Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Female, 5ft, need some feedback  (Read 6838 times)

TIBIKE200

Re: Female, 5ft, need some feedback
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2017, 08:26:50 PM »

if you will do this you will be 5'3. you will be 1cm below average so no small at all
I learned some stuff during this time

Tinkerbelle

« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2017, 08:41:25 PM »

if you will do this you will be 5'3. you will be 1cm below average so no small at all

I like to think so, but lots of people still categorize 5'3" as "short" and "petite." But I will still be tiny weight and frame wise, as I have small bones and don't weigh a hell of a lot

5'3" is an inch below average, though, not a cm. and since if I do tibiae (which would be ideal so I can correct the length disrecapnacy between them as well), I may only get 2 inches, which would put me at 5'2.5"

Tinkerbelle

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2017, 08:47:35 PM »

Sleeping with frames is indeed maddening, especially if you're not normally a back-sleeper. Myself, I did eventually get used to it, though. When you're tired enough, you can fall asleep standing up, I'm sure. Since I've always been a side-sleeper or front-sleeper, propping up pillows behind myself and between my frames did the trick....felt crazy disorienting waking up, though.
I've got some pics and vids of my rather horrific scars, but I had a revision nailing and bone graft, so double the marks on my L leg. I don't have hairy legs like a lot of guys, so there's not much covering all my battle marks...not to mention the little herniations I got.

I assume you don't have hairy legs either, so externals might be a bad choice if you wear lots of skirts and shorts.

If you're in the US...particularly the West Coast, I know a couple docs doing Precise who might be affordable.

Yes, you are correct that I don't have hairy legs, at least not when I'm wearing shorts or skirts. So the scars would be an issue. I'm in the US, so anyone here is a plus, especially if I can get insurance to cover part of the cost since I have a significant length discrepancy between my lower legs...

AlexL

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2017, 09:01:49 PM »

Hello Tinkerbelle,
I really would thinking about LL in lower legs. As a girl I think it will look very odd when having long lower legs esp. when wear high heels. and your wishing of 8 cm is not possible in lower leg. it will destroy all proportion and walk and athletics. long femur can hide with long shirt etc. long tibia no hide possible easy. really think about your choice.

Tinkerbelle

« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2017, 09:11:32 PM »

Hello Tinkerbelle,
I really would thinking about LL in lower legs. As a girl I think it will look very odd when having long lower legs esp. when wear high heels. and your wishing of 8 cm is not possible in lower leg. it will destroy all proportion and walk and athletics. long femur can hide with long shirt etc. long tibia no hide possible easy. really think about your choice.

Hey Alex,

I have a length discrepancy in my tibiae that I would also like to correct, so that is why I would prefer to do the lower legs. I wouldn't go for 8cm in the tibiae, I think 5 cm is the limit, and since my lower legs aren't as skinny as my upper, I think they would actually look better being a couple inches longer. I don't wear heels, so I'm not worried about my legs looking too long in them. If for some reason after consulting with doctors they determine its better to do femurs I would opt for that, but I think given that the length discrepancy is in my tibiae, they probably would recommend that (and insurance would be more likely to cover part of the cost since it's not just for cosmetic purposes)

sashawiak

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2017, 04:47:45 PM »

5 cm shouldn't mess up your proportions unless your calves are already really long in comparison to your thighs. I'm with you on the external tibia scar concerns though. :( I guess we could just wear jeans all the time after, but that would be really inconvenient if you live somewhere hot. I'm definitely interested to see how Miktovic's 16k internal device is going to do when it comes out, so much more affordable than precise with any doctor.
I'm personally hoping to make it to 5'4-5'5. Average height. Although in the Midwest it seems like the average girl is taller than that, but maybe it's just my town.

Tinkerbelle

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2017, 11:07:49 PM »

I agree. Especially because I don't have long lower legs and have always wished they were much longer. I tried to attach a pic to illustrate but got a message saying the upload folder is full? Perhaps someone can direct me to an admin to sort that out?

What is your height?

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2017, 12:17:19 AM »

I agree. Especially because I don't have long lower legs and have always wished they were much longer. I tried to attach a pic to illustrate but got a message saying the upload folder is full? Perhaps someone can direct me to an admin to sort that out?

What is your height?

You can use imgur.com to upload a pic and link it here.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Tinkerbelle

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2017, 01:41:25 AM »

You can use imgur.com to upload a pic and link it here.

Erggh...dunno how I feel having my images public on the internet. Is there another way?

Tinkerbelle

« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2017, 02:18:03 AM »

Ok just posted a pic in the proportions section if anyone wants to see- then I think folks will get why I would prefer to lengthen my lower legs instead of upper...

Bigfaker

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »

Yes, you are correct that I don't have hairy legs, at least not when I'm wearing shorts or skirts. So the scars would be an issue. I'm in the US, so anyone here is a plus, especially if I can get insurance to cover part of the cost since I have a significant length discrepancy between my lower legs...

There might be a good chance you can get a discrepancy correction covered under your health insurance. Anthem Blue Cross did pay for my Revision Nailing/Bone graft/Achillotenotomy last year, less deductible. I knew I was going for something major, so I got the best plan I could possibly afford and it was totally worth it. Who knows if things will change when we go from Obamacare to Trumpcare, though. Hope to God they keep the pre-existing conditions provision.

Anyway, about the California docs I know, I'm sure everyone here will urge you to go with the known names like Paley and Rozbruch. So go ahead and look into them, do your due diligence. If you want the contact info, shoot me a PM. I'm still not big on promoting any docs on here...but I will tell you my doc has spent a lot of his career doing lengthenings for trauma/deformity/discrepancy.
Prev. Height: 5'-5.25"/165.7cm (Morn)
Ext.LON with Dr. Raj Sringari-Install: 12/17/13 * Lengthend: ~3"/7.6cm * Frm Rmvl 04/17/14
Diagnosd w/ Partial Non-Union: 02/09/16
Ankle Debridement Surg: 02/22/16...Rev. Nail/Bone Graft/Tenotomy-Loma Linda Med. Ctr: 05/12/16
Taylor Spatial Correction: 02/01/18

sashawiak

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2017, 05:10:20 PM »

What is your height?

Mine are the same haha. My legs are quite short compared to my torso too. Since you've got a discrepancy in your tibias I would think getting them lengthened would be your best bet. If you did femurs you'd end up with one longer femur and still have the shorter tibia. I think if I were you, like the guy above me said, I would definitely see if health insurance can cover some of your surgery costs because of the 1 inch discrepancy.
And I'd like to say I'm 5'2, I think 5'1 3/4 might be more accurate. I'm just slightly under.

cole slaws

• 5'4 to 5'9; ex girl.
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2017, 07:47:10 AM »

Well non weight bearing nails are an option but you will be unable to stand. Im getting scar revision and tattoo coverup so its not an issue. I also posted a topic for external tibial scars so you could take a look at it.

Good luck! ;D
Apollo Justice is my spirit animal.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up