Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My freakish proportions.  (Read 5630 times)

Captainparker

• Visitor
My freakish proportions.
« on: March 17, 2014, 12:16:57 AM »

Hello guys! This is my first post here so I will be introducing myself here I guess since there are no places on here to do these exactly, though I also have some questions as well. I will call myself Captain Parker on here. I am 16 and a half years old. I am thinking about getting LL if I don't grow anymore soon. So the thing is that I am 169 cm tall(66.5 inches tall) near the end of the day. I am a male btw so I am on the short side. The thing is that my torso is tiny. Even people quite a bit shorter than I am can have a sitting height the same or longer than I do. My sitting height I rougly calculated(probably not exactly but a good range) around 83.5 to 85.5 cm long. That is very tiny for a guy probably considered average for a pre LL guy on this forum. I read many post btw so I know what I am talking about a little. The thing I worry is that I may not look right if I add 5 to 10 more cm to my already average to above average size legs. My wingspan is also huge for someone my height. 185 cm long wingspan. That is just under 6 feet 1. My feet are also above average for a average height guy(177 cm in my country.)

So my question is that do you guys think I will grow much after this?

Edit: Also btw the reason why I am posting on this forum first is because on the old forum you have to wait for the admin to approve you before you can post. I waited for like a day already.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 12:20:39 AM by Captainparker »
Height 5 feet 6(169 cm)
Desired around 5 feet 11(Low 180 cm range)
Average height for native country Feet 9.5(177 cm).

Blackhawk

Re: My freakish proportions.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 12:22:11 AM »

I think the torso is the last to grow.  You're still pretty young so I would expect you to grow some more.

Captainparker

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 12:27:15 AM »

Could be right. Yet I only grew 1 cm from my 16 birthday till now. My parents are not short either. My mom is barley shorter than I am. 5 feet 6(168 cm) for her. Not exactly sure how tall my dad is. He says he is 6 feet even but he is not that tall. I never measured him. My eyelevel is below his lip. Probably around 5 feet 10(178 cm) maybe a a tad above.
Height 5 feet 6(169 cm)

Blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 12:41:24 AM »

I would forget about LL for a few years if I were you.  Try to eat healthy and be fit and hopefully you'll grow enough where you won't feel short.

Captainparker

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 12:57:05 AM »

Yeah I just hope I will grow. I didn't say I was going to do LL now though. I am going to wait untill my bones have completely fused anyway. I just want to find out for info about LL, and want to know about the doctors more as well. Besides if I don't grow anymore and my plates are fused at 18, I want to get the LL done as fast as possible. So I need the funds and the info about the doctors so I can get to that dream height as quickly as possible.

There is still hope for me though. My dad grew around 5 inches in a year, my uncle around 6 inches in a year. I never had a growth spurt at that rate, or atleast not yet The people on my mom's side grow late. My mom didn't stop untill around 16 herself which is late for a women. Also there are many tall people on both of my parents side. My uncle is around 190 cm on my dad's side and well there are many high 180 to 190 guys on my mom's side as well. So I just hope there is alot of hope for me. If I get to 180 cm tall though I will not get LL at all. Infact the more I grow the least I would likely get LL. I find that the low 180 cm range is not bad at all.
Height 5 feet 6(169 cm)

TRS

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 01:22:21 AM »

There is a very high chance that your growth plates are still present. I suggest that you wait till your 21 and then decide whether undergoing CLL will make a difference.

Captainparker

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 02:39:04 AM »

Yeah I just hope so. Still it sucks being just 5 feet 6.5. I just want to get tall as fast as possible. The main people I hang out with(well not really hang out but know) are just tall. They seem to have all the friends, and all the fun and just so much confidence. They are 183 cm(6 feet) and 188 cm(6 feet 2) tall(brothers). I am also around other people alot and even the ones shorter or younger than me.

People just don't respect me. People ignore me when I speak to them, I never had a girlfriend or even a real friend, and I don't feel confident in myself. If I was just a solid 6 feet guy I could be better.
Height 5 feet 6(169 cm)

thetallerman

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 04:53:02 PM »

Hello guys! This is my first post here so I will be introducing myself here I guess since there are no places on here to do these exactly, though I also have some questions as well. I will call myself Captain Parker on here. I am 16 and a half years old. I am thinking about getting LL if I don't grow anymore soon. So the thing is that I am 169 cm tall(66.5 inches tall) near the end of the day. I am a male btw so I am on the short side. The thing is that my torso is tiny. Even people quite a bit shorter than I am can have a sitting height the same or longer than I do. My sitting height I rougly calculated(probably not exactly but a good range) around 83.5 to 85.5 cm long. That is very tiny for a guy probably considered average for a pre LL guy on this forum. I read many post btw so I know what I am talking about a little. The thing I worry is that I may not look right if I add 5 to 10 more cm to my already average to above average size legs. My wingspan is also huge for someone my height. 185 cm long wingspan. That is just under 6 feet 1. My feet are also above average for a average height guy(177 cm in my country.)

So my question is that do you guys think I will grow much after this?

Edit: Also btw the reason why I am posting on this forum first is because on the old forum you have to wait for the admin to approve you before you can post. I waited for like a day already.

Yeah I agree with some of the other posters, wait a couple years. In the meantime, eat VERY healthy and get a good night's sleep every night also keep yourself physically healthy! All of those contribute to maximizing your height potential. Also, if in two years you still want height, you should do a mockup of what you'd look like with the longer legs or you can ask us, and we'll do one for you with your pictures. Honestly with such a large wingspan that you have, extra height will probably make you look much better. And don't worry, there are numerous examples of people with short torsos and long legs who look just fine, if you want examples let me know. You'll probably look just fine if you lengthen realistically. 5cm or so in each leg and you can easily get to 5'11 and that's not also taking into consideration the possiblity of you growing in the next 2 years. You might get another inch or so from natural growth and maybe even more if you are lucky enough to have a late growth spurt. All the best!

I say 2 years, because most people I know didn't grow much after 18, though you still can grow until 21 and even in some cases up to 25 (pretty rare). As long as your growth plates are open, you can grow.
Current Height: 5'7 (~170cm)
Desired Height: 5'9.5 or 5'10
Wingspan: 179.7cm / 5'10.75

Average US Male Height: 176.5 / 5'9.5 (CDC report)

thetallerman

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 05:01:16 PM »

Yeah I just hope so. Still it sucks being just 5 feet 6.5. I just want to get tall as fast as possible. The main people I hang out with(well not really hang out but know) are just tall. They seem to have all the friends, and all the fun and just so much confidence. They are 183 cm(6 feet) and 188 cm(6 feet 2) tall(brothers). I am also around other people alot and even the ones shorter or younger than me.

People just don't respect me. People ignore me when I speak to them, I never had a girlfriend or even a real friend, and I don't feel confident in myself. If I was just a solid 6 feet guy I could be better.

I totally can relate. When I started wearing elevator shoes to get me around 5'10 or even 5'11 if I really pushed it with lifts, the level of respect from others and women especially vastly improved. It's just hard for some women to respect men that look like they can't protect them. That's why a lot of short guys get buff, because huge muscles definitely seems like they can take down the 6' lanky guy who never goes to the gym. There are however some women that simply don't care that much about height so long as the guy is at least a little taller than them and they instead focus highly on personality. These are very desirable women, in my opinion, as they look past superficial things, in the same breath though, there's a feeling that I love of being taller than the girl and being able to dominate her lol :p, maybe just me haha.

At my absolute lowest I'm 169.8, (usually around 170cm) but very close to your height, so I know how you feel. Where do you live? US? If so, which state? I'm in San Diego and we have some really tall people here but also plenty of average and short too.
Current Height: 5'7 (~170cm)
Desired Height: 5'9.5 or 5'10
Wingspan: 179.7cm / 5'10.75

Average US Male Height: 176.5 / 5'9.5 (CDC report)
Pages: [1]   Go Up