Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Male leg length and height in SE Nigeria  (Read 1148 times)

Jack1066

Male leg length and height in SE Nigeria
« on: March 18, 2017, 09:10:26 PM »

Apparently some Nigerian men have pretty long legs compared to their height.

https://ispub.com/IJBA/4/1/13635#

More than 50%- because they have a subischial (groin to floor) leg length of 92 cm on average but sitting height of 89 cm.

I don't think more than 50% can be abnormal regardless of what people say in this forum. (No, this is not because I'm planning on lengthening over that amount).

Edit: I was just looking up some other supporting stuff and I came across this on wiki:

"A study by Swami et al. of American men and women showed a preference for men with legs as long as the rest of their body and women with 40% longer legs than the rest of their body... SHR has been found to be very different between individuals of different ancestry. It has been reported that individuals with African ancestry have on average longer leg length, i.e. lower SHR than individuals of European ancestry.[10] A study in 2015 revealed that this difference is mainly due to genetic differences and the SHR difference between African and European individuals is as large as 1 standard deviation.[11]"
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 09:50:44 PM by Jack1066 »

Re: Male leg length and height in SE Nigeria
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 02:47:06 PM »

I don't think more than 50% can be abnormal regardless of what people say in this forum. (No, this is not because I'm planning on lengthening over that amount).

"A study by Swami et al. of American men and women showed a preference for men with legs as long as the rest of their body and women with 40% longer legs than the rest of their body... SHR has been found to be very different between individuals of different ancestry. It has been reported that individuals with African ancestry have on average longer leg length, i.e. lower SHR than individuals of European ancestry.[10] A study in 2015 revealed that this difference is mainly due to genetic differences and the SHR difference between African and European individuals is as large as 1 standard deviation.[11]"

No, not abnormal but that study itself states it is relatively rare and found mostly in one specific ethnic group which itself admits they have noticeably longer legs than the average. If a European person were to have the same proportions, I believe it would be noticeable.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 02:50:22 PM »

Wierd question. But when they say they measure from teh groin to the floor, do they mean from where the thigh connects to the butt or from the base of the ball-sack (Which is 2-3cm lower)?
I learned some stuff during this time

Jack1066

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 03:47:31 PM »

Oh yeah, sure. But if 50% leg length to height is seen as "ideal" according to an American study then I don't think people should worry too much about going up to 50 or even a little over.

I saw another graph where a 1.1:1 leg to height ratio (so legs slightly longer than half of total height) was also seen as OK but after 1.1:1 it started going downhill fast.

As I understand it subischial leg length seems to mean tip of the groin to the bottom of the foot. Like this: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=subischial+leg+length&rlz=1C1EJFA_enGB729GB729&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwib6_bP9OLSAhUJAcAKHXbzCrkQ_AUIBigB&biw=1536&bih=759#imgrc=Zns9nzHBRqMthM:
Pages: [1]   Go Up