Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7cm Rush with Dr. Kulesh in St. Petersburg, Russia  (Read 10923 times)

myloginacct

Re: 7cm Rush with Dr. Kulesh in St. Petersburg, Russia
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2018, 04:29:30 PM »

Reminds me of an interesting paper I read recently, Cosmetic limb lengthening in a patient of normal stature: ethical considerations. On one hand he's 5'7" (170 cm) which is a good height in India, and his parents weren't informed; on the other he's 23 (i.e. independent), and refusing surgery has a different set of ethical questions since that decision is also subjective one, much like the patient's own.

A pretty good height: actually above average in India. Like 6 feet for white dudes in the US. The average is 5'10, but 6ft is not actually uncommon, and even seems the norm in some places, specially if you have height neurosis.

Well, just going by the data I've seen, anyway, where average height for men in India has remained 5-10cm shorter than in Japan over the last decades (and hasn't changed in a century).

Thank you for link, Android. It seems very interesting. I'll give it a read.

Android

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2018, 08:09:21 PM »

A pretty good height: actually above average in India. Like 6 feet for white dudes in the US. The average is 5'10, but 6ft is not actually uncommon, and even seems the norm in some places, specially if you have height neurosis.

Yep, I felt pretty normal over there, but did encounter plenty of taller guys too, especially near the cities. Big country after all, and the influence of height preference in Bollywood/Tollywood -- and by extension, Hollywood -- is a big one. And like Gonnabegreek, some want to go up a step too, in this case above average to beyond.

From what I know, Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin doesn't seem to have a limit (though it may influence their consultation). A thread with docs that do and don't would be interesting.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2018, 02:01:37 PM »

Yep, I felt pretty normal over there, but did encounter plenty of taller guys too, especially near the cities. Big country after all, and the influence of height preference in Bollywood/Tollywood -- and by extension, Hollywood -- is a big one. And like Gonnabegreek, some want to go up a step too, in this case above average to beyond.

From what I know, Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin doesn't seem to have a limit (though it may influence their consultation). A thread with docs that do and don't would be interesting.

This diary is so crazy. The worst part is that we can't e-mail Dr. Kulesh to confirm whether the story is true. Patient confidentiality and medical ethics. I wouldn't even like if Dr. Kulesh actually replied. I'm just bothered we'll never know if this story is true.

181cm and lengthening at 1.75mm a day... Among other things...

I agree a thread like that would be interesting.

Johnson1111

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2018, 07:40:45 PM »

Dr. Kulesh told me he does not recommend going over 7cm on femurs for most people as it's an increased rate of complications.

n37r0

« Reply #35 on: May 13, 2018, 04:16:45 AM »

Only 2.5k for that surgery in a Russian hospital?? wtf why is it so expensive in other places and more third world countries like India?
Height:5'10.5/179cm.
Desired height:6'0 or 6'1
Braces correct crap teeth, LL corrects crap height

« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2018, 02:43:02 PM »

Only 2.5k for that surgery in a Russian hospital?? wtf why is it so expensive in other places and more third world countries like India?

Russia is a communist country, meaning everyone regardless of what they do is paid the same. The reason indian doctors charge more is because youre a foreigner and most doctors exploit the inflation rate and economic stability in your country. Think about it. If youre a doctor, and you got a patient thats from your communist country youre gonna charge him a reasonable price, now, if you get an american patient who's budget is 25-30,000 why not charge him that? LL, as a surgery, is easy to do for the doctor. It just takes a little work on their part for the measurements to make sure the rotational markers are put in place correctly and reaming the canal. Actually this takes a lot of understanding of the anatomy of the human body and very good coordination, however, it isnt rocket science. The frames and nails are probably anywhere from 100-500$. The anesthesiaologist probably gets paid 40-100$ an hour. Yet somehow docs like Rozbruch are charging 100,000 for one segment. Thats what I like to call taking advantage of stupid people that arent educated on economics.

n37r0

« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2018, 01:14:37 PM »

Russia is a communist country, meaning everyone regardless of what they do is paid the same. The reason indian doctors charge more is because youre a foreigner and most doctors exploit the inflation rate and economic stability in your country. Think about it. If youre a doctor, and you got a patient thats from your communist country youre gonna charge him a reasonable price, now, if you get an american patient who's budget is 25-30,000 why not charge him that? LL, as a surgery, is easy to do for the doctor. It just takes a little work on their part for the measurements to make sure the rotational markers are put in place correctly and reaming the canal. Actually this takes a lot of understanding of the anatomy of the human body and very good coordination, however, it isnt rocket science. The frames and nails are probably anywhere from 100-500$. The anesthesiaologist probably gets paid 40-100$ an hour. Yet somehow docs like Rozbruch are charging 100,000 for one segment. Thats what I like to call taking advantage of stupid people that arent educated on economics.

Wise words, but even within Russia there are some expensive doctors right?

And if these Russian doctors are perpetually cheaper than other say European or Indian or American doctors, then why do the majority of people still go to European countries/US/India to get it done there, when the success rate for an easy surgery (as you say) would be the same in not-so-bad Russia?

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2018, 01:35:51 PM »

Wise words, but even within Russia there are some expensive doctors right?

And if these Russian doctors are perpetually cheaper than other say European or Indian or American doctors, then why do the majority of people still go to European countries/US/India to get it done there, when the success rate for an easy surgery (as you say) would be the same in not-so-bad Russia?

No, I never saw an expensive doctor in Russia. The highest I saw was 13k usd because alot of foreigners were going to him. And the reason there isnt too many is because people are suspicious the cheap price would mean cheap quality surgery but this is reasonable price and it should be taken into consideration the price doesnt include performing additional correctional surgery so that can be a reason why its cheap. Also, in America, a patient winning a case of negligence is more likely than in Europe (except France and Spain). So doctors charge more. And in exchange for that the patient pays more to feel safer legally. Kind of rambling but I hope I answered your question.

n37r0

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2018, 01:40:31 PM »

-snip-

Yeah! you certainly did answer my question thanks, i heed your words. Currently as an 18 year old guy in uni living in my parent's house, i have a part time job and I've been a money saver all my life, I'll definitely be doing LL in Russia in a few years time as part of a gap-year.

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2018, 02:37:33 PM »

Yeah! you certainly did answer my question thanks, i heed your words. Currently as an 18 year old guy in uni living in my parent's house, i have a part time job and I've been a money saver all my life, I'll definitely be doing LL in Russia in a few years time as part of a gap-year.

Awesome brother, im saving up too. :)

myloginacct

« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2018, 09:27:23 PM »

Again, you should wait until you're 21 so you're totally done growing... You might manage to save enough for Russia before that, or even grow up more and change your mind.

AR

« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2018, 07:14:36 AM »

For the diary of this man - i don't know but i know patients of dr kulesh that has been asked to go for 1.25 and 1.5 mm per day doing external tibia and even dr kulesh said that he had a patient that done 3 mm per day ( the doctor didn't know ) but he was surprised that the regeneration was good, but for sure this patient fked his muscles . but this is very bad for the soft tissues , for me 1 mm is the limit . i don't think one shall get pre consolidation after 2 cm if he is doing 1mm per day . so 1.5 or 1.75 per day will shortcut the lengthening phase - but will damage ur soft tissues . just play it safe in lengthening . and if you have a good regeneration - this will be advantage to remove the frame very soon.
- gained 4 cms External Tibias in Russia
- went from 171 to 175
- still recovering and having the frames
-English is not my first language
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up