Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Depression among LLers  (Read 11499 times)

onemorefoot

Re: Depression among LLers
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2017, 02:21:14 AM »

Make it more painful? Is not dangerous for the shortening of achilles tendon?
Budget will determine my future.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 02:23:26 AM »

I hate to think what would happen from a good conversation while sitting down only to stand up and she finds out how short one is. By the way, how tall are you ? (if you don't mind me asking)

I'm all of 5'4 tall but I consistently wear Roshes and boots to get me up to 5'5 and I slip 1cm lifts under the soles to get me to 5'5 1/2-ish lol. You can't even tell that they're there when they're under my shoes (Roshes have soles that you can just pull out and add lifts underneath, if anyone knows anymore decent/fashionable/common shoes like this, please I'm all ears!). I highly recommend it to everyone here. But of course, taking them off is an awful feeling. It's not much, and it probably makes almost no difference to other people, but it really does help my confidence and mental state.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2017, 02:30:03 AM »

I wear these boots. Geox. The heel is 2-2.5cm and I put my corrective insole which gives me a boost of 1cm because it corrects my posture (I have flatfoot). A few short friends of mine also use those with 2-5cm insoles inside. There is alot of space in there

http://imgur.com/a/Zpz7X
I learned some stuff during this time

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2017, 02:35:21 AM »

I wear these boots. Geox. The heel is 2-2.5cm and I put my corrective insole which gives me a boost of 1cm because it corrects my posture (I have flatfoot). A few short friends of mine also use those with 2-5cm insoles inside. There is alot of space in there

http://imgur.com/a/Zpz7X

Thanks man, I'll look into them, they seem pretty concealable. I've also purchased some 5cm Adidas Samba Tributes from Don's footwear as they looked pretty good, but in person, LOL, the heel/insole height was just far too obvious. (I live in a very hot climate where you can only wear shorts). If anyone else is a little less self conscious than I am, and you wear an 8-8.5, drop me a PM and I'll send them over to you if you're US and you pay me the $10 for shipping.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2017, 02:40:32 AM »

Thanks man, I'll look into them, they seem pretty concealable. I've also purchased some 5cm Adidas Samba Tributes from Don's footwear as they looked pretty good, but in person, LOL, the heel/insole height was just far too obvious. (I live in a very hot climate where you can only wear shorts). If anyone else is a little less self conscious than I am, and you wear an 8-8.5, drop me a PM and I'll send them over to you if you're US and you pay me the $10 for shipping.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2017, 02:42:18 AM »

Lol 2inches adidas? No wonder almost all the guys wear these shoes here in Italy. Unbelievable.. Never knew there were 2 inches (5cm) sport shoes

Not the original ones. A guy named Don from Don's footwear makes shoes that look very similar and calls them (Adidas) "Samba Tributes." Then he basically stuffs them with lifts and glues them inside. They look pretty good, and quite like the originals, from angles like this:

And nearly every image on the site is taken from angles like that ^. You'd understand why the photos are only from that angle if you ever saw them in real life.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2017, 02:47:56 AM »

But real shoes, stuff a 2-4cm insole in them and you will be fine.

Bander72

« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2017, 02:53:23 AM »

Make it more painful? Is not dangerous for the shortening of achilles tendon?

I think that information would be more common knowledge if it was true since a lot of people here have used lifts.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2017, 11:16:01 AM »

Not the original ones. A guy named Don from Don's footwear makes shoes that look very similar and calls them (Adidas) "Samba Tributes." Then he basically stuffs them with lifts and glues them inside. They look pretty good, and quite like the originals, from angles like this:

And nearly every image on the site is taken from angles like that ^. You'd understand why the photos are only from that angle if you ever saw them in real life.

Reebok classic give around 3-4cm of height, why would you glue some piece of crap to flat shoes.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2017, 11:41:16 AM »

Yea I say much MUCH worse for guys below 5'5. I can't even imagine that, it's already so bad at 5'6 lol.

A lot of guys below 5'5 are living happy lives - don't extrapolate your feelings to others. This is like when healthy people are asked how they imagine living in a wheelchair or as a blind person. Most say that life would be so horrible they would probably kill themselves. But when people are actually confined to a wheelchair or blinded by accidents, most manage to keep living happily after.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2017, 02:05:47 PM »

I'd recommend anyone planning to have surgery on their tibias to stop wearing lifts for several months prior to surgery.
When women wear heels their calf muscles and achilles tendon become stiff, so I assume the same holds true for men and lifts.

Chris

« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2017, 04:35:14 PM »

I say LL is a God sent procedure for short people who want to become taller, praise the lord! No amount of praise can be enough.

How about your sh*tty God would have eradicated deformation, dwarfism, men shorter than women, transgender, autism, wisdom teeth, lady-beards, androgenetic alopecia and so on in the first place?  >:( :'(

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

TheLichKing

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2017, 05:03:38 PM »

How about your sh*tty God would have eradicated deformation, dwarfism, men shorter than women, transgender, autism, wisdom teeth, lady-beards, androgenetic alopecia and so on in the first place?  >:( :'(

What you said is absolutely correct. That phrase just randomly came to mind as I read it somewhere in an article...I take it back lol.

I want to post a picture showing the shoes I wear with lifts and elevator shoes but I'm getting an error "The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator." Any idea what I might be doing wrong, the photo I'm trying to upload is just 200kb.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 05:35:53 PM by Desktopx »
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2017, 05:40:32 PM »

just use imgur.com and paste it here with [img][/img ]

Chris

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2017, 06:05:00 PM »

Yup, or https://postimage.org alternatively. That's what I'm using on this forums. Have never had any issues :)
I'm a real LL-patient.

TheLichKing

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2017, 06:08:20 PM »

just use imgur.com and paste it here with [img]http://[/img ]

Yup, or https://postimage.org alternatively. That's what I'm using on this forums. Have never had any issues :)

Thanks friends.
The dress shoes I wear (special events) give about 3.25 inches in height and are from tallmenshoes, I'd say pretty solid height increase. The other are for regular use high top sneakers (almost flat heeled), I use about 2 inch inserts in them for a total height gain of 2 inches (they are soft cushioned, so when you walk, they compress a bit). The inserts can easily be found on Amazon.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/35n90uf.jpg
http://oi68.tinypic.com/98umht.jpg
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2017, 06:47:02 PM »

Most likely I would have joined the military if I didn't get CLL, or go up to Alaska again to work on a fishing boat, but long term.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Chris

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2017, 06:51:54 PM »

Thanks friends.
The dress shoes I wear (special events) give about 3.25 inches in height and are from tallmenshoes, I'd say pretty solid height increase. The other are for regular use high top sneakers (almost flat heeled), I use about 2 inch inserts in them for a total height gain of 2 inches (they are soft cushioned, so when you walk, they compress a bit). The inserts can easily be found on Amazon.

http://oi67.tinypic.com/35n90uf.jpg
http://oi68.tinypic.com/98umht.jpg
How is running with 2" inserts? Is it possible?
I'm tying to imagine the moment when someone has taken home his new girlfriend for the first time and both are taking off their shoes 'n heels ;D

@ topic: Well, I wouldn't be here anymore without LL  :-X

I'm a real LL-patient.

TheLichKing

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2017, 07:00:25 PM »

How is running with 2" inserts? Is it possible?
I'm tying to imagine the moment when someone has taken home his new girlfriend for the first time and both are taking off their shoes 'n heels ;D

@ topic: Well, I wouldn't be here anymore without LL  :-X

Very easy, they are soft gel cushioned as can be seen in the second link. And yea really awkward and hilarious at same time when they both take their shoes off. xD The dress shoes are kinda hard to walk in, the patent leather (hard material) makes it worse.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2017, 07:43:37 PM »

Or really, how about he just gives Chris everything he wants

Iamready

« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2017, 08:58:20 PM »

I'd recommend anyone planning to have surgery on their tibias to stop wearing lifts for several months prior to surgery.
When women wear heels their calf muscles and achilles tendon become stiff, so I assume the same holds true for men and lifts.

Most definitely. Caused me tremendous pain and additional time + physical therapy.

Chris

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2017, 07:30:27 PM »

Or really, how about he just gives Chris everything he wants
Life is unfair and then you die, because "the guy who ignores everyone" once toyed around with creation and left his sandbox unfinished.
I just don't like it when people praise the Lord for human achievements, especially when they are solutions to sufferings which the Lord is clearly responsible for.
+1 for evolution. Can't believe I still believe in this guy...

And thank you, Dr. Gavriil Ilizarov ;)

/rant

I'm a real LL-patient.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2017, 08:38:45 PM »

Life is unfair and then you die, because "the guy who ignores everyone" once toyed around with creation and left his sandbox unfinished.
I just don't like it when people praise the Lord for human achievements, especially when they are solutions to sufferings which the Lord is clearly responsible for.
+1 for evolution. Can't believe I still believe in this guy...

And thank you, Dr. Gavriil Ilizarov ;)

/rant
The problem with this rationale is that it not only attempts to define God, but also faults him for not adhering to a morality/set of ethics devised by man. Eh, these type of discussions go nowhere- people believe what they believe.

Chris

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2017, 09:27:34 PM »

The problem with this rationale is that it not only attempts to define God, but also faults him for not adhering to a morality/set of ethics devised by man. Eh, these type of discussions go nowhere- people believe what they believe.
I just had one comment. You made a discussion out of it.
I'm a real LL-patient.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2017, 09:55:13 PM »

I just had one comment. You made a discussion out of it.

No, I just had one comment, in response to your extraneous response to another poster who did no more than say 'praise the Lord'

Chris

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2017, 10:03:40 PM »

No, I just had one comment, in response to your extraneous response to another poster who did no more than say 'praise the Lord'
Exactly that was my one comment, and then you barged in, said something even more extraneous while attacking me and now you're trying to argue because you want to have the last word.
If you want to say anything else stupid than pm me or shut the F up!

I'm a real LL-patient.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2017, 10:16:23 PM »

+1 for Whereintheworld

Chris

« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2017, 10:18:16 PM »

Mod?
I'm a real LL-patient.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2017, 10:21:47 PM »

I've noticed that many of you short guys are depressed for being short. I'm myself depressed but not to the point of thinking about suicide.
My question is: if you had LL and got complications, would you be strong enough to overcome them? If you are depressed for being short, what would it happen if you get crippled for life or had some serious sequels? Would you kill yourselves?

I don't think anyone can know how they would react to a situation until they're there. Although I'd like to think I'm mentally stable and was prepared, the reality of having frames on my legs and the prospect of being stuck in them for nearly a year overwhelmed me. I cannot imagine what my state of mind would have been if a serious complication had occurred during or right after surgery.

The Kaiser

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2017, 04:07:35 AM »

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, you're completely right. I'm fortunate enough to have had a few girlfriends and a few girl's interests, and even if I was younger, they've been good experiences.

My uncle (never been married, never had a long-term relationship) is a truck driver and many of his truck driving friend's have never felt a woman's touch or have never felt wanted/desired. It's a pretty sad existence, but they are able to power through it with strippers, working girls, and alcohol I guess. I wonder how many men go through life like that, especially in the modern day.

Hey Captain, whats your height if i may ask.

i know some people like your uncle and his friends, trust me they have a happier life than millions. If they like their days then they're fine. chatting and hanging out with friends is more important that a relationship with a whore, they help you in your hard time while she's .........
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up