Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lenghtening tibias or femur?  (Read 1739 times)

drtruman

lenghtening tibias or femur?
« on: January 28, 2018, 08:08:14 PM »

I am 177.5 cm, italian, and I would like to be around 182 cm. I have been obsessed by my height for years. I dont know what is the best, safest, simplest option out there. I am planning to go to Russia because they said they have the best doctors for the price. this is me, http://i66.tinypic.com/ogylbn.jpg
Should I longer tibias or femur? I cannot figure out which one would look best in my case. I would say Tibias but I am not sure. Remember i would increase only 4 cm. Thanks

Android

Re: lenghtening tibias or femur?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 08:41:33 PM »

Go with tibias. It'll be a more comfortable experience, and 4 cm isn't too much so proportions won't matter as much.

Edit: I just realized you posted this too, just reread that. Not sure why you posted such a similar topic again.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

drtruman

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 08:46:15 PM »

Go with tibias. It'll be a more comfortable experience, and 4 cm isn't too much so proportions won't matter as much.

Edit: I just realized you posted this too, just reread that. Not sure why you posted such a similar topic again.

OK maybe i was wrong but it looked like a different subject for me. In the other topic i talk about type of operation, costs, et cetera....anyway, you are right, sorry.

Why are tibias a more comfortable experience? thanks

Android

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 09:05:30 PM »

No problem.

First imagine frames on your tibias for several months. Getting around the apartment, getting in the car to get x-rays, doing physical therapy, going to the bathroom.

Now imagine frames on your femurs. Even without doing it, you can imagine it being a worse experience, because it's hard to even sit. Harder to walk, since you can't spread your thighs as much as you can your lower legs.

This is why if you're doing one pair of segments with external frames, you're better off doing tibias. If you're doing internals like PRECICE, femurs are preferred since you can lengthen more with less complications.

Since you're only lengthening 4 cm and cost is important to you, external tibias is recommended. If you want to speed up the process, do it with LATN or LON.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

drtruman

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 10:51:34 PM »

No problem.

First imagine frames on your tibias for several months. Getting around the apartment, getting in the car to get x-rays, doing physical therapy, going to the bathroom.

Now imagine frames on your femurs. Even without doing it, you can imagine it being a worse experience, because it's hard to even sit. Harder to walk, since you can't spread your thighs as much as you can your lower legs.

This is why if you're doing one pair of segments with external frames, you're better off doing tibias. If you're doing internals like PRECICE, femurs are preferred since you can lengthen more with less complications.

Since you're only lengthening 4 cm and cost is important to you, external tibias is recommended. If you want to speed up the process, do it with LATN or LON.

thank you very much for information, I dont have the time to search in the forum for ages the exact info i was looking and you put it all here together. Withouth this, I could have done the wrong choice. I really need to speed up the process and I am quite sure i will do the operation abroad. I have doubts where exactely to do it, who could be a doctor who has a history of good tibias with LATN/LON and is quite cheap? i have read some names frequently, like Solomin (i am in contact with his collegue Kulesh now), Mitkovic and Barinov. Who could be the best in my case? I would have gone for Russia but I am scared because i need Visa, i have heard they dont speak english, i dont know how the hospital is... anyway I would have right now the money they want for hospital, its very cheap.

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 01:18:17 AM »

From your pic your tibias look long enough and you should better do femurs.
But as I see you don't have money because you look for Russian doctors and Mitkovic who are at the lower end of prices so tibias is your only choice.
Anyway for 4-5cm your tibias won't look bad but it is stupid to risk your legs going to doctors in third world countries while you are completely average.

Imo, find more money and do internal femurs or as a second choice external tibias (although your proportions won't be very good as your tibias are long comoared to your femurs) in a serious doctor. If you don't have money don't do LL, you don't need it after all.

Misoru

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 04:27:33 AM »

But as I see you don't have money because you look for Russian doctors and Mitkovic who are at the lower end of prices so tibias is your only choice.
Anyway for 4-5cm your tibias won't look bad but it is stupid to risk your legs going to doctors in third world countries while you are completely average.

Imo, find more money and do internal femurs or as a second choice external tibias (although your proportions won't be very good as your tibias are long comoared to your femurs) in a serious doctor. If you don't have money don't do LL, you don't need it after all.

If he only wants to do one surgery and has a budget then why would he wait to do femur for years when he can do the surgery quicker and be done with it.  I guess then you did not need ll bodybuilder since you did not wait for femur or ever talk about the doctor you went to.

And how is Russia lumped as third world with ll when it's the birthplace of it.  Not all doctors are cheap there as barinov charges way more than 10k and is good with latn.

drtruman

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 08:06:32 PM »

why you call Russia third world country? It is not. It is, for what I know, the place where the same concect of LL started, and has a long history of good scientists (and as such, medics). We are not talking of Africa, but Russia. Please, explain me why I should make the same procedure with other more expensive doctors when guys like Kulesh and Solomin are well known, experienced and good for what I have read here.

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 08:21:36 PM »

why you call Russia third world country? It is not. It is, for what I know, the place where the same concect of LL started, and has a long history of good scientists (and as such, medics). We are not talking of Africa, but Russia. Please, explain me why I should make the same procedure with other more expensive doctors when guys like Kulesh and Solomin are well known, experienced and good for what I have read here.

You can do it in Russia, but it looks like you only informed yourself about the price. And paying more for better doctors is always worth it with a permanent, life changing procedure like this.

How do you envision your LL in Russia?

drtruman

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 09:10:56 PM »

You can do it in Russia, but it looks like you only informed yourself about the price. And paying more for better doctors is always worth it with a permanent, life changing procedure like this.

How do you envision your LL in Russia?

Just as I would imagine it in Germany or Italy, but in Russia? the only problem would be the language, but I guess that technology (google translator) will help me

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2018, 07:52:31 PM »

I think this third world , first world is bull crap. If you have money or live in nice areas in a country you live ultra first class lifestyle, can afford best of all - best doctors, care, celebrity physios, if you live in a  hole place and are broke in a a country, no matter which country it is you live like an insignificant ant/subhuman. It is a fact - there are 2 kind of people and 2 kin of worlds rich and poor. I have seen poor people in Finland and Switzerland (so called 1st world) living like outcasts, begging, collecting garbage and have also seen ultra richs in China and India (3rd world) live like royalty. At the end what matters is how wealthy you as an individual are.

Android

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2018, 10:13:51 PM »

OP also mentioned Dr. Solomin and Dr. Kulesh, which means St. Petersburg. Can't speak for all of Russia since it's so huge, but SPB is quite cosmopolitan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up