Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something to think about in terms of proportions- the "golden ratio"  (Read 10773 times)

Jack1066

Re: Something to think about in terms of proportions- the "golden ratio"
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2017, 04:47:43 PM »

Plus, not being able to use your arms properly for months sounds worse than LL to me.

I've been told your wingspan shouldn't be less than 2 or 3 inches of your height, then it starts looking odd.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2017, 06:00:11 PM »

I don't think i will every decide to do AL, risk of limited function when i'm a programmer is a huge nono.

I've been told your wingspan shouldn't be less than 2 or 3 inches of your height, then it starts looking odd.

Imho arm length itself is more important than wingspan since u can have just wide shoulders but short arms.

Jack1066

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2017, 02:50:45 PM »

Imho arm length itself is more important than wingspan since u can have just wide shoulders but short arms.

I was thinking about that and found this:

http://www. /index.php/topic,1990.60.html

I duno how true it holds.

Looks like I shouldn't do over a couple of inches of LL.

EDIT:

Seems pretty stupid, though. I mean, giving myself the benefit of the doubt (cause it's pretty hard to measure your arms) at 74.5 cm it says my "ideal" height at my arm to height ratio is 171 cm but my maximum is 186 cm before I look weird! 15 cm seems too much of a big difference to me.

Doesn't really make sense to me. Guess I'll stick to my 5-7 cm LL goal though. The doctor will probably give me advice anyway, hopefully before taking my money :P
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:54:30 PM by Jack1066 »

Jack1066

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2017, 02:52:06 PM »

make me taller seems to be blocked here, well basically OP says:

"So I've been doing a lot of measuring and alterations of photos of celebrities, ordinary people (like myself) and someone who's done LL.  From MY measurements and observations, most normally proportioned people (and those that have aesthetically pleasing proportions - such as models, celebrities) have a height to arm length (this is NOT armspan - this is measured from top of shoulder to tip of the middle finger) ratio of about 2.3.  And this ratio, incidentally, was reported by Benjamin Gould in "Investigations in the Military and Anthropological Statistics of American Soldiers" Cambridge: Riverside Press, reprinted Arno Press, NY 1979 after measuring 4,855 soldiers.

When altering photos w/ photoshop, I've noticed that disporportions start to become noticeable and displeasing as one surpasses a height to arm length ratio of 2.5."
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:14:58 PM by Jack1066 »

TIBIKE200

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »

Most of us are well proportioned. Unless you suffered from a medical condition during childhood into adulthood, your porportions shouldn't be off. Lengthening will cause a disproportion... Be it torso/legs ratio, thighs/calves ratio (in case of either only femoral or tibial ll), arm length/height ratio etc.. 5cm on either segment will not cause any visible disproportion to others.. Going beyond that MIGHT cause it but it is not guaranteed. What 6feet said is correct though.. The taller you are, the more you can "get away" with the lengthening amount and having a reasonably long tibia (or as it was written in the old forum, a ratio of 52:48) will also make femur lengthening more favorable.
I learned some stuff during this time

Jack1066

« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2017, 08:21:13 PM »

Yeah, I guess a good doctor would be very careful about proportions if I had a good discussion with him on this.

InferiorityComplex

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2017, 04:28:16 AM »

Good read - whether to stop 5 cm or 6 question...Being 6' + at Oak is a must indeed and there the height is low compared to some places in Europe ;)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up