Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Parihar vs Dr Monegal  (Read 18354 times)

yyes

Dr Parihar vs Dr Monegal
« on: February 13, 2017, 01:41:39 PM »

I have nailed down my choices to these two doctors. I will be budgeting 20k for this surgery and financing the other 20-30k.

I figure better to invest in yourself than to buy a new car or whatever.

I will be doing 5.5 cm. My biggest concern is to recover as soon as possible. For me recovery means to not walk with any limp whatsoever. To be able to walk like a normal person without any aid.

How long would that take if I went with internals?

Re: Dr Parihar vs Dr Monegal
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 07:07:40 PM »

I have nailed down my choices to these two doctors. I will be budgeting 20k for this surgery and financing the other 20-30k

I strongly advise against financing to pay for limb lengthening surgery. Please consider delaying the procedure and saving the funds for the surgery, accommodation, any other necessities and potential complications until you can pay for it in its entirety.

I will be doing 5.5 cm. My biggest concern is to recover as soon as possible. For me recovery means to not walk with any limp whatsoever. To be able to walk like a normal person without any aid.

Nobody can predict the future. You may breeze through the procedure or may encounter numerous problems, there is no certainty in regards to this surgery. 5.5CM is a reasonably safe amount of lengthening, especially if femoral but I'd still advise doing a maximum of 5CM on either segment.

How long would that take if I went with internals?

This will be dependent on the lengthening phase. From the FAQ - Generally, for an increase of 5cm on one segment, the whole process should take about 6 months from operation, to being able to walk again. For 7cm you would add a month.

Now to your main question, personally I would say that Dr Parihar is the better option in this case. I believe he was trained by Paley, is a very competent doctor and the people that chose him to perform the procedure have had relatively acceptable to good results.

Auron

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 05:00:58 PM »

Based on my own experience, and keep in mind that I'm not done yet, I can totally recommend Dr, Monegal.

I'd say you would be able to walk between 1 to 2 months after the lengthening phase. Actually, 1 month after the lengthening phase is pretty realistic. However, you should consider what 682 said, no one can predict the future.

yyes

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 06:10:11 PM »

Based on my own experience, and keep in mind that I'm not done yet, I can totally recommend Dr, Monegal.

I'd say you would be able to walk between 1 to 2 months after the lengthening phase. Actually, 1 month after the lengthening phase is pretty realistic. However, you should consider what 682 said, no one can predict the future.

Walk without a limp or anything like that?

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 06:21:30 PM »

Do you like having a leg dispreparcy?
Do you enjoy implants without any weight bearing?
Would you like to be operated by a doctor that gets triggered by every bad opinion about him?

You came to the right place! Dr. Monegal will gladly operate you!
If you order your surgery now you will get additional lifetime wheelchair completly for free!!*

*Offer valid as long as stock lasts.

yyes

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2017, 07:12:29 PM »

Would you like to be operated by a doctor that gets triggered by every bad opinion about him?

If you order your surgery now you will get additional lifetime wheelchair completly for free!!*

Oh wow. Did you or someone you know have a bad experience with him?

Auron

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2017, 08:05:02 PM »

Do you mean leg discrepancy? I've a leg discrepancy because I chose too, the doctor operates both legs at the same time.
I've been walking with crutches since 3 days after surgery, not sure what you're on about the non weight bearing.
Also, the doctor has not been in the forum for a while.

And for the record, I'm enjoying my life more than you are enjoying yours, even with a leg discrepancy  ;)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2017, 08:08:20 PM »

See even his patients get triggered

Auron

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 08:14:18 PM »

And for the record, I'm enjoying my life more than you are enjoying yours, even with a leg discrepancy  ;)

I'm sorry about this statement, I never meant to make fun of someone who has attempted suicide.

yyes

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 08:16:37 PM »

I'm sorry about this statement, I never meant to make fun of someone who has attempted suicide.

Can you add to this Auron? Why the negative comments about Monegal? Does he have bad reviews or whats up?

Im just assessing all my options.

notimportant

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 08:16:45 PM »

If I had to choose Dr Parihar or Dr Monegal I would choose Parihar because he uses Precice. Dr Monegal has many bad cases because his nail is bad. Some patients have had to have many surgeries due to nail problems. Many patients have also had problems with him as a doctor and personally because he blackmails and pushes patient to write positive reviews to fish more patients. He yells at patients if they write bad things according to Cinsontide.
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

yyes

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2017, 08:24:18 PM »

If I had to choose Dr Parihar or Dr Monegal I would choose Parihar because he uses Precice. Dr Monegal has many bad cases because his nail is bad. Some patients have had to have many surgeries due to nail problems. Many patients have also had problems with him as a doctor and personally because he blackmails and pushes patient to write positive reviews to fish more patients. He yells at patients if they write bad things according to Cinsontide.

Holy   really?

Thats a bit odd.

The problem with Parihar is that he has only done one case of precise so Im wondering if his experience with precise will influence the outcome. Because he has only used precise on one patient.

Auron

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2017, 08:25:24 PM »

Can you add to this Auron? Why the negative comments about Monegal? Does he have bad reviews or whats up?

Im just assessing all my options.
There is a diary in this forum of a patient called Cooper who had a bad experience with Monegal, you can read his diary. I read his diary and still chose Monegal because I believed that many things tha were told in this forum were not the truth. I don't regret my decision and I'm sharing the results with everyone by writing my own diary.

*edit* You're new to this forum but Notimportant is an account of LLuser1, a user that got banned for spreading rumours about Monegal and his patients.

notimportant

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2017, 08:28:29 PM »

Yyes you should read the forum carefully. Cooper is telling the truth in his diary. He's a brave guy. Other guys have had problems and don't tell the truth. You also have Musicmaker worst case in LL history according to this forum. Read carefully before taking a decision

notimportant

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2017, 08:45:10 PM »

I'm not Lluser. He's banned and I'm not and I shouldn't because I have behaved propery.

Lluser was banned for being repetitive but he wasn't lying. IMO he shouldn't have been banned because rumors were authentic. He should have been given just a warn or two. Mods should reconsider his admission.

Penguinn

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2017, 09:08:28 PM »

I'm not Lluser. He's banned and I'm not and I shouldn't because I have behaved propery.

Lluser was banned for being repetitive but he wasn't lying. IMO he shouldn't have been banned because rumors were authentic. He should have been given just a warn or two. Mods should reconsider his admission.

He was banned for derailing threads that didn't concern Dr. Monegal into anti-Monegal flaming, and for spreading misinformation regarding the death of a patient. I wasn't a mod when this was done, but it seems fair.

I do however believe that he should've been issued a strict warning many months ago for derailing, which makes a ban more justifiable than letting someone do as they please and banning them all of a sudden for good.

notimportant

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 10:56:12 PM »

He antimonegal flaming but he didn't lie about the death of that person because one guy  had a femur fracture and died in the guesthouse. Some patients said he wasn't a Monegal patient and Lluser admitted he wasn't. It's all in the thread.

Patients promote Fitbone and Dr Monegal because they have been told to.

yyes

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 11:22:15 PM »

He antimonegal flaming but he didn't lie about the death of that person because one guy  had a femur fracture and died in the guesthouse. Some patients said he wasn't a Monegal patient and Lluser admitted he wasn't. It's all in the thread.

A femur fracture can cause death?

notimportant

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 11:24:01 PM »

Yes it can if complications arise

Chris

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2017, 11:29:10 PM »

A femur fracture can cause death?

Depending on the fracture, you can internally bleed to death or die from fat embolism syndrome.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Auron

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 12:50:57 AM »

I'm not Lluser.
Thank you for bluntly lying about your identity, it just helps me proving my point.

I don't know about the rules of this forum but spreading false information about a doctor like this should be forbidden.

notimportant

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 01:07:00 AM »

You Auron you're spreading false information when you say I'm Lluser.

The prmotion thing is not false information. I don't know if the doctor told you to promote him but he has done that in the past. He pushed people to write positive reviews and punished them when they posted negative aspects. Patients themselves posted this in the boards, Cinsomtide and Cooper and others.

Auron

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 01:17:31 AM »

You Auron you're spreading false information when you say I'm Lluser.

The prmotion thing is not false information. I don't know if the doctor told you to promote him but he has done that in the past. He pushed people to write positive reviews and punished them when they posted negative aspects. Patients themselves posted this in the boards, Cinsomtide and Cooper and others.
The more you talk, the more obvious you are. Might as well call yourself Lluser2.

::)

Bander72

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2017, 01:20:09 AM »

I think precise is a lot better than fitbone and parihar has had a better reputation in the forum.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

notimportant

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2017, 01:23:13 AM »

Everybody knows Precice is better than Fitbone in accuracy and Fitbone fails more often. The Fitbone nails is bad according to patients themselves. It fails often and it isn't accurate.

crimsontide

« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2017, 02:16:09 AM »

I actually have a good relationship with Monegal, and will be getting the rod taken out in June

He  did a good job with my deformity, and  the hospital he works it is very clean and very modern.  I can't say the same about my experience in India

yyes

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2017, 05:06:36 PM »

I actually have a good relationship with Monegal, and will be getting the rod taken out in June

He  did a good job with my deformity, and  the hospital he works it is very clean and very modern.  I can't say the same about my experience in India

Did you have any complications with monegal?

helloworld

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2017, 04:40:47 PM »

I am currently a patient of Dr. Monegal, just as Auron. I do not know much about Dr. Parihar, except from this forum. I had been in touch with Guichet and Betz before. I am a PhD myself and have studied limb lengthening at length before getting it done.

So let me weigh in on the discussion.
The biggest difference is between internal and external limb lengthening. For cosmetic limb lengthening you definitely want to go with internal.
Most common internal nails are Guichet nail, Betz nail, Fitbone and Precise. I do not know which one is best, but I decided for Fitbone for these reasons:
1. developed by cooperation of Dr. Baumgart, an person that worked before together with Guichet (you can see them together on Guichet’s website) and Wittenstein, a German manufacturer of precision engines
2. Read good review
3. Dr. Monegal explained me advantages of Guichet and Betz nail, and that he also could operate with Precise, which would pay him a lot of commission for each operation, but he prefers Fitbone for medical reasons
I had a problem but I do not blame them for this. However, I still have to see if they take full responsibility for the complications, so my final judgement on Fitbone, on if they are not only good engineers but also an ethical company, is still out; they are still investigating what happend.

I decided for Dr. Monegal for these reasons:
I did not see much difference between Dr. Monegal, Betz, Guichet, Paley etc.
I talked to him and he was able to convince me of his reputation and skill

So far none of the patients that I have personally met have told me that in hindsight they might have chosen a different doctor. Even Musicmaker, a friend of mine, says she might not have done operation if she would have known complications but she would not have chosen a different doctor.

I decided against any doctor from outside Western Europe and US, because I am still a bit scared of surgery in a developing country.

Anybody, who thinks I am getting pushed by Dr. Monegal to write this, could just write me, or Auron or Musicmaker, for a private opinion.
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

notimportant

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2017, 09:58:06 PM »

Did you have any complications with monegal?

He did LL in India and had complications. Dr Monegal offered to fix him for a price. He had his surgery and while in hospital he complained in the forum about not feeling his leg. Dr Monegal came to his room to yell at him for writing that in the forum. Cinsotide has complained in the board Dr Monegal doesnt' answer when he can't take profit of him.

yyes

« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2017, 10:16:44 PM »

I am currently a patient of Dr. Monegal, just as Auron. I do not know much about Dr. Parihar, except from this forum. I had been in touch with Guichet and Betz before. I am a PhD myself and have studied limb lengthening at length before getting it done.

The biggest difference is between internal and external limb lengthening. For cosmetic limb lengthening you definitely want to go with internal.
Most common internal nails are Guichet nail, Betz nail, Fitbone and Precise. I do not know which one is best, but I decided for Fitbone for these reasons:
1. developed by cooperation of Dr. Baumgart, an person that worked before together with Guichet (you can see them together on Guichet’s website) and Wittenstein, a German manufacturer of precision engines
2. Read good review
3. Dr. Monegal explained me advantages of Guichet and Betz nail, and that he also could operate with Precise, which would pay him a lot of commission for each operation, but he prefers Fitbone for medical reasons
I had a problem but I do not blame them for this. However, I still have to see if they take full responsibility for the complications, so my final judgement on Fitbone, on if they are not only good engineers but also an ethical company, is still out; they are still investigating what happend.

So far none of the patients that I have personally met have told me that in hindsight they might have chosen a different doctor. Even Musicmaker, a friend of mine, says she might not have done operation if she would have known complications but she would not have chosen a different doctor.

I decided against any doctor from outside Western Europe and US, because I am still a bit scared of surgery in a developing country.

Anybody, who thinks I am getting pushed by Dr. Monegal to write this, could just write me, or Auron or Musicmaker, for a private opinion.

My biggest concern is dying or having my legs amputated. And from what notimportant says that kind of worries me.

Do you have any sources to verify what you say notimportant?

notimportant

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2017, 10:28:34 PM »

2. Read good review

I don't expect Auron or Musicmaker to tell the truth because they are current patients like Helloworld. That's like asking Dr Monegal himself. Waste of time

Dr Baumgart deveoped his Fitbone with Betz, not Guichet. Baumgart and Guichet have been together in LL meetings but didn't develop a nail together. You aren't as informed as you say.  Your Phd not in medicine
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up