Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Average height in a nearest future  (Read 5270 times)

YungGud

Average height in a nearest future
« on: February 07, 2017, 10:16:16 AM »

Do you think people have some kind of borderline in height increasing ,cause every generation is way taller than previous one ,or human will grow till nearly 7 ft
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

TIBIKE200

Re: Average height in a nearest future
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2017, 12:25:18 PM »

Each generation is not way taller than the last one...
I learned some stuff during this time

YungGud

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 12:56:56 PM »

Each generation is not way taller than the last one...
Ok,but at least a bit taller. An easy example im 5ft10 my parents Dad 5ft3 and mom 5 ft2 most of my friends lil taller than their parents or at least same height
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

TIBIKE200

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 01:06:51 PM »

It's because of better nutrition. But the average height won't keep to go up. There was a sharp rise during the 30's and 40's because with technlogy and sanitation (especially in the west) people were better fed and less sick so they didn't suffer growth failiures.. The best example is second generation Asian immigrants in the west who are much taller than their counterparts in Asia or their parents (but arent always as tall as the non asian population of the west).

I learned some stuff during this time

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 10:10:22 PM »

6 3"-7, be ready.
Budget will determine my future.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 10:31:36 PM »

Average British male was 5'5 in 1914.
Today they are on the upper end of 5'10.

Just lol at all the copers here trying to say "wellll, if u grew up in a first world country, it's impossible for u to stunt ur growth!" lol I spent most of puberty eating McDonalds and getting 700-1000 calories a day. And someone who got to 5'10-6' eating crapty food probably could've been 6'2-6'4.

Do you really think natural selection caused the average height to grow up 5 inches that fast? In 4 generations? But muh nutrition only stunted my growth 1 inch max? -_-

I'm almost 100% positive that the average height for white males at my university is 6'. There's just no way it's 5'10. I see someone who's 6'5 every time I go get my mail downstairs for 5 minutes. No exaggeration. I know because I get pissed off every time.

Nutrition + natural selection (everyone dating 6' dudes, seriously, every time I see a guy over 6'1 there's a 60% chance hes with a girl, taller than 6'3 I see them with multiple girls, meanwhile I've never seen anyone shorter than 5'8 with a girl). Average height for white, middle class American males will be 6'2 in 30 years. I feel like the 5'10 statistic has to be skewed by the poverty people living out in rural America. I seriously wish I could show you guys how just how small 5'10 looks here, I know a guy who's 5'10 and in any room here of 30 people he's usually the 3rd or 4th from shortest.

Big Daddy

• Banned: for implying/suggesting threat of violence and general trolling behaviour
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2017, 10:52:06 PM »

^ Can I report posts for stupidity?
5'11 visitor from r/subredditdrama. Not interested in leg lengthening. Come at me!

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 10:53:48 PM »

Ok,but at least a bit taller. An easy example im 5ft10 my parents Dad 5ft3 and mom 5 ft2 most of my friends lil taller than their parents or at least same height

What's with all of you people with super short parents but you being super tall in comparison

Average British male was 5'5 in 1914.
Today they are on the upper end of 5'10.

Just lol at all the copers here trying to say "wellll, if u grew up in a first world country, it's impossible for u to stunt ur growth!" lol I spent most of puberty eating McDonalds and getting 700-1000 calories a day. And someone who got to 5'10-6' eating crapty food probably could've been 6'2-6'4.

Do you really think natural selection caused the average height to grow up 5 inches that fast? In 4 generations? But muh nutrition only stunted my growth 1 inch max? -_-

I'm almost 100% positive that the average height for white males at my university is 6'. There's just no way it's 5'10. I see someone who's 6'5 every time I go get my mail downstairs for 5 minutes. No exaggeration. I know because I get pissed off every time.

Living in a taller country than USA and looking at people in my job(which is full of students) i can easly say that 5'11 seems like average so 5'10 for american young white male seems pretty real.

And tbh, the biggest junks i know(which were smoking, drinking alcohol in early years and eating like crap) are the tallest of my friends(starting from 6'2 to 6'5)

Nah but you can still comment for lolz

Ozymandias

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2017, 10:57:12 PM »

I wish we could.

I don't usually reply to "muh feelings" posts, but that one is atrocious.

YungGud

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2017, 09:23:24 AM »

What's with all of you people with super short parents but you being super tall in comparison

Living in a taller country than USA and looking at people in my job(which is full of students) i can easly say that 5'11 seems like average so 5'10 for american young white male seems pretty real.

And tbh, the biggest junks i know(which were smoking, drinking alcohol in early years and eating like crap) are the tallest of my friends(starting from 6'2 to 6'5)

Nah but you can still comment for lolz
thats all genetics i think .One of my friend who was 5 ft 11 or 6 ft 1(dont know exactly) at 15 and started drinking this age and...ended up at 6 ft 8 (growth spurt between 16 and 17)But his  grandpa was about 6 ft 7 or so
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Jack1066

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2017, 11:58:06 PM »

Yeah, average height increases by about 1 cm a decade and doesn't really seem to be slowing down in most countries (apart from America, but that's supposed to be because America is kinda fked). I believe the height and social class thing still exists too. Natural selection, living conditions, nutrition, weird hormones in the food, whatever, it all helps doesn't it.

I go to a Russell Group university in the UK. These are the top 20 universities. Typically, I'd say they have the tallest students because you don't really need to be smart to go to them- just rich, with a good private school education (that buys good enough grades for one of these universities, without much work, which means a lot of the students here are also sheltered and thick as crap lol). What I mean by that is that privileged students get here and it's not necessarily a meritorious selection process. My university is also apparently the sportiest university in the UK which I think has a big effect on the tallness of the students. It is really full of private school students, anyway. Apparently Oxford and Cambridge have a lower than average height, mostly to do with the overseas students. Anyway.

When I walk around my city I'd say maybe I'm taller than 20-25% of men if I discount the old guys. (I also think my height neurosis plays some tricks on me here, but I would say that percentage might even be generous- I'm scraping 5'8 but I wonder at these percentiles). But that's around my nice middle class area. If I go to some of the outer areas where everyone's on heroin I feel pretty damn average, maybe a shade short.
Walking around my university.. maybe taller than 10-15%? Maybe I should keep notes :P There are a lot of extremely tall guys too. I often see guys over 6'4.  I sometimes feel so short I question whether I actually am 5'8, lol.

A lot of white girls are also as tall or taller than me but there's more variation there. They either all seem to be 5'9 or 5'3. But I'm still legit a "woman" height here.  :'(

I'd say the "average" here begins at 5'10 and is probably around a solid 5'11 and even up to 6'0. 6'3 is still pretty giant though, as it is anywhere else. I still feel short, like in the bottom third, if I wear 1.2 inch lifts in my shoes (without heels though, which a lot of guys wear).

Contrast that to a club I went to last weekend. It was not the creme de la creme of local society, and there weren't any students there either. There were a lot of short guys there, which was interesting. I was probably taller than 40% or even 50% with my 1.2 inch lifts in, which seems about right to me statistically- even a bit tall. I went with a couple of 5'11-6'1 friends who were among the taller/tallest guys. And I really was taller than almost all the women, which was more fun. :)

I think the average for white men in our generation, in the UK/USA/Australia/New Zealand is something like 178 cm and I don't think that's a wrong average but I think it really does depend on social class and situation by a large amount. I read in France middle-class professionals and university students are on average an inch taller. 180 cm sounds solidly average at my university, and I wouldn't be surprised if a lower-class person, on average, had an inch or so less than the total average too.

I grew up in a heavily working class area and I don't feel anywhere near as short there.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 12:04:45 AM »

A lot of white girls are also as tall or taller than me but there's more variation there. They either all seem to be 5'9 or 5'3. But I'm still legit a "woman" height here.  :'(

God i don't even imagine how some of you would whine about actually being shorter than average woman.

Whatever, why i'm even trying.

Jack1066

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2017, 12:14:50 AM »

Because being shorter than an average woman sucks?

Unless that was autocorrect and you meant "shorter than a woman" in which case nope I don't mind, except both women and men here are really fking tall in general.

BTW, I wasn't really whining, the tears were meant to be a little bit self-deprecating.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 12:17:05 AM »

Because being shorter than an average woman sucks?

Orly, tell me about it.

And ye, that sad crying face rly nailed your sarcasm.

Edit: whatever you edited.

Jack1066

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2017, 12:27:01 AM »

Sigh. I'm sorry you have it rough, and being 5'5 sucks, but you're pretty much clutching at straws here. I'm saying I feel short in a certain situation. That probably looks really privileged to you when you have to deal with some sort of height neurosis everywhere. But it sounds cringey but it is all relative. For me I'm 100% clear it's attached to other much deeper psychological issues I have, they only manifested themselves in my body image pretty recently. Anyway, I don't really want to carry on along that line of conversation.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 12:30:02 AM »

It's more about calling yourself someone with "women height". It's almost as bad as all these /r/short 5'8-5'9 guys calling themselves "manlets"

Show yourself some respect.

Jack1066

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2017, 12:30:44 AM »

Fair point. Thanks for pointing it out, I guess.

I don't think I meant it exactly that way, though.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2017, 12:33:57 AM »

I grew up in a heavily working class area and I don't feel anywhere near as short there.

Lol I can't wait to get TF out of my uni. Seriously, I've never felt as short as I have here and I'm pushing 5'6 in shoes. You're noticing what I am as well, I feel like 20-30% of women I see here at my uni are EASILY 5'9-5'10. But when I go out into real society, with people who may only be 10-20 years older, it seems like the average female height quickly drops down to 5'3-5'4.

I seriously feel 2-3 inches shorter than I really am at university. In the real world I see dudes shorter than me all the time. It's such a very, very weird phenomenon.

If you're short stick to the coastal, diverse cities. fk do I love Florida, I feel like the average height in orlandoflorida / Miami is probably around 5'8-5'9. Same with California. But whatever you do, DO not venture into the midwest, stay AWAY from Minnesota! Seriously, stay FAR away!!!!

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 12:35:54 AM »

Seriously whenever I feel best about myself is when I actually go off campus and wonder off into the city. Last time I did I went into a food shop and EVERY woman (8-9 or so) in there was under 5'5.. Come back to campus at night? boom, immediately, a squad of 5'7-5'9 girls in 3 INCH heels walk past me on my way to my dorm. Brutal.

Jack1066

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 12:40:53 AM »

It's just the wealthy white middle/upper class, man. fking leeches :P

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 01:37:27 AM »

Yeah, average height increases by about 1 cm a decade and doesn't really seem to be slowing down in most countries (apart from America, but that's supposed to be because America is kinda fked). I believe the height and social class thing still exists too. Natural selection, living conditions, nutrition, weird hormones in the food, whatever, it all helps doesn't it.

Not so sure about that. In the Netherlands, it has pretty much stalled since the 1990s at 183 cm. In Denmark, it has been 181 for the last 20 years as one very smart poster here, Uppland, said several time. In the US, as you've said, there's been a plateau of about 176-177 since 40 years or so, and for example the demographic of African-American women even experienced a reduction in average height. I believe there's definitely a genetic cap.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Jack1066

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 01:43:12 AM »

Aw, that's good news (for us, lol). I think the 1 cm a decade is relevant to Australia- apparently it's not slowing down there according to this article. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/life/weekend-australian-magazine/taller-faster-sooner-australias-growth-spurt/news-story/1da72799deb50cc3188d876609e7f67b

Not sure about the UK at all, but the BBC reported the average height hadn't changed here since the 1970s, and that there isn't a height/social class distinction any more either but I don't believe the latter at all.

TheLichKing

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 04:39:48 AM »

Lol I can't wait to get TF out of my uni. Seriously, I've never felt as short as I have here and I'm pushing 5'6 in shoes. You're noticing what I am as well, I feel like 20-30% of women I see here at my uni are EASILY 5'9-5'10. But when I go out into real society, with people who may only be 10-20 years older, it seems like the average female height quickly drops down to 5'3-5'4.

I seriously feel 2-3 inches shorter than I really am at university

lol. I feel EXACTLY the same way. Worst is at uni and clubs. But when go out into society, it feels MUCH better. I can agree that 20-30% of women I see at my uni are easily 5'9-5'10 as well.

At new years club, I saw 6'2-6'3 girls with 3-4'' heels. They were significantly taller than my 5'11 friend who was wearing 1.5 inch shoes and was around 6'0.5. Two of them were standing in front of us in the line before entering, one of them turned around and first thing she ask my friend "Am I too tall for you?". My friend laughed and replied "Well you're wearing heels."  I felt SO BAD and humiliated even with my 2 inch lifts and kept a fair distance away from them. I was surprised that it was the first thing they ask.

Later inside, I saw quite a bit of girls at that same height range. It wasn't really as fun a new years celebration with this height neurosis, but was nevertheless a decent night out.

Seriously whenever I feel best about myself is when I actually go off campus and wonder off into the city. Last time I did I went into a food shop and EVERY woman (8-9 or so) in there was under 5'5.. Come back to campus at night? boom, immediately, a squad of 5'7-5'9 girls in 3 INCH heels walk past me on my way to my dorm. Brutal.

I know that feel and it's a painful backfire.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:01:34 AM by TheLichKing »
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

myloginacct

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2018, 09:50:59 PM »

Some of you guys are way too lucky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up