Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 177 cm italian male  (Read 16572 times)

drtruman

177 cm italian male
« on: February 12, 2017, 09:40:28 AM »

Hi I am 28, I'm 177, I'm average good as appearance  (so girls outside my family say) since I did a maxillofacial surgery and rhinoplasty which helped me a lot. I was on the average ugly side before. And I'm an assumed average height which is 177 cm. I noticed that most average/pretty girls here are obsessed by height in a man. Many many times on dates they made some reference to me being short/not tall enough. I admit i used to go to girls met online so appearance is more important there maybe the first thing. Anyway even asking many girls about how their ideal man should be they always say the magic word "tall" usually first. "TALL attractive confident nice...". It's not a chance. I don't feel myself so short but even "not tall enough" to date pretty women. With my average/decent face I think that being on the average/tall side would give me that bonus which would make the difference.
I am introvert also and never had a gf so far. I think I should work much on my personality and be more open and funny. But still being tall would help me indirectly, because when you are tall world smiles to you a bit more. I'm not saying that tall people have an easy life, but an easier life.  People have the attitude to associate height with power so they tend to respect more tall guys. This means tall guys get constantly these feedbacks which slowly build their confidence. Not to add the same fact that walking even only 10 cm over the heads of the other people gives you that feeling of being "superior".

I noticed that here the new average/good height is 182/183 cm at least. And that is what would be enough for me. I would be as tall as di caprio for example (not as attractive of course) and I have never heard anyone saying that didn't caprio is not tall enough.

I am not rich, I would like to spend the least possible. Also I would accept even 3 cm instead than 5 if that meant less money spent.

Bander72

Re: 177 cm italian male
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:58:07 AM »

Your main focus should be a quality doctor over how cheap the surgery can be. There are many cheap doctors that will ruin  your legs. Dr Parihar is a reputable doctor that would be on the more economic price but you will defiantly need to save a lot of money still for the whole procedure. There is also the commitment because you will be semi crippledetached for a couple of months.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Ozymandias

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 10:12:07 AM »

Your main focus should be a quality doctor over how cheap the surgery can be.

His main focus should be a shrink, not a LL doctor.

Hi I am 28, I'm 177, I'm average good as appearance  (so girls outside my family say) since I did a maxillofacial surgery and rhinoplasty which helped me a lot. I was on the average ugly side before. And I'm an assumed average height which is 177 cm. I noticed that most average/pretty girls here are obsessed by height in a man. Many many times on dates they made some reference to me being short/not tall enough. I admit i used to go to girls met online so appearance is more important there maybe the first thing. Anyway even asking many girls about how their ideal man should be they always say the magic word "tall" usually first. "TALL attractive confident nice...". It's not a chance. I don't feel myself so short but even "not tall enough" to date pretty women. With my average/decent face I think that being on the average/tall side would give me that bonus which would make the difference.
I am introvert also and never had a gf so far. I think I should work much on my personality and be more open and funny. But still being tall would help me indirectly, because when you are tall world smiles to you a bit more. I'm not saying that tall people have an easy life, but an easier life.  People have the attitude to associate height with power so they tend to respect more tall guys. This means tall guys get constantly these feedbacks which slowly build their confidence. Not to add the same fact that walking even only 10 cm over the heads of the other people gives you that feeling of being "superior".

I noticed that here the new average/good height is 182/183 cm at least. And that is what would be enough for me. I would be as tall as di caprio for example (not as attractive of course) and I have never heard anyone saying that didn't caprio is not tall enough.

I am not rich, I would like to spend the least possible. Also I would accept even 3 cm instead than 5 if that meant less money spent.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 10:17:12 AM »

I am introvert also and never had a gf so far. I think I should work much on my personality and be more open and funny.

His main focus should be a shrink, not a LL doctor.

Yup. Especially that he already is into plastic surgery.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 11:48:08 AM »

I live in Emilia Romagna which is in the taller part of Italy. The average is not 183... Not even 180. You are perfectly average in Italy and even taller than the average in the south.

About height, yeah... I know that in Italy they have that phrase "Height is half the beauty-Altezza mezza belezza", but still, at your height you have no disadvantage what so ever... Also, who cares about what women find ideal? Of course they are going to find a tall, handsome, confident and rich guy as ideal... For me, Ornella Muti (when she was young) is the ideal women but I still date women far less pretty than her. If I, as an immigrant, 171 tall guy have no problem with women here, so shouldnt you.

Your problem is without doubt psycological and not appearance related.. The fact that you did past plastic surgeries also reinforce that you are not mentally ok
I learned some stuff during this time

Jack1066

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 12:17:38 PM »

Hey, I wonder if your problem isn't more a lack of confidence. You say you've never had a girlfriend. I am 5'8, in an area of the world that is quite a bit taller than Italy (and also I live in a student population where the average male height is probably closer to 6 ft than 5'10) and I don't have a (big) problem, and I'm certainly not good looking or in great shape physically.

I have a 6'3 friend who has also never had a girlfriend and he is all around much more attractive than me. I have a 5'6 friend (granted, very good looks, charismatic, well dressed etc.) who has been with a lot (really a lot) of beautiful and attractive women. The big difference is the 5'6 guy has charisma and good social skills.

Do you know that self-confidence can change people's perception of your height by a couple of inches? I forget where I read this (it was in some article on the internet), but I think it is true. I've had both low self esteem and high self esteem in my life, and both times I've been asked if my height is 5'10 or 5'6. Posture matters too.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2017, 09:48:02 PM »

I woudln´t recomend this surgery to you, since it´s probably something mentally that has nothing to do with your physical appearance. Another plastic surgery won´t help you, better safe the money and invest it in some coaching or some decent clothing.

vegeta24

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2017, 10:24:01 PM »

If he wants to get limb lengthening at his height it shouldn't be anyones concern. We are all insecure about ourselves no matter what you may say. There are plenty of short people and below average height people who live happy and great lives. The fact that some of you are telling him to see a shrink is irony, obviously he doesn't need LL but if he wants to do it and wants answers who are WE out of all people to judge the route he's taking?

TIBIKE200

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2017, 11:11:43 PM »

If he wants to get limb lengthening at his height it shouldn't be anyones concern. We are all insecure about ourselves no matter what you may say. There are plenty of short people and below average height people who live happy and great lives. The fact that some of you are telling him to see a shrink is irony, obviously he doesn't need LL but if he wants to do it and wants answers who are WE out of all people to judge the route he's taking?

Because than this forum will start to look like a pro anorexic forum.

"Hi! I am a 168cm tall girl and I weigh 38kgs. I feel that a couple of kgs less would make me perfect. Can anyone tell me what's the easiest method to lose weight fast? I tried sticking a finger in my mouth to vomit but it helped me with only losing a couple hundreds of grams. I heard about some diet pills. What would anyone here reccomend?"
I learned some stuff during this time

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2017, 11:16:47 PM »

dont do LL you want it for all the wrong reasons.Whoever is going to love you is gonna love you for you not because your a few cm taller and if they do then i wouldnt be attracted to that person at all. 177 cm is not bad at all. it's a dateable height and women are either as tall as you or shorter. only 10% of women here in usa are taller than 5'7. put on some lifts and your 5'10. if i was naturally 5'8 i wouldn't even consider this surgery. yes, you wont be some hunk 6'4 250 lbs beast and every woman will probably desire you 100x more if u were but the genetics just aren't on our side my friend. we do LL for internal happiness not to make someone else see us as more desirable.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2017, 11:17:28 PM »

Tibikie pretty much nailed it. You people really don't know how serious this surgery is, even when i'm medically short stature im still considering myself crazy to even think about LL.

The fact that some of you are telling him to see a shrink is irony

I was already visiting a shrink.

Get rekt boiiiiii

vegeta24

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2017, 11:42:05 PM »

lmao how did i get rekt? it's ironic when someone who has some form of body dysmorphic disorder is trying to give advice to someone else who has it (I have it and so does everyone else here no matter what they say, even if you're just insecure about height). you don't need LL and no one should be doing this for society. I agree that he shouldn't do it, he seems to be doing it to want to impress other people judging by his post. do it for yourself and don't have the intention of trying to please girls. there are people here who are trying to get taller than 177 CM, which is the OP's height right now. OP I would suggest thinking this through, this is a very time consuming difficult surgery and you need to do your research first.

Jack1066

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2017, 11:57:05 PM »

Haha TIBIKE that comment was gold. But I have to ask you, I am 172.5 cm at the lowest, does that 0.22 cm below the magical 5'8 mean it's OK if I get LL? :P

The truth is we are all kind of crazy for this, but it's true that the shorter you get the less crazy it is.

Like I said in my earlier reply, don't do it for women. An extra inch or two isn't going to transform you in the way you think it will. Try to develop your self-confidence instead, it's free, and it will really transform you. That's just my honest opinion.

(And yes, vegeta, I have a body image disorder and I accept that, and I also would like to lengthen over 177 cm, but the point is that doing it just for women, at his height already, will not actually get him women, so it is a real waste if he does so, and that is my honest opinion. If he was 5'5 and doing it for women I might have a different response, because imo most women will not want to be with a 5'5 man, on the other hand I think most women are very happy with a 5'9-10 man).

Jack1066

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2017, 11:59:16 PM »

Oh, my bad, thought TIBIKE also posted 0184946's post

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2017, 12:21:59 AM »

lmao how did i get rekt? it's ironic when someone who has some form of body dysmorphic disorder is trying to give advice to someone else who has it (I have it and so does everyone else here no matter what they say, even if you're just insecure about height). you don't need LL and no one should be doing this for society. I agree that he shouldn't do it, he seems to be doing it to want to impress other people judging by his post. do it for yourself and don't have the intention of trying to please girls. there are people here who are trying to get taller than 177 CM, which is the OP's height right now. OP I would suggest thinking this through, this is a very time consuming difficult surgery and you need to do your research first.

Fkin hell....

First of all, he wanted an opinion he got one.
Second i recommend to visit a shrink to absolutly everybody anyway.

And well, just because there were people that were taller than him doesn't mean crap, basically i can use tibikie example and say "just because there are people that weight less than you doesn't mean that you should drop down when u are already 38kgs"

Getting this surgery when you are average already is just pointless, tons of drowbacks for barely any positives.

And btw this guy clearly has some serious problems with his own body image and taking in account that he already did plastic surgery just raises a huge red flag.

onemorefoot

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 02:13:55 AM »

Some drs like Rozbruch, wont do the surgery for you, because you have haz many surgeries.
Budget will determine my future.

yyes

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 03:00:08 AM »

Get the surgery if it will make you happy. However, I do agree that getting it wont solve your girl issues. But if it is going to make you happy, then who are we to tell you not to do it. You do only live once and honestly, in 1000 years from now no one is going to know about our existence so take advantage of your time doing what makes you happy.

Having said that, be careful, do your research and follow your doctors advice because this is a serious surgery. Maybe more so than the plastic surgery that you have had up to now.

onemorefoot

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 03:17:13 AM »

The problem I see here, is that even if he gets the surgery, he will find another thing and will want to "fix" it.

yyes

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 03:22:22 AM »

The problem I see here, is that even if he gets the surgery, he will find another thing and will want to "fix" it.

Yeah I agree. But what else could there be after that? Eventually he will realize that its not his looks(since he got the surgery) and its not his height (since he got the surgery).

So what else would he blame it on?

Ultimately though, if he wants to get it, he should go for it. I realize people say its a risky surgery but if you go to a reputable doctor and follow instructions I would think he would be fine.

TheLichKing

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 07:44:19 AM »

Yeah I agree. But what else could there be after that? Eventually he will realize that its not his looks(since he got the surgery) and its not his height (since he got the surgery).

So what else would he blame it on?

Such a superficial world we live in, atleast from the past few decades. What could be next? Well maybe body laser hair removal surgery? Gotta impress the ladies with those nice abs or maybe even lip augmentation/reduction surgery lol.

Oh wait, wait.... could it be the Stroma eye surgery which changes brown eyes to blue by removing the dark pigment covering the anterior iris and revealing the underlying natural blue stroma?
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 07:30:16 PM »

I've seen this multiple times on this site and I need to say something. I'm not sure why many people on this forum are so negative and condescending to people, almost mocking those who undergo mainstream, extremely safe cosmetic surgery to improve aspects of their appearance that they are uncomfortable with.

Please bear in mind that many of those who are so negative and high and mighty concerning plastic surgery are debating or planning on whether to consent to a doctor snapping their legs in a very painful, unconventional, possibly dangerous and widely frowned upon procedure and then stretch them for months which may lead to permanent physical disability for the rest of their lives for a few inches in height. Many people would consider it insanity and several light-years more worrying than a simple rhinoplasty or hair transplant. I would say this leaves no room to be patronizing and act high and mighty to others in regards to cosmetic procedures.

Now please can we make this a more positive place and welcoming to users new and old? Many users have stated how they feel this forum is toxic, many users are negative and bitter and don't find it a positive place to be. Even if you don't agree with somebody, it takes only a little effort to be courteous and speak to them as a fellow human being. Many people are going through their own personal battles and being repeatedly denigrated, mocked and their problems belittled  can be very damaging, almost too much for some people. I would expect many here know this feeling and should know better when speaking to others regardless of whether they can be empathetic, at the very least they should be sympathetic.

Let's all think before we post a comment and try to be a little kinder in 2017 in an effort to show people that this is a positive, welcoming place in which we are all here to discuss, educate and help each other.

paco1

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 07:49:45 PM »

you have a very good height. With shoes you are easily in 1,80 the perfect height.
Forget this surgery. this be worth the effort for people under 1'70.
you have another problems but the height isn,t.

paco1

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2017, 07:57:39 PM »

perhaps much people envy you because they are so tall and you have a very good height.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2017, 09:14:06 PM »

I've seen this multiple times on this site and I need to say something. I'm not sure why many people on this forum are so negative and condescending to people, almost mocking those who undergo mainstream, extremely safe cosmetic surgery to improve aspects of their appearance that they are uncomfortable with.

Please bear in mind that many of those who are so negative and high and mighty concerning plastic surgery are debating or planning on whether to consent to a doctor snapping their legs in a very painful, unconventional, possibly dangerous and widely frowned upon procedure and then stretch them for months which may lead to permanent physical disability for the rest of their lives for a few inches in height. Many people would consider it insanity and several light-years more worrying than a simple rhinoplasty or hair transplant. I would say this leaves no room to be patronizing and act high and mighty to others in regards to cosmetic procedures.

Now please can we make this a more positive place and welcoming to users new and old? Many users have stated how they feel this forum is toxic, many users are negative and bitter and don't find it a positive place to be. Even if you don't agree with somebody, it takes only a little effort to be courteous and speak to them as a fellow human being. Many people are going through their own personal battles and being repeatedly denigrated, mocked and their problems belittled  can be very damaging, almost too much for some people. I would expect many here know this feeling and should know better when speaking to others regardless of whether they can be empathetic, at the very least they should be sympathetic.

Let's all think before we post a comment and try to be a little kinder in 2017 in an effort to show people that this is a positive, welcoming place in which we are all here to discuss, educate and help each other.

onemorefoot

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2017, 09:41:05 PM »

Really??

vegeta24

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2017, 09:56:53 PM »

exactly lol. some of the users here as evident in this thread act so oblivious I'm not sure if they're trolling or if they're serious. They think LL is the only surgery that's "justified" and doesn't count because you're only changing your height and not your facial aesthetics.  I notice it is the same users who do this. This dude probably paid 5-7k or even less for a rhino while the people here think it's perfectly okay to spend 25k-100k to break their legs and lengthen them for a few extra inches. as you can tell some people here are pretty dense.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2017, 10:11:01 PM »

It's not about that he wants to do this specific surgery but it's about that he wants to do another plastic surgery you utter imbeciles.

But i guess we should pat everybody on the back and say that LL is nothing, absolute walk in the park.
Some of you really don't know what are you talking about.

LL will always be the last resort no matter what and comparing perfectly average male which did already 2 plastic surgeries to really short people that mostly got huge portion of a social stigma is just a joke.

There are more ways to cure height dysphoria than just crappy surgery that has a good chance to make you partially disabled.

But apparently special snowflakes will call every "negative" opinion "hating" or "trolling" unless it's censored with good addition of fluffy puppies and rainbows. Who needs truth anyways am i right?

onemorefoot

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2017, 10:18:46 PM »

It's not about that he wants to do this specific surgery but it's about that he wants to do another plastic surgery you utter imbeciles.

But i guess we should pat everybody on the back and say that LL is nothing, absolute walk in the park.
Some of you really don't know what are you talking about.

LL will always be the last resort no matter what and comparing perfectly average male which did already 2 plastic surgeries to really short people that mostly got huge portion of a social stigma is just a joke.

There are more ways to cure height dysphoria than just crappy surgery that has a good chance to make you partially disabled.
Cannot be written better

We dont envy you for your height like an user wrote above, we are saying that not every single problem can be cured with cuts in your body, I sometimes think I am crazy just for consider this. Risks can be lowered if you go to a decent doctor, but risks are real.

yyes

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2017, 10:25:48 PM »

Couldn't agree with you more. You can state your opinion without mocking, ridiculing, or being condescending.
That   pisses me off. It's a help forum to help each other out. Maybe this guy does have bdd. But there are much better ways to tell him to really think about his decisions

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2017, 10:36:04 PM »

Of course I don't advocate limb lengthening to ever be taken lightly, I thought I made that patently clear in my first post that it is very a very surgery with very serious potential side effects, much more so than any plastic surgery. Your point on ways to cure height dysphoria other than limb lengthening surgery is a very significant point in which I completely agree, if there is any other alternative then I wholeheartedly agree that it should be taken in place of the procedure. Unfortunately, this isn't always possible. I believe you may be mistaking my position of advocating respect and positivity as complete support for the original posters intentions which is not the case.

At no point did I ask for people not to tell the truth or lie about the severity of limb lengthening, merely to be respectful and treat people like human beings like a mature adult instead of resorting to mockery or abuse regardless of whether you believe the user is ridiculous in their thought processes or actions, surely if one is lacking the emotional maturity of basic human decency then considering a life altering surgery should not even be considered. This isn't the first thread and certainly not the worst in regards to some quite questionable posts by certain members using it as an opportunity to put others down for whatever reason which I find rather distasteful.

All I ask is that people attempt to word their replies in a more civil and respectful way while maintaining a non-judgmental outlook going forward to ensure this forum remains a positive and constructive place to discuss all issues regarding limb lengthening. It's possible to be straightforward and blunt without being hostile, condescending and abusive, as I said in my previous post, words may seem inconsequential but may have a profound effect on somebody suffering from height dysphoria or body dysmorphic disorder on a low ebb, to the point where they may never feel able to discuss the matter again which I assumed many people on this very forum would be sympathetic and more sensitive to, enough to give out the respect they themselves would wish from others in regards to their consideration of limb lengthening.

I've said my piece and hopefully clarified my position on the issue. My post wasn't intending to antagonize or upset users, merely to raise an issue that I felt needed raising after seeing several threads that have spiraled into negativity and vitriol yet has clearly been divisive and you seem to have taken it personally. Of course, you are completely welcome to disagree, I respect your right and any other users to have an opinion but I do feel that resorting derogatory marks was disproportionate to the post I put forward. From the many threads I have read through over the past several months, nearly every user in this thread has been a kind, compassionate and positive force on this forum to those who were in need of some advice and all I wish is that it continues.

Have a good evening.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 11:09:08 PM by 682 »

vegeta24

« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2017, 11:00:12 PM »

OP I suggest you see somebody before you decide on doing this surgery, and that goes for everyone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up