Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does LL pain actually feel like? Can you prevent the worst of it?  (Read 1709 times)

Theman6

• Visitor

I want to do LL but I am honestly terrified that the pain will be so bad I might want too die or go insane. I have been stretching and working out and preparing myself mentally and physically but still nervous. Is the pain a sharp stabbing pain? Or a heavy dull ache. If you are very flexible and athletic can you prevent horrid pain? How do you push through it?

Bigpoppapump

Re: What does LL pain actually feel like? Can you prevent the worst of it?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 03:08:40 AM »

Pain is pretty bad at times it can vary and will be different for everybody. External ilizarov frames are extremely uncomfortable and even when the pain settles you won't be 100% pain free until the frames are removed and you get the metal out of your body. I'm consolidating in external frames on tibias and it's extremely uncomfortable

I'd advise people to avoid doing external frames if you can't sleep on your back, people who have very strong thick calves shouldn't do it either as stretching thick muscle fibres and tendons is a lot worse. Ilizarov frames are heavy as well they are not lightweight and they put your knees under a lot of pressure

TheLichKing

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 03:32:05 AM »

Pain is pretty bad at times it can vary and will be different for everybody. External ilizarov frames are extremely uncomfortable and even when the pain settles you won't be 100% pain free until the frames are removed and you get the metal out of your body. I'm consolidating in external frames on tibias and it's extremely uncomfortable

I'd advise people to avoid doing external frames if you can't sleep on your back, people who have very strong thick calves shouldn't do it either as stretching thick muscle fibres and tendons is a lot worse. Ilizarov frames are heavy as well they are not lightweight and they put your knees under a lot of pressure

What difference do the Hybrid External Fixators make compared to the pure if you are aware of any? Would LON be a better option even though it has a higher risk of perm knee pain?
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

Theman6

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2017, 04:18:35 AM »

I wouldnt do external not even consider it. I am talking about pain for an internal femur method. If someone could please reply that would be great I am trying too plan and prepare for my journey.

Penguinn

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2017, 05:36:20 AM »

It varies, and be assured your legs will feel very, very heavy and get lighter over weeks as your muscles grow stronger.  Some people had pretty bad pain and some's experiences were pretty much painless. I got lucky in that regard. I don't even remember what the pain felt like and I've never seen anyone here type "I regretted doing LL simply because of the pain I experienced". I wouldn't worry too much about it if I were you. You'll get painkillers. You can prevent muscle pain by slowly working through it with physiotherapy. If you slack there, your muscles will get weaker, even vibrate and ache.
Pages: [1]   Go Up