm, I'd still do it at 175cm, I'd probably do it at 180cm as well. Why? because we all have our own goals and you guys should respect it.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 09:07:13 PM »

Oh really?? Have you read YourSpaceBoyfriend's comment before that? How is that not rude?

Do you honestly think that 175cm is a great height for a male? I didn't say it's bad either. All the stats from well developed European countries confirm that it's mediocre height.

For a guy who is below 170cm 175cm can be a great height but stats are brutal and you are only mediocre in Germany if you are this tall and pretty short among young people.

Now I get a feeling that this thread is from another planet LOL: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4140. Why do you think I'm insane if I want to gain 5cm only to reach what you describe as "Comfortable height" there?

After seeing how you got upset with one comment i will still recommend you to get that ballsack transplant.

Alu

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 09:09:24 PM »

@RandomGuy

There is no point in arguing with them, just let them be. Also, you're absolutly right about what you said but avoid saying it. Why? Because alot of short people in here would love to be your height and when you say that a 175cm guy is short (which I agree but is debatable in many countrys) it's the same as saying that even after LL they will never be able to hit the average height which is like a dream to many of them.

I'm doing it at 172cm, I'd still do it at 175cm, I'd probably do it at 180cm as well. Why? because we all have our own goals and you guys should respect it.

Problem is you're sacrificing a lot for it to be worth it even then. Knowing all the things I have to give up and trade for it, I don't think I can justify doing it at 175 CM. At 180 CM you're really just being crazy depending on what it's worth.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 10:30:10 PM »

Yes, 175 can be a great height for one particular male. People like Robert De Niro or Tom Hardy absolutely ace that height and I would love to have their looks or charisma. You have to understand that height follows a normal distribution, a bell curve. That means no matter how tall people are, many will be below the average and there is nothing that can be done about it. And many men do great at that height. Like it or not, but that's a truth you cannot deny.

You said 181 is the average in your country. In Germany, the average is "only" 178 among all people (yound and old). The younger generation might be taller, but even this trend is questionable since native Germans have low birth rates and migrants (shorter on average) have a lot more kids. So I think that even in Europe, this height will remain solid for the future.

As I said before, your feelings of unhappiness are valid, but please try to stay objective and not get carried away by your height neurosis. And don't say crap like "short guys are jealous and rude", that's a really terrible and toxic thing to say. Say "User xxx is rude" instead.

randomguy

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 11:49:06 PM »

Yes, 175 can be a great height for one particular male. People like Robert De Niro or Tom Hardy absolutely ace that height and I would love to have their looks or charisma.

Why cannot you understand a simple sentence? Where did I say that you cannot be great at 175cm?! All I said was that 175cm is 6 cm below average in my country and age group hence statistically it's definitely not great for a male height.

You have to understand that height follows a normal distribution, a bell curve. That means no matter how tall people are, many will be below the average and there is nothing that can be done about it. And many men do great at that height. Like it or not, but that's a truth you cannot deny.

Pointless. So why YouwannaBeTaller?? Many men do great at any height, at yours too! We are all here because we want to move ourselves to the right on this curve simply because being taller makes us happier.

randomguy

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 11:52:40 PM »

@RandomGuy

Thanks mate.

doomsday

« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2017, 12:04:32 AM »

What kind of physical activities can you do while in frames for 8-10 months? Am I limited to walking and a stationary bike?

With a pretty active lifestyle I have now the vision of spending such a long time at home, without a proper workout is really depressing.

I am visiting Dr Catagni next month so if I decide to go with him I'll stay in Lecco. Any ideas how to enjoy my time there will be much appreciated.

If you get depressed stay away from the surgery because you will not be able to cope...
I have my frames for over 5 months and even though i got really strong character is diffcult as hell(i live alone)

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 12:33:58 AM »

Why cannot you understand a simple sentence? Where did I say that you cannot be great at 175cm?! All I said was that 175cm is 6 cm below average in my country and age group hence statistically it's definitely not great for a male height.

Not great if your goal is being at the 50th percentile of height. Still acceptable if your goal is to have a "somewhat average" height. It's a matter of perspective.

Pointless. So why YouwannaBeTaller?? Many men do great at any height, at yours too! We are all here because we want to move ourselves to the right on this curve simply because being taller makes us happier.

I have my own reasons for being unhappy with my height, one being that my dad is taller than me, and another being that I can't get rid of the suspicion that I might have stunted my growth during my teenage years. That being said, I like to consider myself a humble person, so if I were real 175, I would most likely already have found peace. My goal is to be 177 or 178 and get rid of my height issues forever.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2017, 02:31:10 AM »

If you get depressed stay away from the surgery because you will not be able to cope...
I have my frames for over 5 months and even though i got really strong character is diffcult as hell(i live alone)

Agreed very very few people will be able to cope long term with ilizarov frames on their legs it's truly one of the hardest things I've ever done physically and mentally! If you can't sleep on your back you are fkd as well something I didn't really think about till I decided to do this.

onemorefoot

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2017, 03:10:57 AM »

A real 175 is not short, is in the weak average. But sometimes when you have height neurosis you just look what you want to look(tall guys), probabably in Germany average is tall and you can be below that average but for too much??? Also you say that 175 cm is great for a girl, that can sound rude in a place Like this, that is the reason why dont call each other with unpolite words like midget.  In old forums you can be call manlet at 6 feet, that is not real life.
Budget will determine my future.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2017, 04:14:04 AM »

So we have Auron here who is 171cm and is going to be 176-177 post LL who says that pepole that are 1cm shorter than his post LL height are considered short and are bitter and sad or whatever (I am your starting height btw). Then, we have OP that says that 175 is a girl's height to people who will never be this height who visit this forum (which is full of depressed short people) and just like all of us when we are suffering for our height, starts to believe that everyone around him are giants (especially the young generation is much much taller bull ).

175cm isnt short almost in every country... A little below average.. I agree that 5'11 or 5'10 are taller than 6', but nowhere besides NL is 6' the average. In germany btw, the average height for people born in 1996 is 180.3 .

try putting insoles of 2cm in your shoes OP and see how you feel... You will be amazed how much difference do 2cm make to you. It will also make you understand that people who you think are much taller than you arent so  much taller
I learned some stuff during this time

The Kaiser

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2017, 07:13:06 AM »

First of all go check your height again, once you said i am 176, now 175. You may be 174 at night. secondly, you need 6 cm to be average, so even with 5 cm as you said you will be below average in your country, which i believe their average is not 181 as you said its lower.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2017, 11:06:22 AM »

So we have Auron here who is 171cm and is going to be 176-177 post LL who says that pepole that are 1cm shorter than his post LL height are considered short and are bitter and sad or whatever (I am your starting height btw). Then, we have OP that says that 175 is a girl's height to people who will never be this height who visit this forum (which is full of depressed short people) and just like all of us when we are suffering for our height, starts to believe that everyone around him are giants (especially the young generation is much much taller bullcrap).

175cm isnt short almost in every country... A little below average.. I agree that 5'11 or 5'10 are taller than 6', but nowhere besides NL is 6' the average. In germany btw, the average height for people born in 1996 is 180.3 .

try putting insoles of 2cm in your shoes OP and see how you feel... You will be amazed how much difference do 2cm make to you. It will also make you understand that people who you think are much taller than you arent so  much taller

I wish we would the option to say "thank you" for certain posts. Great post!  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up