Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lenghtening with Dr Guichet 2017  (Read 73217 times)

The Kaiser

Re: Limb Lenghtening with Dr Guichet 2017
« Reply #155 on: May 25, 2017, 12:44:30 AM »

I'm only about 3 months post op so I mini jumped to please/shut up Dr Guichet. It was scary... I will not do it again until I'm fully fused haha.

If you walk almost normally, what does fully fused means to a full weight barring nail, what the difference it will make you think? Do you consider fully fused an 80% recovered or more?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #156 on: May 25, 2017, 01:50:17 AM »

Fully fused means that your bone is consolidated and is as strong as it was before LL. The weight bearing nail means that it can support your weight without relying on your bone formation. For Gnail its 80 kg per nail. But the fact that it supports my weight enough for me to walk doesnt mean that there are no restrictions: i cant leg press or squat for example.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

onemorefoot

« Reply #157 on: May 25, 2017, 02:36:49 AM »

160 kg is the weight limit of g-nail?
Budget will determine my future.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2017, 03:18:39 AM »

Yes one of the patients told me that but I never confirmed with Dr Guichet. Still he made me stand up on one leg the second week after surgery so I know it handled my 65 kg without problems
Went from 164 to 170 cm

The Kaiser

« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2017, 12:15:43 PM »

how money months you expect your bone will fully consolidated?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2017, 06:00:22 PM »

On average 4-6 months for femur consolidations, so about 2 months for me. However, the old guy who was 183 and lengthened 5 cm consolidated only 2 months and a half after surgery!! So it depends...
Went from 164 to 170 cm

The Kaiser

« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2017, 09:58:02 AM »

On average 4-6 months for femur consolidations, so about 2 months for me. However, the old guy who was 183 and lengthened 5 cm consolidated only 2 months and a half after surgery!! So it depends...

Is there any feeling right now makes you uncomfortable ( pain, stiffens...... etc)?

what the things you cant do right now you was able before surgery (other than running, jumping, taking stairs) ?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2017, 05:27:04 PM »

Yes, lately I feel pain in the lateral part of the knee where the tendons are, the first minutes after I start walking. As I walk more it reduces and then I only feel a little stiffness but it's annoying. It is more severe in the morning, specially nowadays because I sleep 8-9 hours without stop. During lengthening I used to sleep 6-7 hours and frequently woke up to stretch at 3 AM.

Nothing, only running, jumping and doing weight training. I don't dare to pick up things from the floor, I use my foot to pick it up half the way and then use my hand haha.

For stairs the small ones I manage without crutches. I'm being overly careful because the rest of the patients started using the stairs without support 3 weeks after stopping lengthening.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #163 on: June 03, 2017, 07:42:25 PM »

Officially left crutches completely  ;D
Went from 164 to 170 cm

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #164 on: June 04, 2017, 12:41:58 AM »

Good ! I have a question :  When will you remove the nails ?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #165 on: June 04, 2017, 01:46:25 AM »

I don't know I think it's 2 years after surgery. I also don't know what I will be doing at the time or if my life  will allow me to travel to Milan for the surgery.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

The Kaiser

« Reply #166 on: June 04, 2017, 03:50:37 AM »

I don't know I think it's 2 years after surgery. I also don't know what I will be doing at the time or if my life  will allow me to travel to Milan for the surgery.

Most doctors said removal surgery will not affect you, but i don't know why Guichet said you have to relax for three weeks, what you think and why?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #167 on: June 04, 2017, 03:12:40 PM »

In theory it shouldn't have an effect since the bone is already fully consolidated and the nail is not supporting your weight. However maybe removing the nail can damage the bone. Knowing Dr Guichet, even if he doesn't know what is happening, he probably has had patients with post removal fracture especially in the first 3 weeks (I didn't know you had to relax for 3 weeks) so that's why he makes that recommendation.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2017, 03:28:45 AM »

Not ready yet for the world outside. Today I met with an old friend and the first words she said to me were "you are walking a little bit weird and you are taller, what have you done" :(

Well, she is a girl and a med student so maybe she is more observant than most people. Still, it seems I'm not ready for society yet :(
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2017, 03:33:10 AM »

Not ready yet for the world outside. Today I met with an old friend and the first words she said to me were "you are walking a little bit weird and you are taller, what have you done" :(

Well, she is a girl and a med student so maybe she is more observant than most people. Still, it seems I'm not ready for society yet :(
Hope She doesnt know what you did yet, but when time is time what Will you say to the people you meet?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2017, 03:52:01 AM »

Hope She doesnt know what you did yet, but when time is time what Will you say to the people you meet?

I told her the complete truth, she is a close friend. Anyhow, I know worse things and secrets about her. My surgery is small issue by comparison  ;D ;D

I'll tell them it's the European air, more refined and clean, or maybe a late growth spurt. I don't have to give explanations to anyone. However, it's more difficult to hide these things from people who know medicine... they catch up to lies faster

Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #171 on: June 16, 2017, 03:59:50 AM »

Late growth spurts are great xd, you should stay hidden till you can walk normally, would be easier to fool fools.

The Kaiser

« Reply #172 on: June 16, 2017, 06:19:46 AM »

I told her the complete truth, she is a close friend. Anyhow, I know worse things and secrets about her. My surgery is small issue by comparison  ;D ;D

I'll tell them it's the European air, more refined and clean, or maybe a late growth spurt. I don't have to give explanations to anyone. However, it's more difficult to hide these things from people who know medicine... they catch up to lies faster

what about other people not know medicine, how you fool them what you gonna say?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2017, 03:04:59 AM »

Help :( pain on the lateral side of my knee after being in the gym... hurts much when i flex my knee  :'(
Went from 164 to 170 cm

yagen

« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2017, 07:17:10 AM »

You have to go to PT for a review, but you can try this.

Good luck

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2017, 11:09:31 PM »

Thanks, yagen. Actually, today I woke up much better. I think I overtrained, so I will skip the gym today and tomorrow. I would love to go to a PT, but the doctor told me not to because they do not understand the surgery and may apply force to your femur and broke it. Apparently, it has happened many times before. So I am waiting for a fully consolidated bone and then I will start a proper physiotherapy.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

alps

« Reply #176 on: June 23, 2017, 03:43:08 AM »

But aren't your bones fully consolidated now? How would they break at the hands of a PT?

onemorefoot

« Reply #177 on: June 23, 2017, 03:57:44 AM »

But aren't your bones fully consolidated now? How would they break at the hands of a PT?
Stress fracture

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #178 on: June 23, 2017, 04:09:59 AM »

Actually, a stress fracture occurs when you repeatedly apply force to your lower limbs (e.g running) but due to the stiffness of the muscles it doesn't absorb the impact and it goes to the bone. In the end, it may crack.

But no, alps. I don't know if my bones are fully consolidated. My last post op x-ray was at 2 months after surgery. In one week time, I will take a more recent x-ray (4 months post op), hopefully, it will show that my bones are consolidated. Or maybe I'm not that lucky who knows?

I was talking about the possibility of being mishandled by the PT, sometimes they do passive mobilization of the limbs which may be dangerous.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2017, 04:21:06 AM »

Programm didnt run And and had a fracture, maybe was for ak early removal, nobody seems to know.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #180 on: June 23, 2017, 04:42:54 AM »

Programm didnt run And and had a fracture, maybe was for ak early removal, nobody seems to know.

Program had the fracture post removal, but duly noted :O
Went from 164 to 170 cm

GOODLUCK

• Visitor
« Reply #181 on: June 25, 2017, 05:23:12 AM »

Just curious, why "female" & "asian" are two risk factors? Any scientific explanation?

onemorefoot

« Reply #182 on: June 25, 2017, 06:39:13 AM »

Because especially after menopause their bone density is lower than before, also asian people have a pattern of consolidation that is not the best And have lower bone density than other races like black. Maybe if the surgery is done in very Young women, the factor of menopause can be eliminated, this obviously increases the chance of a fracture.

The Kaiser

« Reply #183 on: June 25, 2017, 09:03:48 AM »

Late growth spurts are great xd, you should stay hidden till you can walk normally, would be easier to fool fools.

what if someone did LL at 26, will people believe him? I think they will just be shocked then deal with it because they know nothing about LL

onemorefoot

« Reply #184 on: June 25, 2017, 05:41:36 PM »

what if someone did LL at 26, will people believe him? I think they will just be shocked then deal with it because they know nothing about LL
Then is more difficult, use some lifts before to minimize the difference before And after, normally people are not that intelligent, although there are bright ones.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2017, 08:22:42 PM »

This is something a little bit unexplainable but I used to wear 5 cm tall shoes + 1-2 cm insole. However after lengthening just 1 inch, I "felt" much taller than with my shoes. Now with my 6 - 6.5 cm gain, I look better and taller than with my shoes. I think it's because of the illusion that longer legs give.

2 weeks ago I met with a friend who is a med and she immediately noticed I was taller and walked a little bit stiff. One week ago, I met with my uncle. While he never saw me walk, because I asked my brother to distract him until I sat, he saw me standing next to him and stared at me and then at my shoes. I don't know if he noticed I was taller.

Guys forget it, unless you are around idiots, people WILL notice.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up