Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this height realistic?  (Read 1687 times)

Scarfex

Is this height realistic?
« on: February 11, 2017, 11:40:20 AM »

Hello,

i am 5'7 ft in cm 170. I want to increase my height to ~181, 182. 7cm in femur and 5cm in tibia.

So

1. Is that height realistic?
2. How Long take both Surgery + Recovery?
3. Is 30k € enough for the femur surgery?
4. How much Cost internal femur?

Re: Is this height realistic?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 02:33:36 PM »

Hello,

i am 5'7 ft in cm 170. I want to increase my height to ~181, 182. 7cm in femur and 5cm in tibia.

So

1. Is that height realistic?
2. How Long take both Surgery + Recovery?
3. Is 30k € enough for the femur surgery?
4. How much Cost internal femur?

1) Yes. A height gain of 11-12CM through lengthening both the tibia and femur is realistic. In personal opinion, 12CM lengthening on both segments is the utter maximum I would personally advise a person lengthen for safety and proportion if that person has the bone length to accomodate it. I personally prefer % measurements.

2) Although the time span from surgery to being able to walk again varies dependent on many factors - rate of lengthening, pain threshold, bone consolidation etc. Generally, for an increase of 5cm on one segment, the whole process should take about 6 months from operation, to being able to walk again. For 7cm you would add a month. For a full recovery? Years and possibly never. I'm sure a more knowledgeable member can shed light on this issue and is more qualified to answer this specific question.

3) Completely dependent on the doctor you choose to perform the surgery. In my opinion, the only surgeons I would personally trust to perform such a complicated procedure fall in the price range of approximately ~$50000 and well above.

4) See question 3. It's important to note most members and doctors advise internal femurs.

If you have anymore questions I would be happy to answer them to the best of my knowledge and I'm sure some other members will be along shortly to weigh in their opinions.

Scarfex

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2017, 03:24:05 PM »

Thank you! !! My wingspan is only 5'7 too. How important is the wingspan?

Penguinn

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2017, 03:58:54 PM »

Thank you! !! My wingspan is only 5'7 too. How important is the wingspan?

Exceeding your wingspan by 3" is where arms start to look off. This is a bit subjective, but I highly recommend not exceeding your wingspan by 4".

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 07:09:01 PM »

Arm length is more important than wingspan. Wingspan is often misleading, 2 people could have a wingspan that differs by 10CM yet have the same length arms. I'd advise you to judge on where your hands fall on your legs and judge from there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up