Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: wingspan and body height proportion  (Read 3022 times)

want2btall

wingspan and body height proportion
« on: March 06, 2017, 03:55:41 PM »

Hi All,

I have tried to measure my wingspan by lying down my body on the ground and do some marking on the ground. Is it correct way to measure wingspan?

My wingspan is about 163cm and my body height is about 162(night)-163cm(morning). I aims to lengthen by 7cm femur to reach about 170cm. will i looks odd if my wingspan is shorter than my body height by 3 inches?

Re: wingspan and body height proportion
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 04:31:22 PM »

Height 160 cm, a wingspan of 157 cm. I am also very confused.

Jack1066

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2017, 05:00:18 PM »

Yes I think 3 inches might look odd but it depends on how broad your shoulders are too.

want2btall

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 11:37:06 PM »

Yes I think 3 inches might look odd but it depends on how broad your shoulders are too.

can the shoulders be trained to become broader? will it helps or makes it looks even odd?

Jack1066

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2017, 12:13:33 AM »

Sorry to clarify I mean if your shoulders are naturally narrow then more of your wingspan will be made up of your arms.

But yes, if you try broadening your shoulders (exercise) that'll give the impression of slightly longer arms.

want2btall

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2017, 01:51:49 PM »

Any advices from the others?

myloginacct

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2018, 04:57:07 PM »

Unless I have measured my wingspan horribly wrong, mine is naturally is 10cm shorter than my height. So it's not like it is something that is impossible to happen in nature.

Either way, with CLL, you have to decide on whether you want more height or your natural proportions.

Tiger9898

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2018, 05:05:52 PM »

Hi All,

I have tried to measure my wingspan by lying down my body on the ground and do some marking on the ground. Is it correct way to measure wingspan?

My wingspan is about 163cm and my body height is about 162(night)-163cm(morning). I aims to lengthen by 7cm femur to reach about 170cm. will i looks odd if my wingspan is shorter than my body height by 3 inches?

Our height, wingspan are almost the same,I am also thinking about femur (7cm), but unfortunately 7 cm femur lengthening will not exactly give you 7 cm real height.  As our femur isn't vertical,  it will give you around 6,5 cm real height I think
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

6'2_dream

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 05:00:30 PM »

friend there is basically a rule that will determine how much of proportion you are going to look like due to lack of precision,
you get the same height-x-span ratio so you're probably at the limit,
if your arms when they are down are lower than your hip even with a 7cm stretch in the femur this will not be noticeable for your proportion when you are in clothes normally you will probably only notice the difference if you compare to other people with 170cm you might have noticed the difference more nothing too disproportionate,
on the other hand if your arms are stretched down to reach hip height or less then that difference will be much more disproportionate.

for example the following photo of the UFC fighters conor mcgregor and artem lobov.
https://imgur.com/gallery/72OMoBj
conor mcgregor
height: 1.75 (5'9)
wingspan: 1.88 (6.2)
artem lobov
height: 1.75 (5'9)
wingspan: 1.65 (5'5)

detail the conor mcgregor probably has wingspan 6'2 because of the broad shoulders what really matters is the arms naturally at the height of the mid-thigh
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m
Pages: [1]   Go Up