Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: If done overseas when exactly can I return to America?  (Read 1064 times)

AlwaysLivin

• Visitor
If done overseas when exactly can I return to America?
« on: March 10, 2017, 11:06:32 PM »

Hi

My biggest concern is that leg lengthening will cause a career gap on my resume of several months. In this highly competitive job market I don't want this to stop me getting a job. I was going to list "physical injury/healing 6 months" on my resume and labor laws stop employers from probing further but I wanted to know the minimum time I can return to USA so I can begin job hunting/sending out interviews. By the time I get the job, it'll probably be 1-2 months for the interview process so that'll add to healing time. Plus these are typical STEM office jobs with no physical labor so no worries if I have to walk on crutches for the first 2-3 months of my job or even I could negotiate with my job that hires me to give me time off unpaid but keep my employment secure. Just getting my foot in the door ASAP is my worry.

I plan on doing this overseas and somewhere like Europe. I want to do 6.5-7CM internal femurs.

Whereintheworld?

Re: If done overseas when exactly can I return to America?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:02:10 PM »

Most employers will not care if you took off a few months to a year for personal time. To give yourself a legit excuse, why not try learning the local language of the country you'll be in?

The Kaiser

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 06:13:40 PM »

Most employers will not care if you took off a few months to a year for personal time. To give yourself a legit excuse, why not try learning the local language of the country you'll be in?

they care, who told you they don't care? they need someone to finish the work so they will bring someone else, except if you have an agreement with them.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2017, 10:48:59 AM »

they care, who told you they don't care? they need someone to finish the work so they will bring someone else, except if you have an agreement with them.
I could be wrong, but the tone of his post suggests he intends to resign from his current job,
"leg lengthening will cause a career gap on my resume of several months...so I can begin job hunting/sending out interviews"- otherwise, he would have been asking whether or not employers allow significant time off from work.
Again, I could be wrong, but it seems as though what he really wants to do is have a company hire him, give him 'time off' prior to beginning work, then welcome him to the workplace when he comes back. A career gap in and of itself, as in someone who took off 6 months -1 year between jobs/college, is generally not viewed as a negative.

AlwaysLivin

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2017, 03:44:32 AM »

I will be quitting my job but nowadays career gaps are a big killer. It's not impossible to get another career but this will be me graduating straight from college -> working for 3-4 years in a generic corporation -> taking 6 months off which is seen negatively by companies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up