Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I need some help. Don't know what to do  (Read 1394 times)

google42

I need some help. Don't know what to do
« on: March 10, 2017, 10:49:34 PM »

I'm also 19 male currently and in college, I'll be 20 in less then six months. I wanna know how people manage to pay for good doctors like lee, paley, rozbruch etc.I don't think I'm going to be able to save up Money for this until I'm out of college, have a stable job, and some work experience so I can get good pay. I could go to Russia or another place with a good cheap doc (maybe Prahir?)But I'm still gonna have to save up a good amount of money, especially if I want internals. then I'm gonna have take like a year off, plus worry about more recovery time and trying to get back to 100% even though I never will. I'm 5'6" and I live in Canada so I guess it's not too bad.

I don't know if this is all going to be worth it to me sacrificing the money, time, go through all the pain and effort of going to a different country ( I'm pretty sure there is no surgeon In Canada that will operate cosmetically, probably never will be.) just to be 3 inches taller.

If I do want to do this later on ( which will be a long time from now) how do I hide this from my parents? I mean after I get the surgery I can just say I got taller naturally and people will believe, but they are going to wonder where I went for a year.

I've actually been lurking here on the site since like September of 2016 and I just recently made and account. I don't even know how I found this site to be honest, but I do know that I was kinda fine with my height but would like to be taller. I did go to r/short just to see if there was support thee for us below average height people. Nope, I was wrong. It's filled with hate and actually made me more sad about my height. The internet in general has made me feel uneasy about a lot of things and has almost brainwashed me. I've seen quite a bit of extremist stuff on the internet (r/short, mgtow which I think is ridiculous, and a few other places) but I know it's just extreme views of people and should be taken with a grain of salt. I am pretty neutral on a lot of things.

Anyways, now I'm here on this forum and I come everyday just to know more about leg lengthening and how other people are doing. I pretty much come to this site compulsively because I feel like have to, it's kinda hard to stop and just forget about leg lengthening and this site. I just I don't even know if I'll ever be able to go through the whole procedure honestly. I don't know if it's
Worth it in the long run. I just need some damn advice. I don't know what to do anymore.

Tinkerbelle

Re: I need some help. Don't know what to do
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2017, 11:37:33 PM »

I think the main question you need to ask yourself is why you want to do this, and if all the expense, pain, risks and inconvenience are worth it for that reason. If you're not already determined to do it, it's probably not something that's torturing you enough to justify (especially all the complications). Also, you have to be realistic about what doing LL will and won't achieve. If the main thing is just not liking being short for its own sake, it will make a difference. But if you're doing it primarily because you think being taller will get you a better job, more money, women or whatever, then it's probably best not to- these things will be a struggle regardless of your height, even if changing it might makes things slightly easier. Personally, as a woman, I don't think there's anything unattractive about a guy being short. I have lots of men in my family your height or shorter none ever had an issue attracting the opposite sxx, most are also successful entrepreneurs making good money, so height does not determine success of any kind.

If you're still not sure, then what you can do is try to wear a combo of shoes and lifts that will increase your height 3 inches and see after a month or so if it really is life changing.  This is a tough procedure to endure, even for those who know they want it, so you have to be 100% on board or it's probably not a good idea.

Also, there is still a chance you're not done growing. Males can grow until age 26, and though the exception, some have had growth spurts at 23-26 years of age. So you can also get an X-ray to determine if your growth plates have even closed yet...

google42

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 11:58:38 PM »

Yea I Guess your right. Seems like I don't absolutely need leg lengthening, just a bonus for me. I'll think about it some more.

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 01:14:57 AM »

Those young people that can afford paley,rozbruch, and other usa docs usually are self made. I dont know if this'll make u feel better but ur not alone. We're the same age and although i havent started college yet i feel like time is running out for me day by day. I think by less than a year u shud be walking without aid and i believe it wont affect ur job but idk what ur aspiring to be it may depend on how much stress the designated job buts on ur legs.
I don't suggest hiding LL from ur parents bro. u r an adult and if they dont agree with how u feel its not like they can stop u from doing it. Plus, u r definitely gonna need their support even if their reaction to the news is negative once ur with broken legs they have nothing to do but to adapt to the given situation and support u after all, they are ur parents. It'll be nerve wrecking breaking the news to them but once u do u'll feel like ur free and dont have to lie anymore.

and yea /r/short is a hell hole. wenever i think of that place its just a bunch of guys 5'4-5'7 whining and bitching about their height but not doing   about it. This forum is nothing like it. If u do decide to go with LL just know that this forum is always here and if anything my PMs are open.

Bander72

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 01:31:15 AM »

I recommend not to go to a third world country like india. Even with the only seemingly good doc in India parihar you would go to a place where they can fk  you up and get away with it. Russia is where the traditional method was born so its a great place but id advice to do Lon because it would be hell dealing with those frames for a year. And if you want 3 inches then you have to do internal femurs. The 3 inches will be too much for your tibias you will get major complications. Some here with internals got major complications when doing 8 cm. I would really recomend not to do nore than 5 cm. Dont think that you have to make it worth for all the money your spending. Thats is a idiotic view as your health and recovery should be more important.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

The Kaiser

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 06:16:27 PM »

I'm also 19 male currently and in college, I'll be 20 in less then six months. I wanna know how people manage to pay for good doctors like lee, paley, rozbruch etc.I don't think I'm going to be able to save up Money for this until I'm out of college, have a stable job, and some work experience so I can get good pay. I could go to Russia or another place with a good cheap doc (maybe Prahir?)But I'm still gonna have to save up a good amount of money, especially if I want internals. then I'm gonna have take like a year off, plus worry about more recovery time and trying to get back to 100% even though I never will. I'm 5'6" and I live in Canada so I guess it's not too bad.

I don't know if this is all going to be worth it to me sacrificing the money, time, go through all the pain and effort of going to a different country ( I'm pretty sure there is no surgeon In Canada that will operate cosmetically, probably never will be.) just to be 3 inches taller.

If I do want to do this later on ( which will be a long time from now) how do I hide this from my parents? I mean after I get the surgery I can just say I got taller naturally and people will believe, but they are going to wonder where I went for a year.

I've actually been lurking here on the site since like September of 2016 and I just recently made and account. I don't even know how I found this site to be honest, but I do know that I was kinda fine with my height but would like to be taller. I did go to r/short just to see if there was support thee for us below average height people. Nope, I was wrong. It's filled with hate and actually made me more sad about my height. The internet in general has made me feel uneasy about a lot of things and has almost brainwashed me. I've seen quite a bit of extremist stuff on the internet (r/short, mgtow which I think is ridiculous, and a few other places) but I know it's just extreme views of people and should be taken with a grain of salt. I am pretty neutral on a lot of things.

Anyways, now I'm here on this forum and I come everyday just to know more about leg lengthening and how other people are doing. I pretty much come to this site compulsively because I feel like have to, it's kinda hard to stop and just forget about leg lengthening and this site. I just I don't even know if I'll ever be able to go through the whole procedure honestly. I don't know if it's
Worth it in the long run. I just need some damn advice. I don't know what to do anymore.

3 inches is not that safe, you may have a complication (more $ required). This surgery is not safe, you should be aware.

onemorefoot

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 06:48:58 PM »

Guitchet recommends 3 inches in femurs
Budget will determine my future.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 06:50:43 PM »

And Betz recommends 22cm for both segments.

Great examples indeed.

Btw OP block in your web browser/router settings both r/short and r/tall. One is filled with crybabies and second with bunch of selfpraising wankers.

google42

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 08:07:45 PM »

Thanks for the advice guys

TheLichKing

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 07:26:36 AM »

One is filled with crybabies and second with bunch of selfpraising wankers.

looooooooooooooooool
"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful." -Eric Thomas

Current height - 168.5 cm: 5'6.5
Goal - 180 cm: 5'11
*2 segments (femurs-6.5 cm) + (tibia-5 cm)=11.5 cm: 4.5''
Pages: [1]   Go Up