Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV  (Read 171045 times)

crimsontide

Re: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 02:23:37 PM »

ill pst up pics soon if I can. the smaller frames are  concealable under pants, I mean 100%. they do a lot of blood tests,and pre op measurements. Will stay in Russia just a week more I think. ty

crimsontide

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 09:14:54 AM »

They just measured my height but can't be right. ...   they  measured me standing up,  and said I'm 169.5. But I'm pretty sure I'm a Little less than 167... The patient s here even say I look around 166.... Im sure that I can't be 169.5... I was measured   when I was maybe 24 and had already stopped growing, and I think was 166... Definitely not 169.... Wanna be giant said they measured him with machine but  the machine only measures the legs, not full height..I'm a little worried  why I was measured at 169... The Dr did confirm what ive known. .. my tibias are short. .. it makes me look even shorter than I am. .... but can't be 169.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 09:45:52 AM »

They just measured my height but can't be right. ...   they  measured me standing up,  and said I'm 169.5. But I'm pretty sure I'm a Little less than 167... The patient s here even say I look around 166.... Im sure that I can't be 169.5... I was measured   when I was maybe 24 and had already stopped growing, and I think was 166... Definitely not 169.... Wanna be giant said they measured him with machine but  the machine only measures the legs, not full height..I'm a little worried  why I was measured at 169... The Dr did confirm what ive known. .. my tibias are short. .. it makes me look even shorter than I am. .... but can't be 169.

I said they measured my total height with a stadiometer first, but i think they measured me a bit wrong too, maybe it wasnt calibrated correctly. but the machine only measured my legs as i already mentioned.

crimsontide

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2014, 10:22:15 AM »

Machine definitely is not right. .. which is worrying. ... How do we know how much we have measured if the machine isn't correct?   What did they measure you at? And what do fou think is your actual starting height?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2014, 10:26:54 AM »

Machine definitely is not right. .. which is worrying. ... How do we know how much we have measured if the machine isn't correct?   What did they measure you at? And what do fou think is your actual starting height?

I have measured at 175 and 174 in Sweden, their stadiometer showed me to be 173,5. This can be explained by torso fluctuation i guess, and also maybe some miscalibration on their stadiometer. Im also pretty sure i measure taller when i stand with my feet parallell with my shoulders (ie naturally) rather than pushing the feet close together like they require you to do with the stadiometer. (i have slightly bowed legs as well as being flatfooted).

The high tech machine didnt scan my full height, only my legs, after that the computer showed me if there was any discreprency between the legs and other data. To see if i needed some corrections as well as lengthening. But i had quite symmetrical legs apparantly.

crimsontide

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2014, 10:36:01 AM »

We should insist on measuring our progress with the high tech machine only. ...  We'll know we measured 4 and 6 cm respectively if the computer says our tibias are 4 and 6 cm longer. ..

Wannabegiant

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2014, 10:50:09 AM »

We should insist on measuring our progress with the high tech machine only. ...  We'll know we measured 4 and 6 cm respectively if the computer says our tibias are 4 and 6 cm longer. ..

Yeah true i figured that as long as the gap in the tibias are 4 cm, and my tibias are straight, then that should translate into the same total height gain, of course it is best to add a few mm extra to make sure.

Also as long as i am 4 cm taller than their measured total height, then that means i became 4 cm taller, even if their device is calibrated wrong. At home as i measured 174-175, i will now be 178-179 when im done.

crimsontide

« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2014, 12:29:59 PM »

I agree regarding tibia measuring. I don't trust that  stadiometer though. It could be calibrated differently next time we use it

Wannabegiant

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2014, 01:02:31 PM »

I agree regarding tibia measuring. I don't trust that  stadiometer though. It could be calibrated differently next time we use it

Thats true as well, best to rely on the x-rays then  :P

crimsontide

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2014, 02:58:44 PM »

yes:)))   i might go for 7-8 cm even... i hope the turns accurately reflect  the length

Wannabegiant

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2014, 03:45:14 PM »

yes:)))   i might go for 7-8 cm even... i hope the turns accurately reflect  the length

That would be cool if you manage that  ;) I could never imagine staying in frames for that long though, im pretty sure they wont let you out of the frames for 12 months minimum if you do 8 cm. Fortunately 4 cm is enough for me to reach 178-179  :P

crimsontide

« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2014, 05:00:41 PM »

they have the 2 different   plans for lengthening, as I'm sure you've seen. I'm going to to choose the faster program

Wannabegiant

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2014, 05:19:43 PM »

they have the 2 different   plans for lengthening, as I'm sure you've seen. I'm going to to choose the faster program

Not sure what you are talking about now, what 2 different plans?

I had the option of turning 0.75 mm a day, or slow down to 0.5 mm/day if it ended up being to painful. What other options is there to speed up the program? They didnt mention it to me

crimsontide

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2014, 10:06:31 AM »

just had surgery... feels a bit weird.. like i wanna crack my anke but cant... not pain just weird...     will update soon

jerry

« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2014, 10:15:18 AM »

awesome, you sound in good shape.  how long was the surgery?   Wannabegiant mention it was around 30 minutes. 

crimsontide

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2014, 01:50:45 PM »

It's 1 day after  surgery. I'm on pain Meds, so I'm not in any pain Right now. ... Will start walking Tomorrow. .. The back of my legs feel tight but no pain... ill probably Lengthen .75 mm a day. .. i wish I knew where to get that foot holder

crimsontide

« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2014, 01:12:50 PM »

I stood up today for first time. . Not so much walking yet. .. First time I tried it hurt bad. . I asked for anesthetic then it was much easier. .. First time is the worst though and now it's over. .. Saw Dr again today and will start lengthening on Tuesday

Wannabegiant

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2014, 02:32:30 PM »

It's 1 day after  surgery. I'm on pain Meds, so I'm not in any pain Right now. ... Will start walking Tomorrow. .. The back of my legs feel tight but no pain... ill probably Lengthen .75 mm a day. .. i wish I knew where to get that foot holder

Didnt the nurses give you a box at the end of the bed? i used that to keep my feet 90 degrees during my stay there, when i came home i made my own footholders with the help of Rgkeys instruction videos. You should check them out

crimsontide

« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2014, 05:08:58 PM »

I have that box but not doing much. .I need a foot holder. .. I walked to bathroom and Back today. .. good news is that I feel nothing now when I lay down. ... walking is a workout

crimsontide

« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2014, 06:54:34 PM »

Maybe the most thing so far is the wifi since yesterday does not work. .. I'm forced to use my mobile for everyt6 now

crimsontide

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2014, 05:44:29 AM »

Not happy today. .. I have  a sore on my lower Back killing me. .. The pain Meds they give here now do nothing. .. and I mean nothing. .. it might as well be water that is being injected. ... The nurses Here have been very good, but the one this morning basically ignores me. .. I show her what's wrong on Google translate, and she gives me this 1 second I'll be right back hand gesture, then doesn't come Back. It's   happened 3 times today already. ..  The sore though is what concerns me most , it's basically at the top of my butt  , looking like a  ty weekend

crimsontide

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2014, 05:48:33 AM »

And still no wifi

crimsontide

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2014, 06:28:10 AM »

Dr just came. .. feel better now. ..   pain is very bearable but as others have said it disrupts your sleeping. .. which is Making me very irritable

crimsontide

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2014, 07:51:02 AM »

I have very muscular legs. ... which is why I'm now thinking I made a mistake Coming to bagirov. .. This device does not seem made to be used by men with thick legs. .. ill let you guys judge. ..  When I stand it just gets worse. .. As my legs expand. .. my legs are super tight. .. I tried walking just now with no pain medicine, didn't go far. Worse than yesterday, and my ankles were really feeling it

crimsontide

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2014, 09:15:12 AM »

Update. .. Im doing much better now. . Walking around but it's like a turtle walking;)

DREAM

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2014, 12:32:46 PM »

Come on man just hang in there, You didn't come this far just to quit now, all the sacrifices you made, all the pain you had to endure in your life as a short dude. You can do it. 

crimsontide

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2014, 02:07:31 PM »

Oh I'm not gonna quit... Just sucks being immobile. .. but I've walked around a bit today. .. Just slowly

crimsontide

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2014, 03:18:09 AM »

Still no wifi, which is  a big issue for me. ..Since I work online, etc... been 4 or more days with no wifi. .. Im thinking it will not be back on. .. Something to consider if you're planning on coming here

paco1

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2014, 07:23:35 PM »

hi crisomtide,
do you post one photo with the device under your trousers?
I am thinking my surgery with doctor salameh but i don't know if it would be posible hidden the device under the trousers.
I think bagirov's device and salameh's are similar in size. The different is the screws and bars.

crimsontide

« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2014, 10:19:59 PM »

Paco, let me tell you the truth.. I used to think of how would look before I got the Surgery. . Now that I have gotten the surgery,  all I care about is getting through this with as few complications, and for it to be as painless as possible. .. i dont think even for a second about how the frame looks, that's a luxury for people reading about ll, not  For those going through it.   All that should concern you is getting the most stable frame as possible. .. Trust me,  you will not be thinking about how the frame looks  once you get the Surgery. ..

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2014, 10:48:20 PM »

I have very muscular legs. ... which is why I'm now thinking I made a mistake Coming to bagirov. .. This device does not seem made to be used by men with thick legs. .. ill let you guys judge. ..  When I stand it just gets worse. .. As my legs expand. .. my legs are super tight. .. I tried walking just now with no pain medicine, didn't go far. Worse than yesterday, and my ankles were really feeling it

That sounds similar to what I went through as someone with skinny legs and bulky Ilizarov frames.  Maybe not as bad, but those shouldn't be unexpected symptoms for an LLer.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18   Go Up