Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Depression among LLers  (Read 11523 times)

notimportant

Depression among LLers
« on: January 05, 2017, 10:59:35 PM »

I've noticed that many of you short guys are depressed for being short. I'm myself depressed but not to the point of thinking about suicide.
My question is: if you had LL and got complications, would you be strong enough to overcome them? If you are depressed for being short, what would it happen if you get crippled for life or had some serious sequels? Would you kill yourselves?
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

TheLichKing

Re: Depression among LLers
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2017, 11:15:11 PM »

First that happens when :-

a) You go to a cheap inexperienced surgeon.
b) You lengthen way beyond the safe limits.

Second, utmost priority should always be a good reputable surgeon and you must know the conscience of safe lengthening limits.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 11:54:39 PM by Desktopx »
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 11:41:30 PM »

I think depression is unfortunately a sort of natural response to something like short stature. Unfortunately when you are short you become more aware of how height influences people's quality of life. It then gets to the stage that you realise that despite your other qualities you have to work a lot lot harder than taller people to get noticed/recognition etc. The dating this is by far the most frustrating.

Choose a reputable doctor and do not overdo the lengthening and the risks are a lot smaller. The people who have hurt themselves are generally those who have gone for the cheaper options and lengthened to 'ideal' amounts as opposed to safe amounts. Yes 3-4" is ideal in a lot of cases but 2-2.5" is most people's limit.

Another issue with depression is that boredom can make it a lot lot worse and you will be bored during this process make no mistake about it, you will also not sleep well especially with external fixators, this usually means lying awake thinking winding yourself up.

I fully understand why a lot of guys would contemplate suicide over height unfortunately.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 11:54:48 PM »

If some freak accident happens doing 5cm internal femurs with Paley I'll just smile, laugh, and resign to my fates. I mean seriously what are the odds of not only losing the genetic lottery so harshly but also winning the complication lottery? In the <.01% chance I end up in a wheelchair I will feel pretty appeased rolling through the rest of my life.

notimportant

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2017, 12:00:49 AM »

Usernames like 6Feetordie make me cry. Also those posts about committing suicide
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2017, 12:16:10 AM »

Would you kill yourselves?

Meh, life is a piece of crap anyways. I highly doubt that i will live before getting money for LL.
Shame that someone can't pull the trigger for me.

But as mentioned already, odds of getting crippled(if you are reasonable) are pretty low.

Bander72

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 01:04:41 AM »

Meh, life is a piece of crap anyways. I highly doubt that i will live before getting money for LL.
Shame that someone can't pull the trigger for me.

But as mentioned already, odds of getting crippled(if you are reasonable) are pretty low.

You seem like a very intelligent person man. I'm sure you will be able to get the money that you need. Have you considered going for a cheaper but reputable doc like parihar?
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

onemorefoot

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2017, 01:10:56 AM »

Dollar is too expensive, almost the same as euro. Salaries stay the same, what should we do? I dont think somebody is ok with the idea of waiting 6 or more years for LL.
Budget will determine my future.

TheLichKing

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2017, 01:20:16 AM »

Dollar is too expensive, almost the same as euro. Salaries stay the same, what should we do? I dont think somebody is ok with the idea of waiting 6 or more years for LL.

Canadian Dollar is weaker than last few years tho. (I live in Canada) and employment here is rather saturated. (Hard to get jobs compared to US) I'm 23 and half way through my 3rd year of bachelors so I can expect 5 more years since I will also need to pay down my student loan after finding a job but I'm ok with it because atleast there is sense of security that cheap but reliable LL options exists like Parihar, let alone the surgery itself. Imagine if there was no LL, that would be HELL.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2017, 01:30:54 AM »

Canadian Dollar is weaker than last few years tho. (I live in Canada) and employment here is rather saturated. (Hard to get jobs compared to US) I'm 23 and half way through my 3rd year of bachelors so I can expect 5 more years since I will also need to pay down my student loan after finding a job but I'm ok with it because atleast there is sense of security that cheap but reliable LL options exists like Parihar, let alone the surgery itself. Imagine if there was no LL, that would be HELL.

That is a world I could not exist in. Ever since I was 16 I knew I would have to get LL in order to be considered a man and a viable option in the dating market. A lot of people, even Iamready, have been thinking about LL for 10+ years.

If there wasn't any LL I think I would just get really good at science and pull a Newton honestly. And hope that no one would ever write too many mean thing s about my height despite my great achievements. (Honestly doubtable)

onemorefoot

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2017, 01:36:22 AM »

If this surgery didnt exist, many of us would consider drastic options in my opinion. Imagine a guy who is 5 2", what the hell he would  do if LL didnt exist???? Even if he is handsome, rich, etc. Lets face reality.

TheLichKing

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2017, 01:43:14 AM »

If there really was no LL, I would:-

a) Wear lifts all my life. or
b) Suicide. or
c) Become an orthopedic doctor or scientist and work on developing a way to become taller, every single day for the rest of my life.

I say LL is a God sent procedure for short people who want to become taller, praise the lord! No amount of praise can be enough.

Bander72

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2017, 01:48:07 AM »

Well I think 5"5 -5"7 guys would moan and complain but they would learn to deal with it and used elevator shoes. But it would be worse than hell for the 5"4 and below guys who will have a lot of women taller than them.

onemorefoot

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2017, 01:48:24 AM »

Another problem that I see is that if you want this surgery you cant use lifts, is that true (for tibia LL)?

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2017, 01:48:47 AM »

^ Lol you guys make me laugh.

Yeah, really without it you would just have to dig your head deep into the books or other hobbies and try to distract yourself from social and sxxual fulfillment (which is tough, because at our primal level, as humans, those are the things we yearn for the most).

TIBIKE200

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 01:50:44 AM »

^ Lol you guys make me laugh.

Yeah, really without it you would just have to dig your head deep into books or other hobbies and try to distract yourself from social and sxxual fulfillment (which is tough, because at our primal level, as humans, those are the things we yearn for the most).

You did state in another thread that you manage to pull more women than alot of 6' guys you know though... So you surely know that height IS exaggerated in this forum...
I learned some stuff during this time

Bander72

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 01:51:07 AM »

Another problem that I see is that if you want this surgery you cant use lifts, is that true (for tibia LL)?

Lifts are the precursor to LL. They say to make sure to wait a couple of months of recovery before using lifts again.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 01:52:04 AM »

Well I think 5"5 -5"7 guys would moan and complain but they would learn to deal with it and used elevator shoes. But it would be worse than hell for the 5"4 and below guys who will have a lot of women taller than them.

You are a 5'9 guy. What's your deal? (no offense though)

onemorefoot

« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 01:52:22 AM »

Are you sure Captain? I am quite sure that many people are still alive becuase of this, specially the very short ones.

onemorefoot

« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 01:54:17 AM »

But I read that lifts can be bad if you want your tibia to be lengthened, maybe is wrong.

TheLichKing

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2017, 01:54:52 AM »

Yea I say much MUCH worse for guys below 5'5. I can't even imagine that, it's already so bad at 5'6 lol.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2017, 01:55:42 AM »

You did state in another thread that you manage to pull more women than alot of 6' guys you know though... So you surely know that height IS exaggerated in this forum...

Of course. But it's with weeks of playing friends, showing them all the stuff I do, and taking really good care of myself. I don't know anyone else my age who is as put together. My lifestyle is pretty immaculate lol. And even after these weeks sometimes the girls don't even like me.

When I was 13-14 it was very different. Girls liked me initially because everyone was still growing.

It's a completely different feeling. Having a girl like you in spite of your height, and having a girl like you.

I could never cold approach a girl and take her home at this height. and i consider myself pretty smooth. But at 5'8-9? Definitely.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2017, 01:57:03 AM »

And I was referring to the 6 foot recluses who fail with women because they only play LoL all day and have no aspirations and drink excessive soda everyday and have bad acne. Oh if only they knew what I would give to exchange a few inches lol...

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2017, 02:00:34 AM »

I've hadn't girls sit next to me in lecture and give me their snapchats and act really flirty and tell me how they've heard about me only to have their demeanor COMPLETELY change once we start walking. The look on their face is hilarious and they never reply to my snaps. Such is life I suppose. This has happened twice already and I'm barely in my first semester lol.

Bander72

« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2017, 02:00:50 AM »

You are a 5'9 guy. What's your deal? (no offense though)

Which is why i am not putting myself in the category. It be delusional to say my life is over if there is no LL. I just always wanted to be 6 foot and that's what my pediatrician said I would grow to 5"11. And my old oneitis was my height barefoot  I had to use lifts to not feel like less of a man. I think personal low self esteem has contributed to this mentality of mines.

Bander72

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2017, 02:04:11 AM »

But I read that lifts can be bad if you want your tibia to be lengthened, maybe is wrong.

I think can make the procedure more painful. My calfs hurt more know using them but I noticed that it has happened now that im a lot more overweight. When I was skinnier I never felt anything besides the foot being sore occasionally.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2017, 02:04:52 AM »

And I was referring to the 6 foot recluses who fail with women because they only play LoL all day and have no aspirations and drink excessive soda everyday and have bad acne. Oh if only they knew what I would give to exchange a few inches lol...

Not just recluses though you know... Even ugly ones, out of shape ones or just  ty personality ones... There are so many losers in all height ranges... It's pretty amazing how so few of men know how to get it going with women you would be amazed... I think that you should not think "I am doing great despite of my height" but rather "I am doing great because I am great". Sure, the added height will make you appear more sexually appealing, but women are not men. They dont have the same sex drive and are not hungry for sex as much as we are... They can go on for weeks and even months without masturabating or doing sex (unlike us men).

With all that said, you will surely have more success with women after LL but you shouldnt feel  ty because as I said earlier, you are doing great because you are great... Nothing more to add or to substract...

Dont let the height thingy get you down and keep living just like other LLers did till you get your chance

TIBIKE200

« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2017, 02:07:53 AM »

Which is why i am not putting myself in the category. It be delusional to say my life is over if there is no LL. I just always wanted to be 6 foot and that's what my pediatrician said I would grow to 5"11. And my old oneitis was my height barefoot  I had to use lifts to not feel like less of a man. I think personal low self esteem has contributed to this mentality of mines.

ohhh... Oneitis... Been there... Horrible experience. It sure does gives a painful blow to your self esteem. My father called it the "rite of passage" from childhood to real manhood. You are not a man till your heart has been scarred by a woman. Once the healing is done though you get much much stronger... I can say this from personal experience

Bander72

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2017, 02:09:06 AM »

I've hadn't girls sit next to me in lecture and give me their snapchats and act really flirty and tell me how they've heard about me only to have their demeanor COMPLETELY change once we start walking. The look on their face is hilarious and they never reply to my snaps. Such is life I suppose. This has happened twice already and I'm barely in my first semester lol.

TheLichKing

« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2017, 02:16:20 AM »

I hate to think what would happen from a good conversation while sitting down only to stand up and she finds out how short one is. By the way, how tall are you ? (if you don't mind me asking)

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2017, 02:20:40 AM »

Not just recluses though you know... Even ugly ones, out of shape ones or just crapty personality ones... There are so many losers in all height ranges... It's pretty amazing how so few of men know how to get it going with women you would be amazed... I think that you should not think "I am doing great despite of my height" but rather "I am doing great because I am great". Sure, the added height will make you appear more sxxually appealing, but women are not men. They dont have the same sxx drive and are not hungry for sxx as much as we are... They can go on for weeks and even months without masturabating or doing sxx (unlike us men).

With all that said, you will surely have more success with women after LL but you shouldnt feel crapty because as I said earlier, you are doing great because you are great... Nothing more to add or to substract...

Dont let the height thingy get you down and keep living just like other LLers did till you get your chance

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement, you're completely right. I'm fortunate enough to have had a few girlfriends and a few girl's interests, and even if I was younger, they've been good experiences.

My uncle (never been married, never had a long-term relationship) is a truck driver and many of his truck driving friend's have never felt a woman's touch or have never felt wanted/desired. It's a pretty sad existence, but they are able to power through it with strippers, prostitutes, and alcohol I guess. I wonder how many men go through life like that, especially in the modern day.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up