Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: /r/short bashing a 5'6 guy for getting LL  (Read 10147 times)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: /r/short bashing a 5'6 guy for getting LL
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 02:34:14 PM »

/r/ short is used by one of the biggest junks and bunch of hypocrites i have ever seen. Toxic af.

List of typical topics on this amazing subbredit:
-LL iz shieeet
-I em 5'9 girlz no leik
-heightizm
-doneld tramp said bad thingz 'bout cruze

That's why i blocked this trash and came here, at least people here(in the most part) have some decent and DISTANCED approach to actual problems and drawbacks of being on the shorter side.

I came there some time ago to look for some tips or anything to help me come over my depression but it basically gave me the opposite effect.

Dodge like a fire, the only worse thing that you can browse while being short male is /r/tall.
I did that and it nailed me for good few weeks, even if i shouldn't really overthink it that much i still couldn't stop to think about my own body image.

Penguinn

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 03:25:47 PM »

I would never go on that toxic page and would recommend against doing so. It's as dorky as bodybuilding forums.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 06:02:52 PM »

agreed, filled with unethical people. same person that judges us for getting LL is the same person that hasnt went through getting belittled or not taken serious because of height

Chris

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 06:06:29 PM »

/r/short is like taking the LL topic to a talk show :D
I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2017, 08:12:38 PM »

/r/ short is used by one of the biggest junks and bunch of hypocrites i have ever seen. Toxic af.

List of typical topics on this amazing subbredit:
-LL iz shieeet
-I em 5'9 girlz no leik
-heightizm
-doneld tramp said bad thingz 'bout cruze

That's why i blocked this trash and came here, at least people here(in the most part) have some decent and DISTANCED approach to actual problems and drawbacks of being on the shorter side.

I came there some time ago to look for some tips or anything to help me come over my depression but it basically gave me the opposite effect.

Dodge like a fire, the only worse thing that you can browse while being short male is /r/tall.
I did that and it nailed me for good few weeks, even if i shouldn't really overthink it that much i still couldn't stop to think about my own body image.

What exactly did you read there that made you feel so bad (in reddit/tall)?
I learned some stuff during this time

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2017, 08:58:18 PM »

What exactly did you read there that made you feel so bad (in reddit/tall)?

Silly stuff when i look at it now honestly. But i was reading it when i had one of my depression peaks.

Typical stroking eachother dcks, things like: "It's dope to be tall, i wouldn't trade it for anything cuz chicks dig tall guys" or "Top advantages of being tall" etc.
Even tons of tall women talking how it's good to be tall.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 09:22:08 PM by YourSpaceBoyfriend »

TheLichKing

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2017, 10:40:46 PM »

Silly stuff when i look at it now honestly. But i was reading it when i had one of my depression peaks.

Typical stroking eachother dcks, things like: "It's dope to be tall, i wouldn't trade it for anything cuz chicks dig tall guys" or "Top advantages of being tall" etc.
Even tons of tall women talking how it's good to be tall.

oh the feels :( both subreddits toxic
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

ub40

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 10:57:20 PM »

All those opinions aside. People really need to stop talking about this surgery. The less mainstream it is the better chance of foolinh people when coming back taller.

I'm glad that idiot is getting bashed. Stop talking about CLL
170-176 cm, May 2016 still consolidating

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 10:59:12 PM »

All those opinions aside. People really need to stop talking about this surgery. The less mainstream it is the better chance of foolinh people when coming back taller.

I'm glad that idiot is getting bashed. Stop talking about CLL

Whole /r/short already knows this surgery, there is topic about LL almost everyday.

And well, i don't think CLL will go mainstream anytime soon.

DreamOf180cm

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 11:39:41 PM »

/r/short

T O X I C
Height: 171.5
Goal: 177cm
Dream: 182.5cm

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2017, 11:47:18 PM »

r/short seems to have a serious persecution complex because they imagine the whole world is out there trying to hate on short people. Some posters there post random examples of what they perceive as heightism in TV shows, advertisements, random encounters, in a machine-like fashion to point out how bad short people are discriminated against. It's not like that in real life, while there are  s and even abstract forms of discrimination, everyone has their own battles to fight and most don't care about hating short people, while there's also many other societal groups that experience discrimination. The feeling you get from browsing that subreddit is "wow, being short sucks for these people, that means it must suck for me too!", which is not good in any way. How you deal with your height should be a very personal, unique issue and it's not an unchangable fact that you must feel bad for being short.

To Garrus...stay strong, brother.

It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 12:02:27 AM »

r/short seems to have a serious persecution complex because they imagine the whole world is out there trying to hate on short people. Some posters there post random examples of what they perceive as heightism in TV shows, advertisements, random encounters, in a machine-like fashion to point out how bad short people are discriminated against. It's not like that in real life, while there are aholes and even abstract forms of discrimination, everyone has their own battles to fight and most don't care about hating short people, while there's also many other societal groups that experience discrimination. The feeling you get from browsing that subreddit is "wow, being short sucks for these people, that means it must suck for me too!", which is not good in any way. How you deal with your height should be a very personal, unique issue and it's not an unchangable fact that you must feel bad for being short.

There are 2 main things in that reddit site.. I have been looking at it yesterday and today for the first time since I heard alot about it.. Sincerly, the "omg my height is the root cause of all my problems" is no different from what was going on in old forum and this forum in the past regarding height and overall quality of life...
 Now the main things I see that can get potential LLers depressed is that indeed in that site like this one, people vent... And usually the people who vent on forums like that are not the 'crem de la crem" if you get what I am saying..
  Second, it is very easy to attach you feelings of insuccess with women (the main issue for which short people suffer) to your below average height and afterwards reading that reddit site and getting a confermation for you theory of taller= better with women...  Only problem is that most people over there are 5'-5'5.. You are nowhere near that being 5'7 and even 5'6 and above (sorry Garrus... You know I love you) so even though its hard, you must disconnect yourself from the people of those height as you are not in their place but in a much better one

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 12:17:30 AM »

There are 2 main things in that reddit site.. I have been looking at it yesterday and today for the first time since I heard alot about it.. Sincerly, the "omg my height is the root cause of all my problems" is no different from what was going on in old forum and this forum in the past regarding height and overall quality of life...

I was lurking there for good year and trust me, /r/short has waaaaaaay more people with twisted perspective complaining about every aspect of being short(especially women).
Besides there were tons of people 5'8 and above complaining how it's bad to be short.
Imho most of the people that i talked here privately were way more realistic.

And the same thing that IwannaBeTaller mentioned already which is "detecting heightism" in almost every media or whatever, just ehh.

Only problem is that most people over there are 5'-5'5.. You are nowhere near that being 5'7 and even 5'6 and above (sorry Garrus... You know I love you)

Don't worry nothing hurts me

Because i'm already dead inside.

ty

Nightwish

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 01:16:08 AM »

The point where I felt the worst about my height was when I'd read that subreddit fairly frequently. The place is utterly toxic and doesn't translate into the real world whatsoever.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm
Goal: 172cm
Facial Hair Growth: Pre puberty
Dance Move: The sprinkler

Bander72

« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2017, 01:43:14 AM »

People have all sorts of stupid ideas, not like it makes any of it true.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Jack1066

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 02:04:11 AM »

crap's toxic :P made me feel pretty bad at one point! But then, at the point I felt bad I had other issues to deal with that were not really related to my height.

I think from my perspective as not much shorter than average that some people think being short is way worse than it is. It's like people start thinking it's as bad as systemic racism or something. Dudes lack perspective. But then I'm 5'8 and I guess I would really piss off a lot of men that really are short, say at 5'- 5'6, that really have it hard. For me at least it's more in my own head than in other people's, I admit that.

I definitely think though that height, being a really precisely quantifiable thing in ways that other external things like looks aren't (unless you really are just butt ugly) can be a very obvious way of somehow externalising your internal insecurities (I think that's the wrong word but you probably get what I mean).

Also, there are a load of hilariously egoistical tall men on the internet, r/tall is obviously one of those places. I'd ignore them. I only have my life experience to speak from but I really get the feeling that guys who brag that much about something (could be height) are having to compensate for deficiencies in several other areas, just like many shorter guys feel they need to for height.

TheLichKing

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 07:35:17 AM »

This insane post at r/short displays its toxicity at its finest. The OP used someone's potential suicide note as a mere tool to invalidate experiences of other people.

https://www.reddit.com/r/short/comments/5oo42i/24_year_old_64_male_leaves_suicide_note_on_reddit/
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2017, 11:09:43 AM »

This insane post at r/short displays its toxicity at its finest. The OP used someone's potential suicide note as a mere tool to invalidate experiences of other people.

https://www.reddit.com/r/short/comments/5oo42i/24_year_old_64_male_leaves_suicide_note_on_reddit/

Topics like that are daily routine on this subreddit. The funniest thing is that it's always posted by someone above 6' tall.
Honestly almost whole reddit is full of total imbeciles, crybabies and SJW's.

The only subreddit that i had never problems with is /r/suicidewatch.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2017, 11:54:40 AM »

Check this out: https://www.reddit.com/r/short/comments/5kvb18/you_could_have_done_something_about_your_height/

This guy (post was deleted) literally told people they deserve to be treated badly for their height because they didn't "optimize their growth" during their puberty. He says his height is the result of an "investment" because he slept well, exercised and had a good nutrition during his puberty years. So ridiculous. Not only does he stroke his own ego because of his height, he also made himself believe that he got it because of his own accomplishments. How insecure do you have to be to post something like that?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 12:24:53 PM »

Check this out: https://www.reddit.com/r/short/comments/5kvb18/you_could_have_done_something_about_your_height/

This guy (post was deleted) literally told people they deserve to be treated badly for their height because they didn't "optimize their growth" during their puberty. He says his height is the result of an "investment" because he slept well, exercised and had a good nutrition during his puberty years. So ridiculous. Not only does he stroke his own ego because of his height, he also made himself believe that he got it because of his own accomplishments. How insecure do you have to be to post something like that?

Ye because it was my fault that i got hormonal problems and destroyed thyroid.

Dont read that crap, they are mostly trolls from /r/tall.

Jack1066

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2017, 01:02:05 PM »

This guy is wrong anyway, I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.. This is an interesting article. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-much-of-human-height/

As a guy who f***ed up in his teen years by doing drugs, not eating properly, not doing exercise, and whatever else, it comforts me that I'll probably still beat my maximum growth potential anyway if I do LL :P

TIBIKE200

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2017, 01:27:09 PM »

This guy is wrong anyway, I'm pretty sure that's not how it works.. This is an interesting article. https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/how-much-of-human-height/

As a guy who f***ed up in his teen years by doing drugs, not eating properly, not doing exercise, and whatever else, it comforts me that I'll probably still beat my maximum growth potential anyway if I do LL :P

If you want to put this article into context, it means that if you were supposed to be let's say 180, if you did everything wrong in regards to lifestyle, and therefore lose the 20% of height you were supposed to have, you will end up 176.4cm tall. Which also means that nutrition and sleep accounts for less than 4cm in more people. Of course I am not including hormonal problems like Myspaceboyfriend's case

Jack1066

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2017, 01:59:01 PM »

Yeah. It's kinda confusing and I've never been good at maths but I did the sums and worked out I should probably be an inch and a bit taller than I am now, a bit over 176 cm if I lost that 20%. that makes sense because my dad is 5'8 like me but most of the other guys in my family are around 5'10 to 6'0, so 5'9 seems like a compromise height :P

I think when I was a small kid a doctor said if it continued normally it could be anything from 5'8 to 6'1, but I have a feeling the 6'1 was very unlikely, and he put me around the 40th percentile for my age or something at that time. It was my mid to later teens that I really missed out on, for sure, I was a literal zombie haha.

I think there are plenty of other variables too, like if you do more exercise as a teenager or are less stressed or depressed or whatever, but I guess the returns get smaller and smaller. So long as you eat right and get enough sleep I guess it's unlikely to miss something close to your full potential.

Sorry about your hormone problems, Garrus, that really sucks.

BTW, will you be getting Andromeda? :-) I pre-ordered it...

TIBIKE200

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2017, 02:06:11 PM »

Yeah. It's kinda confusing and I've never been good at maths but I did the sums and worked out I should probably be an inch and a bit taller than I am now, a bit over 176 cm if I lost that 20%. that makes sense because my dad is 5'8 like me but most of the other guys in my family are around 5'10 to 6'0, so 5'9 seems like a compromise height :P

I think when I was a small kid a doctor said if it continued normally it could be anything from 5'8 to 6'1, but I have a feeling the 6'1 was very unlikely, and he put me around the 40th percentile for my age or something at that time. It was my mid to later teens that I really missed out on, for sure, I was a literal zombie haha.

I think there are plenty of other variables too, like if you do more exercise as a teenager or are less stressed or depressed or whatever, but I guess the returns get smaller and smaller. So long as you eat right and get enough sleep I guess it's unlikely to miss something close to your full potential.

Just now I saw I was wrong... 20% of 180 is 36. Anyway, no one loses height due to nutrition nor lacking sleep or stress.. Atleast not in a major way.. When my height neurosis was really bad I have seen that the max height loss due to enviroment is like a max of 10cm (and 10cm is not the norm.. Usually around 5cm). Non of us who had no hormonal problems who ended up in the 5'6-5'8 range was supposed to be 6' or above. A guy in my class in high school and middle school never smoked and was the best athlete.. He also ended up 5'7 or maybe 5'8. It's all genetic no matter what we try to say.

I didnt pre order andromeda.. Once the ME saga was over I was happy. I liked the story with the reapers and everything. Too bad that in the end the reapers real origins and motives were nothing like Sovereign or ME2 harbinger meant

Koi

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2017, 02:13:13 PM »

Both /r/short and /r/tall are full of  . Avoid them, seriously. And someone please tell that guy to come here if he's not with us already.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »

I had prediction range of 5'9 to even 6'7(cuz my uncles) and i was mostly in the 70 percentage so ye, that's how predictions are accurate lol.

Thanks and no, i'm not going to preorder any games right now(with the exception of CDP Red). Honestly all games this year that i waited for ended up average at best.
Oh and i don't have PC to run it for now.

Just now I saw I was wrong... 20% of 180 is 36. Anyway, no one loses height due to nutrition nor lacking sleep or stress.. Atleast not in a major way.. When my height neurosis was really bad I have seen that the max height loss due to enviroment is like a max of 10cm (and 10cm is not the norm.. Usually around 5cm). Non of us who had no hormonal problems who ended up in the 5'6-5'8 range was supposed to be 6' or above. A guy in my class in high school and middle school never smoked and was the best athlete.. He also ended up 5'7 or maybe 5'8. It's all genetic no matter what we try to say.

Honestly tallest friends i had were the people that smoked and drinked everyday. Height is almost purely genetic.

I didnt pre order andromeda.. Once the ME saga was over I was happy. I liked the story with the reapers and everything. Too bad that in the end the reapers real origins and motives were nothing like Sovereign or ME2 harbinger meant

Whole trilogy was rushed af(thx EA). They didn't even need to change the galaxy if bioware writers wouldn't have such a big ego.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2017, 02:24:58 PM »

I really wanted a confrontation (oral one) with harbinger or atleast with the reapers (Rannoch was bull ).. Even the God child itself was a slap to everything we were told in ME 1 and 2 regarding the reapers... They should have been left as godlike machines with motives unknown to us...

The Levaiathan DLC was also just a way to cover for the stupid conclusion to the reapers origins and goals. Evil godlike machines who uses organics to reproduce just because they can was a far better backstory regarding the reapers' goals

Jack1066

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2017, 02:37:48 PM »

I loved the old trilogy but it was a pity they got rid of the old scriptwriter for me3. They were supposed to go in a much more interesting direction with the reapers than the hackneyed synthetics vs organics thing.

Andromeda has the old writer back though. I have quite/cautious high hopes for it actually.

Yeah I got what you meant though. I did the sums and worked out I should be about 2.8 cm below the average height if I reached a full projected height which would put me at the lower end of 5'9, or around the 40-45th percentile, which makes a lot of sense. As I said, I have a feeling 6'1 was supposed to be much less likely than a shorter height, given the height of my father, I think the doctor said something to my mother to that effect from what I can remember.

If genes matter as much as you say, it really doesn't explain why the average male height was a couple of inches shorter in the 1950s than it is now, even if we are plateauing now. I think a combination of other factors are important too.

I agree that the single most important thing is genes though, and I'm not saying I have clinically stunted growth, just that I possibly (who can say?) missed my full potential by an inch or so. But yeah, not by a really noticeable or life-impacting amount for sure.

Jack1066

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2017, 02:40:08 PM »

I see your point about predictions though. I probably shouldn't bother. For some reason all my life I assumed I'd be 5'8 like my dad anyway.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2017, 02:51:14 PM »

I loved the old trilogy but it was a pity they got rid of the old scriptwriter for me3. They were supposed to go in a much more interesting direction with the reapers than the hackneyed synthetics vs organics thing.

Andromeda has the old writer back though. I have quite/cautious high hopes for it actually.

Yeah I got what you meant though. I did the sums and worked out I should be about 2.8 cm below the average height if I reached a full projected height which would put me at the lower end of 5'9, or around the 40-45th percentile, which makes a lot of sense. As I said, I have a feeling 6'1 was supposed to be much less likely than a shorter height, given the height of my father, I think the doctor said something to my mother to that effect from what I can remember.

If genes matter as much as you say, it really doesn't explain why the average male height was a couple of inches shorter in the 1950s than it is now, even if we are plateauing now. I think a combination of other factors are important too.

I agree that the single most important thing is genes though, and I'm not saying I have clinically stunted growth, just that I possibly (who can say?) missed my full potential by an inch or so. But yeah, not by a really noticeable or life-impacting amount for sure.

Average height is highier now due to natural selection (to an extent) and the complete lack of famine and disease which has risen the minimum height but not the max height in the western world. There are much less extremely short people now than before. in the 70's and even 60's 6' was always considered the perfect height (just like now) and again, it's because that there were always tall people, but much more short people due to famine and other deficencies... Now with GH treatments, hormonal treatments, Scanning for any hormonal problems or nutritional defficencies, there are much less people who end up too short. In the 50's it was much more common to see guys 5'-5'5... Now it is much more rare
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up