Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lenghtening with Dr Guichet 2017  (Read 73515 times)

onemorefoot

Re: Limb Lenghtening with Dr Guichet 2017
« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2017, 08:53:35 PM »

With lifts you can minimize It, not 100 but can do the effect less strong, and normally there are a lot of idiots outside, see the presidents we have, not Many people Will pay a lot of atention to that, just the first time or so.
Budget will determine my future.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2017, 09:04:06 PM »

You should be happy people notice :) It means you do actually look much taller
I learned some stuff during this time

Bander72

« Reply #188 on: June 25, 2017, 10:24:16 PM »

Very much noticeable where you are from as we know the Avg height in South America is much less than western nations.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Iamready

« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2017, 10:32:39 PM »

People definitely notice. I look like a completely different person.

GOODLUCK

• Visitor
« Reply #190 on: June 26, 2017, 04:32:56 AM »

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you do care about it, remove the 1-2cm insole, that would help. But anyway, what matters is that you seem to be fine without major complications, isn't it?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #191 on: June 26, 2017, 05:55:19 AM »

Seriously, I wouldn't worry about it at all. If you do care about it, remove the 1-2cm insole, that would help. But anyway, what matters is that you seem to be fine without major complications, isn't it?

Now for the sake of my feet and knees, I wear only normal shoes. It doesn't matter at all, as long as I walk fine and I recover steadily as until now. It's the other guys who are really fixated on if it is noticeable, what am I gonna say, etc. For the people close to me I'll say the truth, for the others, I don't have to give explanations.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

GOODLUCK

• Visitor
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »

Totally agreed! I haven't done the schedule and I am still wearing insoles. Insoles really suck but no choice for now.

onemorefoot

« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2017, 06:22:23 PM »

Do you send x-rays to Dr guitchet to ser your consolidation? Do you have any doc in South America that checks you aswell?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2017, 07:05:10 PM »

Do you send x-rays to Dr guitchet to ser your consolidation? Do you have any doc in South America that checks you aswell?

Since my 60 days post op x ray I haven't taken any other. Femur consolidation takes 4-6 months. I will take an x- ray tomorrow as I complete the 4 months post op.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #195 on: June 26, 2017, 07:15:43 PM »

I think you are not putting full weight as your femurs are not completely consolidated, I thought you had to have another doc in your country, but I am more quit becuase you only need to send x-rays.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #196 on: June 26, 2017, 08:01:09 PM »

I think you are not putting full weight as your femurs are not completely consolidated, I thought you had to have another doc in your country, but I am more quit becuase you only need to send x-rays.

what did you just say? hahaha
Went from 164 to 170 cm

onemorefoot

« Reply #197 on: June 26, 2017, 09:54:24 PM »

That you dont have another doctor in your country, you send images to your surgeon, he Will tell you when you are fully consolidated.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #198 on: June 27, 2017, 07:25:25 PM »

Yep, but haven't had the need to send him x-rays. Already when I left Milan, he told me I could do everything except running/sports. So that's the only limitation he told me. It was only my decision to use the crutches for a little bit longer and wait for further consolidation.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #199 on: July 03, 2017, 03:36:46 AM »

Hey guys, I am 100% back to everyday life. Unfortunately I can't go back to med school until next year so not much to do but pass the time. However, as of now, I am able to live a normal life to a point.

Unfortunately not everything is good because my consolidation is slower than my fellow lenghteners who did it around the same time as me. I have a very different pattern of consolidation in which the bone is not hypertrophic but healing occurs mostly when the bone originally was.

I post my xrays exactly 4 months post op. Please Penguinn if you can, check them out and tell me your opinion as this is also your pattern of consolidation.

http://imgur.com/R0gq3E1
http://imgur.com/mknXi7m
http://imgur.com/z65KELn
Went from 164 to 170 cm

The Kaiser

« Reply #200 on: July 03, 2017, 08:03:13 PM »

Hey guys, I am 100% back to everyday life. Unfortunately I can't go back to med school until next year so not much to do but pass the time. However, as of now, I am able to live a normal life to a point.

Unfortunately not everything is good because my consolidation is slower than my fellow lenghteners who did it around the same time as me. I have a very different pattern of consolidation in which the bone is not hypertrophic but healing occurs mostly when the bone originally was.

I post my xrays exactly 4 months post op. Please Penguinn if you can, check them out and tell me your opinion as this is also your pattern of consolidation.

http://imgur.com/R0gq3E1
http://imgur.com/mknXi7m
http://imgur.com/z65KELn

Am really happy to hear this great and positive news, you can enjoy every inch now haha. About med school why you can't attend now? and your fellow how many cm did they lengthened?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #201 on: July 05, 2017, 08:36:58 PM »

Thanks Kaiser! Because it's my year of internship and it starts on January 1st and ends on December 31st. I pretty much lost one year but it was what I intended. The majority of the people who lengthened at the same time as me did around 6 cm, but I knew guys who did from 5 to 8 cm. They all recovered very good and fast.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

TIBIKE200

« Reply #202 on: July 05, 2017, 08:39:16 PM »

I wonder, proportionally speaking, how does those 6cm look? Do your femurs look much longer or are 6cm a pretty subtle change?

Have you done mock-ups before? If so, does it look the same?

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #203 on: July 05, 2017, 10:15:01 PM »

Never cared too much about proportions, but I had short legs. After this 6 cm increase, I can finally wear jeans for adults without having to cut them (I'm still the smallest size though). My femurs look longer but not by a lot and better overall. According to Dr Guichet I would still have to lengthen 3 cm to get to the "perfect proportion" (which I don't care about) and my tibias are small for my size before lengthening so a lot smaller for my current height.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

Penguinn

« Reply #204 on: July 06, 2017, 06:26:28 AM »

This is my pattern of consolidation on my good (right) leg. On my left, I'm waiting for the callus on one side.

Looks awesome, you have callus on both sides on both legs. Rejoice ;D

helloworld

« Reply #205 on: July 06, 2017, 08:00:41 AM »

According to Dr Guichet I would still have to lengthen 3 cm to get to the "perfect proportion" (which I don't care about) and my tibias are small for my size before lengthening so a lot smaller for my current height.
THe "perfect proportions" of Guichet state femur should be 29% of total height! However, that seems too much. After lengthening my femur is 28%. And elsewhere I found 26% is average, 27% is ideal. Those numbers seem more realisitic.

"For men, average height is 1.76 m (5 feet, 9.5 inches) and for women 1.68 m (5 feet, 6.25 inches). In terms of anthropometrics, the length of the femur represents 29% of standing height, while the tibia represents 80% of femur length."
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

TIBIKE200

« Reply #206 on: July 06, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »

average women are not 168.. Just saying

helloworld

« Reply #207 on: July 06, 2017, 11:10:56 AM »

average women are not 168.. Just saying
I totally agree! Average height for women is average height of men - 13.

The part in brackets was taken from Guichet website.

I think it is written in a way to make people want to lengthen their legs.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #208 on: July 06, 2017, 03:53:29 PM »

My femur length before surgery was around 40 cm, so now after surgery it's 46 cm / 170 cm x 100 = 27% so now I'm ideal  :D
My tibia length is 34 cm so to be 80% of femur length it would have to be around 37 cm.

Well, it seems like even now I could handle lengthening in both my femur and tibias without straying too far from the norm.

THe "perfect proportions" of Guichet state femur should be 29% of total height! However, that seems too much. After lengthening my femur is 28%. And elsewhere I found 26% is average, 27% is ideal. Those numbers seem more realisitic.

"For men, average height is 1.76 m (5 feet, 9.5 inches) and for women 1.68 m (5 feet, 6.25 inches). In terms of anthropometrics, the length of the femur represents 29% of standing height, while the tibia represents 80% of femur length."

Helloworld, could you send me the source of your info about proportions?
Went from 164 to 170 cm

helloworld

« Reply #209 on: July 06, 2017, 04:04:15 PM »

Helloworld, could you send me the source of your info about proportions?

http://www.drguichet.com/proportion-and-possible-gain/

1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
Dr. Monegal patient

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2017, 05:01:04 PM »

http://www.drguichet.com/proportion-and-possible-gain/

No, I meant your other source which says it should be 27%.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #211 on: July 09, 2017, 07:32:22 PM »

Yesterday I walked like 8 hours during the whole day and climbed a sand dune. I walked sometimes more than 2 hours non stop and at normal person pace. However, at the end of the day, I reverted to my penguin past. I wonder why that happens. Today I walked up better but still minimum penguin... Here I was thinking my penguin days were completely gone, maybe it's due to muscle exertion.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

limby101

« Reply #212 on: July 10, 2017, 11:30:07 AM »

hey there.
how are you hanging there?
still pelvic tilted? do you find it uncomfortable or painful? or just bothered by the look of it?
walking 8 hours a day seems like a real push even for the average - normal legs person, so you should be proud!
so what are your limitations at your current state?
can u bend over to pick something from the floor?
running lightly?
stairs?
ive watched a video of someone post femur-ll and walking up the stairs seems easier than walking down the stairs...
what about stretching or physiotherapy?

btw, by the radiographs you posted, you should be 12 yeard old :P

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #213 on: July 10, 2017, 07:07:13 PM »

hey there.
how are you hanging there?
still pelvic tilted? do you find it uncomfortable or painful? or just bothered by the look of it?
walking 8 hours a day seems like a real push even for the average - normal legs person, so you should be proud!
so what are your limitations at your current state?
can u bend over to pick something from the floor?
running lightly?
stairs?
ive watched a video of someone post femur-ll and walking up the stairs seems easier than walking down the stairs...
what about stretching or physiotherapy?

btw, by the radiographs you posted, you should be 12 yeard old :P

Hey, much better I recovered my walk again. Turns out it was only muscle fatigue. I'm not pelvic tilted since a lot of week ago, maybe a little bit after sitting for hours but after standing for a while it resolves. Before it was painful walking for hours because of the back pain but it was never very noticeable. As I told you I have no pelvic tilt since a lot of time ago.

At my current state, I have no limitations on normal life, I bend over to pick stuff from the floor, go up and downstairs without support etc. However what I have noticed is that I can no longer reach my feet to stretch the quadriceps and my hands reach only to my ankles (before I could almost touch the floor with my hands).

Though Dr Guichet told me a few days ago I could restart sports I will wait until 6 months post op so I've not tried running and yes you are right going up stairs is 100 times easier than walking down stairs. Maybe it's because my balance is off or because I'm afraid of falling.

I stretch sometimes by myself, and I've done no physio since leaving Milan. I believe that covers all the questions and yeah haha, of course, the xrays only says the default information. I'm not 12 years old!
Went from 164 to 170 cm

RN

• Visitor
« Reply #214 on: July 20, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »

does Dr Guchit recommends femoral or tibial operation according to the body proportions or he recommends femoral lengthening any way and does you meet patients doing tibial lengthening and what were their results as many doctors recommend femur operation but other recommend tibia , i thought it is the method they use while external fixators are best in tibia , the internal fixators are best in femur , please correct it to me if you know other inforamtion.
In a diary of precise II of both femur and tibia , the patient said it was less pain than femur.
also is there any restriction to wear high heels after operation.
and do you know which can cause more disability ( i mean not 100% recovery back to normal) tibial or femoral LL
do you regret doing LL for any reason 

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #215 on: July 21, 2017, 04:17:36 AM »

does Dr Guchit recommends femoral or tibial operation according to the body proportions or he recommends femoral lengthening any way and does you meet patients doing tibial lengthening and what were their results as many doctors recommend femur operation but other recommend tibia , i thought it is the method they use while external fixators are best in tibia , the internal fixators are best in femur , please correct it to me if you know other inforamtion.
In a diary of precise II of both femur and tibia , the patient said it was less pain than femur.
also is there any restriction to wear high heels after operation.
and do you know which can cause more disability ( i mean not 100% recovery back to normal) tibial or femoral LL
do you regret doing LL for any reason 

Femoral always, I also think tibia = external and femur = internal. I don't think there is a restriction to wear high heels. I have wore insole and lifts after LL and it was uncomfortable but not painful.
About the recovery I don't know which is worse, but I don't think it causes disability. Even now almost 5 months after surgery I'm completely functional and able to do everyday life without problems.
I regret being so short that even after LL the majority of people will be taller than me. The lengthening itself I think it was worth it but it did not have the impact it would have if I were taller pre op. I think 169 - 173 is the best starting height.
Went from 164 to 170 cm

limby101

« Reply #216 on: July 21, 2017, 01:50:22 PM »

how about doing tibia for like 4-6 cm?
youre still young...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up