Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Pavel Kulesh, (Russia, St Petersburg)  (Read 13235 times)

Hamiltonzac

Re: Dr Pavel Kulesh, (Russia, St Petersburg)
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2018, 09:14:26 PM »

Yes, you can. I've done so myself.

Hi android, Then the surgeries, how much cheaper was it for you? I am doing cross lengthening so how much would that be roughly speaking? wow, I am really happy about this, private costs so much more.

Sara123

Re: Dr Kulesh
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2018, 04:22:01 PM »

Dr Kulesh states that Ilizarov without any nails is the safest method. It's stated in his word document which he sends by email.

cheekycabs

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2018, 05:47:12 PM »

Price generally includes: Surgery for apparatus and removal (and nail installation/removal) if this is discussed between LON/LATN/External
Approximately 5 days in hospital post surgery, food, medicine
1 set of x rays
Possibly PT during this time

Everything excluded:
Post care
Medication
PT

Yes, the price is very cheap with Dr. Kulesh. There are many diaries in the section coming from his clinic, best read them.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Francesco

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2018, 06:24:53 PM »

Hello

I received a very detailed document from him, but little bit confusing also, a lot of information and I am not sure about the package price.

Did you get any realistic forecast regarding the budget ?

Let us Know.

Sara123

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2019, 06:56:46 AM »

Hello

I received a very detailed document from him, but little bit confusing also, a lot of information and I am not sure about the package price.

Did you get any realistic forecast regarding the budget ?

Let us Know.

I get the feeling that to get the answer you are looking for, you need to fly to Russia and have a face to face consultation but go with fully prepared questions written down and ask how the pricing works, for example is it charged per leg, what is the cost of complications and which ones etc. Ask lots of questions about costs and ask for a breakdown, ask how long it is likely you will need a carer for should you plan to pay for one, how long you might have to say in Russia for, get a full detailed breakdown there and then. In the word document he sends, you will see various dates which are available for a consultation in 2019. He is quite strict about this. It would appear he is not that interested in discussing things via email. I got the feeling he simply wants you to look at his word document, look at the dates on which he will be available for a consultation and then simply send him a brief email saying something like "I would like to have a consultation on this date". Ensure the date or the dates you can go match the consultation date options he sent in his document. Then book it and just go. Then ask the questions. Come back with a good estimate of how much it will all cost and then add some extra money for unforeseen things that could happen.

myloginacc

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2019, 08:34:57 PM »

Does Kulesh speak better english and is more responsive than Dr. Solomin via e-mail?
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

California2

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2019, 02:23:29 AM »

I've watched Dr. Kulesh answer e-mail.  He easily gets more than 100 messages per day.  He has to sort through them and respond to actual and current patients before he can consider answering your third variant of the same question regarding "whatever".  Nonetheless, he tries and he does so with far more patience than I possess.

The "file" contains all of the current information--but you have to read it carefully to fully understand things.

If you want to know if you are a good candidate for surgery, the best he can tell you by e-mail is that "it's possible".

My procedure (9 cm bi-lateral lengthening of tibias and fibulas with LATN; plus, ATL) cost me about $22K  INCLUDING airfare, apartment, food, transfers, meds, PT, etc.   I stayed in St. Petersburg for distraction and returned home about one week after my LATN surgery.

Solomin/Kulesh take an advance for each surgery (250K rubles recently at a municipal clinic--prices change).  You settle up after surgery when they have the final costs--could be 25-50K rubles in either direction.  Meds, x-rays, hospital room charges, PT, transportation, MD bandage change, etc. are extra but relatively inexpensive.

Some of the extras are mandatory; some are not.  For example, x-rays after each 1 cm of lengthening and MD bandage change 1X per week are mandatory.

What I did is deposit a chunk of rubles; then, got an updated statement each time a charge was incurred.  Billing and charges are extremely transparent once you understand the process.

In fact, PT was so inexpensive (1500 rubles) that I ordered extra sessions once I learned that my therapist was a Ph.D., knew what she was doing, and was far more skilled than any US physical therapist I encountered.  Same with meds--I ordered extra so I would have some to bring home with me--400 rubles for a month's worth.

caveman

• Visitor
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2020, 06:14:43 AM »

Hello,

I've been communicating with Dr. Kulesh recently. He said that they "recommend" lengthening 10% max of the original bone length (usually 3.5-4.5cm). That seems odd and much lower than other claims from other doctors, who recommend usually 6-7cm max (consequently 18-20% of the original bone length). Any idea what's up with that?

I'd say if you go for cosmetical reasons and unless you want multiple surgeries/lengthenings, 4cm is really not worth the time and effort and money. I wouldn't do LL unless I get to have at least around 6cm if I'm being honest. Which seems acceptable for others doctors.

Arcon

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2020, 10:07:47 AM »

Hello,

I've been communicating with Dr. Kulesh recently. He said that they "recommend" lengthening 10% max of the original bone length (usually 3.5-4.5cm). That seems odd and much lower than other claims from other doctors, who recommend usually 6-7cm max (consequently 18-20% of the original bone length). Any idea what's up with that?

I'd say if you go for cosmetical reasons and unless you want multiple surgeries/lengthenings, 4cm is really not worth the time and effort and money. I wouldn't do LL unless I get to have at least around 6cm if I'm being honest. Which seems acceptable for others doctors.

That doesn't make any sense! 6cm is very reasonable lengthening for all other LL doctors (at least in the femur).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up