Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Down

Author Topic: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV  (Read 170911 times)

crimsontide

Re: TIBIA LENGTHENING IN MOSCOW WITH DR BAGIROV
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2014, 12:34:33 PM »

Ty medium. ...

I feel much better today,  felt very okay walking.  Wifi is Back on. .. I start Lengthening tomorrow

paco1

« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2014, 05:55:21 PM »

Hi Crimsontide,
You are right, but i don't know that somebody knows about my surgery only my parents a my best friend.
you are in the hospital yet.

crimsontide

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2014, 12:16:14 PM »

welll..  all i can say right now is the service here is not good, at least for me... the nurses are very nice, but as far as  lengthening goes, and how to properly treat patients, they really have no idea... they are huge on walking, and  do not believe in giving  pain medicine or even strong sleeping pills... i dont know if this is common, but when i try to get out of bed now, and when my legs bend, the discomfort is  unreal... it can not be normal.. as an example, taking a flight for me now would be impossible, or torture,literally... when i bend my legs, they, or the frame gets extremely extremely tight, i cant possible  sit down with legs bended  after a few minutes, its just too uncomfortable.... i ask for a wheelchair, to try to get used to being one, and they bring me a wheelchair with no footrest.... at this point, idk how i can even go home,,  i cant last   being in a sitting position, 10 hour flight back to the states would kill me,though dr bagirov said its no problem.... trust me, i can take pain, it is a problem.... im not sure if its because the device is too tight on my legs, because i have very big leg muscles.. or if this feeling is very common... i just know it really really suckssss big time...

im not sure how i can even get up to go to bathroom,  im sure ill have to, but its gonna be like torture..... thinking i should have gotten standard ilizarov device... but perhaps what im feeling is normal.... i troed to upload my legs with device so everyone can see, but  it wont allow me to.....

another thing for anyone thinking about the option they offer in baku....i was quoted initially $1000 if i wanted to stay in baku for recovery... well, I let them know i was thinking of recovering in baku, as it would be cheaper than moscow,,, they had a man there contact me, well the price i got was 1500 of their local currency, which he said was basically equivalent to euros, so thats a little more than $2000, not $1000, supposedly id have someone clean, and a guy come every few days, but $2000 for an apt in azerbaijan is  insane... I could rent a studio  in london or manhattan for that price

Wannabegiant

« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2014, 01:48:58 PM »

Weird that they apparantly keep bothering you about walking so early, I started walking as early as you did, and it was tough in the beginning, but i did walk 2-3 times a day, to the bathroom and back to my own room in the clinic, the nurses mentioned it to me that i should do it, but after that i had my own responsibility to do it. I think you should take it easy in the beginning though.

I flied home the 11:th day after surgery, and i still had pain walking by then but it was manageble even without painkillers (which i stopped taking completely after around day 5 post surgery) and sitting for extended periods of time was very uncomfortable and noticeable and constant pain, but still manageable (i tried to move my feet a lot, both in the plane, cab and in the wheelchair, it helped a bit)

Of course my flight was only 2 hours, so yeah 10 hours would be rough. Maybe you should stay at the hospital for a bit longer than i did, by that time sitting will be easier.

crimsontide

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2014, 03:56:04 PM »

ty wannabe.... i tried to get up today,and the pain in the back of my leg was intense, i had to lay back down.... not sure if its because of lengthening, but  pain is getting worse by the day,not better.... of it doesnt stop soon, idk what ill do... its pretty bad now

crimsontide

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »

theres 2 nurses here,lena and gula... they are saints....  they make it  bearable here..... very very kind

crimsontide

« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2014, 02:32:16 PM »

question about bruising and discoloration... mine are badly bruised in back of legs,how normal is this,and how long until it goes away,it looks bad

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2014, 05:59:33 PM »

I've never seen or heard of that.  But if it's just bruising maybe it's not a big deal.

crimsontide

« Reply #70 on: April 12, 2014, 06:03:27 PM »

but youve heard of  bad bruising???

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #71 on: April 12, 2014, 08:39:09 PM »

I've never heard of it in an LL patient.  You would've been an unusual case in Beijing.  It's probably because of all the walking they have you doing; I've also never heard of someone walking as much as you.

crimsontide

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2014, 12:31:47 PM »

oh great,not good..... i fotta take pics., i have awful bruising..... wonder what its from,i dnt think walking

crimsontide

« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2014, 12:34:47 PM »

wannabe, did you get bruising? ive seen a few people here with bad bruising,others with none

Wannabegiant

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »

wannabe, did you get bruising? ive seen a few people here with bad bruising,others with none

I had very little bruising, on one spot on each leg (though not exactly symmetrical obviously), in the middle of the outer sides of the calves. They are gone now though, cant remember when they disappeared because i didnt pay much attention to them, since I didnt have any pain specific to the bruised areas. Im pretty sure they where gone quite fast though. Otherwise my mother would have mentioned it when i got home, she always noticed stuff like that lol
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 01:18:04 PM by Wannabegiant »

crimsontide

« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2014, 09:14:28 PM »

I'll update more fully soon. .. but  I have pain at a pin site,  almost the same position as wb butright leg... The pin hole looks abnormal to me , as if the hole is getting ripped open wider, but might just be a normal pin hole. .. If I pull skin there  it is very sensitive. .. I dont think it could be the pin moving and ripping the skin? Might be infection.... Need to get antibiotic. .. it looks gross to me. . If this is what the holes look like,  it's gonna be ugly. ... Of course getting a hold of the Dr is almost impossible. ... At this point, I say skip bagirov,  and go Somewhere where the aftercare is top notch. ... it is nonexistent with the bagirov clinic. ..  I just hope I can get this pin hole pain fixed. ...

crimsontide

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2014, 09:20:08 PM »

Also, the right leg is worse than left by far. .. I can't even bend my right knee yet. .. Left I can easily. .. Maybe that pin is going through a nerve

Wannabegiant

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2014, 09:29:19 PM »

Tell one of the nurses to give you antiseptic solution to clean the pinsite, and then ask for antibiotic cream/ointment and put it on the pinsite, and change the pinsite dressing in that spot and put some antibiotics on the cotton piece as well. My small "infection" has improved quite a bit already with this, hope it works for you too.

crimsontide

« Reply #78 on: April 18, 2014, 03:28:18 AM »

Ty wbg...  i already am gone from Russia. .. I think bactrim will do the trick

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #79 on: April 18, 2014, 04:05:07 AM »

Sounds familiar to me (except the infection part).  I was lucky enough to avoid that despite the pinsite tearing.

crimsontide

« Reply #80 on: April 18, 2014, 06:06:37 AM »

Medium, ugh, I feel comforted though that you went through this though,  since you seem to be ok. .. What causes pinsite tear?  Seems to be only 1 site. .. You just had to take the pain?  Looks ok now???? Just a little bit scary to me ... ty guys

PrettyTall

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2014, 12:33:14 PM »

Do you mean like you regret doing it with this Dr?

crimsontide

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2014, 06:26:00 PM »

I'll explain.  I had accident and fell hard on Right leg from wheelchair. ... i contacted Dr just to be sure the pin Was ok. .. I dont want to turn screw 3 months and only have left leg lengthen. ... it's been 3 DAYS and Dr fahri made 2 appointments to have a video call on skype and both times never showed. .. Im pretty sure I'll be ok in the end but this is out of control. .. literally impossible to talk to either bagirov or fahri. .  Also had a non surgical issue that I won't Mention here. .. The aftercare is non existent... I have what is either an infection in pin site or perhaps the pin hole is just expanding, it hurt like hell....  wanted to talk to a Dr to get these issues sorted out and nothing. ... Thank god I Have a gf that helps me now or I'd be screwed. .

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2014, 10:21:42 PM »

Medium, ugh, I feel comforted though that you went through this though,  since you seem to be ok. .. What causes pinsite tear?  Seems to be only 1 site. .. You just had to take the pain?  Looks ok now???? Just a little bit scary to me ... ty guys

They passed out tramadol when they felt like it, but yeah for the most part I just had to live with the pain.  The pins will tear the skin if it's not stretching fast enough to go along with your lengthening.  I had one really bad one too, but eventually the others tore a bit too.

I had scar revision surgery so of course everything looks fine now.  But that's going to be a bigger scar if it's tearing the skin.

Michaelbkk

• Visitor
« Reply #84 on: April 19, 2014, 06:32:41 AM »

Hi, I was actually thinking about going to dr Bagirov, would you recommend him.?

jerry

« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2014, 08:22:56 AM »

Michael, if you want to go with Dr Bagirov, do the following things first.

-  Arrange your own accommodation and caretaker in Moscow because you can only stay 1-2 weeks at the clinic.  They have 4 rooms only and they encourage patients to leave early.

- Get confirmation from the clinic that you will have follow up consultation with either Dr Bargiov or Dr Fahri every 1-2 weeks after surgery with xrays.   The Drs can be hard to reach after the surgery.

crimsontide

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2014, 09:47:42 PM »

My right leg is fine... as an update..on the night i left clinic, going into my apt after plane ride, the driver  left me for a second without locking wheels, and i rolled down ramp and fell out of the chair    on my right leg.... but right leg is ok now,and left one is bad...

my left leg is fine too, except for one spot where a bolt is on the upper ring, the outside of the ring..... it is really annoying me throught the day, 24 hours a day, since tuesday... the bone there is very sore,no infection present.... but when i get up to go to bathroom, or sit down, its hard to bend, as that spot is so sore and tight, like the bone will be ripped apart.... not sure if this is normal.... i tell the dr, his reply is that all is ok, could be worse, i should ignore it

he hasnt even seen it or an x ray, and he says this.... not making me happy.... if someone has a slight headache, it could be a lot worse for this person, but at the same time, a headache is an issue and can be helped....

i  can not continue to lengthen if this issue  at one site on my left leg os not resolved...... its occupying my time 24 hours a day,, it is that irritating

if the dr  doesnt try to help more,ill be forced to go see another dr or stop lengthening this week... i can not live a few months with this pain... and there is no sign its going away anytime soon

crimsontide

« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2014, 10:08:08 PM »

I would say at this point... I cant recommend going to dr bagirov, and it is not even about his skills as a surgeon.... a patient doing this surgery needs to be under supervision during lengthening, at least in my opinion.... at least for first month.....

trying to communicate by email to a person that does not speak your language is not the way to go if you're getting this surgery... id love to be able to ring a nurse,get some pain meds or an x ray, maybe my issue would have been fixed already... but i cant, as im 1000 miles away currently.. which sucks

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2014, 10:08:56 PM »

I remember feeling like my knees were going to burst sometimes, so I can relate to your feeling that you leg will be ripped apart.  It never seemed to burst/rip though.  As bad as the pain is, your doc is probably right about this being something that is normal during LL.

crimsontide

« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2014, 10:26:00 PM »

medium, your replies are the main reason i continue..... i feel very alone, as im in a foreign nation with my gf, but other than that, im alone in my bed most of the day, and the dr is far away... im probably fine, but i tend to think the worst, as i cant get it checked very easily... your knees felt like they would burst when you tried to sit down??? the  main problem is this toilet here, its very low, so i have to really sit down low!!!   but also when i sleep, its irritating...   you experienced similar things??

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #90 on: April 27, 2014, 11:10:45 PM »

Yes, throughout most of my LL.  I'd try to lift my legs and it felt like the IM nail was going to burst out of my knee.  My knees were so stiff it took me 30 minutes to straighten them fully if I'd been bending them, or 30 minutes to bend them if they'd been straight.  They never would bend all the way though; 90 degrees was as far as I could go.  I was worried they'd misplaced the pins too close to the knees.

Sometimes I did fear something was severely wrong beyond what an LL patient should be experiencing, especially with two dozen other patients at the hospital not having problems as bad as mine.  The doctors always just told me it would be fine, and it was in the end.

I always kept my legs straight when using the toilet.  I propped them up on a chair so I wouldn't have to go down into a seated position with the knees bent.  But I always had help going to the bathroom so I don't know if that's an option for you.  Maybe you can rig up something similar.

crimsontide

« Reply #91 on: April 27, 2014, 11:35:53 PM »

reading this, i feel better.... im looking at other diaries, and everyone seems to be doing great, no pain, so easy,etc....  im doing ok too tbh, but this one pin site is hurting so bad, causing all these issues... ill see if i can get something  like a  taller seat to go on top of the toilet, it is really low..... ty medium

crimsontide

« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »

I'm still a little numb near osteo site..Is that normal?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18   Go Up