Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lengthening-Internal Femurs-Dr Rozbruch 2017  (Read 66789 times)

jbc

Re: Limb Lengthening-Internal Femurs-Dr Rozbruch 2017
« Reply #217 on: April 19, 2017, 03:01:58 AM »

6FS, I've been following your experience and progress with enthusiasm, and I'm glad you're progressing so well!! I have a few questions, if you would indulge me:

- What was your weight before the surgery? If memory serves, you stated somewhere in your journal that you are near weight bearing, at least in some cases. I'm 150 lbs, and will probably lose a bit due to the surgery. The current Precise nails support up to 75 lbs per leg, so I'm hoping I can rely more on the walker/crutches than a wheelchair, at least during the latter part of the process.
- What is Dr. Rozbruch's approach to physical therapy? How many days a week are you doing PT, and do you do additional stretching exercises, unaided or assisted?

Hope you continue to recover well and with zero complications. I'm scheduled with Dr. Paley this summer myself.

Best,

-jbc

6FeetSoon

« Reply #218 on: April 19, 2017, 11:31:20 AM »

This is amazing.

Would they be able to tell me beforehand how much my insurance will cover and what it will cover?

I doubt it, claims are processed after fees have been sent from the provider to policy writer. Anything they tell you beforehand would just be speculation and doesn't necessary mean that's how it will play out.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #219 on: April 19, 2017, 11:35:05 AM »

6FS, I've been following your experience and progress with enthusiasm, and I'm glad you're progressing so well!! I have a few questions, if you would indulge me:

- What was your weight before the surgery? If memory serves, you stated somewhere in your journal that you are near weight bearing, at least in some cases. I'm 150 lbs, and will probably lose a bit due to the surgery. The current Precise nails support up to 75 lbs per leg, so I'm hoping I can rely more on the walker/crutches than a wheelchair, at least during the latter part of the process.
- What is Dr. Rozbruch's approach to physical therapy? How many days a week are you doing PT, and do you do additional stretching exercises, unaided or assisted?

Hope you continue to recover well and with zero complications. I'm scheduled with Dr. Paley this summer myself.

Best,

-jbc

I was 170 lbs the day of surgery. His view is you can do the required stretches on your own daily. No need for a dedicated PT session with a therapist. 

Bander72

« Reply #220 on: April 19, 2017, 02:10:05 PM »

Jesus 50 k for Rozburch. How much you pay for your insurance?
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

TIBIKE200

« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2017, 02:05:48 AM »

I must ask. What kind of 3 inch shoes did you wear?
I learned some stuff during this time

6FeetSoon

« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2017, 03:12:17 PM »

Second check up today with Dr R. We're at 3.6cm. Still great range of motion and flexibility (honestly i'm stretching like a maniac as often as i can, and its helping a lot). Good callus formation, he wants to speed it up a bit though. About 5'10.5 now... i can start to see the difference.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2017, 03:14:20 PM »

I must ask. What kind of 3 inch shoes did you wear?

Honestly it doesn't matter as long as it goes above your ankle. Then you can conceal any of the lifts on Amazon.com inside and you're good to go.

MrHandsome

« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2017, 03:42:39 PM »

Second check up today with Dr R. We're at 3.6cm. Still great range of motion and flexibility (honestly i'm stretching like a maniac as often as i can, and its helping a lot). Good callus formation, he wants to speed it up a bit though. About 5'10.5 now... i can start to see the difference.

Hi 6feetsoon, I am thinking of getting 5cm of surgery with Rozbruch, what kind of complications can I expect through the surgery and actual lengthening process. By the way you are writing the diary it seems like your operation has been flawless so far.

lon chaney

« Reply #225 on: April 29, 2017, 08:04:48 PM »

6feet, feel like sharing any slice of life details about tv you've been watching or snacks you've been enjoying? lol, absolutely no obligation to do this, i'd get a kick out of it though

Mdream

• Visitor
« Reply #226 on: May 02, 2017, 10:43:26 PM »

6fs

By your experience how long does it get to reach 5cm/2inches? 50 days? Are you going to get to it faster? Also, how many times per day do you lengthen? Do you need a minimum time between lengths?

6FeetSoon

« Reply #227 on: May 02, 2017, 11:00:16 PM »

6fs

By your experience how long does it get to reach 5cm/2inches? 50 days? Are you going to get to it faster? Also, how many times per day do you lengthen? Do you need a minimum time between lengths?

Just under 50 days, i'll be at 5cm next week.
3 times a day, i do it 7-8 hours apart. 

TIBIKE200

« Reply #228 on: May 02, 2017, 11:47:15 PM »

Is the change at almost 5cm noticable? Do you feel much taller?
I learned some stuff during this time

6FeetSoon

« Reply #229 on: May 02, 2017, 11:54:59 PM »

Is the change at almost 5cm noticable? Do you feel much taller?

Oh it's definitely noticeable. The friend who came to the initial surgery with me is about 5'10.5 and we're looking each other dead in the eye. He jokingly begs me to stop the process at this level. But we're not stopping until we clear 6'0.

Everything else is as it was in my previous updates: good range of motion and flexibility has been maintained.

Body Builder

« Reply #230 on: May 03, 2017, 12:02:08 AM »

Oh it's definitely noticeable. The friend who came to the initial surgery with me is about 5'10.5 and we're looking each other dead in the eye. He jokingly begs me to stop the process at this level. But we're not stopping until we clear 6'0.

Everything else is as it was in my previous updates: good range of motion and flexibility has been maintained.
I like your determination my friend.
I see more and more people here who want to lengthen some ridiculous amounts like 3-4cm while you are determined to reach 6ft.
Even if you don't reach it (which I truly believe you will) your determination to your aim tells that you were a true candidate for this surgery.
I wish you everything to go as well as it gets.

Keep strong!

« Reply #231 on: May 04, 2017, 01:03:19 AM »

I see more and more people here who want to lengthen some ridiculous amounts like 3-4cm while you are determined to reach 6ft.

Stop endlessly attacking and belittling other people's goals to justify your own. You've done this endlessly since joining and it's becoming tiring. If you want to lengthen whatever amount, cool, best of luck, why can't you give the same respect to others?

6FeetSoon

« Reply #232 on: May 18, 2017, 01:58:42 PM »

Here at Dr Rozbruch's office this morning. We've hit 6cm. Less than 3 weeks left ladies and gentlemen! Flexibility still great, no duckass, and minimal pain. good callus formation is also evident. Things are going so well we just sat there and talked about all things not related to the procedure and progress. He's honestly a really funny guy lol

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #233 on: May 18, 2017, 02:25:39 PM »

It's a middle point, doing too little cm in LL maybe doesn't satisfy you and you might want another surgery which is more risk.  But doing crazy amounts like 8 cm and above and in tibia you end up ruining your life. Some people here are so vain and stupid that they want to sacrifice running and a lot of mobility only to get women...

6FeetSoon have you stood up without any support, how can you tell you have no duckass.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

6FeetSoon

« Reply #234 on: May 18, 2017, 02:33:24 PM »

It's a middle point, doing too little cm in LL maybe doesn't satisfy you and you might want another surgery which is more risk.  But doing crazy amounts like 8 cm and above and in tibia you end up ruining your life. Some people here are so vain and stupid that they want to sacrifice running and a lot of mobility only to get women...

6FeetSoon have you stood up without any support, how can you tell you have no duckass.

Not sure why we're talking about tibias, and 8cm isn't a "crazy" amount of femoral distraction if the candidate is right (hint: i was extremely flexible and my starting height was 5'9).

Yes, rozbruch had me stand up to have a look at posture and muscle tension while fully erect. (you really think he's going to go all the way through the lengthening process without looking at me stand?)

lon chaney

« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2017, 06:03:19 PM »

happy for u, 6ft, hell yeah, and thanks for another update.
i'm consulting with dr. rozbruch in a few weeks... i'm wondering if u think it'd be best for him to test and assay my regular flexibility instead of coming in having done stretching in the weeks leading up to the consultation? let me know if you have an opinion on that, it's getting so close that idk if anything would even make a difference now, but asap i'd start stretching daily (more than the regular getting out of bed stretches i do like involuntarily) if you think that'd b wise.

6FeetSoon

« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2017, 07:39:54 PM »

happy for u, 6ft, hell yeah, and thanks for another update.
i'm consulting with dr. rozbruch in a few weeks... i'm wondering if u think it'd be best for him to test and assay my regular flexibility instead of coming in having done stretching in the weeks leading up to the consultation? let me know if you have an opinion on that, it's getting so close that idk if anything would even make a difference now, but asap i'd start stretching daily (more than the regular getting out of bed stretches i do like involuntarily) if you think that'd b wise.

Just come as you are. Nothing you do between now and your surgery date is going to materially affect your flexibility for this.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #237 on: May 18, 2017, 08:44:46 PM »

I don't mean 8 cm in femur is crazy , I was talking about tibias. The thing is because Precise 2 isn't full weight bearing, so the first weeks after surgery you are in a wheelchair. These weeks, how does Dr Rozburch know your posture when standing ? Do you have to perfectly balance your weight in a flat surface?
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

doomsday

« Reply #238 on: May 18, 2017, 09:30:28 PM »

Freaking hell I did 4 cm and it has a huge, positive impact on my life. I can only imagine how great it is to be 8.5 cm taller. Enjoy it!

onemorefoot

« Reply #239 on: May 18, 2017, 09:55:40 PM »

Freaking hell I did 4 cm and it has a huge, positive impact on my life. I can only imagine how great it is to be 8.5 cm taller. Enjoy it!
8.5??
Budget will determine my future.

doomsday

« Reply #240 on: May 18, 2017, 11:50:31 PM »

he has passed  6 cm and in 25 day will be 8.5 cm taller to reach 183 cm. What cant you understand?

onemorefoot

« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2017, 12:02:29 AM »

he has passed  6 cm and in 25 day will be 8.5 cm taller to reach 183 cm. What cant you understand?
Precice 2 only can lengthen 8 cm, no 100
Budget will determine my future.

Ryda

• Visitor
« Reply #242 on: May 19, 2017, 01:46:02 AM »

Yhh..U are definitely right!
Its worth the wait😊

doomsday

« Reply #243 on: May 19, 2017, 08:14:03 AM »

soz I forgot youre  a LL dweller  ;)

Body Builder

« Reply #244 on: May 19, 2017, 12:46:25 PM »

Stop endlessly attacking and belittling other people's goals to justify your own. You've done this endlessly since joining and it's becoming tiring. If you want to lengthen whatever amount, cool, best of luck, why can't you give the same respect to others?
Because if someone breaks his legs, give a huge amount of money and go under all these risks (infections, malunions etc) for only 3-4 cm in reality doesn't need this surgery as this height really make a very small difference.
I don't encourage 8-9 cm of lengthening, especially in tibias, but still I understand the reasons for someone to try to lengthen as much as his body let him.
But doing all these for 1-1.5 inch simply is a joke and I can't respect someone who does it.

Finally, my goal is 6cm lengthening in femurs which is far from risky so there is no reason to justify anything.
5cm are very safe even for tibias so anything beyond that is unacceptable for me except you face complications and you need to stop. But not as an initial target.

6feetsoon congratulations, you are doing very smooth until now. I hope you'll do so good until the end of your ll journey.

Gingerbeard_man

• Visitor
« Reply #245 on: May 29, 2017, 03:01:00 AM »

6FeetSoon...

This is my first post, you've inspired me. ha!
I've been following this forum for some time and have read through your entire thread. I am very impressed with the professionalism of Dr Rozbruch, his team and the hospital he works at; the cost; and the whole post-op process. I am looking forward to hearing the rest of it.

I personally am a 30yr male, standing at 5'1 and weighing 57kg. I don't believe myself to have many complications with this procedure shall I decide to go through with it due to 1) shorter femurs 2) lighter load bearing on the precise devices 3) high pain tolerance 4) Being an S&C coach and exercise physiologist myself. My only downfall is I live in Australia and doubt I'd get insurance (and finance) to cover a operation taking place in the US. However, that being said shall I go through with it... I'm convinced I'll only do it with Dr Rozbruch.

Please keep us posted with the rest of your recovery as you very well have. Stoked for your success through it all so far.

P.s. If there are any Aussies in this thread that have done research on Dr Rozbruch, please pm me.

lon chaney

« Reply #246 on: May 29, 2017, 03:58:14 AM »

wish u the best of luck, gingerbeard. and i just watched this movie about infamous australian serial killer couple david and catherine birnie! spooky...

i will admit, though, i was disappointed when i saw a big reply was up but that it wasn't from 6feet, lol. 6feet, favor us with an update as this month rounds out?

Gingerbeard_man

• Visitor
« Reply #247 on: May 29, 2017, 04:24:48 AM »

Sorry Ion, sadly this response was from 5feet. LOL!!

Have not watched the movie... Will put it on my todo list.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up