Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HGH to lengthen clavicle bone?  (Read 2871 times)

gazziman

• Visitor
HGH to lengthen clavicle bone?
« on: February 26, 2017, 12:54:19 AM »

I'm 21 years old and my clavicular epiphyseal is not fused yet, found through an X-ray. I have access to Pharma grade HGH. Would this work to stimulate growth in my clavicle resulting in wider shoulders?

vegeta24

Re: HGH to lengthen clavicle bone?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 01:34:48 AM »

No it won't. In order for HGH to have it's full potential it has to be used at pre puberty-early puberty. By age 12 for males the clavicle is already 80% of what it's going to be. You also need thousands worth of HGH for it to have the effect of actually widening your bones/making you taller. I'm obsessed with my clavicle width and attempted to go down this route as well, it's simply too late. Clavicle lengthening is our future

gazziman

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 02:54:20 AM »

Do you believe clavicle lengthening will become a regular cosmetic procedure?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 03:45:47 AM by gazziman »

gazziman

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 04:16:12 AM »

No it won't. In order for HGH to have it's full potential it has to be used at pre puberty-early puberty. By age 12 for males the clavicle is already 80% of what it's going to be. You also need thousands worth of HGH for it to have the effect of actually widening your bones/making you taller. I'm obsessed with my clavicle width and attempted to go down this route as well, it's simply too late. Clavicle lengthening is our future
Do you believe clavicle lengthening will become a regular cosmetic procedure? If so, how soon?

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 12:17:26 PM »

Hi Gazziman, you posted the same topic in the 'Height & Proportions' section recently to which I answered with;

Possibly. I'd be very, very cautious about using growth hormone from any supplier other than a medical professional - Pfizer copies have flooded the market with bogus GH as well as many other 'manufacturers' not being the real deal. If you don't have the testing equipment, I personally would not risk it. Have you considered the dosage and amount of time needed to elicit any meaningful benefit - and that the epiphyseal plate may fuse before any GH responsible growth, nevermind the astronomical price for such an endeavor? For optimal results, you would be taking much more than a hobbyist bodybuilder who uses it for recovery etc.

Vegeta24 also makes the point that at your age, the vast majority of clavicle length is in place meaning at best you would have wasted thousands and at worse directly altered your endocrine system for no benefit.

vegeta24

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 05:35:53 PM »

Gazziman I am not sure if it will become a regular procedure. The demand for it seems to be low for whatever reason. There is a surgeon who preforms "shoulder widening" who still does preform it, but he is not an orthopedic surgeon. He is probably the best bet we have at the moment, since no LL surgeons that I'm aware of offer it for cosmetic reasons. I personally plan on getting the procedure done if I obtain proof that it has not resulted in a disaster. I do plan on speaking to the doctor in California. Rumor is it's already being done for people who are transgender/bodybuilders. It is just a rumor though, not sure if it's true.

gazziman

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 08:53:09 PM »

Gazziman I am not sure if it will become a regular procedure. The demand for it seems to be low for whatever reason. There is a surgeon who preforms "shoulder widening" who still does preform it, but he is not an orthopedic surgeon. He is probably the best bet we have at the moment, since no LL surgeons that I'm aware of offer it for cosmetic reasons. I personally plan on getting the procedure done if I obtain proof that it has not resulted in a disaster. I do plan on speaking to the doctor in California. Rumor is it's already being done for people who are transgender/bodybuilders. It is just a rumor though, not sure if it's true.
Where did you discover this rumor? I'm doing all the research I can on this.

vegeta24

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 03:58:26 AM »

Someone mentioned it on reddit on a transgender sub-reddit that some FTM transgender people have done clavicle lengthening. I have done much research on this topic and so far I have found a korean surgeon who preforms cosmetic clavicle shortening for $8,000 USD. A surgeon in California (Leif Rogers) preforms lengthening of the clavicle. He will not speak about it without a consultation though which is $350. Leif Rogers has claimed he has preformed this procedure before. You're more than welcome to join me on my research.

I have asked Dr Solomin and I got a no.

I have asked Dr Rozbruch and got a maybe, he wants to look into it more

I have asked Dr Paley and did not get a response, I think there is something wrong with my email filter.

I have asked Dr Parihar and got a no. 

The only surgeon I have found that will preform it is Leif Rogers. Dr. Rozbruch in New York said he will consider it. If anyone could ask any other reputable LL doctors it would be very helpful.

gazziman

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 08:03:34 AM »

Someone mentioned it on reddit on a transgender sub-reddit that some FTM transgender people have done clavicle lengthening. I have done much research on this topic and so far I have found a korean surgeon who preforms cosmetic clavicle shortening for $8,000 USD. A surgeon in California (Leif Rogers) preforms lengthening of the clavicle. He will not speak about it without a consultation though which is $350. Leif Rogers has claimed he has preformed this procedure before. You're more than welcome to join me on my research.

I have asked Dr Solomin and I got a no.

I have asked Dr Rozbruch and got a maybe, he wants to look into it more

I have asked Dr Paley and did not get a response, I think there is something wrong with my email filter.

I have asked Dr Parihar and got a no. 

The only surgeon I have found that will preform it is Leif Rogers. Dr. Rozbruch in New York said he will consider it. If anyone could ask any other reputable LL doctors it would be very helpful.
I will start sending out emails to LL surgeons in the next two days. Will the users from the transgender subreddit specify which surgeons performed their clavicle lengthening surgeries?

vegeta24

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2017, 09:13:21 PM »

http://www.dr-kimura.com/ope/ope-list/other/

Theres the surgeon who preforms clavicle shortening with a photo. I am not sure what the specific technique is but it does show that if shortening it works on normal patients without a deformity than lengthening it will too.

gazziman

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 08:43:33 AM »

Hi Gazziman, you posted the same topic in the 'Height & Proportions' section recently to which I answered with;

Possibly. I'd be very, very cautious about using growth hormone from any supplier other than a medical professional - Pfizer copies have flooded the market with bogus GH as well as many other 'manufacturers' not being the real deal. If you don't have the testing equipment, I personally would not risk it. Have you considered the dosage and amount of time needed to elicit any meaningful benefit - and that the epiphyseal plate may fuse before any GH responsible growth, nevermind the astronomical price for such an endeavor? For optimal results, you would be taking much more than a hobbyist bodybuilder who uses it for recovery etc.

Vegeta24 also makes the point that at your age, the vast majority of clavicle length is in place meaning at best you would have wasted thousands and at worse directly altered your endocrine system for no benefit.
I have access to top notch HGH. Will be starting it next week for all potential benefits, muscle gain and the optimistic possibility of broader shoulders. Will report back to this thread (or start a new thread) with updates on my skeletal progress.
Pages: [1]   Go Up