Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: /r/short bashing a 5'6 guy for getting LL  (Read 10146 times)

TIBIKE200

Re: /r/short bashing a 5'6 guy for getting LL
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2017, 02:51:14 PM »

I loved the old trilogy but it was a pity they got rid of the old scriptwriter for me3. They were supposed to go in a much more interesting direction with the reapers than the hackneyed synthetics vs organics thing.

Andromeda has the old writer back though. I have quite/cautious high hopes for it actually.

Yeah I got what you meant though. I did the sums and worked out I should be about 2.8 cm below the average height if I reached a full projected height which would put me at the lower end of 5'9, or around the 40-45th percentile, which makes a lot of sense. As I said, I have a feeling 6'1 was supposed to be much less likely than a shorter height, given the height of my father, I think the doctor said something to my mother to that effect from what I can remember.

If genes matter as much as you say, it really doesn't explain why the average male height was a couple of inches shorter in the 1950s than it is now, even if we are plateauing now. I think a combination of other factors are important too.

I agree that the single most important thing is genes though, and I'm not saying I have clinically stunted growth, just that I possibly (who can say?) missed my full potential by an inch or so. But yeah, not by a really noticeable or life-impacting amount for sure.

Average height is highier now due to natural selection (to an extent) and the complete lack of famine and disease which has risen the minimum height but not the max height in the western world. There are much less extremely short people now than before. in the 70's and even 60's 6' was always considered the perfect height (just like now) and again, it's because that there were always tall people, but much more short people due to famine and other deficencies... Now with GH treatments, hormonal treatments, Scanning for any hormonal problems or nutritional defficencies, there are much less people who end up too short. In the 50's it was much more common to see guys 5'-5'5... Now it is much more rare
I learned some stuff during this time

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2017, 02:56:28 PM »

All those opinions aside. People really need to stop talking about this surgery. The less mainstream it is the better chance of foolinh people when coming back taller.

I'm glad that idiot is getting bashed. Stop talking about CLL

Second this, and i was also at bodybuilding forum [which is prob 10x worse than /r/short] and there was a guy complaining about being 5'9 and almost everyone was saying "height is something you can't change" etc was actually suprised how many people don't know about LL, I hope it doesn't turn mainstream. ever. when apotheosis did that interview i was actually a bit mad. why try to spread a message out that 90% people wont accept its better them not know about it. on top of that ignorant news reporters see it as just a bizarre entertaining story to attract viewers. I feel like if someone was really interested and sad about their height for whatever reason they would'vealready found out about LL. Literally all i did was google how to get taller and LL came up.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 03:22:31 PM by 0184946 »

Jack1066

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2017, 03:01:11 PM »

Right, I see your point. That's pretty interesting. Makes sense as I see a lot more tall outliers (maybe 6'3 plus) than short ones (5'5 or less) from my generation.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2017, 03:11:10 PM »

I actually found about LL when looking for techniques to fix my left leg.

I see your point about predictions though. I probably shouldn't bother. For some reason all my life I assumed I'd be 5'8 like my dad anyway.

You still came out pretty ok, idk where are you living but 5'8 in most countries is quite alright.

Jack1066

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2017, 03:19:02 PM »

Oh yeah, 5'8 is a kind of borderline height but few would actually call it short, so it's not bad. I'd just like to be as close to 6 ft as possible. :-)

I'm in the UK.

How tall are you?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2017, 04:50:14 PM »

Oh yeah, 5'8 is a kind of borderline height but few would actually call it short, so it's not bad. I'd just like to be as close to 6 ft as possible. :-)

I'm in the UK.

How tall are you?

English people aren't that tall, i felt way better when i was last time in London.

5'5 living in middle europe.

Jack1066

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2017, 08:06:04 PM »

Ouch, that must be rough, central European people are pretty tall.

That said, to me people in London are really tall haha, almost like Germans, I always feel short there. I guess it's just a matter of perspective... I'm from west Wales where the average is supposed to be a bit shorter, by maybe an inch or so, it's one of the poorest places in western Europe so that's not a surprise.

wants2growtaller

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2018, 01:54:16 AM »

I am a person of color who is also short. And being short just adds to the systemic racism. Being black means you have to be twice as good to get half. And being short and black..its like you have no chance at succeeding.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

wants2growtaller

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2018, 03:31:50 AM »

I hate r/short. The people at r/short are so delusional and in such a state of denial. At least people here know that short people are at a disadvantage and are doing something about it to better themselves. All r/short talks about is all about confidence. Yea except that the world is shallow as fk and height matters.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

Purushrottam

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2018, 04:37:06 AM »

I don't think r/short is bad. I posted an AMA there in Jan 2018. I deleted it for privacy reasons. Most people were very positive/curious.

A handful of people were making fun of me and were being critical. I think one frequent poster didn't believe me because I said I got a loan for the whole thing. Who would give a loan for that? Turns out he hadn't heard of SoFi.

One person went out of his way to feel condescendingly sad/sorry for me. I was like wtf I don't feel sad at all.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

wants2growtaller

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2018, 04:42:34 AM »

I think its a crock of  . Being short is not a fking disease. It doesn't mean someone is less healthier and all that crap. This is just contributing to more heightism and more prejudice that short people endure.  There are tons of short people everywhere. There is seven billion people in the world. But unfortunately this world seems to neglect the existence of short people and only focus on tall people.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up