Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Guichet is over rated, over priced, bad patient outcomes. Do you agree?  (Read 10147 times)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

I'm sure I wouldn't look dwarf. Pretty the contrary. Plus, considering the fact that my arms are long comparing to the body, adding  10-12 cm, will not make them look too short and the longer legs will make my body looks more elegant. And I don't see why a 2 cms of difference would kill my mobility. All the problem is about not stretching one segment too much. If you don't go over 7 cms on the femurs and over 5cms on the tibias (which is considered a safe lengthening), and take a break between the operation, you will be able to gain more than 10 cms, without stressing a single segment too much.

But my question was about the price difference between internal femurs and external tibias offered by Guichet. Someone know it?

That's why:

Hi, it is possible, but risks of knee contracture is quite high. Maximum length around 10cm, but depends on whether range of motion can be maintained.

Annalisa

A knee contracture isn't like something permanent though. It can be treated, it isn't something you can't take risks for. Moreover, since we're talking about the knee, it wouldn't be very effected by the lengthening done on the femurs. Anyway, of course I will be happy with 10 cms. It will be a world of difference for me.

Jack1066

It is related to safety. The rate of complications increases dramatically with the amount you lengthen. For most patients it's around 5-6 cm in one segment that there is a medium risk of complications and 7-8 that there is a high risk. But most importantly it depends on starting height and what your bones and body can take. Some individuals can lengthen more easily than others.

The stretching of the soft tissue and nerves and over-lengthening of the bone will probably hobble you if you go for too much.

Given your lower starting leg length that means that lengthening larger amounts is, as a rule. exponentially more dangerous to you.

At the end of the day your doctor will tell you what is safe and proportional for you. Don't follow my advice, follow his. Just don't be too wedded to your ideal height and over-lengthen if it comes to that.

TIBIKE200

A knee contracture isn't like something permanent though. It can be treated, it isn't something you can't take risks for. Moreover, since we're talking about the knee, it wouldn't be very effected by the lengthening done on the femurs. Anyway, of course I will be happy with 10 cms. It will be a world of difference for me.

Knee wouldn't be affected by lengthening the femurs? Your knowledge of anatomy is not so bright...
I learned some stuff during this time

Annalisa

I didn't say they weren't effected, but they aren't as effected as much as there are  lengthening the tibias, but thinking more deeply , then of course there will be an high pressure from the femurs lengthening, but is a contracture a big enough risks to give up on gaining more? Of course not, not in the view of someone who has suffered from height neurosis all her life and want to lengthen more than anything in the world.

But it's true that only the doctor will be able to tell me. I will only know during the lengthening process.  Guichet seems very positive on at least reaching 7 cms, and I trust someone with such vast experience.Anyway, I have  at least give up on the extreme idea of doing 9 cms on the femurs only LMAO.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

If you are going to lengthen your tibiae, I would recommend finding a different doctor for them. Dr Guichet doesn't seem to like doing tibia lengthening at all and you'd want a doctor who is absolutely confident with it.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Annalisa

Can you advise a good tibias doctor who has lower price than Guichet? I heard about Catagni, which is in my country, but in some posts I've read he send people at home during lengthening, it doesn't make him look  trustworthy. One one the reason I like Guichet so much, it's the fact it follows his patients very carefully and closely, which is essential with such a risky operation.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil

Can you advise a good tibias doctor who has lower price than Guichet? I heard about Catagni, which is in my country, but in some posts I've read he send people at home during lengthening, it doesn't make him look  trustworthy. One one the reason I like Guichet so much, it's the fact it follows his patients very carefully and closely, which is essential with such a risky operation.

Are you looking to remain in Europe or are you open to traveling outside the continent for tibia lengthening? For a cheaper price than Dr Guichet that crosses the USA off of your list but there are great tibia lengthening doctors elsewhere.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Annalisa

I actually woul like to remain in Italy, my country. No cheap countries such india or East Europe.

Whereintheworld?

I had surgery with Pili and Catagni.
Ideally, they prefer patients to stay in the area during lengthening but do not insist on it as there are not usually any major problems that occur with HEF. Obviously, they would check over everything before allowing you to leave, but you would probably need to return for any corrections after lengthening, and then again for frame removal.
Given the results I had with them, I'm biased in their favor, but during just my monthly office visits alone, I saw doctors from India, Brazil, China, and an entire delegation from Japan coming to study under Pili/Catagni.
Anyways, I would say that it's at least worth having a consultation with them, especially since you're already in Italy.

helloworld

Hello world,

I understand for soft tissue lengthening limit, it is better to lengthen at a slower rate but how do you know you will not get consolidation at 0.81mm per day. Does the bone not regenerate at 1mm per day? Are you not taking a risk by lengthening slower?

There are 4 risks preconsolidation, non-union, non-recovery, soft tissue damage.
Preconsolidation is the least: the doctor just has to cut the bone again. Also, the x-rays tell you who fast you have to go to avoid it. Also, using Fitbone, the nail sound while turning changes a little when there is a lot of resistance, so you know you have to accelerate a bit.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

Annalisa

How come you had surgery with two different doctors? Do you have to click every day, like with the femoral nail?  Do they make sure you have the right flexibility before doing anything? What about the price (which is one very determing point for me)? 15000 20000 euro everything?

Whereintheworld?

How come you had surgery with two different doctors? Do you have to click every day, like with the femoral nail?  Do they make sure you have the right flexibility before doing anything? What about the price (which is one very determing point for me)? 15000 20000 euro everything?
I think you're talking to me so I'm going to send you a pm. If you weren't, than just disregard it.

Annalisa

Reply sent.

Bander72

Yeah from what I saw of unicorns experience Guichet is on the level of Mongeal. And he has the nerve to charge the prices of Paley with his ancient device.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Rod Thick

This is exactly why I created this thread about Dr. Guichet...
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

The Kaiser

Yeah from what I saw of unicorns experience Guichet is on the level of Mongeal. And he has the nerve to charge the prices of Paley with his ancient device.

You guys are *****. you forgot all the positive outcomes and catch one and just one bad behavior of him?!!

when it comes to experience he's one of the best, with some others.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

You guys are *****. you forgot all the positive outcomes and catch one and just one bad behavior of him?!!

when it comes to experience he's one of the best, with some others.

LookingAround

Man, what is your value add here? 911 shi# posts...
Current Height: 177 CM
Desired Height: 181-182 CM

TheLichKing

Guichet is indeed :-

• Over priced: His nail is a torture device. You have to do 15 clicks per day just to gain 1mm which means 150 clicks for 1cm, near 1000 clicks for people who go 6cm+ Its a pain in the as*. Despite this still charging around Rozburch/Paley lol.
  • Over rated: He allows patients to go over 7.5 cm of lengthening for their femurs.

Parihar and Birkholtz, imho, seem a better choice with precise.
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Man, what is your value add here? 911 shi# posts...

Holy crap it's mr narcissistic theory back again

Over rated: He allows patients to go over 7.5 cm of lengthening for their femurs.

As far as i remember he even allows up to 10-11cm of lengthening, what a joke.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 07:43:28 AM by YourSpaceBoyfriend »

The Kaiser

Guichet is indeed :-

• Over priced: His nail is a torture device. You have to do 15 clicks per day just to gain 1mm which means 150 clicks for 1cm, near 1000 clicks for people who go 6cm+ Its a pain in the as*. Despite this still charging around Rozburch/Paley lol.
  • Over rated: He allows patients to go over 7.5 cm of lengthening for their femurs.

Parihar and Birkholtz, imho, seem a better choice with precise.

Well there is a good and bad point, first of all its allow weight barring which is healthy for the bone, others not and this will effect the muscles. Secondly he's in the field for a very long time. Third and last, Paley and others also allowed for more than 7.5 cm. So be quite hater, if you cant afford him this will not make him a bad doctor ;). One point i agree with you its his overpriced.

Datum

At least we know the truth about him. He has some good results with patients like SouthAmerica running months after LL and some terrible results like Unicorn but he doesn't threaten people the same way than Monegal does and he's more experienced! He's still much better than Monegal. Trust me.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Four Inch

At least we know the truth about him. He has some good results with patients like SouthAmerica running months after LL and some terrible results like Unicorn but he doesn't threaten people the same way than Monegal does and he's more experienced! He's still much better than Monegal. Trust me.

Oh my God, Datum nonsense strikes again!

You most certainly have a boner for Monegal. What makes you think that Monegal threatens his patients? You and a few other trolls that have absolutely  no direct contact with Mongeal has claimed that.  As a Monegal pateint, I can assure you that he has never threatened me and if he does you will be one of the first to know.
Datum, are you North Korean by chance?  What basis do you thing Mongeal has to threaten his patients .....total slander.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up