Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lenghtening with Dr Guichet 2017  (Read 73219 times)

notimportant

Re: Limb Lenghtening with Dr Guichet 2017
« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2017, 08:46:06 PM »

Of course I'm right. Many silent patients not registered here or just logged and read and say nothing but some had terrible outcomes due to doctor negligence and they Stockholm syndrome and sy nothing
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2017, 09:00:37 PM »

It is very important for us as a community to learn the true face of limb lengthening, to identify ourselves as a high risk or low risk patient and to make a decision based on facts. For the moment, I as a patient will tell you what I've been through without lies!
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

helloworld

« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2017, 09:04:34 PM »

I agree with Unicorn and notimportant.
If something goes wrong it would be kind of hard to talk about it in a public forum.
Luckily for me everything went OK so far, so I just tell the truth in my diary.
If something goes wrong and the doctor reacts well, like in my case, with the implant failure, a patient can openly share it. But if the doctor does not react well, then what do you do, write the negative truth, or keep quiet?

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

yyes

« Reply #65 on: March 06, 2017, 09:22:09 PM »

It is very important for us as a community to learn the true face of limb lengthening, to identify ourselves as a high risk or low risk patient and to make a decision based on facts. For the moment, I as a patient will tell you what I've been through without lies!

What's a high risk or low risk patient? How do you determine that?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2017, 09:38:39 PM »

Helloword. I believe you should tell the hard truth, for the sake of everyone else and what is just.

Yyes. From what I understand, risks factors for bad  lengthening are age, female, no physical activity, anything that alters bone quality, poor elasticity, high target (more than 6 cm) etc.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

notimportant

« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2017, 10:13:35 PM »

Helloworld your doctor is famous for bad results and bad reactions to posts in this forum and I have proofs from many people. Your nail failed and you had many surgeries but you are OK now, right? But what about Musicmaker after 3 years? She hasn't recovered yet. Fitbone and your doctor have ruined some people's lives including Cooper, Musicmaker, the teenage guy, the American guy? and many others. There are bad cases in other German and French doctors but in Spain it's worse and the system doesn't protect you from negligences.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

TIBIKE200

« Reply #68 on: March 06, 2017, 10:53:43 PM »

Helloworld your doctor is famous for bad results and bad reactions to posts in this forum and I have proofs from many people. Your nail failed and you had many surgeries but you are OK now, right? But what about Musicmaker after 3 years? She hasn't recovered yet. Fitbone and your doctor have ruined some people's lives including Cooper, Musicmaker, the teenage guy, the American guy? and many others. There are bad cases in other German and French doctors but in Spain it's worse and the system doesn't protect you from negligences.

This is a clone account of a banned user. Why he isn't getting banned again?
I learned some stuff during this time

Ozymandias

« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2017, 10:54:20 PM »

I'm not Lluser

Auron

« Reply #70 on: March 06, 2017, 11:20:07 PM »

This guy is like a broken record.

yyes

« Reply #71 on: March 06, 2017, 11:26:03 PM »

Helloword. I believe you should tell the hard truth, for the sake of everyone else and what is just.

Yyes. From what I understand, risks factors for bad  lengthening are age, female, no physical activity, anything that alters bone quality, poor elasticity, high target (more than 6 cm) etc.

I am 5'8, play soccer regularly and am looking to add 2 inches. My biggest fear is death and amputation. Thank you for giving me peace of mind. Lol

Body Builder

« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2017, 02:07:25 AM »

First of all Spain is in EU like Germany, France etc so you can go to courts of EU if the courts of Spain doesn't protect you (which I don't believe as it is a first world country with serious courts).

And secondly, you keep mentioning how bad is Monegal in every of your posts.
Where is Guichet better tham Monegal in your opinion?
He charges about the double money from Monegal and he uses an obsolete nail compared to fitbone, so his prices are way worse than Monegal's.
He also had a lot of bad cases like unicorns and generally he suggests a very fast lengthening rate (1mm per day) and allows many times for lengthenings like 9-10 cm which is too much for any patient in one segment, while Monegal had some bad cases too but generally he suggests lengthening at a slower rate and doesn't allow lengthening more than 8 cm (after all fitbone can't go more than that).

So Not important, you keep tellimg us tha Monegal is a bad doctor and you have some points, although I don't think that from all the diaries of his patients I read that I agree with you.
Tell us now about Guichet. Taken in mind the ridiculous prices he charges and the many bad outcomes of his patients we've seen (where he never admits any fault of his), what is your opinion about him?
Is he a better doctor compared to Monegal, and why?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2017, 06:51:22 PM »

I do NOT absolutely support or make publicity for Dr Guichet. I believe he lacks a lot in patient care. The only points I have to say is: I weight bear from day 1, I use a walker and after that I wear crutches. Weight bearing is thought to improve bone healing (you can read the papers in pubmed). The second thing is that I've seen patients who started lengthening while I was doing the pre training, and are now walking without crutches, with minimal-none gait problems (less than 60 days post op for 6 cm). However I won't compare doctors, simply because I don't know Dr Monegal. I didn't even take him into consideration while making this decision.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2017, 09:03:56 PM »

Today is my 12th day post op: Basically my days are PT in the morning and PT in the afternoon with clicks 3 times a day. I feel stiffness when I stay in the same position for 15 minutes, or when i fall asleep. Pain is minimum to moderate but I take Paracetamol 400 mg + Tramadol 37.5 mg 3 times a day. Only complications is that I have a little duck ass that I can correct if I want to, and split legs.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2017, 09:13:48 PM »

How much have you lengthened thus far LLSouthAmerica and what do you mean by split legs? Your pain sounds manageable, is the condition you are in different from how you imagined it would be?

Thanks.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2017, 09:21:48 PM »

Hi 682. I'm around 2.7 cm now. I mean that my IT bands are stiff and try to pull my legs apart (as in a wider stand). Sorry if I'm not explaining myself correctly. Today I began to use crutches but still feel like they are unstable so I favor the walker. Not at all, it is exactly as I imagined. However, I'm very nervous about the future. My first control X ray is in 3 days.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

The Kaiser

« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2017, 01:38:05 AM »

Yes it was an inhanced reaction to the morphine. I hated it. Today is my post op 6 and I am 1.5 cm taller. This week almost all the patients I met a month before when I arrived for the pre op training are leaving and starting to walk without crutches. The best case I saw, in 55 days post Op he was walking with almost no gait abnormalities. Lucky him. I hope to be like him.

Do you have an idea how much he lengthened? I mean the guy who walk normally just 55 days post operation?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2017, 10:51:03 AM »

He lengthened 6 cm, apparently it is the lucky number for us Dr Guichet's patients. According to him, he still walks like a penguin (side to side) but I don't notice it much. He already returned to his country.
Today I took the Xrays 15 days post OP and there is bone formation! Only one month missing to be finally free of this madness!
Went from 164 to 170 cm

yagen

« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2017, 03:46:14 PM »

I posted wrong, sorry!!

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2017, 06:20:54 PM »

Post Op day 21: I feel some numbness in my left leg. I am already bored with this: Physiotherapy every day at morning, at evening. Last saturday we went to the pool. I also started to do elliptical. I'm 3.5 cm now.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

beedb9

• Visitor
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2017, 10:14:17 PM »

Post Op day 21: I feel some numbness in my left leg. I am already bored with this: Physiotherapy every day at morning, at evening. Last saturday we went to the pool. I also started to do elliptical. I'm 3.5 cm now.
Pool? Im not sure I would be comfortable with swimming at that point.. Do you have to?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2017, 05:22:44 PM »

Pool? Im not sure I would be comfortable with swimming at that point.. Do you have to?

I mean, you are an adult... you can do what you want. But why wouldn't you? It's the only fun I've had for weeks... Since the pool handles all your weight you can be free without worrying about "bending the needle", "breaking another bone" etc
Went from 164 to 170 cm

beedb9

• Visitor
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2017, 05:42:29 AM »

I think I would rather stay in bed and sleep lol

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2017, 12:03:38 PM »

I think I would rather stay in bed and sleep lol

Most of us can't sleep properly so that's not an option for us. Also, what's the point of having a weight bearing nail if you don't bear weight. Finally, if you stay motionless, you feel stiffness and over time you'll have reduced range of motion.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2017, 08:31:20 PM »

Day 30 post op. Nerve paresthesia is still there though is low in intensity. Pain is bearable, low-mid intensity and resolves with analgesic. Still a little pelvic tilt (duckass), I worry that it may cause me back problems afterwords. I am 4.3 cm. Today I took x rays
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2017, 08:38:29 PM »

I'm trying but can't upload the x rays
Went from 164 to 170 cm

The Kaiser

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2017, 10:23:06 PM »

Day 30 post op. Nerve paresthesia is still there though is low in intensity. Pain is bearable, low-mid intensity and resolves with analgesic. Still a little pelvic tilt (duckass), I worry that it may cause me back problems afterwords. I am 4.3 cm. Today I took x rays

LLSOuth do you consider Nerve paresthesia as a minor complication or its normal in LLer's mind?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2017, 09:48:44 PM »

LLSOuth do you consider Nerve paresthesia as a minor complication or its normal in LLer's mind?

To tell the truth when I started feeling paresthesia, I considered stopping lengthening. I even reduced the number of clicks and started taking vitamin B12 supplementation. The doctor assured me it is normal and very far from paralysis. Still, I was not satisfied and wanted to do an electromyography. After speaking with a lot of past patients, they all told me they felt numbness, electricity, stabbing , some in the same region as I. They all told me it stopped days after lengthening. Nowadays, the paresthesia is still there but not painful.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Bander72

« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2017, 06:41:22 AM »

How much are you lengthening a day? You say you did a x rays 4.3 seems like a lot for 30 days.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2017, 08:59:35 AM »

Immediately after surgery I increased 1 cm, then in the 2nd week I was at a rate of 1.3mm/day. 3rd week, 1 mm/day and since this week 0.6 mm/day. There was a time during which I increased 1 cm in less than 10 days. For my last 2 cm it will take about 3-4 weeks.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Bander72

« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2017, 09:16:59 AM »

Immediately after surgery I increased 1 cm, then in the 2nd week I was at a rate of 1.3mm/day. 3rd week, 1 mm/day and since this week 0.6 mm/day. There was a time during which I increased 1 cm in less than 10 days. For my last 2 cm it will take about 3-4 weeks.

1 cm in one go dam they probably did give you a lot of morphine then to block that pain.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #92 on: April 01, 2017, 03:59:15 PM »

1 cm in one go dam they probably did give you a lot of morphine then to block that pain.

Yes they did put me a lot. So much I didn't feel any pain the first day, but instead I puked every 5 minutes. They had to antagonize the morphine. The first 3 days I had paracetamol IV 1 gr every 8 hours and it worked perfectly. Pain was 4/10 at most. Afterwards, pain was moderate but reduced a lot with painkillers.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up